Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 31, 2021 6:33 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's right, if you have that ability I'm sure there's a meaning to having it., the power limit and the two girls as the last visitors? this is interesting, lol. It's surprising because Yuria is Mieru ko's girl and Miko just had a friend for mieru ko. it's just a little surprising that it was Yuria who told Miko about Mieru ko. Apart from that, the smackdown scene is quite interesting, lol and also obaa-san has cute teeth... Does Obaa-san not know what an intanetto is? I think the internet has been around for a long time.
Oct 31, 2021 6:34 AM

Jun 2019
I love the new girl, Yuria. She's so cute like every other girl in this show. She wanted to be the old Godmother's apprentice but as she ran out of business, Yuria has no choice now. But, just like Miko, she can also see these monsters and she realized soon that Miko is just like her. The misunderstandings on Yuria's end were hilarious. I hope they can talk about all this some other time.

Again, the old lady encounter was also good and kinda wholesome. Another great episode IMO. Gotta love this show.
Oct 31, 2021 7:21 AM

Apr 2010
Well it seems the small girl finally made contact and she is a weirdo, the question is what will she become for Miko and her friend.
And Miko's powers where useful ones again with helping out the old lady and her daughter, she performed a good deed.

Hopefully she will be able to use it for more useful things in the future.
Oct 31, 2021 7:22 AM

Jul 2020
miko on demon timing she dont play around fr
Oct 31, 2021 7:24 AM

May 2020
Finally some screen time for Yuria, who believes she has a special power to see those things same as Miko, but luckily she can't see those nasty and creepy ones. Also she's a girl who can easily misunderstand things to the point where she creates a completely different image of someone. But atleast now Miko has someone she can somewhat talk to about these things.

Mistaking old lady as a ghost, can't blame her.
Oct 31, 2021 7:25 AM

Jul 2017
Ooh, so Yuria (again, the translation calls her Yulia which sound off-putting) FINALLY gets her spotlight, and she's wanting to be taught under the Godmother as her apprentice? She is like Miko, but she's not afraid of seeing the spirits (albeit small ones), that's quite the stark contrast to Miko who's been afraid of them in all sizes.

Of course, what happened last episode has the Godmother packing her bags home, and Yuria missed her chance to be a medium. And that lies the similarity that Yuria recognized that she, like Miko, can see spirits. Haha I love that Miko is trying to play dumb with her poker face that Yuria absolutely cannot find out about, the confrontation is intense. The resolution is cleared, but Yuria certainly sees death stares.

The late night walk home, and the usual spirit encounter...only except that it's an actual person? Helping this old woman who's gone astray from her house, and the father's spirit that mutters some numbers to unlock a safe of precious memories enclosed, this spirit isn't bad at all! Another Samaritan job done on Miko's part, and I'm quite happy. Hana is just sharing her fanservice shots to Miko.

I love it when spirits are here for good, that's the mark of an excellent episode.
Oct 31, 2021 7:27 AM

Feb 2020
I was already waiting Yuria to get more screen time. She's a very cute and interesting character. That misunderstanding was so funny. xD

The segment with the old woman was pretty heartwarming.

SerafosMay 1, 7:17 AM
Oct 31, 2021 7:28 AM

Jun 2019
Finally, I can see some progress. I thought it's going to do the same thing until the last episode.
Oct 31, 2021 7:31 AM

Oct 2017
Yuria's an amusing girl and it was nice to see things from her pov. Interactions between her and Miko was funny and the misunderstanding was hilarious. The second half was weirdly heartwarming. Thou wow he got eaten the very next day.
Oct 31, 2021 7:32 AM

Nov 2019
Watch out! Serpent dropped out of nowhere! The Miko's special.

Interesting, so some of the ghosts aren't as dangerous as they seem. The safe password on the phone, was clutch to help her recover her memories

Oct 31, 2021 7:33 AM

Sep 2021
Yesss. Shin chara tonight, Ayaneru. 💞
Oct 31, 2021 7:40 AM

Sep 2017
Love a good ole fashion misunderstanding every now and then.
Oct 31, 2021 7:42 AM

Jul 2015
that last segment was so freaking sweet.. i got diabetes... and no fanservice episode.. hmmm

We are getting to see more and more of Ghost seeing people which is always nice.. and its the first time Mieruko acknowledge her ghosto seeing abilities to Yulia..

also Yulia feels like a russian name..
Oct 31, 2021 7:48 AM
Dec 2020
Before anything... 4 6 3 1. Well made eps with a great backstory with the grandma scene. I honestly thought that 4631 is mieruko phone password lol
Oct 31, 2021 7:51 AM
May 2021
My thoughts on Yulia: “What’s with this sassy…lost child?
Oct 31, 2021 7:56 AM
Aug 2021
well actually I was wondering what would happen if they interact with the ghost? Would they get posesed?
Oct 31, 2021 8:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm Yulia sure was unusual wanting to become the apprentice of a fortune teller. Still its nice that she's finally being introduced formally. Though i can't imagine being able to see ghosts as a kid was any fun. In a way the little ghosts are almost like crows. Given her gift its unfortunate that she wasn't able to enjoy any close friendships with her peers instead getting scorn from them. Miko's usage of wrestling moves to avoid reacting the the large ghost sure was quick thinking. Poor Yulia though suddenly getting choked. The granny and the ghost of her husband though was pretty curious. But its nice that the ghosts were used as part of the plot this ep instead of simply being scares. Overall a pretty fun ep that combined some nice character intro's via Yulia's entrance and some nice expansion of the lore with Miko's encounter with the granny's husband providing the key needed to bring her back to her senses.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2021 8:16 AM

Jan 2021
Great episode. Now we have an antagonist? Also expected Yuria to have a deeper voice for some reason. And the voiceover at the end said to expect "real crazy" ghosts next episode.

チュブリツァ

Oct 31, 2021 8:17 AM
Feb 2021
Another great episode filled with some emotionoshots. YURIA looks amazing and I found her more interesting than butt bun obsessed Hana.
Oct 31, 2021 8:26 AM

Dec 2017
Oh, finally Yuria's participation begins, I love the interactions that result because she can't see the ugliest ghost
Oct 31, 2021 8:35 AM

Jan 2016
hm they changed the order of some episodes , interesting
Oct 31, 2021 8:39 AM

Jan 2018
Finally Niguredo has a proper introduction. Her dynamic with Miko-chan is going to be fun with her totally misreading the intentions of Miko xD

The second segment of the episode was good. The (real) spirit Miko came across here didn't seem benevolent but he ended up doing good anyway.
RIP that guy getting eaten by some frog demon. I mean he's dead already but that must've sucked.
Oct 31, 2021 8:47 AM

Nov 2016
Yuria got some extraordinary plans for the future. She's still a rookie, tho.

Enjoyable episode again. Yuria's character switched things up nicely, lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2021 8:59 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Yuria finally opened up to Miko, and Miko finally had closure that she isn't alone... Just for Miko to choke out Yuria...
Oct 31, 2021 9:00 AM

Aug 2017
"I wish I could have a friend like that. I mean, not really"
This new girl is the best, the way she thinks is amazing. Her little chock after speaking with the old man and then seeing Miko, the way she misunderstood what Miko saying. I really hope they can become close friends later :D
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Oct 31, 2021 9:01 AM

Dec 2020
Lol that yuria can see the little things but the one that miko see are way too creepy.
I hope that they can be friends.

How she help the grandma and then that with the code of the safe nice.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 31, 2021 9:03 AM

Apr 2020
We have found a new waifu, her name is Yuria!!!

These two will definitely make a good friendship if it wasn't for misunderstandings. And wow a ghost actually helping Miko for once, now that's a game changer. Nice episode to recover from last week's tearjerker, where will our girl take us next time?
Oct 31, 2021 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
Felt like there was a lot more comedy in this episode. Holy Lord the sleeper hold scene had me crying. With Yuria being misled this series is only going to get better.

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 31, 2021 9:19 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

The OP is awesome, I don't know why it took me 5 episodes to realize that.

Yulia is pretty funny, looks like she can only see the small ones because her spiritual powers aren't at the level of Miko. Her interactions with Miko were funny though.

I was kinda hoping the whole thing wouldn't turn into a misunderstanding where Yulia believed that Miko just avoided them by luck but it ended up turning into a different kind of misunderstanding. Now she's terrified of Miko. xD

The second half was nice too, really liked how the grandma regained her mental acuity once she was able to open the safe. Goes to show how much your attachments can affect your mentality.
Oct 31, 2021 9:24 AM

Jun 2020
Yuria, best girld!!! Fight me!

One episode was enough to sell me on her. She is so damn cute and driven in her pursuit of the occult that only she sees... until now that is. I am just surprised she has never been to visit a psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist at this point; maybe her mother never noticed that her daughter talks or stares in a direction of nothing. And maybe she did but it is yet to be mentioned.

I expected her to be this stereotype of a edgy tsundere but I was mistaken and she is just a vulnerable girls seeing strange shit that she can not talk to anyone about. I was also wondering how did she managed to be unfazed by those ghosts, but it seems she can only see those harmless ones. Which makes sense. And that I love!
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Oct 31, 2021 9:28 AM

Mar 2016
it's good to see that a lot of episodes at the end focuses on wholesomeness instead of emotional shock towards Mieruko, still she needs a hug.
Oct 31, 2021 9:33 AM

Sep 2011
I loved this episode. I hope Yuria will become friend with Miko, they have to coopeate together to discover why they see the monsters lol The scene with the old lady was heartwarming.
Oct 31, 2021 9:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice to see Yuria, she knows about Mieruko's ability and she can see ghosts as well but only weak ones, that's why Mieruko feels kinda awkward with her especially when that BIG monster appeared... she had a good experience once again during the 2nd half fortunately, that was a perfect episode for Halloween, even though it could be a bit creepier xD
Oct 31, 2021 9:46 AM

Aug 2015
I really like Yuria ^^
I’m glad there wasn’t really any fan service this episode too ^^

Oct 31, 2021 9:48 AM
Jan 2021
Probably the best episode so far. The second half of the episode was really meaningful and I enjoyed how she might be coming to terms with what she’s supposed to do with her “gift”. It’s good getting some more Yuria too cuz she’s a fire character already.
Oct 31, 2021 9:57 AM
May 2021
This episode gave me hope for the plot to actually develop, was worried it was just going to be only comedic bits about her pretending not to see them. Especially the last segment with her helping the obaachan was nice; a time where she could realize she can take advantage of the situation and help people.
Oct 31, 2021 10:05 AM

Jul 2021
Liked this episode a lot. Last part was kinda wholesome. Btw this anime doesn't seem horror at all, those ghosts(?) are a bit creepy but not really frightening. Anyway the show's going pretty good uptil now, can't wait for the next episode

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 31, 2021 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
Yay Yuria is finally introduced. I wonder what makes them get these powers. More specifically, how do they have different ranges of what they are able to see.

So she wants to be an exorcist. If she can get increase her sight, then maybe. Wonder if there is a way to make the power stronger.

It's an amazing thing what can bring you back to remembering something. That was a good moment. Once again this power has its good moments.
Oct 31, 2021 10:11 AM
Aug 2017
The first leg of the episode has the most unsatisfatory plot, you can not deny how irritating is to see Mieruko not telling the truth about her power to Yuria. And here i was expecting things to change a little. Istead of having a development, the plot comes with the most silly resolution, just to stuck with the routine.

And what hurts more is that they're tossing the premisse away on purpouse, because when this narrative wants, it delivers good content like the (cat scene/her late father/and the old lady husband), but it feels like they're too lazy to aim to greater things with this plot.

Oct 31, 2021 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Yulia makes her proper entry this episode and she is pretty hilarious with her misunderstandings.Good episode.

Oct 31, 2021 10:31 AM

May 2021
Great episode! So it seems Yuria can see ghosts but has accepted they are part of her life and isn’t afraid of them. That being said, she can only see the small ghosts however…

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 31, 2021 10:50 AM

Nov 2019
This is honestly one of the saddest attempts of horror. Repetitive same shit every episode.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Oct 31, 2021 11:32 AM
Oct 2010
Looks like I'm in a minority that absolutely cannot stand the new girl.

I was hoping she was going to be introduced as something like a relative of the crazy old fortune scammer lady and have some kind of heritage with spirits, thereby being useful in moving Miko along to coming to grips with her ability to see what she does.

Instead she's a wannabe spiritualist bordering on chuuni levels of 'I'm special!'.

The latter bit where they dealt with the old woman and her safe memories was touching, and a good example of the things the show has done truly right in telling a story. Buuuut... those moments are a rarity, so I guess I'm dropping another one.

This season, man, first time since I started watching seasonal anime that I'm down to three series with one of them a likely drop.
Oct 31, 2021 11:34 AM

Oct 2021
From here on out the plot will get better and better, I look forward to the next chapters.
Oct 31, 2021 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
And here I thought she finally met someone who can udnerstand her. Damn it xD New girl has some comedic potential, but it's not exactly the direction I wish for this anime.
Again somewhat feelsy 2nd part. I like it and hope for more.
JustAnotherShiroOct 31, 2021 12:16 PM
Oct 31, 2021 12:23 PM
Jan 2015
Nice technical submission by rear-naked choke but technique is kinda sloppy.
Should go to Dagestan to train this stuff.
Oct 31, 2021 12:44 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting episode with Yuria getting into the story now as someone who can also see "things", just not on the level as Miko-chan. Obviously Miko-chan can't talk too much about it, but what she did say was misunderstood by Yuria... oh boy.

The scenes with the old lady was actually unexpected. Not all ghosts are evil beings and this ghost with the numbers he was saying was actually a safe-code, which was key to the old woman's memory. The ghost thanking Miko-chan and leaving was really great to see. I would love to see more of this, I wonder if this was one of these things of helping a ghost move on.
Oct 31, 2021 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
I liked the chapter it seemed to me a good success that Niguredou, Yuria was more of a comic rival than a simple friend who sees a ghost
Oct 31, 2021 2:26 PM

Jan 2015

Anyways, great episode. We’re now onto the juicy parts of the series
Oct 31, 2021 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
Miko is not alone now when seeing monsters now has another person who can see the same things she sees, this all proves that Miko is not the first person to see this.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

260 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 4, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

147 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 3, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

246 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

304 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 30, 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.