Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this turned into a conflict to capture the Royal Capital quickly. I kinda feel bad for the dwarves there as I bet they just wanted to live in peace.

I liked the overall style of the episode though as it was tense and also developed more world building elements with its underground city. Ainz feels like he was born ready to lead the people.
Aug 9, 2022 7:27 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
NICE one Heka lol, good job tho to dwarf council since they can tend their prestige until end of meeting LMAO

Aug 9, 2022 7:34 AM

Jan 2021
This episode was sooo good, I need to catch up on the Light Novel honestly. The amount of world building and tension was really entertaining to watch and my condolences to the Elves who just wanted to have a normal life, nothing is normal in the world of Overlord.

Looks like the Frost Dragon will be coming into play soon if the OP didn't make it obvious enough, that's a part I know will be hype as hell.

Nothing but praise all around for this episode, this may really be my anime of the season along side Made in Abyss if I'm being honest.

Aug 9, 2022 7:59 AM
Jan 2019
can't wait for the next episode..
Aug 9, 2022 8:00 AM
Jan 2021
Maybe its because I’m not binge-watching it, but I feel like this series is a gazzilion times better now. I am tempted to pick up the novel from vol.1
Aug 9, 2022 8:01 AM
Feb 2017
that was awesome with nice dialogs
Aug 9, 2022 8:05 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i've noticed the Godzilla and other Kaijuu roars are often used in anime, i guess theyre just considered a staple roars over there like the big cat and eagle cries you always hear
Aug 9, 2022 8:18 AM
Aug 2022
im really really excited!!
Aug 9, 2022 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
The Quagoa against the Dwarves in Feo Jora, this dungeon battle is the fight of the century in Overlord's anime adaptation so far, and Ainz is ready to lend a hand just as the opportunity rises to the most opportune occasion...just as long as the Dwarven Kingdom says yes, which they did.

The Quagoa are fearless, that is until Ainz's army enters the scene and starts the heinous massacre with 2 of the Death Knights across the Great Chasm, leaving its ringleader Yohz with caution to inform its own leader Riyuro. Meanwhile, the friendly relation talks commence, with the Dwarven Kingdom at all arms in suspicion, and this is warranted with Ainz's unusual offer that comes with a big caveat for the rune technology.

Of course, hidden away in closed doors, the dwarves are all in shock, but in terms of their current predicament, they have no choice but to accept all terms with conditions of their own to ensure fairness (e.g. labour) to the runesmiths. A demonstration to reinvigorate the lost art of runecrafting, and thankfully they all agreed to it with Ainz's presentation receiving good feedback and saving the sanity of one of the Dwarven Kingdom's unique features.

The expedition to take back the old dwarven royal capital from the Quagoa, and having the extermination of 2 Death Knights, Ainz has to strike a strategy, and both Aura and Shalltear are spearheading the operation based on his calculations, given that the latter brainwashing still stands.

The Great Chasm is no short of dangers left and right, and with Ainz's direction of facing both the Quagoa and the frost dragon, this will be an epic battle of proportions.
Aug 9, 2022 8:21 AM
Oct 2016
Great pacing and intriguing new character of the dragon.
Aug 9, 2022 8:23 AM

Nov 2017
Shalltear and Gondo are so cute!!

plz @ me
Aug 9, 2022 8:23 AM

Jul 2009
Stark700 said:
Damn, this turned into a conflict to capture the Royal Capital quickly. I kinda feel bad for the dwarves there as I bet they just wanted to live in peace.

There are no dwarves in there. Dwarves lost their capital city to quagoa and Ainz-sama is on his way to reclaim it for them.
Aug 9, 2022 8:30 AM

Jun 2021
Feo Jera is in some real trouble against these Quagoa, good thing our boy Ainz is here to save them. Lol that one Quagoa who done lost his arm. That wasn’t even a fight at the end, that was a straight up massacre. The city ran red with Quagoa blood that day! This Riyuro is gonna learn he shouldn’t fuck around with Ainz.

Mineral ores and equipment for some food stuffs? Sounds like a good deal. Plus Ainz is being upfront about the runes too. Lol I love the dwarves freaking out right after sending Ainz out the room, it’s what I would have done if I was meeting Ainz the first time.

That was a great speech, I would love to see Ainz jump up and cheer haha. What a sight! I’m glad runecrafting is gonna live on thanks to Ainz though. Gondo is a bro too, man. Sneaky old dwarf! That book is gonna be useful.

I love Shalltear and her little notebook, so cute! The end there with Ainz just coasting through the sea of lava and the labyrinth of death filled with poison like nbd was pretty amusing. Like that was suppose to be a long journey to the capital fraught with difficulties…and my guy just basically strolls over lol.

Next week looks like a battle against frost dragons and the rest of these Quagoas dudes.
Aug 9, 2022 8:43 AM

Feb 2008
Gondo is a good boy.
Aug 9, 2022 8:51 AM

Oct 2017
Things went smoothly for Ains and his speech was kind of moving. Wonder if Ains will tame the frost dragon or simply kill it.
Aug 9, 2022 8:59 AM

Jun 2010
Seemed to include most parts from the LN that I remember clearly. The episode really needs to be longer though.. its just over before I finish my coffee lol. If only they were 1 hour long it would feel perfect. Got some good dialogue in there and love the way the dwarves are drawn.. looks very old school. Death Knights slicing up the the Quagoa's was badass too.

Aug 9, 2022 9:07 AM

Feb 2019
Another week, another patiently crafted and well adapted episode. I love those moments when Ainz told Fiora and the dwarves to hush lmao. Big pet peeve when people try to talk over him. Also loved seeing how nervous he was to give that presentation, doesn’t matter how powerful you are, we still hate public speaking lol.

Looking forward to seeing the dwarf stronghold reclaimed and the frost dragon animated.
Aug 9, 2022 9:20 AM
Oct 2019
What can I say, I'm a fan when it comes down to Overlord and I really loved it
Aug 9, 2022 9:37 AM

Feb 2014
Man that end scene was sad. Ainz had finally begun to warmup to his party members other the guildmates. But sadly they were killed by Clementine from whom he also takes his battle inspiration.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 9, 2022 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
Dam this anime used to be good. Now its just a suck off session for Ainz every episode. The novelty has worn out.
Aug 9, 2022 9:41 AM
Apr 2016
Every episode from Overlord IV feels so fast. But this one by far the fastest one, feels like 18min duration.

Gondo is such a good Dwarven. And Shaltear is goddamn cute.
Aug 9, 2022 9:45 AM

Dec 2020
To see how ainz discussed with the dwarves to trade rune technology is nice to watch. He know how to act like the ruler.
Two death knights died.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 9, 2022 9:53 AM
Jun 2020
oh man this episode was so good.
I can't can't can't wait for next week. the music of the show intros are fire. he knew the death knights died but not how that's gonna be funny to see him be super cautious for no reason but it also reveals how powerful area traps are OHK like in games.

I hope to see more, constantly and always I feel like every plotline they have could be its own season.
the kingdom politcs with albedo
the theococy
this dwarf kingdom thing
the whole trade war thing going on
the stuff with crazy princess
the Godkin
whatever demi is doing
possible rebellion?
other kingdoms reacting

momon adventures seem done and so do the lizard stuff.... maybe an ark where one of this lizards gets elevated to floor boss status that'd be dope. this world just seems huge and the amount of story's to tell are endless even for an OP characters but I'm sure they won't be OP forever and
I hope that he doesn't meet another player or find a way out tbh. I think meeting someone from his old guild would cause a conflict on how he treats the servants and a random player how he's killing people of this world would just be extra needless conflict that can only lead to them being killed and the delema of anis kill his first irl human maybe. idk.
Aug 9, 2022 9:59 AM

May 2020
I knew it those dwarves were keeping the act when they were so composed talking with Ainz lol. I guess even Ainz has an idea. Anyways another episode when it felt like they're doing a good job with this adaptation even though I haven't read the ln myself.
Aug 9, 2022 10:16 AM
Jul 2020
It was really good, im liking this season a lot!
Aug 9, 2022 10:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode as always, but I'm surprised that Ainz didn't understand that they cut the bridge to kill the knights since it was the obvious solution, anyway the deal with the dwarves is sealed now, I can't wait for the raid xD
Aug 9, 2022 10:52 AM
Apr 2021
Shalltear learning stuff and writing everything Ains said, and the fact that he wants to preserve a dying tradition was pretty cool.
Aug 9, 2022 11:13 AM
Jun 2022
Pretty good episode! This show has even more content than cote and is still doing a %100 better adaptation("its impossible to adapt a light novel bla bla bla", here we have a good example that its not). Im so mad i need to wait 1 week to the next ep, damn, just hope they don't abuse the cgi, thanks for the ep!
Aug 9, 2022 11:26 AM

Apr 2018
Quite the dialogues as usual. Seems like they're capturing the Royal Capital in the next episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 9, 2022 11:26 AM

Apr 2018
Quite the dialogues as usual. Seems like they're capturing the Royal Capital in the next episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 9, 2022 11:27 AM

May 2015
As much as I enjoy this season, the visuals really seem to be in a downward spiral. The dwarves look particularly awful.
Aug 9, 2022 11:30 AM
Aug 2013
Could anyone explain what Ains was referring to in his monologue towards the end? It's been too long since previous seasons I can't remember.
Aug 9, 2022 11:35 AM
Dec 2021
Wonderful! This episode brings me nostalgia about the dwarves
Aug 9, 2022 12:06 PM

Mar 2015
there is too much buildup and not enough payoff. the show is not bad but the story drags out for way too long. I wanna see some epic boss fight already with big magic and shit
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Aug 9, 2022 12:16 PM
May 2021
Nice nice they showed the gore properly and next episode gonna be a massacre 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Aug 9, 2022 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
No one complain about it, so I feel the need to play devils advocate, but this is totally ahegao face.

Shalltear is by far above this sexualised depiction of one so powerful
Roch2001Aug 9, 2022 12:27 PM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 9, 2022 12:22 PM
Oct 2020
FrozenSynch said:
Could anyone explain what Ains was referring to in his monologue towards the end? It's been too long since previous seasons I can't remember.

It was a flashback to season 1 when Ninya mentioned the Frost Dragons when Momon was on the quest with the Swords of Darkness. Ainz was reminiscing about Ninya never getting to see the Frost Dragons.
Aug 9, 2022 12:25 PM
May 2021
This episode very good. waiting next fighting episode
Aug 9, 2022 12:37 PM

Nov 2017
i love politica! LEGENDARYI EPISODE I LOVED IT!!!
Aug 9, 2022 12:37 PM

May 2021
Seems like a somewhat major battle is incoming, even though 50 is far below 100. Surprised Ainz didn't come to the conclusion that they could have fallen down the chasm; maybe it's to show how much he hopes to meet an actual player in this new world.

Aug 9, 2022 12:42 PM
May 2019
It was good, dragged a bit in the middle but still enjoyed it
Aug 9, 2022 1:29 PM
Jul 2020
It felt like, not much has happened in this episode. Too much pointless talking for my taste.
Aug 9, 2022 1:35 PM

Jul 2022
it ended too fast, felt like 5mins :(
can't wait for dragon fight aaaaaaaaa
Aug 9, 2022 2:19 PM
Jun 2019
A pretty great episode imo, even though nothing of significance happened. This episode basically just a setup-ish.

I'm pretty hyped for the next episode; it'll be interesting to see how Ainz deals with the Frost Dragon since Shalltear and Aura's missions are pretty much guaranteed unless there's super being hiding in that city.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 9, 2022 2:21 PM

May 2018
Ains really does have a powerful voice. Sasuga!
Aug 9, 2022 2:26 PM

Jun 2016
Great episode! I can't wait for the next one!
Aug 9, 2022 2:56 PM

Feb 2011
I love how OP the MC is but he's always so overly cautious. Good episode, can't wait for the next, hope it's a slaughter

I think Aura was going to tell Ains that they didn't smell the death knights on that side of the bridge.. which would've meant Ains wouldn't need to be so on guard.

I hate how quick these episodes feel! They just fly by! Y_Y

Aug 9, 2022 3:13 PM
May 2020
gotta feel for gonda, he nation basically gave up on life lifestyle and an important part of dwarf culture. but our sorcerer supreme knows the great power of runesmithing
Aug 9, 2022 3:14 PM

Jun 2014
EP7 gonna be great it seems. Its just great that ains goes to retake capital with only 2 comrades. GIGACHAD.

Recommended --> Bleach/Claymore/Overlord/Death Note/Steins Gate
Aug 9, 2022 3:19 PM
Jun 2017
Was really good to see, that something is going on and that Deat Knight can go down :D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2022

488 by BlackSummoner826 »»
May 30, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

244 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2022

295 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

321 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2022

271 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 3:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.