Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2021 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
Ooh, an episode to find Yuzuki. Interesting. I think Tamahiko and Ryou also has an unique chemistry.

Glad to see that they found her but yikes, the story she told was depressing. Luckily, Kotori is also present in this epsiode and her singing bought hope to the people. If you ask me, this episode had a good balance of emotions.
Stark700Dec 17, 2021 11:04 AM
Dec 17, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2016
They did a good job portraying of how much of a disaster the great kanto earthquake was, what a tragedy. But good that they found Yuzu, and good for Tamahiko too, his old self would lost hope the moment he would see the disaster in front of him, but not anymore, he changed, Yuzu changed him.

Also Tamahiko uncle is a cool dude.
Dec 17, 2021 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
I really think they put a lot of emphasis into how bad the Great Kanto Earthquake was.

Man that's rough what they went though.

In regards to the anime though I thought It was really well done. That ending had me like T_T

God I hope nothing bad happens.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 17, 2021 11:33 AM
Dec 2020
actually insane how big the earthquake was, I remember seeing the imagine someone put in the last ep forum, but ye.

didn't want this episode to end, waiting another week, but its worth it, this series has been quite nice.
some people...
Dec 17, 2021 11:44 AM
Oct 2016
Walking into hell on earth seeing the remnants of that earthquake in Tokyo. An absolutely brutal episode with Tamahiko traveling to Tokyo trying to find Yuzu in all that chaos. My heart was broken most of the episode until that final scene. The absolute devastation that took place in that city. We saw last episode and at the beginning of this one that even the small villages were shaken by the earthquake. Anyone living near the coast had most of the buildings around them destroyed. Tamahiko did the right thing letting the villagers whom couldn't go anywhere stay at his house since it's got lots of space and one of the few structures still standing.

Ryo tagging along with Tamahiko traveling to Tokyo so she can find her brother, nice for someone to be there with Tamahiko on the journey so he doesn't get too down in the dumps. His uncle acknowledged something very important, that Yuzu has changed Tamahiko a lot. Something that he himself remarked later on about how Yuzu has effected all them like a spring breeze. I started to tear up towards the end when Tamahiko happened upon those kids who were trying to protect Yuzu. He finally found her, holding her so close after being away for so long.
Dec 17, 2021 12:02 PM
Sep 2015
I imagine anime in the next century could use 2011 Tohoku tsunami as a plot.
Dec 17, 2021 12:13 PM

Jan 2018
Man this was a great episode. The emotions went off the roof I'd say even though the outcome was pretty predictable.

I just wish it had a slightly better animation. Some scenes could definitely use some touch-ups.

Next week is the last episode. I'm not ready.
Dec 17, 2021 12:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm really relieved, at least he found Yuzu and even though she seems wounded she's alive
Dec 17, 2021 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
Holy cheeseballs 30 ri (about 73 miles) O_O?! That's a long way to travel. If it's for a loved one, its possible.

Tamahiko has come a long way from episode 1. Became a better brother and overall kind hearted.

Of course the kids were going to lead him to Yuzu. Gotta admit things were looking pretty dark there. Glad she's still alive. Now how will they wrap this up?
Dec 17, 2021 12:52 PM

Apr 2012
Two words :
Internal... Bleeding
Janethan23Dec 17, 2021 12:56 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 17, 2021 12:56 PM

May 2021
Great episode! The aftermath of the earthquake in Tokyo was devastating...
Everyone is looking for people they know and hoping they aren't dead. Tamahiko looks for Yuzu and Tamako helps him. They find Midori who tells them that her and Yuzu were separated by the crowd at one point and she lost consciousness. Tamahiko also stumbles upon Hakaru and Kotori who are going around Tokyo lifting people's spirits.
Eventually, he finds Yuzu from some children she helped! She isn't in the best condition unfortunately.
This episode was amazing to watch and it really showed Tamahiko's dedication to finding Yuzu and was quite emotional as well.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 17, 2021 1:50 PM

Jul 2021
It's great to see that Tamahiko and Tamako are getting along well now.
In the end, Tamahiko managed to find Yuzuki, but it's still not possible to know if everything will end perfectly well.
asdasdsadad
Dec 17, 2021 3:15 PM

Mar 2016
Janethan23 said:
Two words :
Internal... Bleeding

Man, even a simple flu could kill someone back in the day, I hope Tamahiko's uncle is really a damn good of a doctor.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 17, 2021 3:27 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Great episode, I thought this one would be mostly sad because of the situation, but there was surprisingly a lot of really nice moments in this one, Tamahiko really went through great lengths to find Yuzu, as did Ryo for Ryotaro, Tamako was even helping the injured as well. I especially liked the scene where Kotori and her brother were playing music for people, I absolutely love seeing people helping others in dire situations like this, I won’t lie it brought several tears to my eyes (I didn’t cry I promise). The scene at the end where Tamahiko finally finds Yuzu was great too, as I expected it to be.

And it pains me so, but next week is the final episode, I have super loved this show until the end, definitely a favorite of mine from this season.
Dec 17, 2021 3:36 PM

Aug 2020
thank god Yuzu's alive ( ๏ผ›∀๏ผ›)

» [The World's Continuationใ€ไธ–็•Œใฎใคใฅใใ€‘- UTA/Ado โ™ช] «
0:00 ใ€‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 4:55
โ†บ |โ— II โ–ท| โ™ก

โœฆ Come and Join us! โœฆ
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary โœฟ
โœฟ DeaD Blossoms โœฟ
Dec 17, 2021 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Yuzu was found after this chaos after the earthquake one cool thing is that people talk about Tamahiko having changed and they really changed with Yuzu's presence he really it matters about her and cares about her I think if was emphasis in that.
removed-userDec 17, 2021 4:12 PM
Dec 17, 2021 4:15 PM

Jan 2015
Thankfully Tamahiko and Ryou's struggle in search for the person their looking for paid off. All thanks after knowing Yuzu. :)

Oh yeah, (talk about Tamahiko and Ryou... could it be?) Naah, just my imagination. :V
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 17, 2021 4:18 PM

Nov 2019
After seeing all the destruction, I'm glad they managed to find Yuzu's friend, then the girl herself (who heled those kids, I had a feeling she might've been connected to them)

The range of emotions were immense and they all flowed so well, a wonderful episode... and I can't help but wish next week wasn't the finale, but alas all good things must come to an end
Dec 17, 2021 4:37 PM
Nov 2020
Damn, watching and reading too much hentai has messed me up ....I keep thinking something lewd is gonna happen between Tamahiko and Tamako lmao
Dec 17, 2021 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
And with that, it went from the most wholesome show of the season to the most depressing show of the season...
Dec 17, 2021 4:46 PM
Jun 2015
Awesome episode as always, though they left out some character development scenes out. Will go into more detail in spoilers for those interested.
Dec 17, 2021 5:35 PM

Jul 2017
At first, it was Yuzuki being trapped in Tokyo from the Great Kanto Earthquake, but it turns out that Ryotaro was in the same predicament, so Ryou accompanies Tamahiko in the face of this grave historical incident to find both Yuzu and Ryotaro.

The haunted visions of Tokyo decimated and Tamako noticing her older brother didn't help things sound better. His uncle who operated on his recovery, he's able to see another side of his younger brother, and that shows something when a sold-off slave like Yuzu is able to change the Shima Family starting from Tamahiko and Tamako.

The search begins split-end with everyone trying to find their loved ones, and it's a depressing sight. An arduous effort to find 2 girls and a boy seems implausible the more they assume that Yuzu could be dead, especially for the 13-year-old younger sister. By chance, Tamahiko found Midori when she was praying for her baby in her belly, and what a misunderstanding that she's gonna commit suicide (as with the bridge effect of past). Midori's re-acccount only made things sound worse, and while the manga made it look like a simple open-and-shut case, I appreciate the anime expanding the story with the inclusion of the Shiratori siblings.

The Spring storm that Yuzu has done to connect all of them together, and with the help of some children finding their parents...the mention of Yuzu is finally a breakthrough for him to see that Yuzu is badly injured and unconscious from her injuries.

Hopefully Yuzu is able to stay alive (though I know she will).
Dec 17, 2021 7:51 PM

Oct 2018
FUCK that legendary earthquake! first it ruined everything on Mars Red, and now here… It's got to be one of the worst villains in anime ever.
Dec 17, 2021 9:34 PM

Dec 2020
god imagine how many people were in the same spot as tamahiko, and how many of them didn't manage to find their yuzu. devastating.

but im so glad he found her, mf hella strong too now lol he's carrying her with ONEE hand. being supported by his scarf yes but still, she at least weighs 30kg and not in just a weight ball form, a whole ass human
Dec 17, 2021 10:23 PM

Jul 2021
Man this episode was a real tear jerker, I'm glad they managed to add some wholesome and a funny moment in between. I think this was the first episode which they didn't start with "Sweet maiden smelling like flowers" line.

The build up to Tamahiko and Ryou finding Midori chan was really tense, I mean we knew they can't kill off Yuzu but still. Kotori chan and Hikaru kun are doing a great job of uplifiting the spirits of people by singing in this time of disaster.

A boy snatches onigiri from Tamahiko and tries to run away but stops when his sister falls behind him, it was sad to see how the kids were scared that Tamahiko was going to hurt them. Tamahiko let them have the onigiris and learns about their big sister who is not their biological sister but someone who helped the kids. At this point I think everyone predicted that the big sister has gotta be Yuzu. Tamahiko rushes in the destroyed house to find Yuzu lying on the floor, he asks the kids to inform about all this to Kotori chan and others and Tamahiko carries Yuzu to a safe place.

Next episode is gonna be the last one, I'm gonna miss this anime. Hoping for a wholesome episode next week, one tear jerker episode is more than enough, gimme cute Yuzu x Tamahiko moments now.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 17, 2021 11:39 PM

Oct 2016
Man, this episode went by so fast for me, in a depressing way. Great episode! We got some great Ryo and Tamako moments though. Glad we got lots of Tamako in this episode, but wished it wasn't in a dire situation like this, I hope for some peak wholesomeness for the season finale.
Dec 17, 2021 11:45 PM

Jan 2021
It hurts when the person we like makes us fall in love with them even more when we are fully aware that we have no chance at all.. even though I didn't like her, I felt sorry for her. I hope she finds happiness and someone who treats her special soon.

It was a very scary earthquake. I personally don't know what it would be like if I was in Tamahiko's position. Tamahiko is great! He really has changed into a much better person, even his response to Midori is also very mature.. it's all thanks to Yuzu :") Therefore, it's no wonder he is willing to walk as far as possible and for days to find Yuzu, the person who is most dear and important in his life.

It's also a relief to see Ryo can meet her younger brother safely.

Next week is the last episode, I hope that Yuzu gets better and they can spend time together again..

Dec 18, 2021 2:07 AM

Oct 2017
I'm so glad Tamahiko found Yuzu. That last scene made me tear up a bit.
Dec 18, 2021 7:40 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
They changed this scene a little bit. Midori and Yuzu were together and she was the one who actually led them to Yuzu. Those 2 kids were just filler characters. Still good though.
Dec 18, 2021 8:42 AM

Aug 2021
I'm so happy that everything turned out well. I converted 30ri to km and it was 117km. Tamahiko decided to walk all the way to Tokyo for Yuzu. My heart is so full.
Dec 18, 2021 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
The scenes from Tokyo and just seeing Tokyo Station still standing as one of the only building out there was pretty worrying. Not surprising to see both Tamahiko's Uncle and Tamako are also there in Tokyo, for such a catastrophe to happen, any available doctor will be moved to the center of it all. Tamako was, despite the very serious situation, really cute this episode.

So glad that Tamahiko was able to find Yuzu, but she looks to be in a bad shape. I can already imagine Tamahiko collapsing after getting back to his Uncle for him to treat Yuzu. Finale episode next week already, time goes far too quick man.

Dec 18, 2021 2:27 PM

Apr 2020
Kanto is just decimated, every corner you look is nothing but rubble, death, and struggles, and that's what Tamahiko went through this episode.

September 1923, can't believe the real event took place nearly a century ago, but somehow they portrayed the disaster really well, looking into how hellish the situation is on the ground. But after a series of drawbacks and fortune, our boy found our girl, thanks to those siblings. Now let's see how this show seal the deal, I hope for a Season 2 after this.
Dec 18, 2021 3:02 PM

Apr 2008
misterreicchi said:
They changed this scene a little bit. Midori and Yuzu were together and she was the one who actually led them to Yuzu. Those 2 kids were just filler characters. Still good though.

Oh, so that's why it seemed so random for two kids to stay in such a devastation, waiting for anyone to pass and steal their food, instead of going anywhere else in search of help.

Still, this was such a good episode. I'm so glad to see Tamahiko growing so much and him and Tamako getting along so well. And with Kotori, her brother, and Ryou he's not alone anymore. And all thanks to Yuzu.
Dec 18, 2021 3:06 PM

May 2021
I liked the incorporation of the tragedy and the mix with all the characters with their input of their experiences with Yuzu. The only problem is that I can't really care about a tragedy without a clear repercussion (Yuzu will survive, they will do some emotional conversation and the issue will be closed, not really any risk), at most I can empathize with the feelings of Tamahiko

Dec 18, 2021 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
oh good lord Tamahiko-sama finally found Yuzu!
so sad this show would end next week...huhuhu
5/5.

Dec 18, 2021 8:10 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Wow such an emotional rollercoaster this episode. I was like there's no way that Yuzu dies in such a PG series, but I was starting to feel doubt as they showed how real that devastation was. Great episode.
Figures Yuzu would have been found helping others.
Dec 19, 2021 4:46 PM

Apr 2021
After going through so much I'm glad that Tamahiko could find Yuzu....man this episode was really awesome....next one's the finale...see y'all next week ^^
Dec 20, 2021 11:54 AM

May 2018
does anybody notices that Midori doesn't have her baby bump?

Ok, now guy finds his koibito.....
Dec 20, 2021 10:08 PM

Jul 2016
Easily, best episode of the series. Tamahiko became the true alpha male for his girl and surprisingly, I actually liked seeing Tamako this time. Not to mention I also found Ryou to be bearable for once.
But yeah, they indeed did a fantastic job at portraying how much of a tragedy The Great Kanto Earthquake was.
Dec 23, 2021 1:55 AM
Sep 2015
Even though I knew Tamahiko would find Yuzu, it was still a huge relief once he finally reached her. The devastation the earthquake brought is just insane. I can't imagine going through that. That scene in this episode where everyone is gathered desperately trying to find their missing loved ones, not knowing if they are alive or dead, gave me chills

1 more episode, I'm not ready for it to end
Dec 24, 2021 1:56 AM

Aug 2018
Yes!! Tamahiko Found Yuzu, PLEASE BE WELL.
Seeing all of Tokyo destroyed...damn.
One more chapter and it ends.
Dec 24, 2021 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
Reminded me of when I read Ghosts of the Tsunami

It's a nice book
Dec 24, 2021 11:53 AM

Nov 2017
Frank_86 said:
FUCK that legendary earthquake! first it ruined everything on Mars Red, and now here… It's got to be one of the worst villains in anime ever.

Well there's also it's big brother Tsunami. Foruntately that one remains rather quiet in anime.

plz @ me
Dec 25, 2021 5:04 PM
Dec 2019
It was a good episode. I'm glad Tamahiko found Yuzu in the end. In this episode it showed how much he cares about her and how much she means to him.
Jan 31, 2022 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
Here it goes, quest on finding Yuzu in post-earthquake Tokyo. Glad that Tamahiko lend her villa to the villager through the kid even though some elder didn't like him being a "Shima". Ryou also accompanying him to Tokyo as she also looking for her brother Ryoutaro.

They met some familiar faces along the way from Tamako, Tamanosuke(Tamahiko's uncle), Shiratori siblings and even Midori. Actually Midori was separated from Yuzu when a fire happened in their way. Tamako also join them on finding Yuzu and stay with Midori later while Ryou looking for her brother in another place. Tamahiko keep looking in desperation hoping for her beloved Yuzu to being Alive. Until he met pair of kids boy and girl whereas the boy try to steal his onigiri for him and his sister. That actually led Tamahiko to found Yuzu as Yuzu was the one who treat and helped the kids. The happiness and feel of relieve just burst out from him as he finally found her. With the help scarf that wrapped around his right arm he carry Yuzu and run to nearest hospital with tear of happiness in his face.

The scene where Tamahiko found Yuzu was different here, IIRC the one who led Him to Yuzu was Midori herself, so it seems they added the boy and girl as anime original.

Can't wait to see the aftermath and their meeting in the final episode :D
Feb 13, 2022 4:02 PM

Jul 2015
Glad Yuzu was found, must be terrifying, searching for days without knowing if she's alive.

Got to say although its to be expected that Yuzu wouldn't die, still sad to see the devastating of not only the great Kanto earthquake but natural disasters in general.

Jul 27, 2022 8:46 AM

Jun 2021
I’m glad to see Yuzu alive, even though she’s pretty banged up. Tamahiko really stepped up in this ep, respect! Those two have some incredible people around them.

All that’s left is to find the little bro. I hope the little man is ok…
Nov 2, 2022 6:29 AM

Dec 2013
Tamako is so cute in this episode! And I'm so happy that Tamahiko feels that he's not alone anymore and he got his friends helping him out

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Dec 3, 2022 8:21 PM

Aug 2017
Hmm I would like Yuzu to perish, and the main guy gets with Ryo. The end.

It would be a respectable twist in the story.
Oct 20, 2023 11:03 AM
Jul 2023
fiquei morrendo de medo da bixinha ter morrido, mas ai eu lembro q isso foi feito pra ser um romance fofo e entt paro de ter medokkk
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2021

55 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
Mar 14, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2021

104 by basskiller »»
Jan 11, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

52 by basskiller »»
Jan 6, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2021

45 by basskiller »»
Jan 3, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2021

47 by basskiller »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:45 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.