Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2022 5:00 PM
Apr 2015
Somehow the synopsis never appealed to me so I never bothered to check this show out. But recently with the announcement of S2, I finally decided to check this show out. What I didn't expect was for it to be a stupid unrealistic highschool drama. The characters are fine. They are average anime school characters that are present in every 7/10 anime. But what ticks me off are the absolutely unrealistic and stupid drama that they create among themselves. I have lived through both my highschool years and college years but never have I seen such BS drama in any stage of my life.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 25, 2022 5:11 PM
Nov 2019
Thats why its called anime and Not real Life xDD and ur literally comparing anime with Ur real Life lmao
Feb 25, 2022 5:12 PM

Jul 2017
I am not going to try and explain why people like it
Since it's subjective
I liked it because of the setting, the main character (reason I picked up the Ln) and the character development and the special exams just become better and better
I advice to try and read the Light novel it explains alot the of things mostly the setting and why and how such drama is inevitable
Feb 25, 2022 5:17 PM
Jul 2021
Rikshit said:
Somehow the synopsis never appealed to me so I never bothered to check this show out. But recently with the announcement of S2, I finally decided to check this show out. What I didn't expect was for it to be a stupid unrealistic highschool drama. The characters are fine. They are average anime school characters that are present in every 7/10 anime. But what ticks me off are the absolutely unrealistic and stupid drama that they create among themselves. I have lived through both my highschool years and college years but never have I seen such BS drama in any stage of my life.

What do you mean by "drama"?
Feb 25, 2022 5:19 PM
Jan 2021
Just read the light novel you'll find out
Feb 25, 2022 5:20 PM

Sep 2020
wait a second.. you mean to tell me fictional shows are fictional...?! O_O

yes the show isn't great but you shouldn't go into animes in general expecting realism
Feb 25, 2022 5:26 PM
Feb 2021
Someone people have good taste

Not me tho
Feb 25, 2022 5:33 PM
Feb 2022
read the light novels
Feb 25, 2022 5:36 PM

Jul 2021
>Why this anime is not like my boring asf real life
Stop watching anime you idiot
Feb 25, 2022 5:45 PM

Oct 2021
I just remember how edgy and "badass" the protagonist is
Feb 25, 2022 6:11 PM

May 2021
Rikshit said:

Just try it's light novel and you'll find out " why people love this anime?" .The anime itself is not that appealing tbh still 8/10 for me and when i read it's light novel it's too good . It got such a high rating for a reason .

p.s. Don't compare your life with fictional character's XD .

"We are all like fireworks: we climb, we shine and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even when that time comes, let's not disappear like a firework and continue to shine.. forever ."
Feb 25, 2022 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
so basically this is fiction and the setting is in an advanced school that is so big that it is basically a mini-city. You expect us (ordinary people) to relate the school life of these students when they are in an "advanced fictional school".

this anime is a 7/10 for me...
in other words i like it+
Feb 25, 2022 6:40 PM
Apr 2015
Akitokamisen said:
I am not going to try and explain why people like it
Since it's subjective
I liked it because of the setting, the main character (reason I picked up the Ln) and the character development and the special exams just become better and better
I advice to try and read the Light novel it explains alot the of things mostly the setting and why and how such drama is inevitable

I guess there's a huge gap between the LN and the anime adaptation then. Not all fiction translate well to different mediums. That would explain the ratings for each of these mediums.
Feb 25, 2022 6:58 PM
Aug 2021
Why are you going into an anime expecting realism in the drama the characters have -_-
Feb 25, 2022 7:02 PM

Jul 2021
imagine judging a fiction through its realism lol
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 25, 2022 7:04 PM
Jul 2021
I feel it's really edgy and the show isn't aware of that itself, which makes it worse, the premise of the show really doesn't make much sense to me, like how the show begins with that monologue but doesn't have much weight later on, the mc is just "badass" and pretty much acts indifferent to everyone, probably one that 15 year olds or so would like and take after his personality or something lol, and yeah about the drama, it feels really underwhelming everytime, bc the mc solves 'em pretty easily, like, there's not much struggle is there? no real tension at any point in the story 'cus mr badass mc is there who can do just about anything it seems, the little bits of flashbacks about ayanokoji's backstory isn't interesting at all, you can pretty much guess what happened, although I may be wrong here, so yeah I feel this show is really underwhelming and uninteresting, let's see if it gets better now that there will be a s2
edit: oh yeah that scene where ayanokoji tickles horikita, like, wtf was even that lmao
Feb 25, 2022 7:05 PM

Jul 2019
While I do admit the at Light Novel is better, this still doesn't dismiss a person's dislike towards the anime. Afterall, the anime is inferior.

Feb 25, 2022 7:24 PM

Dec 2015
Because Kei and Kiyopon.

Feb 25, 2022 7:27 PM

Mar 2021
hmm, why is this fictional story fictional?

No seriously though the anime is a lot different than the light novel and only covers the worst part imo
Feb 25, 2022 8:37 PM
Nov 2021
Rikshit said:

Because it’s good
Feb 25, 2022 8:46 PM
Jul 2020
Rikshit said:

i don't want to say this but a person who has shoukugeki no souma as his favourite shouldn't talk about realism.
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

If you cannot tolerate others taste delete your mal accountโ˜ฎ๏ธ.
Feb 25, 2022 8:51 PM
Apr 2015
Deku_kamado said:
Rikshit said:

i don't want to say this but a person who has shoukugeki no souma as his favourite shouldn't talk about realism.

That's a shonen show that specifically has a plot based around being not too serious and it doesn't even take itself too serious. Unlike this show that does take itself serious with cliche characters and unwanted drama. There's fiction that displays one's imagination and then there's fiction that has no base whatsoever.
Feb 25, 2022 8:59 PM
Mar 2021
Bad Ass protagonist
Feb 25, 2022 9:15 PM
Apr 2015
Deku_kamado said:
Rikshit said:

Bruh, I just noticed that my acc has SnS favorited. If it wasn't obvious enough, I don't update my acc. And this is my first post on mal ever and I've been on this platform for over 6years now. So think of it as whatever you want to.
Feb 25, 2022 9:17 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
>talks about realism
>shokugeki on favs
>quintuplet on favs

no

btw, this is code geass but slightly better written, still sucks ass lmao
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Feb 25, 2022 9:42 PM
Nov 2021
it's a high school anime show.90 percent of them are completely unrealistic How on earth do you think it would be anything similiar to anything you've experienced in college or high school? Are you new to this genre or new to anime in general?
Feb 25, 2022 9:53 PM
Mar 2019
Rikshit said:

Yeah I also started it cause of the s2 announcement. But it was overall meh except like 3 or 4 episodes which I liked. I had to watch it in 1.25x cause it just felt slow.

But still I would watch s2 cause Horikita lol ๐Ÿ˜

But yeah like others said, it's kinda dumb trying to find your personal life in an fictional anime. I think you should go for Slice of Life stuff if you want to see something relatable
Feb 25, 2022 10:10 PM
Feb 2021
According to your logic AOT is also average (like campare to your childhood)
Feb 25, 2022 10:18 PM

Jun 2021
Well... let's see,coz they understand why things are being portrayed that way and their taste isn't trash?
Feb 25, 2022 10:26 PM
Jan 2021
Rikshit said:

7/10 is extremely high for what you are describing. 7 in MAL’s scoring system is “good.” And man you expect the summary of the anime to be realistic? From the first few minutes you know it would never happen in real life. It was a fun anime.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Feb 25, 2022 10:29 PM
Apr 2015
Pijush_Naiya said:
Rikshit said:

Yeah I also started it cause of the s2 announcement. But it was overall meh except like 3 or 4 episodes which I liked. I had to watch it in 1.25x cause it just felt slow.

But yeah like others said, it's kinda dumb trying to find your personal life in an fictional anime. I think you should go for Slice of Life stuff if you want to see something relatable

My point was not that it should be relatable to my own life. It's just that the drama should be at least a little believable even within the realms of the premise that the show establishes.
Feb 25, 2022 10:45 PM
Jan 2021
MxrcoH1Ibxr said:
Thats why its called anime and Not real Life xDD and ur literally comparing anime with Ur real Life lmao

yeah lmao he is high i guess
Feb 25, 2022 10:54 PM
Jul 2020
Rikshit said:

because it's good,bruh. some people just have a better taste,that's all. though I admit that LN is better. I don't see any "over drama" scene,rather,just enjoyed mc manipulate others with his plan,and the exam and school system is interesting,which make the story enjoyable. drama is not even the focus in this show,so it didn't effected me in any way. kind of worry how they would continue the story with all change that they make in s1. you should watch others show if you want some "realistic drama",like,maybe a slice of life show?
Feb 25, 2022 11:52 PM
Jul 2021
Why is that even a question tf??
Feb 26, 2022 12:10 AM
Dec 2020
bcoz we enjoy it man. Stop asking y we love it just to not watch it again. Like ok...we get it...u didn't like smth popular. So what? you're not cool now man
Feb 26, 2022 12:17 AM
Apr 2021
Rikshit said:

Umhmm, You were also not in a Highschool with elite students too man. It's not just a regular highschool. Just see how the highschool functions. Plus you are really comparing Real life to anime man.
Feb 26, 2022 12:40 AM

May 2021
Rikshit said:

What you are doing is like comparing your life to One Piece. Anime is meant to entertain us, not bore us. If your daily hs life was an anime, I would be bored to death for sure.
Feb 26, 2022 12:47 AM
Sep 2021
you can't compare your real life with animes all animes are unrealistic. you will see thing in animes which cannot be happen in real world's.
Feb 26, 2022 1:34 AM
Jan 2021
sheeeeeesh ppl got mad

I also dislike it a lot and it's the exact reason I'm waiting for season two. Season one has no plot (go on and tell me about the game on the island, if that's what yall call plot then miss me with that) except for a five minutes long cliffhanger at the end, obnoxious fanservice (pool episode), and a superedgy mc who hates all people because he is so edgy. It's so unenjoyable that I had to reform my rating system to grasp how boring it was.

However, season two seems promising. I know how praised the rest of the series is, and the numbers on mal/sales figures speaks for themselves. IMO depending on how big of a rabbit hole the plot's gonna be, it's either gonna be good or very good. I don't expect season two to be as bad.
Feb 26, 2022 1:35 AM
Feb 2019
first mistake you made was comparing an anime to your real life circumstances, dumb asl and if it's not for you just drop the anime
Feb 26, 2022 1:37 AM

Apr 2020
Rikshit said:
Pijush_Naiya said:

My point was not that it should be relatable to my own life. It's just that the drama should be at least a little believable even within the realms of the premise that the show establishes.

That's dumb you shouldn't expect realism with this show, In the first place, no school in the world gave you 100,000 for the first month. That alone should signify that this is literally fiction, Second of all the MC personality is totally different from your usual HS boy, and third of all why even expect realism in Anime? I think the perfect show that you're talking about is Oregairu
Feb 26, 2022 1:49 AM
Apr 2015
Z_Pest said:
Rikshit said:

That's dumb you shouldn't expect realism with this show, In the first place, no school in the world gave you 100,000 for the first month. That alone should signify that this is literally fiction, Second of all the MC personality is totally different from your usual HS boy, and third of all why even expect realism in Anime? I think the perfect show that you're talking about is Oregairu

Don't even get me started on oregairu. I never had such a depressed school life so sitting through that show was pure agony for me. I never thought highschool kids could talk like 40 year olds going through some wack shit mid-life crisis.
Feb 26, 2022 3:11 AM
Aug 2021
Tbh I liked the anime but after reading the LN, I realised that the anime’s pacing was a bit weird but I’ll have to fully re-watch to confirm that
Feb 26, 2022 5:07 AM
Sep 2017
Rikshit said:

Bruh………….
Feb 26, 2022 5:37 AM

Mar 2020
It's an ok anime I guess,nothing really special but it was entertaining while I was watching it,was it memorable in any way?no.
Was it bad? No
It's just a decent show that u can watch and enjoy for what it is.
Feb 26, 2022 6:02 AM
Jan 2021
Rikshit said:
Pijush_Naiya said:

Isn't that why its Fictional? The premise of the entire anime is about students with unique traits in a school thats about taking others down if you wanna advance, so the drama makes sense.
Feb 26, 2022 6:53 AM
May 2021
Well there are so many reasons to like a show and this anime is not realistic so you don't need to compare it with your real life.
Feb 26, 2022 7:28 AM
Jun 2021
I wanted to check out the show and I really liked the MC, I really like shows like this with the whole psychological aspect of things and that’s why I personally like it.
Feb 26, 2022 7:55 AM
Jan 2022
I don't want to judge, but you made a mistake by starting this thread. There are many Cote fans, including myself. It's a storey, and everything is very well written. Yes, it's not real, but neither are food wars, angel beast, and so on.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

344 by Laachii »»
Jun 9, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

529 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

236 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

336 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

292 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 1:30 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.