Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2022 7:45 AM
Jun 2022
I'm from India here still arrange marriage is very too common (99.97% is arranged , and the bride and groom will is not respected tbh ) and just like shoto's mom poured hot water on his face my mom tried to stab me and choke me multiple times and i don't really get it why he hates endeavor for that , she is having mental breakdown , and i get it she married via arrangement but see even india and todoroki family both consider one thing power over emotions , even here all Indians ( except 1% minor niche who marries for love ) marry within family to retain wealth and communication .., why endeavor getting all hate , while he wanted his kids to be stronger ... just like a indian parent who wants their wealth retained within family and relatives to be unforgotten...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 22, 2022 7:45 AM
Jun 2022
Ani-MangaReader said:
I'm from India here still arrange marriage is very too common (99.97% is arranged , and the bride and groom will is not respected tbh ) and just like shoto's mom poured hot water on his face my mom tried to stab me and choke me multiple times and i don't really get it why he hates endeavor for that , she is having mental breakdown , and i get it she married via arrangement but see even india and todoroki family both consider one thing power over emotions , even here all Indians ( except 1% minor niche who marries for love ) marry within family to retain wealth and communication .., why endeavor getting all hate , while he wanted his kids to be stronger ... just like a indian parent who wants their wealth retained within family and relatives to be unforgotten...
i mean i don't hate my father for marrying his 2nd cousin ( my mom ) , he did it because of his parent's will and to retain his grandparent's wealth ... why i love my father meanwhile shoto todoroki father gets hate from him meanwhile they did the same
Jul 22, 2022 8:54 AM
Oct 2020
It sucks you had to go through that with your mom. I hope things get better for you!

Endeavor arranged the marriage himself in a form of eugenics. He was seeking to create a child with the perfect quirk that balances his quirk. His fire makes him overheat so her ice perfectly balances that. He used his power and influence as one of the top heroes to force todorokis mom to marry him, simply because he wanted to create a child with the “perfect quirk” which is fucked up. Eugenics is unethical in the MyHero world just like it is in ours.
Jul 22, 2022 8:55 AM
Nov 2020
Shoto does not hate him because their marriage was arranged. He hates him because endeavor abused him and his mother.
Jul 22, 2022 8:56 AM
Sep 2021
Doesn't he hate his Dad because of how he abused the shit out of himself to be lesser extent but mainly abused his mom to the point that she broke down psychologically and associated Shotos face with endeavor and took it out on him when she just couldn't take it anymore? Not to mention his obsession with making Shoto his prodigy and the future number 1 hero and forcing his obsessed dream on his son. But I think the main reason is the way he treats his mom.

Jul 22, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2021
I didn't actually understand properly what you are trying to say but as per the MHA anime,
Shoto todoroki HATES endeavor because he thinks that endeavor is RESPONSIBLE for shotos moms breakdown and mental problem/illness.
Jul 22, 2022 8:57 AM
Jun 2022
j
sagedevault said:
Doesn't he hate his Dad because of how he abused the shit out of himself to be lesser extent but mainly abused his mom to the point that she broke down psychologically and associated Shotos face with endeavor and took it out on him when she just couldn't take it anymore? Not to mention his obsession with making Shoto his prodigy and the future number 1 hero and forcing his obsessed dream on his son. But I think the main reason is the way he treats his mom.
ust google how asian and indian moms are treated , it is same as shoto and rei todoroki.., but not all hate their dads, endeavor needs justice ...
Jul 22, 2022 8:58 AM
Apr 2021
Shoto actually hates his father for being abusive. Haven't heard anything about him hating Endeavor because of marrying Rei.
Jul 22, 2022 8:59 AM
Jan 2022
To all the reasons stated above I could add one more but it would be a spoiler and since your user name says anti manga reader I dont know if I should spoil it for you.
Jul 22, 2022 9:00 AM
Jun 2022
Expandingdomains said:
Shoto actually hates his father for being abusive. Haven't heard anything about him hating Endeavor because of marrying Rei.
yes but why...? even my mom got forcefully married to my dad his 2nd cousin, for money and family relations and as a typical asian parents , my parents also made me study harsher ... but i love my father... because he wanted me to be a best person
Jul 22, 2022 9:01 AM
Sep 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
j
sagedevault said:
ust google how asian and indian moms are treated , it is same as shoto and rei todoroki.., but not all hate their dads, endeavor needs justice ...

Bruh he doesn't hate him for marrying her he hates him for ABUSING the shit out of her. Quit trying to normalize abuse. Just cause certain countries treat women like shit doesn't mean it's okay lol those countries shouldn't be doing that either.

Apr 2016
His father actions what broke his mother he abused her and neglected his siblings
Jun 2022
BokutosBraincell said:
To all the reasons stated above I could add one more but it would be a spoiler and since your user name says anti manga reader I dont know if I should spoil it for you.
, if youre a spoiled brat and ran away its your fault,,,
Jul 22, 2022 9:02 AM
Jun 2022
Nubar_Rabadi said:
His father actions what broke his mother he abused her and neglected his siblings
same here,and same for majority indians and asians , my point is i dont hate my dad , why is he....?
Jul 22, 2022 9:02 AM
Sep 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
Expandingdomains said:
yes but why...? even my mom got forcefully married to my dad his 2nd cousin, for money and family relations and as a typical asian parents , my parents also made me study harsher ... but i love my father... because he wanted me to be a best person

None of that is abuse

Jul 22, 2022 9:03 AM
Jun 2022
sagedevault said:
Ani-MangaReader said:
j

Bruh he doesn't hate him for marrying her he hates him for ABUSING the shit out of her. Quit trying to normalize abuse. Just cause certain countries treat women like shit doesn't mean it's okay lol those countries shouldn't be doing that either.
they said getting forcefully married and his first child running away caused her to became unstable , not abusing and in case of shoto training is not abuse
Jul 22, 2022 9:07 AM
Jan 2022
Ani-MangaReader said:
BokutosBraincell said:
it is about Toya but I wont say he is a spoiled brat… I mean he just wanted to have a higher status and be the perfect child for his father just like any other Indian kid trying to be the perfect kid cause “log kya kahenge” and lets not forget Endevour pressuring him to be perfect until shoto came along to be his next target. I mean if Endevour told his kids to follow his dreams in a healthy way it would have been a whole other story
Jul 22, 2022 9:10 AM
Jun 2022
BokutosBraincell said:
Ani-MangaReader said:
it is about Toya but I wont say he is a spoiled brat… I mean he just wanted to have a higher status and be the perfect child for his father just like any other Indian kid trying to be the perfect kid cause “log kya kahenge” and lets not forget Endevour pressuring him to be perfect until shoto came along to be his next target. I mean if Endevour told his kids to follow his dreams in a healthy way it would have been a whole other story
i mean i father spanked the hell outta me everyday , even if i scored great, just like a typical indian dad.... he wanted me to be perfect..., same as endeavour,,,,, but poor endeavor gets the hate...., youre a fellow indian right you know how our parents spank the hell out and force us to join the coaching class during public exams and etc.... yet we love our parents right..., but why shoto doesnt like enji todoroki a poor soul
Jul 22, 2022 9:14 AM
Jan 2022
Ani-MangaReader said:
BokutosBraincell said:
i mean i father spanked the hell outta me everyday , even if i scored great, just like a typical indian dad.... he wanted me to be perfect..., same as endeavour,,,,, but poor endeavor gets the hate...., youre a fellow indian right you know how our parents spank the hell out and force us to join the coaching class during public exams and etc.... yet we love our parents right..., but why shoto doesnt like enji todoroki a poor soul
I completely understand how our parents behave with us but none of our siblings die because of the pressure our parents create. Yes I know there have been cases where siblings were lost but not all the time also if I lost a sibling like shoto due to my parents I would have definitely hated them. Touch wood I havent and I dont wanna. But try seeing through shotos view like losing a sibling is wrecking and yet Endevour kept pressuring him to be perfect and ignoring the fact he lost a kid. If he would have just acknowledged his own pain and saw how his family was getting wrecked apart cause of his behaviour maybe shoto wouldn’t have hated him this much.
Jul 22, 2022 9:17 AM
Jun 2022
BokutosBraincell said:
Ani-MangaReader said:
I completely understand how our parents behave with us but none of our siblings die because of the pressure our parents create. Yes I know there have been cases where siblings were lost but not all the time also if I lost a sibling like shoto due to my parents I would have definitely hated them. Touch wood I havent and I dont wanna. But try seeing through shotos view like losing a sibling is wrecking and yet Endevour kept pressuring him to be perfect and ignoring the fact he lost a kid. If he would have just acknowledged his own pain and saw how his family was getting wrecked apart cause of his behaviour maybe shoto wouldn’t have hated him this much.
or think like it, he want shoto to be strong, so that he wont die, in one scene with fight with nomu endeavour clearly mentions , his quirk is weak compare to shoto and he trained him to be strong and his ice quirk is the reason he will surpass him..., he made himself as a villian so that his child will be a good hero before public..., just like typical asian/indian parents
Jul 22, 2022 9:23 AM
Jan 2022
Ani-MangaReader said:
BokutosBraincell said:
or think like it, he want shoto to be strong, so that he wont die, in one scene with fight with nomu endeavour clearly mentions , his quirk is weak compare to shoto and he trained him to be strong and his ice quirk is the reason he will surpass him..., he made himself as a villian so that his child will be a good hero before public..., just like typical asian/indian parents
I agree to this yes he wanted Shoto to be strong but as I said if only Endevour acknowledged his own feelings in this process his family wouldn’t have been broken his kid would have been alive and stuff and shoto wouldnt have hated his dad… If only Endevour could understand his own feelings. Like I am sure even if your father used to hit you he would have felt bad about it and told you that he does not like hitting you or something but that was not the case with Endevour… so if only he acknowledged how he felt and what was going on in his head things would have been different
Jul 22, 2022 9:26 AM
Jun 2022
BokutosBraincell said:
Ani-MangaReader said:
I agree to this yes he wanted Shoto to be strong but as I said if only Endevour acknowledged his own feelings in this process his family wouldn’t have been broken his kid would have been alive and stuff and shoto wouldnt have hated his dad… If only Endevour could understand his own feelings. Like I am sure even if your father used to hit you he would have felt bad about it and told you that he does not like hitting you or something but that was not the case with Endevour… so if only he acknowledged how he felt and what was going on in his head things would have been different
dude... after he discharged from hospital , he acknowledged his feelings , also he visited his wife at hospital regularly and giving flowers which she likes...., he is a good dad ..., inside but a evil one outside
Jul 22, 2022 9:32 AM
Jan 2022
Ani-MangaReader said:
BokutosBraincell said:
dude... after he discharged from hospital , he acknowledged his feelings , also he visited his wife at hospital regularly and giving flowers which she likes...., he is a good dad ..., inside but a evil one outside
. Yeah and thats when most of the fans stopped hating him a bit shoto also stopped hating him after that… if you see the hate on memes and stuff its mostly on the part that has not yet been animated
Jul 22, 2022 9:33 AM
Jun 2022
BokutosBraincell said:
Ani-MangaReader said:
. Yeah and thats when most of the fans stopped hating him a bit shoto also stopped hating him after that… if you see the hate on memes and stuff its mostly on the part that has not yet been animated
but from Indian POV he is a great dad TBH
Jul 22, 2022 9:37 AM
Jan 2022
Ani-MangaReader said:
BokutosBraincell said:
but from Indian POV he is a great dad TBH

Ehmm 😂 No comments on this 😂
Jul 22, 2022 9:44 AM
Jul 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:

Just because it is common in India (I’m Indian too) doesnt mean it is okay. Its still frowned upon by society
Jul 22, 2022 9:47 AM
Nov 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:

he hates his dad cuz he abused them thats it really
Jul 22, 2022 9:48 AM
Nov 2021
Let me make this clear shoto doesn't hate him for marrying his mother, he hates him cause he thinks that because of his father's constant abuse towards his mother is what drove her to spill that hot water on shoto since his eyes reminded her of endeavour and because of that she ended up in mental hospital or something like that....
Jul 22, 2022 9:49 AM
Jun 2022
Palash123 said:
Let me make this clear shoto doesn't hate him for marrying his mother, he hates him cause he thinks that because of his father's constant abuse towards his mother is what drove her to spill that hot water on shoto since his eyes reminded her of endeavour and because of that she ended up in mental hospital or something like that....
oh his POV that is abuse ..., in his KID POV..., from a matured man POV he wants his kid to survive while fighting villians, since villians wont cuddle while fighting...
Jul 22, 2022 9:51 AM
Jun 2022
Palash123 said:
his mom became unstable because her first kid .., who became a villan and ran away from home..., tobi/toya.... the blue flame guy......not because of endeavor.., he visited her in hospital everyday ....
Jul 22, 2022 9:52 AM
Jan 2019
Very brave of you to share something so personal. Thank you for that.

I'd say that shoto was and still is young. He doesn't see his mom as being in the wrong, cause from what we can see in the anime atleast his mom is the one he's closer to. She like offers shoto emotional support when his dad is pushing him hard to be strong cause endeavour literally has his own agenda he strongly enforces on his family and that's where the problem starts. His hero name is "endeavour" and that is metaphorical (Google the definition)

Yes his mother hurt him, but note his mother was basically bought so that endeavour could have children with strong quirks for his endeavour.

And so it does all come back to him, shotos hate or resentment is just cause endeavour is aggressively pushing his agenda for having a successor stronger than almight and that alone is alot of pressure for anyone. Hes traumatising his family and stressing them out. Aside from the arranged marriage, endeavour isn't a loving family man.

Shoto was 5 years old and endeavour was training the living shit out of him. There was a scene where we was vomiting cause of how harsh the training was.
Jul 22, 2022 9:55 AM
Nov 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
Palash123 said:
oh his POV that is abuse ..., in his KID POV..., from a matured man POV he wants his kid to survive while fighting villians, since villians wont cuddle while fighting...

That's what am saying that everyone is seeing through shoto's POV, we didn't got to see much of endeavour's POV since all his children still blame him for abuse
Jul 22, 2022 9:56 AM
Jan 2019
He doesn't want strong kids perse. Endeavour wants a successor that rivals almight. Someone from his side to be take the title of number one hero. He's not a doting parent. Endeavour isn't the parent you are imagining him to be. He's an aggressive man who's ego is stupid big that he cant see past it and what he wants
Jul 22, 2022 9:56 AM
Jun 2022
Palash123 said:
Ani-MangaReader said:

That's what am saying that everyone is seeing through shoto's POV, we didn't got to see much of endeavour's POV since all his children still blame him for abuse
during fight with nomu, conversation with hawk, rei's hospital talk about shiji ( endeavor ) tellls more from endeavor's pov
Jul 22, 2022 9:57 AM
Nov 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
Palash123 said:

and you just can't give excuse like making him stronger for fighting villain since he himself told shoto to surpass all might which was his dream that he couldn't achieve by forcefully making him train like hell...
Jul 22, 2022 9:59 AM
Nov 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
Palash123 said:

during fight with nomu, conversation with hawk, rei's hospital talk about shiji ( endeavor ) tellls more from endeavor's pov

You do realise that the hate for endeavour declined way too much after that fight and in season 5 since that was the purpose of the arcs that he was trying to redeem himself since he knew what he did was wrong
Jul 22, 2022 9:59 AM
Jun 2022
Palash123 said:
Ani-MangaReader said:

and you just can't give excuse like making him stronger for fighting villain since he himself told shoto to surpass all might which was his dream that he couldn't achieve by forcefully making him train like hell...
alll parents wants their kid to succeed .., All might his number 1 , endeavor wants shoto be number 1 , just by saying number 1 doesnt make you number 1 , it needs harsh training and requirements... as a dad he made himself a villian before other eyes so that his kid might be seen as no.1 before others... he is a sacrificial dad
Jul 22, 2022 10:01 AM
Jun 2022
Palash123 said:
Ani-MangaReader said:

You do realise that the hate for endeavour declined way too much after that fight and in season 5 since that was the purpose of the arcs that he was trying to redeem himself since he knew what he did was wrong
yes, but wrong as a teaching in harsh manner..., wrong as a father..., but not as a mentor or a teacher.., while tanjiro ass whooped by urukodaki all saying great.., but if same happens to shoto , you hypocrites awww him
Jul 22, 2022 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
I like how this whole thread is just an alleged Indian dude justifying and rationalizing a status quo of normalized abuse and defending abusers. Shit fam this is maybe one of the most inadvertently depressing thing I’ve read on here.
Jul 22, 2022 10:04 AM
Jun 2022
x1drownd said:
I like how this whole thread is just an alleged Indian dude justifying and rationalizing a status quo of normalized abuse and defending abusers. Shit fam this is maybe one of the most inadvertently depressing thing I’ve read on here.
dude.., see in the world of MHA.., villains won’t cuddle you while fighting .., it will be harsh.. see how todoroki fought against hero killer and later on.., all because of harsh training.., if he grown like a spoiled western brat.., he might have died at age 3-4 itself because he is a son of famous hero
Jul 22, 2022 10:07 AM
Nov 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
Palash123 said:

yes, but wrong as a teaching in harsh manner..., wrong as a father..., but not as a mentor or a teacher.., while tanjiro ass whooped by urukodaki all saying great.., but if same happens to shoto , you hypocrites awww him

tf you mean hypocrites.... You do realise that in demon slayer tanjiro had to become demon slayer not just for himself but for saving his sister from demons as well as defending her from demon slayers too and also his family was literally annihilated so he didn't have much choice did he, so rather than blaming urokodoki he thanked him for training since he was the one who went to him for training and on the other hand I don't think there were any problems on shoto's side before his father started his hellish training....
Jul 22, 2022 10:08 AM
Jun 2022
Palash123 said:
Ani-MangaReader said:

tf you mean hypocrites.... You do realise that in demon slayer tanjiro had to become demon slayer not just for himself but for saving his sister from demons as well as defending her from demon slayers too and also his family was literally annihilated so he didn't have much choice did he, so rather than blaming urokodoki he thanked him for training since he was the one who went to him for training and on the other hand I don't think there were any problems on shoto's side before his father started his hellish training....
im sorry mha villains will cuddle you instead of fighting and do babysitting jobs for famous hero kids,
Jul 22, 2022 10:11 AM
Nov 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
Palash123 said:

im sorry mha villains will cuddle you instead of fighting and do babysitting jobs for famous hero kids,

oo sorry I thought they had annihilated his other kids whom he thought weren't qualified for his training since they were weak
Jul 22, 2022 10:12 AM
Jun 2022
Palash123 said:
Ani-MangaReader said:

oo sorry I thought they had annihilated his other kids whom he thought weren't qualified for his training since they were weak
yeah.., now did he became stronger ..? Yes he is
Jul 22, 2022 10:16 AM
Jun 2022
Palash123 said:
Ani-MangaReader said:

his 2nd elder brother and sis were protected by him....,
Jul 22, 2022 10:19 AM
Nov 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
Palash123 said:

that's what am trying to say idiot that we got to know much more of endeavour in season 5 until then people just thought of him as madman who just wanted to surpass all might but he failed so now he forced his dream upon his son shoto
Jul 22, 2022 10:23 AM
Nov 2021
Ani-MangaReader said:
Palash123 said:

So u telling me that he tried to train only 1 of his kid since he had power that endeavour wanted in his child. And he also thought that since his other two children were weaker than shoto he will protect them ALL THE TIME as a father and NO. 2 (now no.1) hero rather than training them since according to you villains won't just babysit hero's children
Jul 22, 2022 10:56 AM

Jul 2020
Bro?? Did you just watch the Anime with your eyes close or something? Did you miss the part where he was so abusive to Shoto and literally ignored his other kids? I seriously don't get you.
x1drownd said:

Seriously, I feel sorry for him to not having the ability to understand such a simple story.
MK17_2 said:
He doesn't want strong kids perse. Endeavour wants a successor that rivals almight. Someone from his side to be take the title of number one hero. He's not a doting parent. Endeavour isn't the parent you are imagining him to be. He's an aggressive man who's ego is stupid big that he cant see past it and what he wants

You didn't watch Season 4, 5 and didn't read the Manga did you?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 22, 2022 11:05 AM
Jun 2021
what? even i know it’s because he abused her. that’s all
Jul 22, 2022 11:06 AM
May 2021
shoto hated his father because he abused his mother that she had to spend uncountable years in the hospital and because of his father his older brother toya died too. I think you'll also hate your father if something like this happened to you. I'm from India, when my father tried to hit my mother I get furious too.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

278 by Apreggi »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

297 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

217 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

263 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

334 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.