Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2022 4:00 AM

Jul 2017
WOW, HOLY WOW. I'd never thought that BURNOUT SYNDROMES would've a much more elegant, yet powerful version of their memorable Season 1 OP "Good Morning World!", it's most certainly a deeper upgrade and a much richer song rearrangement.

Nice short recap of Season 1 and 2 through a stage play, and everyone is the same as we remember, plus Tsukasa's informants to revive humanity, and the one prominent character at this stage to use the revival fluid on: Ryusui Nanami, who's the son of a former conglomerate. This special covering Chapters 83 to 89 of the manga.

Ryusui Nanami is the character to look out for in this special, you can always trust a sailor's instincts. Building the boat to get more resources from oil, and if there is anything to talk about with this sailor, it's negotiation skills and currency in the form of drago to win him over. Senku's science to buy oil from Ryusui, and the discovery of new lands similar to Japan 3700 years into the future with Mount Fuji and the Niagara Falls derivative.

The next step: a map, and that leads to a hot-air balloon, using hemp to create cloth, and the adage of "money is the root of all evil" definitely applies to even ancient civilizations. The problem: the need of a CRAP TON of it, and Yuzuriha is at the forefront being the craftswoman of need at the right time. Man-made machines like the loom are the only way to make cloth faster, but whatever the results hems worth, while Senku is at the lead, Gen is the same deceptive mastermind to rile up efforts (that's always amusement to watch).

Senku's own department store with the improvised "fashion show", what a smart idea to earn more drago, because more greed is better to earn more money for a side job. The hot-air balloon's completion that can only take 3 people, Senku is definitely one of the 3, and for Ryusui to be onboard for free, it's Gen to the magic trick once again and Senku to fill in the gaps for more funds. The other person though, it's Chrome whom races all the way from Ishigami Village to their location, and against all odds, draws the lucky chance.

Time for the air expedition which showcases the world at large, but being in the air, they're susceptible to bird strikes, the wind's uncertain direction, and most certainly, the weather, the destination: Ishigami Village (which takes 2 days by walk and 2 hours by air), it makes Chrome's foot efforts futile lols. Chrome vs. Ryusui's idiotic fight for land and air supremacy, takes a turn when they face thunderstorms and cumulonimbus. The solution: the very last of the revival fluid to get out of their situation, a fuel ignition that's as destructive and pumps out power. With that, the trio managed to reach Ishigami Village, and Senku amidst almost getting blasted out of the hot-air balloon, overcame all odds.

May we see the world at large with Season 3 (Dr. Stone: New World) coming Spring 2023!

Season 1 1st Cour (New) Special Re-arranged OP:

Season 3 Release PV:
KANLen09Jul 10, 2022 8:02 AM
Jul 10, 2022 4:30 AM

Apr 2020
Pretty good entry to the new season. 7/10
Stone age One Piece.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 10, 2022 4:42 AM

Apr 2016
I almost forgot how everyone whos revived from the stone is ripped as fuck. And also almost forgot that whenever our gang needs an expert in a certain field .. they are all conveniently located in Japan, and barely a hand away.

Also, i love how in this special episode they invented the most important human ressource there is ... vanity.
SwagernatorJul 10, 2022 5:07 AM
Jul 10, 2022 4:44 AM

Feb 2020
Solid stuff. I can't wait for the third season!
Jul 10, 2022 5:36 AM
Sep 2015
This deserved to be shown in cinema, I hate a "theatrical release" of TV anime as much as everyone, but I believe Dr. Stone is the most important anime in a pandemic era. It's not the best, it's not the most fun, or has the deepest philosophy, but in a time when a trust in science matters, and in a time when people begin to lose a trust in science, Dr. Stone serves as a reminder on how we get here, even if the science act is hard to pull off in practical sense.

Now for the main guy of this special, Ryusui. I usually hate a billionaire character type like him, but since the civilization collapse, his family asset is all gone, and his attempt to create a monopoly can be easily destroyed by Senku and Gen. I begin to see his plus side, and I'm not even talking about his muscle when he's naked, which is a really BIG plus side to me LOL.

If this is 30 minutes longer (which will fit a theatrical release criteria) it could have feature more information, like how hot air can make a balloon fly, I can't believe they skip an important section about this. And they could feature a scene where Chrome see a sky again once it's fly past a thunder cloud, it'd be very high, almost a space-view which would be even more beautiful, Chrome reaction is the best and I kinda expect more if they have more time. I don't know if the manga has this scene or not but it's not rare to create a new scene in an animated version.

I already miss Senku's boyfriend Tsukasa, Chrome will be very busy with his match Ryusui, that'd make Senku a little bit lonely, no? Next year can't come fast enough, I'm gonna survive through the apocalypse just to see a season 3.
Jul 10, 2022 5:38 AM

Feb 2021
Holy shit, gotta love the way the anime adapts the manga. in a way that's much better than the original material.
Jul 10, 2022 5:45 AM

Apr 2018
A small bit of recap of the first and season season. But aside from that, it's new stuff. Time to make a boat and set sail. And the hot-air balloon was pretty amazing. A bunch of nice concepts in an one hour episode. Also the opening is a bit different, read it on twitter. Can't wait for season 3

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 10, 2022 6:08 AM
Oct 2021
I can't wait till we see Francois one of my favorite characters and so pumped for season 3 now after watching this
Jul 10, 2022 6:39 AM
Dec 2020
absolutely loved every second of it, it got me so hyped for S3. Still wondering where Tsukasa is..
Jul 10, 2022 6:42 AM

Jun 2021
You need to watch this before s3

So for anyone who is confused. This is a special ep bridging s2 and s3(will air spring 2023).tho MAL said it's original, they are just adapting the manga lmao.

(Just my speculation) Season 3 will adapt arc 3 but it wont fit into a 1 cour season. So they split the introductory part(which is before the ship is finished) of the arc and make it into this special ep so season 3 can adapt arc 3 in 1 cour. (Why did I even bother explaining something so obvious tho? Feel like an idiot)

Anyway, heck yeah my fav shonen all of time is (kinda) back. Finally man, finally we will meet the best character of the series, ryusui nanami. I like his voice fr, so commanding and brimming with confidence which totally fits his character.

Kaseki in that suit bro. Hide your wife/gf.

Damn chrome that first flight scene, Im always impressed how this series can easily make me cry with it's moments. The context of the scene, the theme it's presenting, the message it's conveying, they are just so powerful I can't help but cry multiple times even tho this isn't a tearjerker. Props.

Damn son. They went all out animating that storm huh. It looks gorgeous

Thankfully chrome got to ride the balloon otherwise he gonna become a flat earther.

I can't wait till season 3 start. Hype as hell.
Silent_Shadow05Jul 10, 2022 6:49 AM
Jul 10, 2022 6:46 AM

May 2020
We started with nitric acids and now they planning to make a ship to travel across the world... boys came a long way. With Ryuusui joining the group things will get even more exciting from here on.

Hype for third season now.
Jul 10, 2022 6:48 AM

May 2021
-Flaky- said:
absolutely loved every second of it, it got me so hyped for S3. Still wondering where Tsukasa is..

Well at the end of Season 2 Senku put Tsukasa in Cyrosleep because of the injury he took from Hyoga.

Thank you for the present, Santa Snowman 2

Jul 10, 2022 6:49 AM
Dec 2020
TheDeadmanII said:
-Flaky- said:

Well at the end of Season 2 Senku put Tsukasa in Cyrosleep because of the injury he took from Hyoga.

OH i completely forgot about that thanks
Jul 10, 2022 6:50 AM

Sep 2021
This was an insane special episode. The re-arranged OP was as good as the first season one. And now im hype as hell
Jul 10, 2022 7:09 AM

Oct 2014
I liked this 1 hour special, was not expecting them to create a currency lol.

Excited for season 3.
Jul 10, 2022 7:10 AM

Jul 2021
Just going to say it's a very nice recap episode. Hype for Season 3, I'm excited for what will the 2023 standouts will have to offer and this is one of them.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 10, 2022 7:24 AM

Jan 2017
I missed Senku so much, now I'm properly hyped AF for the S03 and Dr One Stone Piece!
Jul 10, 2022 7:27 AM

Jan 2018
Once a businessman, always a businessman. That is Ryuusui. My man brought back currency and established his own conglomerate.

Cannot wait for more of his adventures!
Jul 10, 2022 7:31 AM

Oct 2017
I trained to snap my fingers like Ryuusui for so many years for this moment. I got goosebumps when his statue broke.
Amazing episode.
Jul 10, 2022 7:41 AM
Jul 2022
Well only one thing to say about it, It Was Exhilarating like Hell....
Jul 10, 2022 7:44 AM

May 2017
My boy Ryusui is finally here. I can't wait for season 3 to see more of him.
Jul 10, 2022 7:49 AM
Oct 2016
An awesome new addition to the Dr Stone franchise. A completely new story on this tv special to bridge the gap between season two and season three. Introducing Ryuusei whom is very important in the arc that begins season three. Ryuusei is certainly an extravagant character in a cast full of extravagant characters. His obsession with wealth, power and control over the world is hilarious to see. Most characters in this show are over the top but Ryuusei tops them in some ways with printing his own currency immediately after being awoken.

Since no one owns the world anymore Ryuusei will take ownership! Its all his to acquire by conquest or by purchase! It was fun seeing all the crazy characters Dr Stone has to offer trying to figure out Ryuusei deal. They haven't seen anyone quite like him barging in trying to buy everything. Leading both Gen and Senku to realize not only do they need him as a captain for their voyage but also Ryuusei can provide funds for their future projects. Convincing everyone to adopt his form of currency so they can use to basically extort Ryuusei into helping them using his own money. Trying to find that oil field and use Ryuusei currency to buy it from him using the money they had just gotten from him. Its genius truly Gen and Senku thinking of everything to stay one step ahead of even someone like Ryuusei.

Unlocking air travel is a great feat as well. Making that big hot air balloon from hemp paper is a very good idea. Being able to get that birds eye view to make a new map after thousands of years and some volcanic eruptions have massively changed the previous landscape. Ryuusei provides many new accomplishments to our science team, being able to command the seas and skies will provide massive benefits once the ship is fully built and they venture to find the source of the petrification light. Ryuusei is an awesome addition to this already great cast. It was fun returning briefly to the world of science. Season three next spring will be exhilarating!!!

90/100
Jul 10, 2022 8:19 AM

Nov 2016
Have been looking forward to more Dr. Stone since the manga ended and this special length episode had more of the usual stuff that I love about this series. The acquisition of currency and sewing segment were my favorite parts. Good call to to turn the clothing ads into a full fledged fashion show, lol. I think there were some more changes too, but definitely not many enough to label this as original episode. I guess MAL will rewrite the synopsis before people misunderstand what the content of this episode is about.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2022 8:46 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
A very solid special to get us hyped up for season 3 and what I consider to be peak Dr. Stone from the manga (well, depending on how much it will adapt).

Going from invention to invention one loses track of how much can be done with the tools they have. Yeah, the process might be exaggerated, but it isn't based on pure fiction and that's hooked me on the series way back when. Now we've got currency, clothes, even a flipping hot air balloon, and it only goes "up" from there (heh).

Ryusui is a really good addition to the party, from his greedy mannerisms to the way he overcomes the most difficult situations, fitting right next to Senku. The rest of the characters didn't slouch either. We've got more Chrome, Yuzuriha and Yoh vs Magma moments with a few in-betweens from the rest of the cast.

Scenery is as gorgeous as ever and the new opening with an alternative version from "Good Morning World" really hit me. I've got no complaints regarding presentation aside from a few minor rough drawings on some distance frames, but that's just a nitpick.

What's keeping me from giving this a 10 is the expectation for what's to come. Please, don't disappoint.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 10, 2022 9:15 AM

Sep 2020
This is exhilarating.

Jul 10, 2022 9:36 AM

Mar 2018
I wasn't the biggest fan of S2, but this special has got me so excited for S3! It gives off the same type of wonder and spectacle the first season had for me, really great stuff.

Good Morning (New) World is such a banger, hope they use it for S3.
Jul 10, 2022 9:40 AM
Nov 2021
It's nicely adapted... opening is such a banger Can't wait for s3
Jul 10, 2022 9:43 AM

Jun 2019
Ryuusui is finally Here! I can't wait for Season 3 to adapt the best arc!
The character interractions in Dr Stone is so fun and engaging I can't get enough of it.
Jul 10, 2022 10:03 AM
Jul 2020
That opening feels like it should've been saved for the end of the series, but hey, I shouldn't complain, it was so cool
Jul 10, 2022 10:06 AM
May 2021
This was so good man 🔥🔥🔥. I am now even more hyped up for Season 3
Jul 10, 2022 10:36 AM
Feb 2021
I FREAKING LOVED IT AHHH CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON THREE (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ
Jul 10, 2022 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
Tsukasa should hate Ryusui since he is the embodiment of capitalism and economic inequality because he is one of the elites or rich lol

i was worried Senku will lose his grip in the hot air balloon though but surprisingly Senku has a lot of grip strength

"People are Power" - Senku
Jul 10, 2022 11:28 AM

Dec 2013
It is incredible how nice this show flows, it was 1h yet it basically felt like a regular episode and time flew, I love it when not only science or big things get the spotlight just like how Yuzuriha was paramount for each step of the process for this new adventure, I evne got a bit emotional when Chrome saw the horizon. Super excited for what's next to come.
Jul 10, 2022 12:02 PM
Oct 2020
It was a nice introduction to season 3 and Ryuusui is a nice addition to the cast, can't wait for season 3 next year.
Jul 10, 2022 12:09 PM
Jan 2022
I love how everyone whos been revived has been ridiculously ripped, wish I could look like that ;-;

Looking very forward to Season 3 this was an awesome special and gets me excited for Season 3!
Jul 10, 2022 12:18 PM

Apr 2020
I genuinely hope that money won't play an important role in the next seasons
I don't know how signatures work

Jul 10, 2022 12:21 PM

Apr 2015
What a great special episode. I really liked Ryusui too.
The best thing about this series is still the characters interactions and all the emotional impact moments when they bring something with the science power.

And now we wait again...
Jul 10, 2022 1:18 PM
Jan 2019
Swagernator said:
I almost forgot how everyone whos revived from the stone is ripped as fuck. And also almost forgot that whenever our gang needs an expert in a certain field .. they are all conveniently located in Japan, and barely a hand away.

Also, i love how in this special episode they invented the most important human ressource there is ... vanity.

Actually, there are experts in every field in every country. The thing that is really convenient is that they're able to find them pretty easily, i cant even find a friend when we are in the same college classroom. And also, the journalist girl memory. But you gotta give them credit, if its not for that how would the story develop haha

I absolutely love this series. Now that i'm almost done with college, having studied 6 years of engineering, this series its like an answer to the 12 year old me that kept asking "why high schools make us study chemistry, maths and physics, etc?", i cant help but get chills every episode
NotWenceJul 10, 2022 2:05 PM
Jul 10, 2022 1:24 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Wow, that was the quintessential Dr. Stone episode. It had laughs, scientific inventions, discovery, and adventure. The new version of Good Morning World was a surprise to be sure, but a very welcome one!

The balloon was awesome, and the hijinks they pulled using the currency were hilarious. But Yuzuriha was the MVP of the episode for sure, it was nice that she got a spotlight.

Ryusui is a great addition to the cast, he's got that same greedy and conniving personality that Senku and Gen have too.

Overall, this has me really excited for the third season next Spring!
Jul 10, 2022 1:32 PM
Apr 2020
lol they actually took flight and landed safely..
Jul 10, 2022 2:06 PM

Feb 2012
Can't wait for season 3

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2015
Silent_Shadow05 said:
(Just my speculation) Season 3 will adapt arc 3 but it wont fit into a 1 cour season. So they split the introductory part(which is before the ship is finished) of the arc and make it into this special ep so season 3 can adapt arc 3 in 1 cour. (Why did I even bother explaining something so obvious tho? Feel like an idiot)

I'm going to spoiler tag this because I'm giving chapter counts, but I don't talk at all about the story in case some anime-only wants to read it.
Jul 10, 2022 2:55 PM

Oct 2020
Ok I REALLY like this special!!

It adapted the manga perfectly, and has me super excited for season 3. It basically did everything it was supposed to and then some! I loved the animation of the clouds in the storm as well.

Oh and the new version of Good Morning World is great too!

10/10
Yes...I ate 5 slices of pizza...those mozzarella sticks were good too...Yes, I'm lactose intolerant, what about it??
Jul 10, 2022 5:01 PM

Aug 2020
1 billion % exhilarating!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 10, 2022 6:32 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wait, this was a 50-minute episode, not a 20-minute episode? What??!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 10, 2022 10:34 PM

Sep 2018
8.41 score, wtf? Burst out laughing when I saw that. This special was par for the course with the series, solid 7/10, not a fan of this new clown.
Jul 10, 2022 10:48 PM

Dec 2020
this was literally so good what 😭😭 watched it with my brother who hasnt seen the previous seasons and we both loved it. cant wait for s3.. oh and that opening was banging 😭

(40:30 personal timestamp lol)
subahokkeMay 14, 2023 8:14 PM
Jul 10, 2022 10:55 PM

Jan 2021
It was always funny to see Senku and Gen come up with the most diabolical ideas, and it was no different here. I laughed almost every time they slowly brought the corrupt business men back into the world.

It'll be interesting to see how they tackle traveling to the other side of the world, especially with someone like Ryuusei. Honestly, while he doesn't seem to have the strength of Tsukasa, I could see Ryuusei becoming a potential threat, especially since he believes everything exists for him. I guess we'll see how it goes next year, though I can hardly wait that long.

I also forgot how adorable Suika is

Jul 10, 2022 10:57 PM

Jan 2021
El-Melloi said:
Silent_Shadow05 said:

I'm going to spoiler tag this because I'm giving chapter counts, but I don't talk at all about the story in case some anime-only wants to read it.
I'd love a 20 episode season of this

Jul 11, 2022 12:08 AM
May 2013
You wake up one (1) ancap and your society is ruined instantly
Tsukasa is turning in his freezer

I like that this show has ideological representation, with Tsukasa being sort of an Anarchist/Primitivist, and Ryuusi being a capitalist and son of a billionaire. It's just a shame that the author isn't that self critical about the restoration of modernity. Tsukasa feared weapons of mass destruction and those are coming back eventually now that his plans have been ruined. Tsukasa also supported common ownership, that beach scene from the first episode was really good. Now we have a new "hero" who is already bringing back ownership over public resources, currency, societal inequality and exploitation. Sure, it's all played for laughs with the idiot characters falling for market manipulation, but this lad aims to be your slumlord one day and that's not really a good thing.
I remember people being mad at that new Batman movie because the Riddler was pretty in the right about things before deciding to blow up the city or whatever. I feel kinda the same about Tsukasa, he had some legit points but by being the villain we get to conveniently ignore those and march on to a complete restoration of modernity, instead of maybe trying for something that works better.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Continuity errors?

ST63LTH - Feb 18

9 by dearestclaudio »»
Mar 6, 3:01 PM

» The new guy: Ryuusui - What do you think of him?

Sysny - Jul 11, 2022

27 by SarahxLevi »»
Jan 13, 6:43 PM

» OP "Good Morning [New] World"

deg - Jul 10, 2022

9 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:44 PM

» Is this canon?

StuntMastah - Jun 25, 2022

15 by gyroandhisballs »»
Mar 11, 2023 10:19 AM

» Is it necessary to watch this?

ItzNishant_123 - Nov 2, 2022

27 by ItzNishant_123 »»
Nov 3, 2022 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.