Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 20, 2022 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
Boji is awesome this episode. Using just a fencing sword to take on someone several time his size but beating him in the end. Kage was also fun to watch and they make a good team imo.

Hiling was also quite amusing to watch this episode.

Pretty entertaining episode. I'm just glad to see Boji doing well again.
Jan 20, 2022 8:24 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverJan 20, 2022 10:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 20, 2022 9:45 AM
Nov 2020
Still waiting for it on my end, dunno if it's internet but it ain't up for me yet.
Jan 20, 2022 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
Tailbone said:
Still waiting for it on my end, dunno if it's internet but it ain't up for me yet.
Check Crunchyroll. It used to be btw both streams a la FuniRoll handling the 1st Cour, now Crunchyroll is exclusive on the 2nd Cour.
Jan 20, 2022 10:03 AM
Jan 2021
KANLen09 said:
Tailbone said:
Check Crunchyroll. It used to be btw both streams a la FuniRoll handling the 1st Cour, now Crunchyroll is exclusive on the 2nd Cour.
a la funiroll lmaooo
Jan 20, 2022 10:08 AM
Oct 2016
Bojji isn't the only thing that returned, so did the tears! Bawled my eyes out during this episode. Got so worried for Dorshe and the giant snake I thought both of them could've been goners. Hiling coming in clutch with that healing magic like always. Those extra potions she had stored giving her the strength to save Dorshe life. Mitsumata coming in clutch too coming from underground to save Hiling from that giant green monster Gigan. I did not expect that, beforehand it was so weird how Bosse almost came to help then thought of Miranjo and decided to sit back down. Bojji with the best save of the episode though breaking that giant club Gigan had. Hitting the weak point between the molecules is so badass. Despa arts have suited Bojji well, he looked cool as can be welding his rapier sword this episode. Hiling sees how that weak boy who just wanted to help and be acknowledged has now become this elite strong fighter who can protect people. Bojji having empathy even for the monsters whom attacked Hiling and even Gigan. They were definitely being controlled, could guess that from their red eyes earlier but now they are different after being knocked wound then healed. Some great allies for Bojji. Which he's gonna need given the trouble Ouken is still causing with his immortality.
Jan 20, 2022 10:10 AM
Oct 2016
KANLen09 said:
Tailbone said:

Crunchyroll is not exclusive on the second cour. They both are streaming the episodes every week now
Jan 20, 2022 10:14 AM

Jul 2017
Dukino said:
KANLen09 said:
Crunchyroll is not exclusive on the second cour. They both are streaming the episodes every week now
Oh wait, you Western people are lucky. Only people outside watching this on their knowhow have only one source to lean onto.
Jan 20, 2022 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
Man, Dorshe REALLY had it coming for him: his devoted protection to Queen Hiling while being tormented by beasts...and the return of the Snake, which leads to Bojji and Kage reaching on time. A worthy sacrifice for the greater need, and Kage's Doraemon ability to get the potions he had stolen and kept for a long time, now being used for good.

Looks like Bojji's been taught good by Prince Despa, as such with the example of a diamond having its DNA be fractured to show Bojji the way. And now with his small fencing sword, he's able to stop the green goblin hulk Gigan with just the slightest of actions. Atta boy, Bojji, how much you've grown.

Truly heartwarming to see Bojji and his mother Hiling reunite, though Kage didn't take too lightly of how Hiling just dismissed him without knowing the context, and a good thing that all grievances are settled then and there between all parties. Probably the first time we see Hiling blush beet red.

On the other side, the Underworld's Guard captain vs. the immortal Ouken, and it took Despa's lightning to bring him down. The once formidable and happy-go-lucky man affected by negativity, humanity isn't so much saved anymore, and for Ouken that's his case and fate.

The fate hangs in the balance between King Desha and Miranjo, looks like the war starts with them attacking at the very source.

It's episodes like these which are too good that feels too short, and I wish I could watch this on a binge.
Jan 20, 2022 10:38 AM
Sep 2015
Again, this episode feels like only 10 minutes or so, I could imagine someone binge watch this anime the whole 23 episodes in one night because they can't go to sleep not knowing what will happen next.

It's full of violence but also beautiful at the same time. Truly our generation of Grimm's Fairy Tales.
Jan 20, 2022 10:47 AM

Jan 2009
damn 2 episodes in a row that the animation quality drop to mid levels, i guess their production time buffer is now all gone huh so production schedule is tightening moving forward

Boji got a new friend and servant with Gigan

and King Deshas power is calling lightning strikes eh

Jan 20, 2022 10:51 AM
Oct 2016
We're back to greatness, I really love the dynamic between these characters. I did not expect Gigan to bow to Bojji, also Despa is surprisingly strong.
Jan 20, 2022 10:51 AM
Jan 2017
Im dieing from all this wholesomeness, I cant be saved at this point, since the thing that's saving me is killing me from inside with all this wholesomeness thats supposed to save me.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jan 20, 2022 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
I'm no fan of Bojji's action style in this episode to be honest, seems more like the kind of thing a Shiki Tohno could use more to be honest from Tsukihime. The episode dragged for me for sure and doesn't look at its best but still looks good enough overall to do the job for these episodes before the big climactic ones for this season. It was nice seeing Hiling reunite with Bojji and be on good terms with him again, she's had a lot of introspection to do about her relationship with him and how much she cares for him and it shows. She even accepts and bonds with Kage despite their clashing personalities and worked her ass off with healing and using her powers over and over in this episode. Saving grace of the episode for sure seeing how her character's come along. Dorshe too had his good moments here as well. Bojji's characterization though doesn't really scream to me yet and the fighting style and how rushed that idea of training was makes him still feel hollow to me and me not really be excited for seeing him in battle doing the protecting for once, especially since he felt like a side character for a good chunk of these latest few episodes. I get the fighting style approach, but it feels contrived for me and not my thing with how the series executed it with his lack of screentime and progress shown in his development over time. At least he's got the spotlight back on him now with many elements to the story established now in the mean time. Better pacing would have helped with all this but that's just my opinion. Still feeling really indifferent to this series right now, this episode was okay but not as impactful as I would have hoped for barring the Hilling character arc cycle and felt a bit boring at times.
animejasJan 20, 2022 10:56 AM
Jan 20, 2022 11:11 AM

May 2021
Liked this epiosde really. What happened to Dorshe was quite brutal; my man still tried to keep going despite missing an eye and a leg.
Bosse loves both Miranjo and Hiling but feels conflicted between the two. For now tho, he chose Miranjo. I look forward to more of his characterization.
Hiling and Bojji's reunion was not as heartwarming as I was expecting but good enough.
Bojji's action sequences seem like a bit of a step-down compared to his previous fights; hope that improves.
Overall, the fight seems to have resolved and the Gateway to the Underworld is about to be explored.
Some nice setup there. Looking forward to the next one.

Jan 20, 2022 11:26 AM
Oct 2021
deg said:
damn 2 episodes in a row that the animation quality drop to mid levels, i guess their production time buffer is now all gone huh so production schedule is tightening moving forward

Yeah I did'nt expect the animation to drop like that... 2 episodes in a row :(
Hope the animation for the climax in part 2 will be awesome
Jan 20, 2022 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
Rolls2122 said:
deg said:

ye hopefully but at least the final episode and some climax episodes of any anime is usually a sakuga fest
Jan 20, 2022 11:34 AM
Oct 2021
deg said:
Rolls2122 said:

ye hopefully but at least the final episode and some climax episodes of any anime is usually a sakuga fest

Yes but still, I don't remember a Wit show that has such a poor animation in fights scenes,
I know it was just for 2 episodes for now, but... quite disappointing imo
Jan 20, 2022 11:55 AM
Oct 2016
Bojji and Hiling reunited so precious!!

Jan 20, 2022 11:57 AM
Oct 2016
deg said:

the animation still looks good, plus the direction made up for any shortcomings
Jan 20, 2022 12:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hilling can be my queen anytime. Such a great character
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 20, 2022 12:15 PM

May 2016
Farabeuf said:
Hilling can be my queen anytime. Such a great character
Exactly my thoughts she is really precious.
Jan 20, 2022 12:21 PM
Sep 2021
deg said:

They probably focus on the upcoming episodes rather than the "set-up" episodes we have now. The real war is yet to begin.
Jan 20, 2022 12:23 PM
Sep 2021
Another very great episode on my end, loved to see Bojji and Hilling reunite, see Bojji in action, learn more about Ouken, and also about Desha's connection to Miranjo.

Prediction : I think the reason Bosse backed down on saving Hilling is because he can't go against Miranjo's wishes due to the resurrection thing. He might be afraid she'd send him back to the grave, or the pact included a "You must not go against Miranjo".

In any case, I think he's being controlled partially, and is using of the tiny bit of freedom he has to screw Miranjo's plans.
Jan 20, 2022 12:24 PM
Mar 2020
Anime logic in full force lmao
Jan 20, 2022 12:30 PM
Nov 2020
I simply love Queen Hiling, love her totally awkward appearance when healing someone, so in contrast to those isekai characters that look as saints when they use healing magic! And then the affection that binds her to Bojji ♡ seeing them together in this episode moved me!
Jan 20, 2022 12:49 PM
May 2021
This episode was great; Dorshe's determination, Bojji's return (the looks on their faces when Bojji took down Gigan was nice to see).
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jan 20, 2022 12:57 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Dorshe uses all his strength to try fight back against the monsters even though he lost a leg. The snake Hilling and Boji saved came to save them both and instructed Queen Hilling to heal Dorshe which she did. Mitsumata unfortunately sustains a lot of damage trying to protect them and before he can get 1 shotted by that horrible orc monster, thing Boji and Kage save the day and provide more potions so Queen Hilling can heal him.
Boji and his fencing sword took down that monster instantly!!!!!! His training really paid off it seems.
Kage crying after Hilling insulted him by accident, not knowing how many times he saved Boji's life was funny xD. She got Dorshe to apologise for her lol.
The monsters were being controlled but they were healed and fine now. The big green orc was called Gigan and he has now swore his loyalty to Boji!
So Ouken knew the effects of immortality and he was a nice person it seemed.

Looking forward to the next episode!

AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 20, 2022 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
Not gonna lie. Even if I'm the biggest fan of Ousama Ranking, this episode felt pretty weak the way it was handled. Kage came in more stacked than an NPC merchandiser with MP potions. Queen Hilling managed to save everyone including MIranjo's beasts. Bojji made Giggan switch sides (although I'm expecting him to switch back anytime later on). Despa avoiding to face Ouken face to face (although I'm expecting a valid explanation down the way). Probably the only thing I liked about this episode was the information of how Bojji manages to shatter atoms and the cliffhanger of Desha finding the road to the underworld (whatever that means).

Still, even if this is the lowest point of the series, in metrics is not as low at the highest peak in my books.
Jan 20, 2022 1:45 PM
Sep 2021
Kimurah said:
Not gonna lie. Even if I'm the biggest fan of Ousama Ranking, this episode felt pretty weak the way it was handled. Kage came in more stacked than an NPC merchandiser with MP potions. Queen Hilling managed to save everyone including MIranjo's beasts. Bojji made Giggan switch sides (although I'm expecting him to switch back anytime later on). Despa avoiding to face Ouken face to face (although I'm expecting a valid explanation down the way). Probably the only thing I liked about this episode was the information of how Bojji manages to shatter atoms and the cliffhanger of Desha finding the road to the underworld (whatever that means).

Still, even if this is the lowest point of the series, in metrics is not as low at the highest peak in my books.

It means Desha found the portal that Miranjo used to go get her 6 bandits and the dogs in the Underworld. So he's gonna take it with his army, and appear in the basement of the Castle where Domas and Hokuro are headed (as we saw last episode).

As for the episode, they clearly want to save themselves for the big fights that are coming & Ranking of Kings is not about Killing, it's about love and recognition.

Jan 20, 2022 1:46 PM
May 2020
bojji's skill is actually disgustingly scary. to be able to pin point the atomic composition of an item and break it is mad. bojji the goat
Jan 20, 2022 1:51 PM

Jan 2021
Overall a good episode and I'm enjoying the series so far despite the animation getting more sluggish in these past two episodes. My only complaint throughout the series and especially prevalent in this episode is "is anyone going to actually die?" The queen is so OP for healing and while its a cool ability, it takes away from the stakes of the show. She heals the knight lady, her bodyguard, the giant snake, and all the attack dogs, with little to know strain. She runs out of MP and then has to chug down mana potions but there's no long term affects to her health. When you think about it what are the stakes when she can literally heal anyone and afterwards be pretty much fine.
Jan 20, 2022 1:59 PM

Jun 2019
My heart can't take this at all... All I see is how adorable Bojji is. He even tried to help with all that fire when he didn't have any strength, that was so cute. And, then Hilling giving him that hug was so precious. Hilling is Bojji's real mom. I love her so much. Kage is the best friend only a few people can dream of. I love all these characters so much.

This show is just too freaking pure. I love it.
Jan 20, 2022 2:07 PM

Jan 2009
@Rolls2122
@Dukino
@MiniFreeza

found this on reddit

about sakuga said:
Fairly consistent with the source material (as mentioned), but the episodes are far more reserved production wise - I think it doesn't really elevate what is happening (especially emotionally) as well as it did in the first cour, which would be the source of your concern.

That being said, this is fairly consistent with most shows that continuously air for two cours straight - the middle episodes are competent but not as strong as the ones that surround them, essentially.

I wouldn't worry too much, from what I've seen the production is still ahead of schedule (and certainly not melting), they are likely just prioritizing bigger episodes. This episode was outsourced (I believe Prod IG similar to episode 8?) - but some of the previous big names; such as Gosso (ep. 7) and Imai (ep. 9) for example, have hinted at working on future episodes too. So definitely lots of juicy bits to come!

I still really like what is happening, just presentation is not as spectacular as before for these past couple, but that should be changing soon enough!

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/s8o89w/ousama_ranking_episode_14_discussion/hthpzke/
Jan 20, 2022 2:28 PM

Feb 2021
Honestly for me this second cour has been far inferior to the first, it feels like every episode drags on and not much happens besides some rather lackluster fights.

The animation and overall direction too seems to have fallen a little.
I hope now things develop more because not much happened between this and the last episode.
Jan 20, 2022 2:50 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
YES THE 2 (or 3...?)-HEADED GIANT SNAKE DIDN'T DIE THANK FUCK

For the show to really excel and to keep its identity, it'd be preferable to have the focus primarily on Bojji most of the time. Of course all these more side plots about the kingdom and the conspiracy surrounding it are by no means not interesting and are no doubt crucial to the overall story. It just feels in the past few episodes, Bojji has become Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit movies, pretty much taking a backseat in his own show. We Bojji's presence to remain prominent, with all the other story lines converging on and supporting him. It's not really an issue, more of a nitpick really, and it's been laid to rest for at least this episode with Bojji getting shit done. I just hope that whoever wrote this story did not lose sight of Bojji in the grand scheme of the overarching story. Because I think for most of us, it was this little guy that made us come to love this show.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 20, 2022 2:58 PM

Sep 2018
This show really has gone full shounen now, hasn't it? This is where I suspect people will start to lose the hype, which I saw coming from a hundred miles away, mind you.

The average fights, the ass pulls (literally, Kage saving the day with multiple potions which just so happened to be the ones that Hiling required), the just in the nick of time moments, the sympathy and changing of sides after defeat, etc.

The pacing and direction of the show has gone down the drain as well.
Jan 20, 2022 3:07 PM
Sep 2021
deg said:
@Rolls2122
@Dukino
@MiniFreeza

found this on reddit

about sakuga said:
Fairly consistent with the source material (as mentioned), but the episodes are far more reserved production wise - I think it doesn't really elevate what is happening (especially emotionally) as well as it did in the first cour, which would be the source of your concern.

That being said, this is fairly consistent with most shows that continuously air for two cours straight - the middle episodes are competent but not as strong as the ones that surround them, essentially.

I wouldn't worry too much, from what I've seen the production is still ahead of schedule (and certainly not melting), they are likely just prioritizing bigger episodes. This episode was outsourced (I believe Prod IG similar to episode 8?) - but some of the previous big names; such as Gosso (ep. 7) and Imai (ep. 9) for example, have hinted at working on future episodes too. So definitely lots of juicy bits to come!

I still really like what is happening, just presentation is not as spectacular as before for these past couple, but that should be changing soon enough!

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/s8o89w/ousama_ranking_episode_14_discussion/hthpzke/

I didn't have any doubts that it would get back to its original level soon, but thanks for the Info ;)

I believe in WIT Studio, they're my favorite anime studio so I know they'll do it justice, and a few episodes a bit average aren't gonna make me lose faith.

Bring it on, WIT Studio ! <3
Jan 20, 2022 3:13 PM

Jan 2009
MiniFreeza said:
deg said:
@Rolls2122
@Dukino
@MiniFreeza

found this on reddit

I didn't have any doubts that it would get back to its original level soon, but thanks for the Info ;)

I believe in WIT Studio, they're my favorite anime studio so I know they'll do it justice, and a few episodes a bit average aren't gonna make me lose faith.

Bring it on, WIT Studio ! <3

good for you but i thought with the simple character design that are easy to draw for animators then they can be consistent with the sakuga fights whenever there are fight scenes at least

the 1st cour totally spoiled me i guess
Jan 20, 2022 3:31 PM

Aug 2020
Bojji saved the day! I'm so happy, this episode is just fulfilling. I can't wait for the next ep.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 20, 2022 3:38 PM
Jul 2018
The mysterious swordsman had a quote about him I found it interesting, in the past he was kind and doesn't even seem like he with the details quoting.

The fights were fun and cool.
Jan 20, 2022 3:39 PM

Jun 2015
This is the first episode I would call bad. All the healing and banter wasted the tension built in the previous episodes, and the way Bojji finally showed his growth to Hilling/Dorshe seemed more silly than cool.

The dialogue was hella stiff too, especially between Kage and Hilling (what even was that?). Also, Hilling's almost tsundere behavior with Bojji felt out of place. There should've been more crying, less talking there.

The last few minutes came in to save the episode, with some actually interesting stuff going on with Despa, Desha and Ouken.
Jan 20, 2022 3:47 PM

Jul 2021
Bojji finally arrived at the castle and showed the results of his training with Despa. Thanks to his current strength he even gained a new servant.
I'm looking forward to the next episode!
asdasdsadad
Jan 20, 2022 3:59 PM

Mar 2016
This episode continues to confirm to me how absurd Ousama Ranking is despite the high praise I'm seeing from the majority of the masses.

Kage somehow be stashing shit into his Doraemon-like pockets like some heavy duty MMO gamer. Boji out here like Luffy turning baddies into good guys to be part of his crew. Nobody notably important died here despite all the hilarious cases of false death flags. The fighting was still so dragged out. The training with Boji didn't felt like good payoff because of how convenient the results turned out to be.

At least Hilling's segment was nice. She was the only character I found myself caring much about.
RyuseishunJan 20, 2022 4:04 PM
Jan 20, 2022 4:04 PM

Mar 2014
I understand it's a fairytale but healing a demonic beasts which just moment ago were devouring your friend alive? Ridiculous.
Jan 20, 2022 4:30 PM

Sep 2020
Ouken: immortal, invincible and possibly with an unbreakable molecular structure? I'd say he could be considered every warrior's antithesis, not just Bojji's.
Jan 20, 2022 5:20 PM
Nov 2021
Episode was good, although idk how it matters if the green giant swears his loyalty to Boji since he's a fugitive and the whole premise of those guards is they always capture and return prisoners that escaped.
Interesting that Hiling has to drink potions to use magic.
Jan 20, 2022 5:47 PM
Aug 2014
GakutoDeathGlare said:

The average fights, the ass pulls (literally, Kage saving the day with multiple potions which just so happened to be the ones that Hiling required), the just in the nick of time moments, the sympathy and changing of sides after defeat, etc.

What you say makes zero sense, as usual. We don't know of any other 'potions' in the realm of the show. We already saw the potions hilling used when she first healed Bojji. Then we saw that kage had produced the potions to despa, meaning he had them in his possession from the get go. *yawn* next?

It was not in the 'nick' of moments. Many things happened. Bojji could have come when before Apeas intervened. He could have come when Dorshe was downed the first or second time. He could have come when Ouken cornered Hilling. He arrived as the events perpetuated naturally.

Bojji had always had sympathy for everyone and everything. He respected the snake who bit him in the first place as undeserving of being killed. It's funny you think ultra compassionate characters cannot exist without being shounen and say it like it's some kind of insult. Another poor observation.

Seriously it's so laughable that you think you're some kind of intelligent baboon. You have an extremely poor perception of the show and are a slave to your predispositions. You will not like this show no matter what happens, we get it. You don't have to make up falsities. All your threads got nuked by mods because they started nonsensical topics that had nothing but poorly equipped opinions. You 'suspected' the show would have been gone 'down the drain' and 'lose hype' so many times, I'd be a millionaire with every time but you were wrong every time and this show just keeps gaining traction.

Write a blog loser.
LockHowlJan 20, 2022 5:50 PM
Jan 20, 2022 6:02 PM

Feb 2014
On one side we have the kindest Bojji who's growing up strong while on the other there's Ouken who used to be kind but has now lost himself all too powerful. Hope Bojji does not turn up that way.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 20, 2022 6:54 PM
Oct 2019
StregAnna77 said:
I simply love Queen Hiling, love her totally awkward appearance when healing someone, so in contrast to those isekai characters that look as saints when they use healing magic! And then the affection that binds her to Bojji ♡ seeing them together in this episode moved me!

Right?! She looks like "I am gonna keep you alive whether you like it or not!"
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

109 by filoshi »»
Yesterday, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

231 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

224 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2022

119 by Lanz »»
May 22, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

110 by Lanz »»
May 20, 11:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.