Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2022 5:43 AM
Feb 2021
Seriously I don't understand what's so bad about watching this show on Netflix. Someone please fill me in because I'm new to the fandom. I just got to Part 3 and have been using Netflix to watch it the whole time. I checked some of the other translations out and honestly I prefer the Netflix translations (Examples: Esidisi>ACDC; Harmon>Ripple) but if there's a good reason why I shouldn't watch on Netflix then I'll consider changing so let me know.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2022 5:51 AM
Apr 2020
did someone tell you that it's bad? Because it doesn't really matter
Apr 13, 2022 5:52 AM
Aug 2021
I just dont trust Netflix with animes
Their subtitles are just unreliable
Apr 13, 2022 5:54 AM
Jan 2021
it's not bad at all
Apr 13, 2022 5:55 AM
Oct 2020
sinmiloluwa04 said:
Seriously I don't understand what's so bad about watching this show on Netflix. Someone please fill me in because I'm new to the fandom. I just got to Part 3 and have been using Netflix to watch it the whole time. I checked some of the other translations out and honestly I prefer the Netflix translations (Examples: Esidisi>ACDC; Harmon>Ripple) but if there's a good reason why I shouldn't watch on Netflix then I'll consider changing so let me know.

No reason its fine
Apr 13, 2022 5:56 AM
Nov 2018
F3ll0WD3G3N3R8 said:

especially with the Beastars mess up that they won't fix for some reason
Apr 13, 2022 5:56 AM
Dec 2020
sinmiloluwa04 said:

The Subtitles they are WAYYY OFF for example: Bruno Bucciarati’s Stand- Sticky Fingers is called Zipper Man. YES Zipper Man
Apr 13, 2022 5:59 AM

Aug 2020
Some of the names are really weird like the above posts say.
Apr 13, 2022 5:59 AM
Jul 2019
Subtitles are usually awful on Netflix for anime in general. Usually lazy.
Apr 13, 2022 6:01 AM
Jul 2021
Subtitles are terrible.
Apr 13, 2022 6:01 AM
Feb 2020
I dont see much problem, but the subtitles are very bad, but the name thing you can just ignore there is in the crunchyroll too
Apr 13, 2022 6:04 AM
Sep 2021
idekwtftoput said:
Jojo fans don't like Netflix because of the way that they're releasing stone ocean.
That aside, skip this part and save yourself

that's subjective, lots of people like Part 3, keep that kinda shit to yourself
Apr 13, 2022 6:06 AM
Sep 2021
Choclit_Mxlk said:
F3ll0WD3G3N3R8 said:

What happened with Beastars?
Apr 13, 2022 6:07 AM
Nov 2018
Mlgking said:
Choclit_Mxlk said:

What happened with Beastars?

they had Haru spelled as Hal and Louis as Rouis and Legosi as Legoshi
Apr 13, 2022 6:09 AM

Aug 2021
It’s not that viewing it on Netflix is bad, that’s what I did and it works fine. The problem is with the release of part 6 now that netflix owns the rights is all messed up and they’re releasing the show in batches which no one likes.
Apr 13, 2022 6:14 AM
Jan 2022
Watching on Netflix isn’t bad but the batch releases of the new season kind of hurt the hype
Apr 13, 2022 6:22 AM
Oct 2021
Omnix_1907 said:
sinmiloluwa04 said:

The Subtitles they are WAYYY OFF for example: Bruno Bucciarati’s Stand- Sticky Fingers is called Zipper Man. YES Zipper Man

that got nothing to do with the translation...... a lot of stand's names were changed to avoid copyright shit. araki himself goes around the names of artists/albums, to avoid people suing him for money
Apr 13, 2022 6:23 AM

Apr 2016
I mean, just tell us you are a pedophile next time and dont dance around it.
Apr 13, 2022 6:38 AM
Jun 2021
sinmiloluwa04 said:

I watched parts 1-3 and 6 on Netflix (part 4 and 5 aren’t available in my country so I watched them on a different website), some moments in part 3 are heavily censored for example bloody scenes and Jotaro smoking, I don’t know if it’s censored everywhere but I have scene clips that I saw on Netflix uncensored elsewhere, I wouldn’t say it being censored affected my viewing of it too much however sometimes it’s incredibly noticeable and it’ll take you out of the moment so instead of focusing on what’s actually going on you end up more focused on how bad the censoring is. Parts 1, 2 and 6 weren’t affected by censorship as far as I can remember so I’m not really sure why part 3 is but I’d recommend at the very least to not watch part 3 on Netflix.

There’s also the issue with character and stand names being changed but that’s not really noticeable in the first 3 parts.
Apr 13, 2022 6:46 AM

Jun 2016
I haven't heard anyone say the show is bad on netflix. Except for the stand translations of course.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 13, 2022 6:49 AM
Aug 2018
Censoring.
And localization, but mostly part 4 onwards.
Apr 13, 2022 6:51 AM
Aug 2018
no, there's nothing wrong with watching jojo on netflix
Apr 13, 2022 6:52 AM

Mar 2015
The changed stand names are present in every official translation. I watched part 6 on Netflix and had no complaints.
Apr 13, 2022 7:08 AM
Aug 2021
Swagernator said:
I mean, just tell us you are a pedophile next time and dont dance around it.
accusing someone of pedophelia isnt a very funny joke :/
Apr 13, 2022 7:09 AM
Aug 2021
in my country, netflix doesnt have parts 4 and 5 so you have to start watching on a different platform half way through
Apr 13, 2022 7:14 AM
Jan 2021
BaldMartin9006 said:
sinmiloluwa04 said:

I watched parts 1-3 and 6 on Netflix (part 4 and 5 aren’t available in my country so I watched them on a different website), some moments in part 3 are heavily censored for example bloody scenes and Jotaro smoking, I don’t know if it’s censored everywhere but I have scene clips that I saw on Netflix uncensored elsewhere, I wouldn’t say it being censored affected my viewing of it too much however sometimes it’s incredibly noticeable and it’ll take you out of the moment so instead of focusing on what’s actually going on you end up more focused on how bad the censoring is. Parts 1, 2 and 6 weren’t affected by censorship as far as I can remember so I’m not really sure why part 3 is but I’d recommend at the very least to not watch part 3 on Netflix.

There’s also the issue with character and stand names being changed but that’s not really noticeable in the first 3 parts.

Censorship is for all, if you watch it on Crunchyroll or Muse. Buy blu-ray for uncensored.
Stand names in part 3 are based on Egyptian gods and Cards but part 4 onwards, they are based on music. They are localized to don't get sued
Apr 13, 2022 7:15 AM

Jan 2013
I only watch dubs on Netflix, so I don't have any issues.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 13, 2022 7:21 AM
Dec 2020
Netflix's subs are absolutely fine, they just renamed some stands to skirt copyright or region locks. Apart from that, it's perfectly fine. I watched everything on Netflix and it was great
Apr 13, 2022 7:42 AM
Jul 2017
In our country, Netflix completely messed up JoJo with it's seasons. There are 3 seasons available. there's season 1, then both SC seasons merged into one, there isn't DIU or GW, but then there is Stone Ocean
Apr 13, 2022 8:01 AM
Jul 2021
sinmiloluwa04 said:

They have spoiled me before with subtitles since it usually shows the characters name who's talking I had it show a certain characters name when I at the time was not supposed to know that character was who they stated so that was kinda annoying.
Apr 13, 2022 8:02 AM
Feb 2021
I had watched the first season on Netflix and it's honestly not that bad. But you will miss out on the memes. Like arguably the most iconic line in part 3 "Oh, you're approaching me?" has been translated differently on Netflix.
Apr 13, 2022 8:18 AM
Jul 2020
sinmiloluwa04 said:

I’m pretty sure they censor jotaro smoking and some violent scenes. And Netflix is known for not having the best subtitles
Apr 13, 2022 8:50 AM
Jul 2021
Netflix has localised names for the things with names that are music references. Most people consider these names really bad (Sticky Fingers -> Zipper Man), myself included. There are a few good ones in my opinion, but most of them are garbage. Bu i don't think it takes away from the experience that much since the Japanese dub still says the names in their original form. Netflix is also way more comfortable than a random pirated source.
Apr 13, 2022 8:51 AM
Jul 2021
Netflix has localised names for the things with names that are music references. Most people consider these names really bad (Sticky Fingers -> Zipper Man), myself included. There are a few good ones in my opinion, but most of them are garbage. Bu i don't think it takes away from the experience that much since the Japanese dub still says the names in their original form. Netflix is also way more comfortable than a random pirated source.
Apr 13, 2022 9:09 AM
Mar 2022
LostSpectre said:

Sub >>>>>>>>>>> Dub
Apr 13, 2022 9:11 AM

Jan 2013
MizuXArt said:
LostSpectre said:

Sub >>>>>>>>>>> Dub
Like I give a shit you fucking clown.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 13, 2022 9:20 AM
Mar 2022
LostSpectre said:
MizuXArt said:

Sub >>>>>>>>>>> Dub
Like I give a shit you fucking clown.

Lol how am I a clown for stating the obvious that sub is 5× (minimum) better than dub?
Apr 13, 2022 9:39 AM
Jan 2022
Omnix_1907 said:
sinmiloluwa04 said:

it’s subtitled Zipper Man to avoid copyright because Sticky Fingers is named after the Rolling Stones album
Apr 13, 2022 10:04 AM
Nov 2020
It’s fine to watch it on Netflix. Personally I watched the dub and put subtitles on everything but season 6
Apr 13, 2022 10:06 AM
Nov 2020
Omnix_1907 said:
sinmiloluwa04 said:

That’s because of copyright issues. Just watch with subtitles on and you will be fine
Apr 13, 2022 10:09 AM
Jul 2021
Omnix_1907 said:
sinmiloluwa04 said:

well they call it zipper man on crunchyroll too it’s not because of there subtitles it’s copyright although netflix does have really bad subs
Apr 13, 2022 10:45 AM
Dec 2020
Omnix_1907 said:
sinmiloluwa04 said:

It’s because Sticky Fingers is a copyrighted name in the United States. They have to localise all the stand names to avoid a lawsuit.
Apr 13, 2022 11:05 AM
Nov 2021
They always get the stand names wrong because of copyright
Apr 13, 2022 11:09 AM
Oct 2020
sinmiloluwa04 said:

People say their subs are bad but tbh I always watch on Netflix if they’re an option because they have the best UI. Maybe their subs aren’t the best with accuracy but they’re clearly competent.
There’s nothing wrong with watching anime on Netflix really.
Apr 13, 2022 11:11 AM
Oct 2020
Omnix_1907 said:
sinmiloluwa04 said:

That’s just the localized English name. Crunchyroll subs do the same. It’s because Sticky Fingers is a copyrighted name so it needs to be altered for the official subs.
Though I have seen other errors with their Part 5 subs.
Apr 13, 2022 12:02 PM
Apr 2021
Honestly netflix is the best place to watch JoJo imo. Especially since for parts 1-4 they have unlocalized stand names
Apr 13, 2022 12:02 PM
Apr 2021
Honestly netflix is the best place to watch JoJo imo. Especially since for parts 1-4 they have unlocalized stand names
Apr 13, 2022 12:25 PM
Jul 2021
idekwtftoput said:
lFrogs said:

that's subjective, lots of people like Part 3, keep that kinda shit to yourself

Hating on jojo is a jojo reference 😹

Bruh, you are trying so hard to laugh on jojo fans, yet you gave Tokyo Ghoul a 10, I don't really know who is worst now.
Apr 13, 2022 12:39 PM
Jul 2021
idekwtftoput said:
Watcher70 said:

Bruh, you are trying so hard to laugh on jojo fans, yet you gave Tokyo Ghoul a 10, I don't really know who is worst now.

LMAOOOOO you haven't even read tokyo ghoul... Don't mention tokyo ghoul in the same sentence as something like jojo. Have some shame

You are right, I shouldn't be comparing JoJo with a container full of shit. Sorry, my bad.
Apr 13, 2022 1:34 PM
Mar 2021
Omnix_1907 said:
sinmiloluwa04 said:

That’s what it’s called in the actual sub, you can hear Bruno say sticky fingers but the subtitles say zipper man, it’s so stupid, same with giorno, you hear him say gold experience but the subtitles say golden wind
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

128 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:55 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

131 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:16 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.