Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 22, 2022 4:15 AM
Jan 2021
I remember a time when 7ds was one of the most talked and super popular anime out there. The manga sold like crazy and stuff. Everyone used to talk about it lol.
Good old days I guess.

Now no one talks about it.

It feels like im the only fan left in this world.

Seven deadly sins.
birth - 2014.
death -2019. Died at age 5 due to bad animation. RIP.

An amazing manga ruined by a very bad anime adaptation

If i were to count all 7ds fans on mal currently i wouldnt even find 100 i guess.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2022 4:18 AM
May 2021
That's good because people have started to realise that this anime and manga is shit.
Feb 22, 2022 4:19 AM
Jan 2021
Just to say. I dont think many ppl want to watch this series but if anyone wants to get into this series i can help a bit.

I say dont watch the anime at all. This is one of those cases where the manga is infinitely better than the anime. From season 1 to season the anime failed to capture its charm. The manga has some god tier art along with a good fantasy feel.

Start the manga from chapter 1 and read upto chapter 250. The last 100 chapters are really bad so dont waste your time reading it. Just go to the fandom page and read the summary and then read the prologue arc which is the true happy ending.

I know most ppl dont want to start it but in case you want to start it ive done my job

malabhirathFeb 22, 2022 4:24 AM
Feb 22, 2022 4:23 AM
Jan 2021
NoBoDY-5 said:
That's good because people have started to realise that this anime and manga is shit.

Well judging by your average score of 4.55 giving season 1 and 2 a 4/10 rating doesnt seem that bad.

Well maybe thats your opinion that its shit i cant argue. Even though im in the minority, considering there are no fans of series left to defend it lol
Feb 22, 2022 4:30 AM
Nov 2019
malabhirath said:
I remember a time when 7ds was one of the most talked and super popular anime out there. The manga sold like crazy and stuff. Everyone used to talk about it lol.
Good old days I guess.

Seven deadly sins.
birth - 2014.

If i were to count all 7ds fans on mal currently i wouldnt even find 100 i guess.

Seven Deadly Androids 🤣🤣🤣
Feb 22, 2022 4:32 AM
Apr 2021
malabhirath said:
Good old days I guess.

Seven deadly sins.
birth - 2014.

7ds will always be one of my favourite anime
Feb 22, 2022 4:35 AM
Apr 2021
malabhirath said:
Just to say. I dont think many ppl want to watch this series but if anyone wants to get into this series i can help a bit.

I say dont watch the anime at all. This is one of those cases where the manga is infinitely better than the anime. From season 1 to season the anime failed to capture its charm. The manga has some god tier art along with a good fantasy feel.

Start the manga from chapter 1 and read upto chapter 250. The last 100 chapters are really bad so dont waste your time reading it. Just go to the fandom page and read the summary and then read the prologue arc which is the true happy ending.

I know most ppl dont want to start it but in case you want to start it ive done my job

the manga can't be that good
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Feb 22, 2022 4:36 AM
Jan 2021
nonofyourbeeswax said:
malabhirath said:

Like i said the first 250 chapters of the manga are super amazing. The reason why we hate the anime from the start itself is becuase it isnt good. The manga is really good atleast what i think.
Feb 22, 2022 4:38 AM

Nov 2021
After New gen anime (Kny, jjk, black clover, fire force etc) people started to realise that they want story + animation both not only story.
Fan service is ok and depends on person to person, which new gen and old gen both Anime have. So people obviously go for those with all complete package.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Feb 22, 2022 4:40 AM
Apr 2021
itsrj20 said:
After New gen anime (Kny, jjk, black clover, fire force etc) people started to realise that they want story + animation both not only story.
Fan service is ok and depends on person to person, which new gen and old gen both Anime have. So people obviously go for those with all complete package.
But demon slayer has a mediocre story

Feb 22, 2022 4:41 AM
Apr 2021
malabhirath said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:

Like i said the first 250 chapters of the manga are super amazing. The reason why we hate the anime from the start itself is becuase it isnt good. The manga is really good atleast what i think.
okay I'll read it one day

Feb 22, 2022 4:43 AM
Apr 2021
I don't care for animation so I enjoyed it. I just didn't like the plot in the last part with the demon king reviving 20 times and that chaos thing felt so unnecessary
Feb 22, 2022 4:49 AM

Nov 2021
nonofyourbeeswax said:
itsrj20 said:

Umm Subjective? yeah plot is not that great and comedy is horrible, but isn't it still better than some old and new Gens? (Not the famous or underrated one.)

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Feb 22, 2022 4:53 AM
Aug 2021
Nope, I also like 7ds like hell
Moreover its recent movie kinda made up for its 3 seasons of bad animation...
RK145Feb 22, 2022 4:57 AM
Feb 22, 2022 4:56 AM
Oct 2021
malabhirath said:
Good old days I guess.

Seven deadly sins.
birth - 2014.

Man people are hating on this series so much just because of the animation. They just don't wanna enjoy the story I guess. This anime will be one of my favourites forever.
Feb 22, 2022 4:58 AM

Mar 2021
malabhirath said:
Good old days I guess.

Seven deadly sins.
birth - 2014.

I'm not a hater of the series. I enjoyed the series. But the final season was a traumatic experience for me. I still love all the escanor moments and unexpected plot twists from the series. But season 4.
honestly I need to be drunk to enjoy that season. But I still dont hate it
Feb 22, 2022 5:03 AM
Oct 2021
malabhirath said:
Good old days I guess.

Seven deadly sins.
birth - 2014.

I mean it was shit from the start in my opinion. They only made it worse by making it have bad animation. I mean it was one of the first anime I watched but when I look back in this anime I just can't see it the same way I did when I first started watching it.
Feb 22, 2022 5:05 AM
Feb 2022
Nanatsu Died and Merlin Killed it
Feb 22, 2022 5:14 AM
Nov 2020
I loved the characters during the first 2 seasons but after the infamous season 3 I just couldn’t continue
Feb 22, 2022 5:20 AM
Apr 2021
itsrj20 said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:

Umm Subjective? yeah plot is not that great and comedy is horrible, but isn't it still better than some old and new Gens? (Not the famous or underrated one.)
no its not better than some new gens the only reason you say that is because you don't look for good new gen anime

Feb 22, 2022 5:24 AM

Nov 2021
nonofyourbeeswax said:
itsrj20 said:

no its not better than some new gens the only reason you say that is because you don't look for good new gen anime

Maybe you haven't watched enough anime, but just to make sure i didn't said all the new gen i said some of new gen with GOOD ANIMATIONS (as kny is basically talked for animation) and to end the conversation i will say what's you views on Takt op Destiny?? (Maybe you got my point, anyways.)
itsrj20Feb 22, 2022 5:48 AM

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Feb 22, 2022 5:24 AM

Jun 2016
The excitement didn't die because of shit animation. It died because the anime finally reached the point where the manga turned to shit. It was always mediocre but at least it was bearable before.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 22, 2022 5:35 AM
Jan 2022
malabhirath said:
Good old days I guess.

Seven deadly sins.
birth - 2014.

I enjoyed it up too season 3 it was when they changed Melindas honestly they’re was just one scene that completely put me off it but think it could’ve been good if the animation had been better, the story wasn’t bad and I liked the characters
Feb 22, 2022 6:02 AM
Apr 2021
itsrj20 said:
nonofyourbeeswax said:

Maybe you haven't watched enough anime, but just to make sure i didn't said all the new gen i said some of new gen with GOOD ANIMATIONS (as kny is basically talked for animation) and to end the conversation i will say what's you view on Takt op Destiny?? (Maybe you got my point, anyways.)
haven't watched Takt op Destiny

Feb 22, 2022 6:11 AM

Sep 2014
"An amazing manga ruined by a very bad anime adaptation"

Nope. The manga 's last arc absolutely massacred whatever good this series had in the first place. For me, that last arc was that bad to the point of labeling this series as the worst shounen anime/manga I have ever seen/read bar none and that's coming from someone who was reading the manga weekly and really enjoyed the earlier parts.
Feb 22, 2022 6:12 AM

Apr 2021
The truth is that there are fans I am not so much a fan
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Feb 22, 2022 7:01 AM
Apr 2021
look i love 7ds so much, but lets be honest, first season is absolutely great, second is meh, and the rest are really bad
Feb 22, 2022 7:51 AM
Oct 2021
hell na, it's one of the animes that I've first watched and it has a special place in my heart
Feb 22, 2022 8:16 AM

May 2020
i watched the first season and it was really hard to get through it. the only thing that saved it for me was Ban (i think that's his name).
Feb 22, 2022 8:37 AM
Nov 2021
MonkeyDHunter said:

Nope. The manga 's last arc absolutely massacred whatever good this series had in the first place. For me, that last arc was that bad to the point of labeling this series as the worst shounen anime/manga I have ever seen/read bar none and that's coming from someone who was reading the manga weekly and really enjoyed the earlier parts.

why do i kind of agree with this one
Feb 22, 2022 9:00 AM
Nov 2021
animation wasnt even that bad
Feb 22, 2022 9:22 AM
Aug 2020
Bro 7ds is my 2nd favorite show
Feb 22, 2022 10:15 AM
Jan 2021
MonkeyDHunter said:

Sorry i didnt mention. It was amazing up to around chapter 250. Then skip the shitty chaos and demon king bullshit arcs and directly read the prologue which is the true ending
Feb 22, 2022 10:47 AM

Oct 2020
i still liked the series despite the bad animation.
and while i haven't read the manga, i still got enjoyment out of the show.
in fact one of my friends, who i convinced to give anime a shot, LOVES 7ds !
she gave all the seasons a 10/10, so trust me...there are still fans out there (me included). maybe not as much as there were a few years back, but it's still got a fanbase.
Feb 22, 2022 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
I may not have liked the last season. But the Seven Deadly Sins still holds a special place for me. I just felt like the last season was too packed. The intros teased my expectations for the final fight too much.
Feb 22, 2022 11:17 AM
Feb 2022
After watching all of it I plan to read the manga. The last couple season were disappointing, I still really want to love it but it just got to a point in the anime where I was watching to simply finish it and talk about it with my roommates. You’re not alone, I’m just barely hanging on
Feb 22, 2022 11:22 AM
Jul 2015
I like the story just fine. it's not amazing or anything, but I enjoy it.

absolutely hated the studio change. was easily the death of the show.
Feb 22, 2022 11:34 AM
Sep 2020
no man i am also a fan of this series i like the story even if the animation is bad it's still enjoyable
Feb 22, 2022 11:45 AM
Jan 2021
Even after the down-grade of animation and story after s2, i still love the show bcz of the characters and nostalgia and it will always have a special place in my heart
Feb 22, 2022 1:10 PM

Feb 2019
Is season 2 worth watching? I really liked season 1 and the bit of the manga I read after it. I thought season 3 was when the animation got real bad
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Feb 22, 2022 1:51 PM
Oct 2021
It’s good stuff People just hold animation too high, they’ll praise a mid show with great animation and shit on a good show with lazy animation, it’s a sad state the anime community’s in.
Feb 22, 2022 2:44 PM
Oct 2017
i thought it was a pretty mid show honestly, i only watched the first season and it was mindless fights that are very pridictable and boring, the animation looked incredible tho
Feb 22, 2022 3:23 PM
Jun 2021
malabhirath said:
Good old days I guess.

Seven deadly sins.
birth - 2014.

I personally never read the mangas and one in particular as I am not much of a reader person. But the anime was amazing and I still love it.
Feb 22, 2022 3:53 PM

Nov 2016
As someone who read the manga from pretty much day one, this series has still a special place in my heart. At least for what it was once was and the potential it had. I never thought it was S tier except for perhaps a handful of moments, but the final arc? Boy, that was really eh.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 22, 2022 4:36 PM
Jun 2021
Tbh, Seven Deadly Sins used to be really good, but ever since Zeldris was introduced, it started to go downhill. At that point the only reason I didn't drop it was because I loved Escannor, so when he died in the last season, I dropped it immediately. I heard that there is a sequel to it though (not animated yet) so it might be good.

Overall, it had good potential and failed to reach my expectations. Good 1st and 2nd season though.
Feb 22, 2022 6:50 PM
May 2017
I really like the show. And I think people overstate it. Yes, maybe the animation isnt the best, but at the end not that bad that it needs to get hatet like this. The story is great, the most characters are nice and its round. The last season was maybe not that good it could has been, but it was okay and gave some answers to questions in the for going seasons. I wished a bit other ending to, but its okay. The first season was the best, but the rest is nice to watch, too.
Feb 22, 2022 8:10 PM
Nov 2020
It used to be my favourite anime of all time. And the only reason I don't give it a 10 is the last season (I tend to rate the whole series by scoring the first season only). Even the third season, was great for me as I found the story to be very interesting. I actually didn't note there had been a studio change until reading the comments on my 3rd or 4th rewatch of the Meliodas vs Escanor fight (to me, the simple fact that they were fighting was AMAZING, they could have done the whole animation in PowerPoint as long as I cared). The thing is the story itself in the last season was not as appealing to me in general. It wasn't terrible but it didn't captivate me to the point of making me want to binge watch the whole season as previous seasons did. (If I really like an anime, I wait for all episodes to come out)
The end was very emotional though (when we get to see Gowther's present and we remember the adventures they went through and get to see that even after many years, they are all still family-like). I did like that.
Now contradicting myself a little, the animation of the teaser for seven deadly sins: grudge of Edinburgh is absolutely appalling. I wasn't ready for it. I was so excited after finding the title for the movie (I study in Edinburgh) just to get my enthusiasm crushed by the teaser...
Feb 22, 2022 10:28 PM
May 2020
The story got dragged a bit too much and bad animation added to it made it a forgettable series. I binged the first 2 seasons over a weekend or so and very much liked it. But it failed to grab my attention after that.
Feb 22, 2022 11:46 PM
Aug 2021
I'm glad I watched this when I didn't know shit about animation... To the pont where I couldn't see difference between first and last season
"What the hell did I do wrong?
All I did was skip out on my parents' funeral to jerk off to uncencored loli porn."
- Rudeus Greyrat
Feb 23, 2022 4:00 AM
Apr 2021
you ain't bro. check my profile its the nr. 1 for me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

141 by Rithic »»
Yesterday, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

131 by Rithic »»
Jun 5, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

134 by Rithic »»
May 27, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

328 by ProzmicDoed »»
May 27, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.