Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 10, 2022 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
Karla the dark elf really doesn't seem to like others yelling at her lol

Cute episode imo. She has a rather peculiar personality imo, saying very casual things and being straightforward with her words. It was the type of show I had exactly expected being adapted from the manga, especially with all the various gags. Karla carries this episode quite a bit with her personality.

Jul 2017
I can tell that this is gonna be good comedy first and foremost. Tannen ni Hakkou's only manga series is simply class.

The OP is just an advertisement for the anime, but I like how it's done here giving a tease for the proceeding episodes.

The dark elf Carla is such an annoying nuisance to the hero Alvin whose trying to fight off an encounter with a bear, and their conversation just leaves the magibeast Mostly Bear hanging like a cool shade lols. I did not expect Mostly Bear to be the meditator between Carla and Alvin, that's some pep talk of lecture for a party of 2, but a curse that kills Alvin if he and Carla are 300 meters separated, oh man what a reverse UNO card.

Umm, censorship through body parts to hide away Alvin's eyes, what creativity lols xD

Carla must've had a hard time restoring and reforming Alvin's face after he got slashed badly by Mostly Bear, and all of that was crocodile tears and impeccable comedy timing with the relationship of Mostly Bear and Alvin, while Carla is just whining her way through to Aivin's heart of being a party member of a healer.

H studio Jumondo's animation is simple, but it works, and that's more than enough.

What a fun premiere, I'm totally digging this.

Feb 2020
It was a very good start.

All those conversations between Karla, Alvin and Mostly Bear were absolutely hilarious.

Karla is such a cutie pie. <3 I love her peculiar personality.

SerafosMay 22, 9:19 PM
Apr 10, 2022 5:32 AM

Apr 2014
Faceless MC. LMAO... I really want to see his face.

Agupon's OP, which acted as an ED in the first episode.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 10, 2022 5:58 AM

Apr 2010
A dark Elf that all of us should have in our party.
Anyway it was funny how they tried to hide Alvin's eyes with all they had, there was just one scene with his eyes and they where black holes.
It made the scene about his face having failed during the healing way more funny tho.
Apr 10, 2022 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
This is what a Slapstick comedy should be. It will be a show focused solely on Comedy and I am in on it. I laughed a lot throughout this first episode.
When Carla said "Gomena-sowwy" I was done lol

Nice op as well
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 10, 2022 6:25 AM

Nov 2010
As was expected, the anime team failed to reproduce the amusing nuance of the original material. Probably it heavily depends on the timing and tone of the dialogue. "Futoku no Guild" may be going to encounter the same problem as well. Contrary to this, anime version of "Machikado Mazoku" exceeds the original.
Apr 10, 2022 6:28 AM
Aug 2020
LOL I love it already. This is the real comedy.
Apr 10, 2022 6:40 AM

Oct 2017
This girl is cute but pure cancer. I feel bad for the guy, he can't even leave her now that he's cursed.

Not a bad start but the gags are quite predictable and a bit forced.
Apr 10, 2022 6:51 AM

Apr 2020
Paralyze is not paradise 🤣
Apr 10, 2022 7:39 AM

May 2010
Heh~, didn't expect this got adapted.
Apr 10, 2022 7:50 AM

Mar 2019
damn that was a pure cringe
dropped and move on
Apr 10, 2022 7:53 AM

Dec 2016
That was quite amusing, specially the unbearable puns.
Apr 10, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2016
Seems funnier on paper with such lackluster execution. The delivery of the gags really wasn't it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2022 8:00 AM

Mar 2018
The fact that this anime is airing in the same season as Kaguya-sama, Spy X Family, Komi-san, Aharen-san and Ya Boy Kongming really highlights how bad the comedy of this anime is. Karla is very unlikable despite getting her way most of the time, the punchlines are often pretty predictable, the jokes drag way on after the punchline was said and overal everything just feels mean spirited in a way that isn't funny.

This anime has a specific niche of comedy and it clearly isn't for me, bleh
Apr 10, 2022 8:09 AM

Mar 2022
They drag the jokes for too long so the rhythm is slow
Apr 10, 2022 8:19 AM

Sep 2018
Pretty funny, just needs to find its rhythm.

With the oddness of Karla's character I expect this to bomb, but I think I'll enjoy it way more than many of the popular shows.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 10, 2022 8:26 AM

Dec 2012
There is a slight hint of humor in there somewhere, I guess this might work better on paper
Apr 10, 2022 8:26 AM
Apr 2021
I might be in the smaller part of opinions with this but damn, Carla is REALLY annoying right from the beginning.
Everything looks great and I enjoy the general feel of the series but... she is as toxic and manipulative as can be just to get credit for everything she might have done and ignores any sort of mistake or insult she sends off.
As a Healer-Main myself, in some games, I get her perspective, Healers never get any sort of thanks from other, even if they do their jobs. But she hasn't even done that much yet and is already taking rewards for pretty much nothing left and right.

I am curious to see where this goes... however... she might be as annoying as other character from other shows like Nagatoro or Umaru... which will be a pain.
Apr 10, 2022 9:18 AM

Feb 2019
This would have worked much better if they had just taken the premise and run with it. As I am overly fond of saying, give the barest minimum of some kind of story to drive things so that the humor and jokes are something you do in service of something else, not the whole thing. Twenty minutes straight of what is essentially stand-up improv is… rough. Hell, five minutes of improv is often an ordeal, and most of this wasn't even particularly good improv, particularly the parts where they exhaustively explain what the jokes were, which is how it decided to end; a minute long recap of the previous conversation while the bear and dude were flustered over it.

Well, the quite mediocre production didn't help much either. Not that you need a whole ton of animation when it's just twenty minutes of three people standing in two different places having a conversation, but SeiZon accomplished a lot despite it basically never leaving a single room. That had a lot more manic energy (and heart for that matter) that this one badly lacks. Note that energy doesn't not mean yelling, which this one certainly has in spades, probably also not helping my impression. There were some okay one-liners here and there, but I spent the whole thing basically wonder "how much longer is this scene going to go on," and the answer was "until the episode ends." When you can't quickly flip pages to get to the next scene and have to arduously wait for the echoing yell to finish and then re-do the setup, it's a lot harder to stomach.
Apr 10, 2022 9:36 AM

Dec 2013
It was fine, what sucks is that the bear was my favorite character form the episode and she is not part of the party, kinda feel it would have been much better as a 13 minutes going form the first episode but hopefully it gets funnier as it gets going.
Apr 10, 2022 10:03 AM
Oct 2020
Honestly, I would prefer if the anime was about the bear instead.
Apr 10, 2022 11:28 AM
Aug 2018
As someone who's reading the manga, I was shocked to see that this was a full-length episode. I feel that it would work better if it was only half the length. With the full-length it drags on and it's too much Karla.
Apr 10, 2022 12:23 PM

Apr 2020
Welp... that just happened? That came out of nowhere LOL
I did not expect a Japanese style sketch-based comedy from this. I love it! Love the randomness of Karla the healer. And Alvin the Warrior works well as the straight-man.
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
Apr 10, 2022 12:43 PM

Jun 2017
This was so over the top and absurd and stupid at the same time. I love it. lol
Apr 10, 2022 12:47 PM

May 2013
Absolutely hilarious already, although a bit dragged out in the first half the jokes and arguments are really funny so far. Just can't shake off that Alvin looks like a default dark souls player character and having an incompetent mate at his side makes it even better.

Karla definitely has a screw loose but hey she cute, looking forward to more.
Apr 10, 2022 12:55 PM
Jan 2022
What is this anime even about? I'm confused lol. Bye.
Apr 10, 2022 1:04 PM

Feb 2020
well that was horrible!
Apr 10, 2022 1:09 PM

May 2015
Wow, she really is the worst haha.

I just love how the bear and guy were just looking at each other like "Wtf??"

Also that wink lol.

My only concern about this is the same concern I have about every gimmick anime, its gonna get stale quickly. If the series only has one joke and runs with that the entire series its gonna get bad by about episodes 3-4. I've seen a lot of anime that were one-trick ponies that only had one joke and got boring quick. Mahou Shoujo Ore is one that comes to mind where the entire show joke was they can turn into guys. This series gives off a similar vibe of one joke but I guess it depends if they can come up with funny dialogue for her.
DarknessRealityApr 10, 2022 1:16 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 10, 2022 1:33 PM
Jul 2021
Better than I expected. A bit streched out but mildy amusing and entertaining enough. 6/10

DarknessReality said:

My only concern about this is the same concern I have about every gimmick anime, its gonna get stale quickly. If the series only has one joke and runs with that the entire series its gonna get bad by about episodes 3-4. I've seen a lot of anime that were one-trick ponies that only had one joke and got boring quick. Mahou Shoujo Ore is one that comes to mind where the entire show joke was they can turn into guys. This series gives off a similar vibe of one joke but I guess it depends if they can come up with funny dialogue for her.
Yeah I get that impression too, if it keeps on in this vein they should've made it 12 minutes instead of 24. Still, Maoujou de Oyasumi ended up varied enough and quite entertaining despite also being based around a single simple stupid gimmick, so the same could happen this one.
Apr 10, 2022 1:35 PM
May 2020
karla certainly is quite the unique character if i do say so myself. ep one was just cluster of comedy... I LOVED IT!!!!
Apr 10, 2022 2:05 PM
Oct 2020
This shows not going to be a good comedy…this show will be the comedy show of the season. I’ve never heard anything about this show and I instinctively gave it an 8 after a few minutes in.
Apr 10, 2022 2:25 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Mostly-San the bear with his inconsistent speech tics stopping his fight to give advice was great xD. Carla is very straightforward, clumsy and funny also xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 10, 2022 3:23 PM

Jun 2016
This show is funny, Carla is very kawaii but at the same time she's very mischievous and annoying lol XD

"gomena-sowwy" "Viva Gotto!" and her wink... she's a baka-elf XD
Apr 10, 2022 3:47 PM
Jul 2020
I mean it had it moments, what I mean by that is it had both its funny moments and its cringe moments, and the bear turned out to be the best character so far.
Apr 10, 2022 4:00 PM

Jun 2013
That was incredibly boring
Apr 10, 2022 4:10 PM
Jul 2021
lmfao I laughed WAY more than I expected to, yeah this probably isn't for everyone (can tell by the trash Rating) but I dig the humor so far. Carla is funny and the VA does a great job, same with Alvin.
Apr 10, 2022 4:15 PM

Jan 2018
fuck that was dumb and annoying but I still want to watch it for some reason
Apr 10, 2022 4:20 PM

Jan 2018
I think if this show speeds up the pace a little this can be a good comedy series. The potential is there.
Apr 10, 2022 4:50 PM

Aug 2020
Karla will carry this show. The type of comedy i like

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 10, 2022 5:01 PM
Feb 2020
Started off well but my god it's so slow
Apr 10, 2022 5:20 PM

Nov 2012
Mendoksai! This was the opposite of funny.

Rexnihilo said:
Honestly, I would prefer if the anime was about the bear instead.

The bear was the best part.
Apr 10, 2022 5:39 PM
Sep 2012
This first episode managed to ruin any expectations I had for this show, My, how stupid all of it was. Every joke was stretched out too much that it stopped being funny.

Carla is a prime example of those weak trolls on the internet.
Apr 10, 2022 5:40 PM

Mar 2020
Some jokes are really awkward but some really hits Hahaha.

I'm really enjoying it seriously.

Karla-chan is so dumb and annoying.
Alvin-kun too. always short tempered. They're both dumb.

Its a fun show.
Zorosuke_Apr 11, 2022 1:22 AM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 10, 2022 5:47 PM

Oct 2008
i tried to laugh but sadly i didn't laugh...VA cast is a bit stacked as well huh...
3/5.

Apr 10, 2022 6:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was surprised by how much I liked this, a lot of the comedy landed for me and I found the fact that Carla is an annoying/useless/mean healer hilarious lol.

I definitely didn’t see the episode going the direction of Alvin, Carla and the Bear forming a friendship, but it happened lol, definitely love the random element here. I also think Alvin is pretty hilarious himself, his reactions to Carla are great, definitely gonna be something to look forward to every episode. I also love Carla’s half wink with the broken heart, perfectly sums her up lol.

I definitely really enjoyed this, this is a nice addition to the more lighthearted fantasy/Isekai shows imo, looking forward to more. I also liked that ED/OP (if it’s supposed to be the OP lol), it also gives a nice preview of characters to come. Also sad to see a mixed reaction to this, ah well, I’ll enjoy this anyway lol, it’ll be one of those shows below a 6.0 that truly proves Mal scores don’t matter.
Apr 10, 2022 6:46 PM

Jul 2015
One of my favorite comedy manga and one I really, really wasn't expecting to get an anime, so imagine the happiness I felt watching this episode.

Karla is an absolute troll and that will make her quite a divisive character, but for me she works incredibly well, I also very much enjoyed the VA chosen for her, it fits her character and I love how she says the Engrish stuff.

Overall I had a blast as I expected, seeing the bear just sitting there while Alvin and Karla discussed had me laughing so hard, really looking forward to watching more of their hilarious banter this season!
Apr 10, 2022 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
Microaggressions, the anime. With a bear. 1/10
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 10, 2022 9:56 PM

Sep 2016
not funny
didn't laugh
gomenassory is funny I guess
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 11, 2022 12:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Heh this is not bad for a manzai on the fantasy world.

Though sometimes i can't really understand how the taste of humor benefit into the mood, for a certain degrees. But for this one, okay is actually quite generous to describe what i feel about this type of show. But still its not really bad to the point its cringe me out. No, its not really about that....

In the end, i may continue watching just solely for the guests that unexpectedly already being tell from the beginning. There's Saori, and, Ayane. Just like what i needed. Maybe that's the trick of those last segment, to attract someone like me to keep watching this weirdly manzai show? Well, in that case, i am pretty much grateful!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

16 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 21, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2022

24 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2022

26 by dhell26 »»
Feb 15, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2022

52 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 5, 2:36 AM

» What makes this bad? ( 1 2 )

NextUniverse - May 7, 2022

67 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 4, 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.