Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
This show is reaching its climax and looks like Leo is presented as the ultimate threat to the show. Honestly though, he is a complex hero as his goals are a bit out of the ordinary.

And of course, Echidna wants to stop him as she's been with him since the start of this series now.
Jun 14, 2022 7:54 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Leo, yeah as if.
Jun 14, 2022 7:55 AM

Jul 2017
The Demon Lords' 3000-year-old generations-worth kept power that's only good for a one-time usage to defeat the Hero, Echidna certainly felt the pressure to defeat Leo with all her might.

It's more of the bioweapon's backstory to defeat the demons and bring prosperity to humanity, the never-ending humans vs. demons war where Leo can find his purpose to be a Hero, for time millenia passed and his role grew with his Super Growth that the destruction and wasteland became no more and peace settled in. He thought he could save the world by creating his bioweapon clones for humanity's destruction so that he can fulfill his purpose, but that seems too much, for Leo has become the ultimate evil out of spite and selfishness.

That's where this story begins, and as he usually does to quit heroing and defeat evil for someone worthy of his heart: the Philosopher's Stone a.k.a Akashic Engine. This is where Leo crosses paths with the Demon Queen Echidna and her Four Generals to defeat demons, but also the hero inside of him.

And certainly, Echidna understood Leo's proposition for how much he has withstood 3000 years just to have a worthy successor while blaming himself as the hero that couldn't live up to humanity's expectations, awaitng someone to save and accept him for who he is, and the Four Great Generals must do what they're told to do: defeat the Hero.

A resounding near-climax, that I can't wait for what the finale would hold of Leo's predicament.
Jun 14, 2022 8:20 AM
Jun 2021
Too lot flashback 😪
Jun 14, 2022 8:21 AM

Jun 2021
It’s kind of sad when you think about Leo’s situation. Leo has been all alone for 3,000 years. With no one to hear him out when he despairs, that would drive anyone insane. Meanwhile, Echidna has trustworthy companions who are always by her side. That I think is the biggest advantage Echidna has over Leo.
Jun 14, 2022 8:31 AM
Apr 2022
well that definitely made me cry a bit but atleast he can finally die in peace..
Jun 14, 2022 8:44 AM
Nov 2021
It's really been a while since I've seen such a good isekai, but you already know its going to be ripped off next season 😂😂
Jun 14, 2022 8:53 AM

May 2021
Great episode! We got to see more of Leo's past and thoughts. It seems that he was even going to try make an order for one of the demonheart series to try attack humanity so that he could continue to save it.
He was looking for a successor to defend humanity in his stead and came upon Echidna.
It seems his plan was to be killed by Echidna's hero killing spell.
Is he really dead?

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 14, 2022 9:16 AM
Jul 2021
my man almost lost his sanity and soooo close to make plan masacre human.

( i wish that is the plot tho not gona lie ).
Jun 14, 2022 9:25 AM

Feb 2019
One cool sign of how Leo has changed that would be lost on dub viewers is how he goes from using “watashi” to using “ore” nice little tidbit.

Episode was solid. Flashbacks really drove home how alone Leo has been for the past 3000 years, even going as far as trying to rebuild the hero series to destroy humanity.. but no way Leo is gone. Wonder how they’ll bring him back next week.
Jun 14, 2022 9:39 AM

May 2016
This show is total dog shit.

Also I love how she said she can only hold it for 6 more seconds. And it ended up being 6 minutes.
Jun 14, 2022 9:43 AM

Nov 2017
結局、Leo didn't want to die. Even with all the baggage he had to go through and still has.

Though, I do wonder if he really is dead. Guess I'll find out next episode
Jun 14, 2022 10:01 AM
Sep 2015
What's more interesting than a dramatic scene is that other models that Leo recreate might survive, and they'll be back.
Jun 14, 2022 10:09 AM

Jul 2009
I don't remember watching a anime with such an extensive use of talk no jitsu in a single episode
bruh
Jun 14, 2022 10:10 AM
Dec 2021
So long, Leo, I never knew it'll end like this! 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jun 14, 2022 10:33 AM

Mar 2013
Leo's intentions were really obvious, I did hope that we can get something that will make it more dramatic than the animation right now...

What just happened exactly?! >_<
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 14, 2022 10:44 AM

Nov 2014
It's rather safe to assume he will survive and we will get some kind of friendship power next episode. While I like happy ends and would love to see him get one too, I actually kinda hope he really dies... that'd just feel more fitting and make his story more meaningful.

soulxz said:
It's really been a while since I've seen such a good isekai, but you already know its going to be ripped off next season 😂😂

It's not an isekai tho.
Jun 14, 2022 10:48 AM

Jun 2011

Leo's seiyuu is pretty good though, although eps 10th talk was better done.

The end was nice as well, with their talk succeeding nicely.

The scream was kinda lame though.

kei78 said:
I don't remember watching a anime with such an extensive use of talk no jitsu in a single episode

Darling in the Franxxx did it but with better animation (cuz more budget), Fruits Basket did it a lot too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2022 11:18 AM

Aug 2021
The truth is tremendous, Leo spent so many years in solitude, having only his mission and no one to understand him, when he saw Echidna and that she was different, he entrusted everything to her, the moment in which he could be defeated and die, has already arrived.
Jun 14, 2022 12:54 PM

Dec 2014
What an episode, wow wow. Damn all Leo ever wanted was just to be accepted even if he wasn't a hero anymore. I knew he just wanted to get hit by that spell like I called out in the last episode review, I guess the thing I got wrong was that of him making the spell and passing it out throught out the generations.

I wonder in this will be one of those anime in where they truly kill the main protagonist or will they find someway to revive him or bring him back next episode. I go more for the second one. Either way until now the anime has been really enjoyable.
Jun 14, 2022 1:17 PM

Feb 2020
I dont really get this show, so the main plot is about 4 generals and simping for echidna.
Its kinda enjoyable but dumb and insanly family friendly. I did not read any source of that story but im 100% sure that he will live cuz he said that he dont want to die in the end. Also that plot is progressing really slow from ep to ep and might be compressed without useless things in like 5-6 eps. Decent ep anyways but only decent.
Jun 14, 2022 1:18 PM
Mar 2022
After everything Leo had endured in three thousand years, with no one to consult and no friends that would tell him it is okay not to be a hero anymore, it's obvious that he wishes nothing more but to finally die.

While this episode was more flashback-heavy again, it emphasized how Leo was on the verge of fully losing his mind and dooming humanity, just to satisfy his desire to be needed in a world that has created him for a sole purpose. I wonder whether he will actually be dead or if he'll get revieved.

It seems like Leo had regrets the moment before the Generals struck him down as he said that he doesn't want to die. Perhaps he realized that the friends he was seeking were right before him.
Jun 14, 2022 2:00 PM

May 2021
A lot of things explained in this episode. The world-building and Leon's thought process as he slowly grows rogue over the course of carrying out his function has been done really well. A lot of tell-don't show here but this is the sort of tell I like. I just wish it had better production to make things more impactful.
RioFSJun 14, 2022 2:16 PM

Jun 14, 2022 3:23 PM
Jan 2022
I felt that, I'd probably make the same choice if I was him.
Jun 14, 2022 3:27 PM
Oct 2015
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Also I love how she said she can only hold it for 6 more seconds. And it ended up being 6 minutes.

Yeah, I'm gonna real with you Brother, I'm bored as fuck and just kept hate watching.
Jun 14, 2022 3:30 PM

Sep 2018
God, that was lame. Not a fan of the direction this anime took in the latter half. That shitty anguished cry from Echidna at the end of the episode was icing on the cake lol. Emotionally flat, Hero-kun's actions and sob story don't do it for me. They should have kept it strictly comedy.
Jun 14, 2022 3:44 PM
Jul 2017
this episode really be outing the gullibles
Jun 14, 2022 3:51 PM

Nov 2011
If done correctly a heavy dialogue episode can be awesome, and I think they nailed it in this episode of I'm Quitting Heroing.

We get to see how much Leo was struggling after the first invasion but I didn't think much of it when Humans and Demons fought along side each other to fight other Humans. I wish they went more into that because I would assume Leo sided with the Humans but in that sense what is actually "best" for humanity. And you definitely see Leo struggle with that question throughout the episode.

I thought the back and forth between Leo and Echidna was amazing. They were basically answering each others thoughts but really just following up on their own questions. Along with the music that scene was tremendously well done.

Kind of broke my heart when Leo just said "I don't want to die." Damn that hurt.

One more episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 14, 2022 4:36 PM

Nov 2017
Well,that was not what I expected,but a lot better than I thought it would be.
Really made me feel for Leo throughout the dialogue,nearly cried once or twice too.
To live for that long,knowing that theres no one you can trust(who'd still be alive anyway),or no one who can journey with you must be a nightmare.
Those scientists who made the Hart series should have been shot for what they did.
Jun 14, 2022 5:16 PM
Apr 2022
Well, this episode was a disappointment ngl. Was pretty ok with the first half, retelling of Leo's backstory, but couldn't understand why Leo and Echidna needed a lengthy inner conversation in the second half. It took nearly 5 minutes after Leo took the spell. It'd have been fine if it were just 1~2minutes and use the remaining the time on the each generals getting reminiscent of the good old times with Leo while killing him. And now we're stuck with the same cliffhanger as the previous episode. Please just die already, Leo kun.
Jun 14, 2022 5:30 PM

Jan 2021
Seiya0890 said:

kei78 said:

Darling in the Franxxx did it but with better animation (cuz more budget), Fruits Basket did it a lot too.

Have you ever watched the chimera ant arc in hunter x hunter.
Jun 14, 2022 5:42 PM

Jan 2021
Yeah his death wasn't really impactful towards me. I'll give the show points if they actually killed him, but it feels like a 50 50 chance with this show.

Echidna was bleeding out of her eyes and in more agony than Leo was. She said this spell will drain all her power/stamina and yet she still has an enough energy to scream. She should've collapsed.

I like Leo but I feel like a lot of info was repeated in this episode. We get it, your suffering, you like this crazy crew. Maybe show more of Leo having the most human emotion, absolute fear at the face of death because you are powerless.
Jun 14, 2022 7:16 PM
Mar 2015
The hero bites the dust At least he was smiling
Jun 14, 2022 10:48 PM

Feb 2015
pretty poor episode IMO, another load of pointless flashbacks. the whole series at this point feels like one big prologue.
Jun 14, 2022 11:08 PM
Feb 2022
I Pretty Much Loved The Episode Even Though The Flashback Was so Long .
It Was Very Say To See Leo's Past As He Protected The Humanity For So Long Time And There Was No One To See His Pain.
Feel Bad For Him.
Jun 14, 2022 11:46 PM

Jun 2011
PurpleMagic said:
Seiya0890 said:

Have you ever watched the chimera ant arc in hunter x hunter.

Nop I stopped before, but I believe you wanted to quote @kei78
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2022 11:52 PM

Apr 2021
That was a dramatic ending. It may be dialogue-heavy but it's necessary to release the emotion of a thousand years hero carrying such burden which is a thumbs up. I'd give it 5 stars if he will actually die which I doubt from the petty damage that the generals inflicted to him.

Jun 15, 2022 12:09 AM
Oct 2021
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

i was thinking about the same thing....
Jun 15, 2022 1:01 AM
May 2021
This episode literally made me cry. The music the voice acting, everything was so impactful man 😢😢
Jun 15, 2022 3:43 AM
Jul 2014
Psycho_killer666 said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

i was thinking about the same thing....

They're Shonen seconds. The same ones DBZ runs on.

Besides, talking is a free action.
Jun 15, 2022 4:44 AM

May 2010
Show's Title finally checks out. I guess he actually quit heroing.
Jun 15, 2022 5:40 AM

May 2018
Least suicidal hero be like:

Also those were a very long 6 seconds. Reminds me of Chimera arc

ngl if Leo became evil and destroyed humanity only for new heroes to try to stop him, that would be a more interesting show
ByniavoJun 15, 2022 5:46 AM
Jun 15, 2022 6:15 AM
Jun 2022
I was a little doubtful if the story would turn out to make sense but they really played a blinder by establishing that Leo is "buggy". You can explain anything away with that.
Jun 15, 2022 6:17 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fuck. You could say the first half of the show isn't as good as the second half, but the early parts of the show is an important part that made the second half as good as it is. Because the build up was fantastic.

Leo was really already going through it already long ago. Was definitely tearing up at the end there. Give my boy Leo some eternal comrades, oh wait, they're already there. Really looking forward to the season finale. Hope we get a second season.
Jun 15, 2022 6:49 AM

Sep 2007
Like the manga ...
It's was perfect ...
Jun 15, 2022 6:52 AM

Jun 2016
just die already !!
the fuck la so much talk bullshit even while he dying !!
Jun 15, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2015
I swear Leo has some of the best character development I've seen in anime. It just all works and makes sense as to why he's doing the things he's doing.

Honestly I hope Leo did die there (But obviously he won't have). I think it would be a lot better if its like the tragedy of Leo and how he's finally put to rest. That would be the more unique and unexpected approach to the ending (Especially as a lot of this anime has been very unconventional hero tragedy stuff) But they'll probably have taken him out without killing him and getting the stone out of him.

But this final arc has been waaaaay more than I expected. It went from a good series to a great one with this final climatic arc. I always thought Leo's backstory was very interesting and they just kept making it better and better.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 15, 2022 9:10 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Leo wanted to create chaos so that he could save humanity again and be able to be useful again but thanks Echidna for killing him since he lived long enough
Jun 15, 2022 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
seeing this reminds me of the quote "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"
its always tragic when it gets to that point
Jun 15, 2022 5:19 PM
Jul 2021
That was SOOOO F'n stupid. Explain this to me, she says "He needs a hand, I'll be the one to reach out.." and something about who saves the hero, getting all emotional, and THEN they try to kill him? So dumb. That's when you STOP attacking him and let the attack spell go..

I doubt he's dead but if he is this show def is dead for me, Leo is THE main character, as much as I do like the others his story, future, personality, and comradery with the others is what makes this series. I recently stopped watching another series last season because something like this happened, and even though I read that it was "fixed" it ruined that show for me.. Really hope next episode is good and sticks the landing
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Annoying side character (lily)

Kevinjtc - Jun 24, 2022

19 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 1, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

137 by indexsel »»
Apr 30, 5:38 PM

» Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

Rat8526 - Jun 18, 2022

28 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 30, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2022

59 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2022

46 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.