Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2022 2:43 PM

May 2020
Man was this show fun! Maybe I'm just a sucker for zombie stuff but highschool of the dead did an amazing job at creating an over-the-top, gorey, comedic apocalypse series. They very clearly werent trying to be very serious or realistic with it, but instead focused on making the viewing experience exciting. Even the dialogue was really good, with rare cursing thrown in there and some poorly aged, but good jokes too.

I dont care what anyone says, this show is great. Anime is created for the purpose of entertainment, and highschool of the dead does just that
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 3, 2022 2:56 PM
Dec 2021
It was Entertaining, It was my first ever zombie anime(idk if there are other) , Ignoring the ecchi parts, it was totally a top teir anime , and btw i liked the concept of - ZOMBIE ESCAPE , SURVIVAL.....
Jul 3, 2022 3:00 PM

Jan 2009
too bad it will never have a sequel since the manga author died
Jul 3, 2022 3:06 PM
Aug 2021
the anime would be Better without the ecchi and no sense in some scenes
Jul 3, 2022 3:29 PM
Dec 2020
It was one of my first anime. It's not fantastic but it's entertaining, and the animation and gore looked pretty good from what I remember. I like how committed they were to escaping and surviving instead of hunkering down forever.
Jul 3, 2022 3:34 PM
Nov 2021
SuntProstMare said:

the ecchi is what makes the show what it is
Jul 3, 2022 3:39 PM
May 2022
SuntProstMare said:

in your wet dreams. this anime is good for the ecchi
Jul 3, 2022 3:47 PM

Jul 2015
Yea, I can brag that I have watched THE worst anime ever made.
Absolute abomination and I wouldn't be able to find a single redeeming quality even if I would try hard.

Jul 3, 2022 3:49 PM

May 2020
deg said:

to be fair the possibility is still there, the author wanted his brother to finish it, his brother just decided not to. so he still might pick it up, it would only take a couple more chapters to get enough for a 2nd season
Jul 3, 2022 3:50 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
Absolute abomination and I wouldn't be able to find a single redeeming quality even if I would try hard.

what show are you saying is the worst, hotd? if you say that you've never seen real trash
Jul 3, 2022 3:50 PM

May 2020
Piromysl said:

you;ve been able to brag that since hxh came out tho
Jul 3, 2022 3:53 PM

Jul 2015
ptero93 said:
Piromysl said:

what show are you saying is the worst, hotd? if you say that you've never seen real trash

Oh, boi. I've seen a lot of trash, but trash does not essentially equals bad, because show does not need to be ambitious to be palatable.

Here, however author spawned such an abomination, that even expecting people to enjoy it should be considered an insult.

Jul 3, 2022 3:55 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
ptero93 said:

Oh, boi. I've seen a lot of trash, but trash does not essentially equals bad, because show does not need to be ambitious to be palatable.

Here, however author spawned such an abomination, that even expecting people to enjoy it should be considered an insult.
bro what the actual hell are you talking about
Jul 3, 2022 3:56 PM

Jul 2015
ptero93 said:
Piromysl said:

I'm talking about this abomination known as HOTD.

Jul 3, 2022 4:01 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
ptero93 said:

no shite, what possible mindset could you possibly be in in order to think hotd is the worst anime ever? Try and tell me unironically that that this show is worse than school days, master of ragnarok, or even skelter + heaven. Hotd literally at least passes the quality check in every category. It may not have great writing but its not trash either, which automatically disqualifies it from being "the worst anime ever". Now shut the HELL up and eat a cinnamon roll!!!!!!!
Jul 3, 2022 4:05 PM
Jun 2012
meh I gave it a 3/10. weak sauce
Jul 3, 2022 4:05 PM

Jul 2015
ptero93 said:
Piromysl said:

no shite, what possible mindset could you possibly be in in order to think hotd is the worst anime ever? Try and tell me unironically that that this show is worse than school days, master of ragnarok, or even skelter + heaven. Hotd literally at least passes the quality check in every category. It may not have great writing but its not trash either, which automatically disqualifies it from being "the worst anime ever". Now shut the HELL up and eat a cinnamon roll!!!!!!!

School Days tries something new by adapting a route that leads to bad end, Ragnarok tries to tell some sort of story and has it's moment and Skelter Haven works as ironical comedy.

In this abomination there is absolutely nothing remotely enjoyable.
Not a single positive aspect can be found even when nitpicking.

Jul 3, 2022 4:16 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
ptero93 said:

School Days tries something new by adapting a route that leads to bad end, Ragnarok tries to tell some sort of story and has it's moment and Skelter Haven works as ironical comedy.

Trying something new doesn't make it good on its own, it has to be well executed! School days is one of the worst executed anime ive seen from the main character to the cinematography! I cant respond to what you said about ragnarok because you literally didn't even say anything, and are you seriously finna tell me hotd can't be used as ironic comedy? Reading what you said about ragnarok was ironic comedy for me, I genuinely laughed out loud at how pointless that sentence was lmao "tried to tell some kind of story" like yeah good observation bro thumbs up! And as a final note ill just say that just because YOU didn't personally enjoy something doesnt make it "the worst ever" or even bad for that matter. I personally can't stand watching evangelion but I'm not gonna go around saying its bad because of that. Anyway: thanks for the laugh, have a good day lmao
Jul 3, 2022 4:23 PM

Jul 2015
ptero93 said:
Piromysl said:

Trying something new doesn't make it good on its own, it has to be well executed! School days is one of the worst executed anime ive seen from the main character to the cinematography! I cant respond to what you said about ragnarok because you literally didn't even say anything, and are you seriously finna tell me hotd can't be used as ironic comedy? Reading what you said about ragnarok was ironic comedy for me, I genuinely laughed out loud at how pointless that sentence was lmao "tried to tell some kind of story" like yeah good observation bro thumbs up! And as a final note ill just say that just because YOU didn't personally enjoy something doesnt make it "the worst ever" or even bad for that matter. I personally can't stand watching evangelion but I'm not gonna go around saying its bad because of that. Anyway: thanks for the laugh, have a good day lmao

Ragnarok tries to tell story, while HOTD doesn't even try, so it is worse by default, but whatever.

School Days MC is a bad person, thus "bad character" is just wrong. It is a psychological anime, not some random romcom.

HOTD "ironic comedy" revolves around throwing preverbial shit on the wall and seeing what sticks. After an episode of poorly animated boobs jiggling for no reason it gets boring.

Jul 3, 2022 4:33 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
ptero93 said:

Ragnarok tries to tell story, while HOTD doesn't even try, so it is worse by default, but whatever.

School Days MC is a bad person, thus "bad character" is just wrong. It is a psychological anime, not some random romcom.

HOTD "ironic comedy" revolves around throwing preverbial shit on the wall and seeing what sticks. After an episode of poorly animated boobs jiggling for no reason it gets boring.
1. You deadass just said HOTD doesn't try to tell a story. Okay bro. Okay.

2. School days MC is a bad person AND. A bad character, the show even tries (and fails) to make you like him at some points. I also notice how you didn't mention how terrible every other aspect of the show is (aside from the music I guess).

3. Just because YOU don't find HOTD funny (intentionally or otherwise) doesn't mean that someone else can't.

All in all, you're kinda stupid bruh. Like fr. It kinda pisses me off that you seemingly have similar taste to me. But fr, if your just gonna act like 3 garbage shows are better than a show thats like a low 6 at worst, theres no point in continuing this conversation
Jul 3, 2022 4:33 PM
Oct 2020
I'm not really a fan of it. Honestly I think it sucks but I was still entertained so I cant be mad at it.
Jul 3, 2022 4:40 PM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:

You've watched more than 1300 shows dude. Instead of bitchin about a show online you should get a life imo.
Jul 3, 2022 4:40 PM

Jul 2015
ptero93 said:
Piromysl said:

2. School days MC is a bad person AND. A bad character, the show even tries (and fails) to make you like him at some points. I also notice how you didn't mention how terrible every other aspect of the show is (aside from the music I guess).

3. Just because YOU don't find HOTD funny (intentionally or otherwise) doesn't mean that someone else can't.

All in all, you're kinda stupid bruh. Like fr. It kinda pisses me off that you seemingly have similar taste to me. But fr, if your just gonna act like 3 garbage shows are better than a show thats like a low 6 at worst, theres no point in continuing this conversation

1. No. Random shit happening for no reason is hardly a plot.

2. School Days MC has kinda realistic flaws, he himself progresses the plot forward, has his own arc and goes through development. That's an actual writing.
And I don't dare about "other aspects", because it's a low budget adaptation of VN from 2007, so they have an excuse. It is not some sort of high octane action show.

3. If you would find hour long compilation of fart sounds funny, I won't judge.

Jul 3, 2022 4:42 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
ptero93 said:

2. School Days MC has kinda realistic flaws, he himself progresses the plot forward, has his own arc and goes through development. That's an actual writing.
And I don't dare about "other aspects", because it's a low budget adaptation of VN from 2007, so they have an excuse. It is not some sort of high octane action show.

Yup, and you're still pretending the pieces of garbage are better and making dumb excuses. See ya dude. Have a nice life
Jul 3, 2022 4:43 PM

Jul 2020
Always seen this show as just the equivalent of an enjoyable but mediocre popcorn flick. I had a fun time watching it, but it's nothing I look back on fondly.
Jul 3, 2022 4:46 PM

Jul 2015
ptero93 said:
Piromysl said:

Yup, and you're still pretending the pieces of garbage are better and making dumb excuses. See ya dude. Have a nice life

Why exactly are you getting emotional?
I thoroughly explained why those three garbage are still not as dogshit as this 12 episodes of shitposts.

Jul 3, 2022 4:49 PM
Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
ptero93 said:

Why exactly are you getting emotional?
I thoroughly explained why those three garbage are still not as dogshit as this 12 episodes of shitposts.
What emotion do I seem to be expressing? The only emotions I'm feeling right now are humor and a bit of disappointment, since this argument just kinda turned into a stalemate
Jul 3, 2022 4:57 PM

Nov 2019
and the best part is, the English dub is pure meme heaven. watch it sober or drunk, either way it's fucking hilarious and over the top and even though it's so silly you feel some fondness for the show.
Jul 3, 2022 6:01 PM

Oct 2021
maybe?
I found the plot to be absolutely retarded at some point.
watched it all just out of my bad habit. still gave it a bad score.
yes.
Jul 3, 2022 6:04 PM
Aug 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
SuntProstMare said:

Couldn't have said it better.
Jul 3, 2022 6:06 PM
Aug 2021
Piromysl said:
ptero93 said:

You're right. Trash doesn't necessarily mean bad. I've seen some trash shows that were entertaining as hell.
Jul 3, 2022 6:08 PM
Aug 2021
ptero93 said:
Piromysl said:

Why a cinnamon roll? but yes you're right. HOTD can't be the worst anime ever since there's way too many terrible trash out there. To name on Ex-arm or whatever it was called.
Jul 3, 2022 6:10 PM
Jan 2021
Somwhtrational said:
ptero93 said:

Why a cinnamon roll? but yes you're right. HOTD can't be the worst anime ever since there's way too many terrible trash out there. To name on Ex-arm or whatever it was called.
Its a reference to an old video. I just think its funny to tell people to shut the hell up and eat a cinnamon roll, and it does a good job of expressing the lighthearted nature of whatever I'm saying
Jul 3, 2022 6:12 PM
Aug 2021
ptero93 said:
Somwhtrational said:

Its a reference to an old video. I just think its funny to tell people to shut the hell up and eat a cinnamon roll, and it does a good job of expressing the lighthearted nature of whatever I'm saying

It's a hilarious response and I love it. I'll just go ahead and steal it. Thank you very much.
Jul 3, 2022 6:20 PM
Nov 2021
Somwhtrational said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Yeah you're not suppose to take it seriously. I watched a couple episodes of the remake of bastard and people in the comments were ranting about how bad it is and shitting on it. I'm like guys you're not suppose to take it seriously lol this show is clearly suppose to be dumb gory and sexual it's made to be bad but fun.
Jul 3, 2022 6:23 PM
Aug 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Somwhtrational said:

Yeah you're not suppose to take it seriously. I watched a couple episodes of the remake of bastard and people in the comments were ranting about how bad it is and shitting on it. I'm like guys you're not suppose to take it seriously lol this show is clearly suppose to be dumb gory and sexual it's made to be bad but fun.

Exactly. You can easily tell when a show is not made to be serious, and this show is just that. It literally a story filled to the brim with fan service in every single moment of its runtime.
Jul 3, 2022 6:36 PM

Jul 2017
Yikes. Can't believe I'm agreeing with a CickNipolla thread.

Jul 3, 2022 6:45 PM
Aug 2020
It’s fine to just say ur horny
Jul 3, 2022 6:48 PM

May 2020
Attackonfiller said:
Yikes. Can't believe I'm agreeing with a CickNipolla thread.

it can be tough being as popoular as me :(
Jul 3, 2022 7:43 PM
Jun 2022
Wanted more cuz it was really good
Jul 3, 2022 9:09 PM

Dec 2021
deg said:

but there are still plenty of chapters left to adapt.
Jul 4, 2022 12:31 AM
Aug 2015
Any sign of season 2 or is it never happening?
Jul 4, 2022 12:53 AM

May 2021
The legendary boob dodge still gets me to this day
tbh,the fan service is its only quirk,everything else was mediocre.
Jul 4, 2022 1:18 AM

May 2020
KP_SENSEI said:
The legendary boob dodge still gets me to this day
tbh,the fan service is its only quirk,everything else was mediocre.

bro just simplified the monogatari series into a single sentence
Jul 4, 2022 1:22 AM
Jul 2021
CickNipolla said:
Man was this show fun! Maybe I'm just a sucker for zombie stuff but highschool of the dead did an amazing job at creating an over-the-top, gorey, comedic apocalypse series. They very clearly werent trying to be very serious or realistic with it, but instead focused on making the viewing experience exciting. Even the dialogue was really good, with rare cursing thrown in there and some poorly aged, but good jokes too.

I dont care what anyone says, this show is great. Anime is created for the purpose of entertainment, and highschool of the dead does just that

i don’t agree. just watch all of us are dead ik it’s not an anime but if u like zombies that much then that show is one of the best i’ve ever seen
Jul 4, 2022 1:32 AM

May 2020
kyo_1 said:
CickNipolla said:

i don’t agree. just watch all of us are dead ik it’s not an anime but if u like zombies that much then that show is one of the best i’ve ever seen

going to an anime thread and suggesting someone watch a non anime series instead is like being inside a baseball stadium and telling someone baseball sucks and to go watch football lol
Jul 4, 2022 1:33 AM
Jul 2021
CickNipolla said:
kyo_1 said:

going to an anime thread and suggesting someone watch a non anime series instead is like being inside a baseball stadium and telling someone baseball sucks and to go watch football lol
i mean it’s practically a live action and i’m just suggesting it xD
Jul 4, 2022 1:51 AM
Apr 2021
CickNipolla said:

mans is spittin FACTS.
Jul 4, 2022 7:40 AM
Oct 2017
there is a section to write your review in, and this is not said section
Jul 4, 2022 8:51 AM
Apr 2021
I liked the anime and really was starting to enjoy the manga… until the sudden stop then found out the creator passed away years ago 😞 … sad We’ll never get a conclusion to their journey.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is Rei a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi?

JusTFoRTroll - Jul 21, 2014

31 by subhamoy »»
Jun 5, 12:56 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

255 by greed2 »»
May 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

491 by Blaybourne »»
May 20, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.