Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 13, 2021 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
Before you start typing away about how weird some of the fandom is, that isn’t what I’m asking. I totally understand how bad the fandom can be, but judging how good an anime is off of its fandom isn’t right. If you refuse to watch MHA just because of the fandom, you are way to influenced by social media. The actual anime is pretty good and it has a wide range of love able characters, well choreographed fight scenes, and good animation.

So if anyone can answer my question please do. (No spoilers for the manga please)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 13, 2021 9:52 PM
Apr 2021
Everybody likes it but some people hate it because of the fandom
Jun 13, 2021 9:54 PM

Sep 2019
It's popular, a battle shonen, and the fandom doesn't necessarily have the best reputation, that's already enough for people to hate it , quite tragic.
Jun 13, 2021 10:04 PM
Oct 2017
It's been for a few years now, one of the most famous and most followed animes in the World. Lots of haters come along that as a combo.
Jun 13, 2021 10:04 PM
Jan 2016
Most that hate MHA don’t read the manga and don’t bother to look deep in the story so they just accept that its Just another standard Shonen when it isn’t
Jun 13, 2021 10:06 PM

Jan 2020
Popular long running battle shounens are set up to be hated by people on mal

Jun 13, 2021 10:07 PM
Jan 2021
Most likely because it's popular. Unfortunately that's how it is with everything. No matter how many people like it there will always be people who dislike it and feel the need to tell you not to like it either. At the end of the day I just choose to ignore others opinions on shows until I've made my own opinion on it.
Jun 13, 2021 10:11 PM
Apr 2019
People love hating on popular shows
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
Jun 13, 2021 10:12 PM

Dec 2016
Like everyone pointet out, the people don't really hate MHA it self, they hate the fandom. The fandom is really toxic, sadly. This is reason enough for some people to hate it. It is really sad, because this anime is great, but the fandom is way too toxic and some poeple don't have the nervs to deal with such a fandom.
Jun 13, 2021 10:15 PM
Dec 2020
NOTE: This is just my opinion, So don't harass me by quoting my post and talking trash.

I haven't read the manga, but the anime is pretty typical. It's not different from many shounen out there. But again this view cam change because I have not read the manga yet.

I was expecting MHA to the the underdog works his way up kinda show and was pretty interested. But then Deku, got the strongest quirk in the entire fucking world.

Also character flaws, Deku doesn't have any. I mean if you count the fact that he murmurs while taking notes, I guess you could say that. But seriously why do people act like he commited genocide when he murmurs.

Fast-Forward a bit. Hold up! Deku has the strongest quirk in the entire world and gets another quirk? No Fair!

Another???? Wait, He can get 6 more quirks?

At this point, it's a joke.

Don't even try to defend it.
Jun 13, 2021 10:16 PM
Jun 2021
because of fanbase and power of friendship plus mc is realy dumb sometimes
Jun 13, 2021 10:20 PM
Nov 2020
The fandom and it's a hot battle shounen, even if it's not nessecerily bad
Jun 13, 2021 10:23 PM

Jan 2021
JadaK said:
Before you start typing away about how weird some of the fandom is, that isn’t what I’m asking. I totally understand how bad the fandom can be, but judging how good an anime is off of its fandom isn’t right. If you refuse to watch MHA just because of the fandom, you are way to influenced by social media. The actual anime is pretty good and it has a wide range of love able characters, well choreographed fight scenes, and good animation.

So if anyone can answer my question please do. (No spoilers for the manga please)

Personally, The Villains. I'm sorry, I can't take them seriously however hard I try to. I'm aware a majority of people absolutely adore them, especially Shigaraki and Toga, but I can't stand to watch a single scene they appear in. I don't really hate Mha, it was a pretty ok shonen imo. I had fun watching it, but whenever I look back at it, all I remember are the parts i didn't like. Thats what tells you this was something you didn't enjoy. I can honestly say the same about Naruto, although it has some pretty great villains, I can't unsee the abysmal storytelling and character butchering in some spots.
Jun 13, 2021 10:40 PM
Dec 2020
Because the fandom overhypes it too much . It is a decent shounen but fandom worships it as a masterpiece . A fucking masterpiece ? It ain't even close to how epic the current modern day shounen are like demon slayer , jjk and tokyo revengers . Out of the entire story only the war arc are current ongoing all for one arc is actually good . But the fandom hates the introduction of lady nagant because the story becomes a little dark m like wtf ? How much boring cliche shit does the entire fandom likes to hate on the current arc and say that overhaul arc was better than it . Overhaul arc was boring af . The real shit in the manga begins from the war arc there the story actually becomes good it progresses from a decent 6-6.5/10 shounen to actually a good 7-8/10 shounen for me .
ImperialAkJun 13, 2021 10:43 PM
Jun 13, 2021 10:42 PM
Sep 2020
It's worldwide popular/mainstream and shounen it's all you need to see the people's hate
Jun 13, 2021 10:42 PM
Sep 2020
It's worldwide popular/mainstream and shounen it's all you need to see the people's hate
Jun 13, 2021 10:45 PM
Feb 2021
Fan base, how slow/little character development there is and too many tournament arcs
Jun 13, 2021 10:55 PM

Feb 2021
Personally, I don't hate MHA, it's good at times. But at other times it can get really dumb. Sometimes it gets really good, but at other times it feels like a 7-year olds head fantasy.
No matter what I do I am not able to take villains seriously.
Bakugo is perfect at everything he does/tries
Kirishijma's character development which could have been really good was summed up in like 2 episodes
To me, it's a pretty decent battle shounen, but the fans tend to praise it as a masterpiece.
discontinue said:
NOTE: This is just my opinion, So don't harass me by quoting my post and talking trash.

I was expecting MHA to the the underdog works his way up kinda show and was pretty interested. But then Deku, got the strongest quirk in the entire fucking world.

Also character flaws, Deku doesn't have any. I mean if you count the fact that he murmurs while taking notes, I guess you could say that. But seriously why do people act like he commited genocide when he murmurs.

Fast-Forward a bit. Hold up! Deku has the strongest quirk in the entire world and gets another quirk? No Fair!

Yes, I could not agree with this person more.
Overall it is pretty decent but, to me it just fells like. Ya know either a little rushed or a 7_year olds head canon.
Phon1xJun 16, 2021 3:22 AM
Jun 13, 2021 10:56 PM
Apr 2021
Because of huge amount of needless 15yo fanservice. I can't find another reason why
Jun 13, 2021 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Because people have different taste?
Jun 13, 2021 10:57 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
I feel like quite often the loudest people are the ones with the most extreme opinions. Yeah there's some stupid stuff within the fandom, but like you pointed out, the show itself is good. However, it seems at times like all you hear are people either calling the show absolute garbage, or the greatest thing known to mankind. I personally don't think MHA is objectively bad. Sure there's some tropey/cringey stuff imo, plus other things I have criticisms of, but overall I like it and think it's good. On the other hand, I also don't think it's this absolutely groundbreaking, genre-defining masterpiece. To me it's just good and it stops there. Like some others pointed out it also happens to be very popular, which is a formula for attracting a ton of haters.

Jun 13, 2021 11:05 PM
Sep 2015
discontinue said:

I haven't read the manga, but the anime is pretty typical. It's not different from many shounen out there. But again this view cam change because I have not read the manga yet.

I disagree on MHA being a typical shounen. I am honestly not a fan of battle shounen anime anymore but I used to be and so I understand the popularity of this kind of anime. However, MHA is different from most of them because of its setting. Most on shounen are very superficial on the world building because the more rules the author creates the more limitation he has later to introduce new concepts. So, the typical battle shounen starts very small and introduce more concepts of the world as the main characters grow in relevance. Instead, MHA sets all the basic concepts from the beginning. You understand how the society works, the history that led to the current state, how the powers work and the scaling. This makes much more difficult to the author to change the course of the story, giving much more credibility to the show. I dont see it in the vast majority of battle shounen. In most cases, the author has a tremendous freedom to come up with any kind of convenient crazy concept just to make the story go to some direction.
Jun 13, 2021 11:08 PM
Nov 2013
I guess cause it’s quite generic
Jun 13, 2021 11:13 PM
Dec 2020
Maybe because of fandom toxic af
Jun 13, 2021 11:13 PM
Jan 2021
I think many people don't like it because of the Fandom, for me personally, the Anime is really great but I hate the Fandom.
Jun 13, 2021 11:18 PM
Dec 2020
FateXPhoneix said:
Personally, I don't hate MHA, it's good at times. But at other times it can get really dumb. Sometimes it gets really good, but at other times it feels like a 7-year olds head fantasy.
No matter what I do I am not able to take villains seriously.
Bakugo is perfect at everything he does/tries
To me, it's a pretty decent battle shounen, but the fans tend to praise it as a masterpiece.
discontinue said:

Yes, I could not agree with this person more.
Overall it is pretty decent but, to me it just fells like. Ya know either a little rushed or a 7_year olds head canon.

The kinda anime that 7 year olds imagine they are the MC of.
Jun 13, 2021 11:23 PM
Mar 2021
it’s too generic and cringe that’s why i don’t rly like it anymore
Jun 13, 2021 11:26 PM
Feb 2021
Cuz it’s mid also ratio
Jun 13, 2021 11:29 PM
Nov 2020
Who knows. The anime is overall ok. Either most people think the show is trash, or it could’ve been a band wagon effect. Like someone with a large following said it was a trash anime and spreaded throughout the community.

This is just my prediction, but MHA don’t really deserve all the hate it’s getting.
Jun 13, 2021 11:39 PM
Feb 2021
It’s just a standard shonen you’ll either love it or hate it for me it’s in the middle
Jun 13, 2021 11:43 PM
Mar 2021
Its an overhyped battle shonen with a terrible famdom, I can understand why someone would choose not to watch it.
Although I wouldn't describe it as hated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2021 11:52 PM

May 2021
Popular anime? Check
Battle Shounen? Check
Shit fandom? Check

Based on those, it's not surprising it's hated. I would be more surprised if it wasn't hated.
Jun 14, 2021 12:09 AM

Mar 2020
I don't really hate it, but I dislike it because it's just really generic. The writing is lazy.
It does nothing new or special, same old talk no jitsu, power of friends bs that we've seen so many times.
The protagonist just suddenly gets powers and now he has multiple powers out of absolutely nowhere, like the absolute plot armor on the lad is insane.
The side characters are way more interesting than Deku himself, Bakugou, Todoroki, Shinsou (I still think Shinsou should've been the protagonist).
The antagonists are just really meh and don't leave an impact at all.

I have a ton of complaints with the anime and that's why I dislike it, I don't really care about the fandom.
But the people who do like it, good for them, I'm watching the anime and reading the manga with them too.
Jun 14, 2021 12:18 AM
Mar 2021
I enjoy the show but I think people hate on MHA is because of Deku. Nothing his wrong with him but people see him as a cry baby
Jun 14, 2021 12:18 AM
Mar 2021
I enjoy the show but I think people hate on MHA is because of Deku. Nothing his wrong with him but people see him as a cry baby
Jun 14, 2021 12:27 AM
May 2019
JadaK said:

i just dont really like the mc or any of the characters they are kinda too childish for me
Jun 14, 2021 12:55 AM
Jan 2021
From what I can notice many people who hate My Hero state that the show is over popular and doesn’t do as much as Black Clover, Demon Slayer or JJK when it comes to making a good shounan story. While I love those anime’s more that my hero I can see how My Hero is that popular due many from the West wanting something similar to Marvel. And with Bones bringing there A game for this you can see where the love came from. Although I do think My Hero is over popular I do not hate. It just hasn’t had that moment for me to love it, but looking further into the manga I think that moment for me is coming soon.
Jun 14, 2021 1:03 AM

Jul 2020
Those who say it's trash are actually those who never watched My hero.
If you have watched it you'll know it's far from trash.Nobody really gives a comprehensive explanation as to why it's trash other than it's GeNeRiC.I've seen the same comment over and over and nobody really tells how it can be fixed.So it's just best if you discredit their opinion.
Stuart2003 said:
From what I can notice many people who hate My Hero state that the show is over popular and doesn’t do as much as Black Clover, Demon Slayer or JJK when it comes to making a good shounan story. While I love those anime’s more that my hero I can see how My Hero is that popular due many from the West wanting something similar to Marvel. And with Bones bringing there A game for this you can see where the love came from. Although I do think My Hero is over popular I do not hate. It just hasn’t had that moment for me to love it, but looking further into the manga I think that moment for me is coming soon.

Demon slayer doesn't do as much too when it comes to storytelling.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 14, 2021 1:10 AM
Feb 2021
I mean personally I have no clue. I think people dislike it for its simplicity if anything however I really think bnha has some of the best characters in any anime period. Like they are all just so likeable, so that was enough for me to put it high on my rankings. But I could understand why someone would want more from a show. Like you really don’t have to think a lot while watching bnha.
Jun 14, 2021 1:34 AM
Feb 2021
I enjoyed it but it wasn't my cup of tea. The story was decent the characters nothing special but OK. The only think I hate is the fandom.
Jun 14, 2021 1:39 AM
Jan 2021
Scordolo said:
Those who say it's trash are actually those who never watched My hero.
If you have watched it you'll know it's far from trash.Nobody really gives a comprehensive explanation as to why it's trash other than it's GeNeRiC.I've seen the same comment over and over and nobody really tells how it can be fixed.So it's just best if you discredit their opinion.
Stuart2003 said:

Demon slayer doesn't do as much too when it comes to storytelling.

To be honest that’s true, I should’ve explained slightly better especially with Demon Slayer but that has something My Hero doesn’t, tension. In My hero I have no doubts that no one on the good side will die unless if it’s blindly obvious. Whereas Demon Slayer has a typical story with a Attack on Titan twist where we don’t know who is going to die. As well as there injuries mattering where in My hero they just get magically healed by the nice old lady bit in Demon Slayer after fighting Rui the main cast has to recover for like 5 eps.
Jun 14, 2021 1:42 AM
Feb 2021
JadaK said:

u know as an mha fan I won't really judge the haters for trash talking abt without watching bcz I am actually the same when it comes to boruto, I haven't watched that anime but I kinda hate it just bcz of hearing what others are saying abt it
Jun 14, 2021 2:22 AM
Apr 2021
I have read your comment and I can only say it's mainly the community that people hate about it, it's not about the anime because it's a good show (some people may not like it but that's fine not everyone has to like the same thing) but it's purely the community that makes it look bad. Whether you like it or not people will judge the product of something based on the people who represent/consume it. In this case it's mha and it's bizzare fandom. (This really is the only logical answer why it's so hated so much).
Jun 14, 2021 3:08 AM
Nov 2020
Bc of the fandom, especially the double standard Yaoi lovers. The anime overall is good but not that great to be called a masterpiece like people are talking about. And lots of flashbacks which is really annoying tbh
Jun 14, 2021 3:20 AM
Feb 2021
Tbh I've seen more posts bashing the bad fandom than the bad fandom itself
Jun 14, 2021 3:24 AM

Apr 2020
the fandom and season 5 suck so far
:3
Jun 14, 2021 3:28 AM

Jul 2020
XuWan said:
Ponzerelli said:
Most that hate MHA don’t read the manga and don’t bother to look deep in the story so they just accept that its Just another standard Shonen when it isn’t

After reading the manga, I realized its just another typical shounen. Even worse than most.

Yeah,the arc after the war arc(Villain hunt arc) is super Meh.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 14, 2021 3:51 AM
Jun 2021
For me, I don't like the anime because it's just easy to predict. It was a good introduction, but I just like stuff like Madoka Magica, Lost Song, Higurashi, Steins; Gate, and Inuyasha (manga preferably).
Jun 14, 2021 3:59 AM

Feb 2020
i think U are kind of wrong. fandom itself is made up of spit and watch audience....tbh it kind of annoying.....but then again i dont care much.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 14, 2021 4:31 AM
Jul 2020
I personally still love it, but I can see why people don’t. Most people dislike it because it was extremely overhyped. Again, I enjoy it a lot but people were acting like it was the greatest thing to ever come out of anime, when it’s just another great shounen, nothing genre defining. Another reason would be that some arcs feel very pointless and don’t add anything to the story, which a lot of people dislike. Some of the hate should disappear soon because the anime is finally animating the good arcs in the manga.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

279 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 5, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

298 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 4, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.