Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2021 4:19 AM
Apr 2021
See, I highly respect your opinion, so y'all have to respect mines.

Animation is the key of an anime, but it shouldn't make an anime famous just for animation. Demon Slayer, is a typical shonen, but when asked, most of us will say we like it for its animation. Thats not what should have happened. Now, OPM, 7DS, Black Clover are some popular so called bad animation anime, do you know why?

COZ THEY DON'T NEED GOOD ANIMATION TO BE THE BACKBONE OF THE SERIES AND CARRY IT ONLY FOR ITS ANIMATION.

Its not berserk or ex arm, y'all can criticise them all, but keep in mind most of us are not even paying to watch them.

So, good or bad, thank the animators and the studio.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 2021 4:25 AM

Aug 2020
OPM was fine show I never had any problem with the animation of second season Lowkey i enjoyed season 2 more than 1 season but here people are not ready to accept that some watch anime based on their animation and obviously we can only respect their opinion
"Fear is necessary for evolution. The fear that one could be destroyed at any moment"
-Aizen Sousuke
Aug 19, 2021 4:28 AM

Jan 2021
Tbh, I was never bothered by S2 animation (probably because it was my second anime) lol.
But it's still a 7/10 for me.
Aug 19, 2021 4:28 AM

Jun 2020
Season 2 sucked because it didn't have much screentime for the MC which is kinda rare(in a bad way).
Aug 19, 2021 4:55 AM
Jun 2021
I would have to disagree season 2 was good but considering how long we had to wait for it the animation wasn't worth it, Look at the Seven Deadly Sins for example the first 2 seasons were really good and now the show just gets clowned on because of the animation

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 19, 2021 5:04 AM
Aug 2020
For me season 2 was better than S1, the animation was obviously better on S1 but for me the story, characters designs... S2 was better. The only thing I hate from S2 was this shit of effects that had on fights, but this was corrected on Blu-ray.
Aug 19, 2021 5:42 AM
Apr 2021
Yeah, the animation wasnt as bad as ppl say. What i dont understand is why ppl dont complaim about the sound effects, which are literally from csgo (https://youtu.be/XgDAIjrB4QU)
Aug 19, 2021 6:00 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay i think i'm blind. I just watched the second season and i liked it. But tbh. it is a long time ago that i watched the first season and maybe thats the reason i did not compare the animation quality.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 19, 2021 6:07 AM
May 2016
Anyone shitting on one punch man season 2 for the slight drop in quality in animation is braindead and is the exact same people bitching on attack on titan final season for having tOo mUcH cGi. Square up thots, season 2 was good, the fact that it had less saitama and more everyone else was great and the best part about it was Garou. The animation didn't even drop that much, it's barely noticable, if it didn't get announced that Madhouse wouldn't be incharge of S2. Grow up
Aug 19, 2021 6:33 AM

Oct 2020
I dont care that much for Animation, and even with the best Animation possible my opinion on the second season would be the same. The problem was somewhere else with that season
Aug 19, 2021 6:52 AM
Jan 2021
I personally think s2 is better than s1 and i even enjoyed s2 more. I had no problem whatsoever with the animation it was pretty good
Aug 19, 2021 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Season 2 animation is not bad at all. Still enjoyable at some point. Fight scene wise.
Aug 19, 2021 7:42 AM
Oct 2017
well animation isn't something insignificant to an anime

some anime are popular bcz of the story like steins;gate

some are popular bcz of animation like jujutsu kaisen or demon slayer

some are popular bcz of the characters like some harem anime

each of these shows have something special about it, and its up to people to think if that special thing justifies rating it a 10 or not, its called an opinion, so the words "that not what should have happened" is idiotic
Aug 19, 2021 7:51 AM
Mar 2019
Actually animation matters a lot in anime. It's an audio-visual medium, so of course its main appeal is the way it uses visuals to convey its narrative, and animation is a big (even though not the only) part in this sense. More it is weird you mentioned OPM, considering season 1 is a vastly acclaimed anime mainly for the creative and fluid animation, while season 2 is heavily disliked for its inconstencies. Finally, Black Clover and 7 Deadly Sins are popular just because most anime fans enjoy every meathead action with some sakugas here and there, not because the script carries alone the series (actually not even the best animation in the world could make for how bad the narrative of these series is)
Aug 19, 2021 7:53 AM

Apr 2017
I don’t know how you guys can pretend there isn’t a noticeable difference between animation and art style of the two seasons. It either genuinely isn’t that much of an issue for you which is understandable or you’re intentionally settling for less just because your “glad you even get anything.”

The first season was praised for its comedy, action as well as its animation. You cannot pretend that you don’t understand why the first is much higher rated when you out the two side by side. While I did enjoy the second season, there’s a part of me that wished its animation was in the level of the first. The Siryuu and Garo vs multiple heroes fight were certainly good but it certainly lacked the spectacle for me. You cannot say that animation does not affect a show because if it didn’t then there wouldn’t be split fanbases.

Animation and sound is the unique feature people are getting with their favourite adaptations and while anything is better than nothing, you’d want to see the original artwork and scale to be appreciated and it doesn’t mean your “stupid” to want to see it when the bar had already been set.

I for one did take slight issue with the quality of the most recent attack on Titan for similar reasons as I believed I saw a pretty evident change in quality that others seemed to either didn’t see or ignored and whichever is the case is fine as ultimately it doesn’t take away of course from the great stories, but if you only cared about the story you might as well just listen to an audio book or better get stick with the source material because otherwise you’re just spearheading this argument that any animation is good animation as if we have to be eternally grateful to the animators and studios even if they’re being worked like dogs on limited resources.
Aug 19, 2021 7:58 AM
Aug 2021
I heard rumors about season 2 being complete trash .I watched the season at I liked it ,the storyline is just the same as in the manga( go read the fucking Manga) the animation wasn't even that bad.
But I'll be honest I'll give season 2 a 9/10 for story accuracy ,but 7/10 for Animation.so in average,its a solid 8/10
Aug 19, 2021 8:00 AM
Aug 2021
I heard rumors about season 2 being complete trash .I watched the season at I liked it ,the storyline is just the same as in the manga( go read the fucking Manga) the animation wasn't even that bad.
But I'll be honest I'll give season 2 a 9/10 for story accuracy ,but 7/10 for Animation.so in average,its a solid 8/10
Aug 19, 2021 8:09 AM
Mar 2019
Both season are easily a 9/10 for me
Aug 19, 2021 8:11 AM
Jun 2021
weeblet7890x said:

Animation is the key of an anime, but it shouldn't make an anime famous just for animation. Demon Slayer, is a typical shonen, but when asked, most of us will say we like it for its animation. Thats not what should have happened. Now, OPM, 7DS, Black Clover are some popular so called bad animation anime, do you know why?

COZ THEY DON'T NEED GOOD ANIMATION TO BE THE BACKBONE OF THE SERIES AND CARRY IT ONLY FOR ITS ANIMATION.

Its not berserk or ex arm, y'all can criticise them all, but keep in mind most of us are not even paying to watch them.

yeah you are right about it opm, Tokyo revengers, black clover dies have bad animation but it covers a big story line even we watch anime not for it's looks but for it's story and after some time we look after there animation quality also if story is simple then animation will take it to the next level of it.,!!!!
Aug 19, 2021 8:52 AM
Jan 2021
I mean your right I just want it to atleast be normal animation like I don’t get why people say one punch man season 2 animation was bad it was good for me I just didn’t like the fact that saitama was only there for a few episodes but it was the same in the manga as well so I get it but the hero hunter was there to make the story good and all the side characters were also there so it fine.
I really like your take on this because people see a show with normal animation and say it’s bad like one punch man season 2.
Some shows do have bad animation like records of Ragnarok so you just read the manga read because the anime suffers from pacing issues also
Aug 19, 2021 8:55 AM
Jan 2021
KiR_T said:
Tbh, I was never bothered by S2 animation (probably because it was my second anime) lol.
I mean your right I just want it to atleast be normal animation like I don’t get why people say one punch man season 2 animation was bad it was good for me I just didn’t like the fact that saitama was only there for a few episodes but it was the same in the manga as well so I get it but the hero hunter was there to make the story good and all the side characters were also there so it fine.
I really like your take on this because people see a show with normal animation and say it’s bad like one punch man season 2.
Some shows do have bad animation like records of Ragnarok so you just read the manga read because the anime suffers from pacing issues also
Jaingargik06 said:
weeblet7890x said:

yeah you are right about it opm, Tokyo revengers, black clover dies have bad animation but it covers a big story line even we watch anime not for it's looks but for it's story and after some time we look after there animation quality also if story is simple then animation will take it to the next level of it.,!!!!
I think Tokyo revenges has normal animation no bad like 7ds
Aug 19, 2021 9:09 AM
Jun 2021
Jadentwist said:
KiR_T said:
Jaingargik06 said:
sorry but i didn't watch 7ds till now,well I'm only a beginner though, but I know that you wrote it after knowing something 😁(peace)
Aug 19, 2021 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
One Punch Man is an action anime with a lot of fights. Imo animation is very important in an anime like that. Season 2 wasn't the worst thing ever but I personally would probably have enjoyed it way more if it had just as high quality animation as S1.
Aug 19, 2021 9:19 AM

Nov 2020
Kaiokek said:
Anyone shitting on one punch man season 2 for the slight drop in quality in animation is braindead and is the exact same people bitching on attack on titan final season for having tOo mUcH cGi. Square up thots, season 2 was good, the fact that it had less saitama and more everyone else was great and the best part about it was Garou. The animation didn't even drop that much, it's barely noticable, if it didn't get announced that Madhouse wouldn't be incharge of S2. Grow up

For me the main issues with S2 were not so much the animation, but the direction and sound design. The entire tournament arc/monster invasion, which was a good chunk of the season, jumped from scene to scene with no attempt to craft a specific tone or build tension. It just felt awkward to watch, and the sound effects were glaringly out of place and distracting on top of it. It's a shame cause the animators clearly had talent and put effort in, with some really cool fight scenes (Garou vs Tank Top, everything in the last 2 episodes) but overall the animation itself is definitely a step down from the first season and I don't know how anyone can compare the two and say there's barely a difference. The art as well felt sloppy half the time, with characters not blending into the world as seamlessly as they should.

I will defend that direction is the most important aspect of any anime, and these issues with OPM S2 would've been easier to forgive if it felt and sounded right. That's why I still love AOT Final Season Part 1, yeah the animation was a slight downgrade, but the direction (alongside other aspects like art and sound design) felt right and successfully conveyed the tone we've come to expect from past seasons. For me that wasn't the case with OPM S2, and I hope JC Staff or whoever gets a more competent team with a better schedule next time.
Are ya winning, diners?
Aug 19, 2021 9:21 AM
Apr 2021
I do believe animation matters, animation is the first thing people see when starting an anime, it’s what pulls them in. If it’s bad, it will just push people away even if the content is fantastic.
Aug 19, 2021 9:23 AM
Feb 2021
I didn't feel any different between two seasons when I was watching it
Aug 19, 2021 9:23 AM

Apr 2018
If the animation doesn't matter then u are better off watching cartoons.

Aug 19, 2021 9:33 AM
Jan 2021
Jaingargik06 said:
Jadentwist said:
sorry but i didn't watch 7ds till now,well I'm only a beginner though, but I know that you wrote it after knowing something 😁(peace)
No I just wrote it to say that Tokyo revengers animation is not bad not hating
Aug 19, 2021 9:34 AM

Aug 2019
It matters, but it's purely down to the individual as to how much it matters to them.

I noticed a drop in quality from S1 to S2, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the series.

It was similar with Attack on Titan S4P1. I noticed a change, and a dip in quality at certain points, but the most disappointing aspect of that season was that there weren't any stand-out jaw-dropping sakuga moments like we had in every other season up until that point.

That was my only real criticism of that season alongside some of the OST, which seemed lifeless in comparison to Sawano's work in S1 through S3.

Aug 19, 2021 9:38 AM
Jun 2021
Jadentwist said:
Jaingargik06 said:
No I just wrote it to say that Tokyo revengers animation is not bad not hating
sorry , I'm really sorry, no...no. im sorry
Aug 19, 2021 9:43 AM
Oct 2019
Gonna respect your opinion, but also respectfully disagree:

Often, animation is what makes anime stand out from other mediums; saying animation doesn’t matter in anime is like saying that eggs don’t matter when you’re baking a cake, since both are part of the foundation that yields a potentially great anime/cake, or breaks one entirely. Animation doesn’t have to be perfect, just like eggs don’t have to be of utmost quality, but an anime should be presentable at the very least.

What happened with the transition from OPMS1 to OPMS2, just like other shows that have experienced downgrades in animation (AOTS3 -> S4, HaikyuuS3 -> S4), is that in a prior season, beautiful and fluid animation effectively set the standard for the quality of animation in any seasons going forward. Many got their expectations high, and why shouldn’t they, only to be disappointed when a budget decrease or studio change is the catalyst for the downgrade in animation. Disappointment often leads to lower user reviews than an anime may actually be worthy of, only because they knew that said anime could be so much better. In the anime that I had just listed, I would confidently say that all of the latter seasons end up being quite inferior to their former seasons, as a key element of the show experienced a very noticeable downgrade.

And while we’re on the topic, if an element of a anime (such as its animation) is exceptional, it can elevate a show enjoyment and reviews despite the show being of a typical nature. Demon Slayer is a typical shounen, but it is a shounen anime that has a very good execution, and its sakuga moments only add to it, resulting in many ratings of 8s or 9s (10s I would find a little absurd, but perhaps that’s just me).

To conclude, animation is definitely one of if not the most important things in an anime IMO, but for me the true determiner of a show’s rating has to be the personal enjoyment factor, which in turn is often influenced by animation, story/plot, and characters. Thank you for your time, sorry to write an essay here.
JsupmajorAug 19, 2021 9:46 AM
Aug 19, 2021 9:44 AM

Jan 2009
youre right just make the One Punch Man MANGA Full Color instead than making anymore anime adaptation its very cheap for them that way too
Aug 19, 2021 9:49 AM
Jul 2021
Wait people think OPM animation is bad???
Aug 19, 2021 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
Truth be told, season 2 in the One Punch Man manga was better in art, fighting sequences, and story. The story wasn't different in either the anime or the manga. But I felt like the adaptation was rushed, especially for the Metal Bat vs Garou fight. But I do think some arguments by shounen haters can be bullshit. I don't even know how they can critique shounen from the perspective of a shounen fan if they don't even like the genre to begin with. While I do like the fights in shounen anime, nothing draws me more than the story. I also don't even know why the animation quality comes into question as far as the high rating of a show. Anime is a visual medium. Why would anyone expect low-tier animation especially from a battle shounen? Yeah you can still appreciate the story. But critiquing animation and art are valid criticisms in relation to the medium.
removed-userAug 19, 2021 10:02 AM
Aug 19, 2021 10:13 AM
Apr 2021
I actually gave it an 8 instead of a 7 because I found the animation of the fights really cool.
Aug 19, 2021 12:00 PM
Feb 2021
I honestly didn't have a problem with s2 animation,except for Saitama being Megamind.Garou's fight scenes were really enjoyable and Genos and the others had their moments as well
Aug 19, 2021 12:18 PM
Jun 2021
Exactly animation doesn't matter you can't hate an anime just because of its animation it might be good
A bad anime what do you do. Ignore It.

What do you do on MAL when you see a bad anime. Drop it Obviously
Aug 19, 2021 12:38 PM
Aug 2021
[quote=weeblet7890x message=64166565]See, I highly respect your opinion, so y'all have to respect mines.

No, we don’t, you can have an opinion even if it’s wrong. Fam, Season 2 of my One Punch Man was so fucking sorry, it ruined the hype of the first Season, every fight scene was a slide show, ridiculously sad.
Aug 19, 2021 3:43 PM
Nov 2016
Animation doesn't even matter? I have to respectully disagree, animation DOES MATTER A LOT in shounen or action animes like OPM.

The animation of OPM S2 wasn't horrible but it was kind of bad in the TV version, the BD version made it a bit better removing those shitty ghosting effect which plagued the TV version but still, it was a big downgrade compared to S1 and let's be honest, S1 set the standards way too high, if S2 doesn't reach those standards then obviously people are going to complain about it.

Unfortunately for OPM S2 not only was the animation mediocre compared to S1 but EVERYTHING ELSE was a downgrade as well, including the comedy, directing, OST, fight choreography (it had it's cool moments though) and last but not least, the sound effects were pretty bad as well.
Aug 19, 2021 4:43 PM
Jan 2021
In Omp I didn't bother for the animation that much, but season 1 all the jokes where fresh and less serious, there was less plot and kinda felt like a slice of life.
Season 2 the plot was interesting, Garo was a cool character but it didn't really make me laugh like s1 aswell it was missing an epic fight at the end of the season compared to s1
Aug 19, 2021 4:49 PM
Aug 2020
Imma be honest , I never pay attention to how good animation looks. That’s why I didn’t have a problem with s3 of 7ds. I literally only pay attention to the storyline/comedy and that’s what gets me if I like it or not, opm is hella entertaining so I like it 💀.
Aug 19, 2021 5:33 PM
Sep 2020
DaBushWhacker said:
Wait people think OPM animation is bad???
people (including me) think that s2's animation is a huge step down from s1. Why watch the anime at that point when the manga looks so much better.
Aug 19, 2021 8:57 PM

Jan 2020
well animation is important. But I still enjoyed opm season 2 regardless

Aug 20, 2021 3:37 AM
May 2021
The Animation was mediocre at best and bad at worst. But that wasn't even the problem. The story was boring and the new characters were meh and the old ones were given very little screen time.

It also ended on a cliffhanger like okay. I'm sure they're gonna pump out more shit and run the concept into the ground.
Aug 22, 2021 4:58 PM

Jun 2020
tbh I didn't even find the animation bad in s2
Aug 22, 2021 10:35 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah its honestly stupid people complain about this when its literally not the studios fault they had a much more limited budget and a lot less help than the studio that made season 1
Aug 24, 2021 12:33 AM
May 2018
weeblet7890x said:

Look, there are some shows that do one well and some that do the other well. It’s like how Forza games would be way less popular if the graphics were worse but Skyrim or even Undertale thrive despite having some pretty crap graphics. But each game has something going on for it. Aaand, all Kimetsu no Yaiba has going for it is animation.
Aug 24, 2021 12:37 AM

Jul 2020
Yeah bruh. I enjoyed this season as much as season 1 if not, more.
Because this season was introducing new heroes giving then development and giving them time to shine where in season 1 it was only Saitama punching Monsters. I know the majority didn't liked Saitama getting sidelined but I felt it was better this way.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 24, 2021 7:42 AM
Apr 2021
Scordolo said:
Because this season was introducing new heroes giving then development and giving them time to shine where in season 1 it was only Saitama punching Monsters. I know the majority didn't liked Saitama getting sidelined but I felt it was better this way.

Same in my case, lets hope s3 has both story and saitama.
Sep 11, 2021 6:36 PM

Aug 2020
weeblet7890x said:
Scordolo said:

Same in my case, lets hope s3 has both story and saitama.

S3 has a bit of Saitama, but S4 he will be there for like 5 minutes top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

369 by FedeMetal »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 8:55 PM

» Saitama an alien??

rikuhod - Jan 10, 2017

28 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 6:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.