Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2021 10:44 AM
May 2020
The visuals, the music, the Direction I don't see anything which can compare to this. What are your opinions?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 31, 2021 10:58 AM
Feb 2021
I agree with you!!!!!!!! THATS THE BEST FIGHT EVEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 31, 2021 11:20 AM
Oct 2020
YES! My favorite fight was Saber vs Rider. This can't even be compared.The best fight I've ever seen
Mar 31, 2021 11:35 AM

Apr 2016
I agree and disagree, because there's a lot of ways to deffine what is a "good fight" scene, it all comes down to wath each person likes the most; realism over super powers, martial arts fidelity over good animation in surreal fights, fights with clash of ideals instead of a fight just to win or lose, etc

BUT MAN

If I were to rank all fight scenes I've already seen independently of why they're considered good, Saber vs Rider would clash real hard with any fight that deserves a 1st place, and, for me, a person that loves surreal fight scenes, undoubtly it was the best surreal/superpowered fight scene I've ever seen. This fight was fire af, I don't care if it ended too quickly, for the fight's entire duration I just felt hype, I remained almost breathless.
Mar 31, 2021 11:36 AM

Feb 2020
Its definitely one of the best fights ever, but I personally prefer Shirou vs Kirei because it felt like the end of Fate/Stay Night and I found it more interesting.
Although I do think that Saber Alter vs Rider had much better animation and it would have definitely been my favorite fight of all time if it weren't for Kirei vs Shirou
Mar 31, 2021 11:43 AM

Jan 2016
The only fight I can think of that's comparable to Rider/Shirou vs Saber is Gon vs Pitou, but that's more of a one-sided beatdown than a fight. So, it's deffinitely the best FIGHT fight I've seen. It was truly incredible to watch.
"hes too slow i dont know how hot has his processor but i put some death grips on it and its getting loud its getting lit"
Mar 31, 2021 1:37 PM
Sep 2020
Best looking fight but not the most satisfying in terms of conclusion
Mar 31, 2021 1:43 PM

Sep 2019
I usually don't like to overhype things but got to agree with this one. It was one of the best fights I've ever seen.
Mar 31, 2021 2:19 PM

Jan 2018
It was great fight scene, but not the best. I might be in the minority, but I actually loved Saber Alter vs. Berserker more. It felt just so bombastic.
Mar 31, 2021 2:24 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This might be the peak of 2d animation fight scenes.
Mar 31, 2021 4:00 PM

May 2015
Gustop1 said:
I agree and disagree, because there's a lot of ways to deffine what is a "good fight" scene, it all comes down to wath each person likes the most; realism over super powers, martial arts fidelity over good animation in surreal fights, fights with clash of ideals instead of a fight just to win or lose, etc

BUT MAN

If I were to rank all fight scenes I've already seen independently of why they're considered good, Saber vs Rider would clash real hard with any fight that deserves a 1st place, and, for me, a person that loves surreal fight scenes, undoubtly it was the best surreal/superpowered fight scene I've ever seen. This fight was fire af, I don't care if it ended too quickly, for the fight's entire duration I just felt hype, I remained almost breathless.
I love how you put this bc many fights try to accomplish different purposes so it's hard to put equal value on all of them. But yea this fight ticked so many boxes, that no can really say a bad thing about it even if it's not their cup of tea

Mar 31, 2021 5:17 PM
Jan 2020
It may be the best anime animation i've ever seen. i only wish Shirou vs Berserker fight would be as good as this since it ended within like 10secs, but maybe they didn't want to copypaste berserker vs saber fight that's why it was so underwhelming and ended so quick.
Mar 31, 2021 5:30 PM
Apr 2013
Corinarh said:
i only wish Shirou vs Berserker fight would be as good as this since it ended within like 10secs, but maybe they didn't want to copypaste berserker vs saber fight that's why it was so underwhelming and ended so quick.

Shirou vs Berserker was one of the hypest fights in the vn, mainly due to Shirou's internal thoughts. That kinda got lost in an anime.
Mar 31, 2021 5:33 PM
Jan 2020
Zhens said:
Corinarh said:
i only wish Shirou vs Berserker fight would be as good as this since it ended within like 10secs, but maybe they didn't want to copypaste berserker vs saber fight that's why it was so underwhelming and ended so quick.

Shirou vs Berserker was one of the hypest fights in the vn, mainly due to Shirou's internal thoughts. That kinda got lost in an anime.

Now i'm wondering how much i've missed by not reading VN but i guess it's a bit too late since it may be boring because i know how everything will end (except one ending and Hollow Ataraxia)
Mar 31, 2021 8:38 PM

May 2020
It is the best fight I have seen in all of anime. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire time.
Mar 31, 2021 8:41 PM

Jan 2020
It's easily one of the greatest things I've ever seen

Mar 31, 2021 9:02 PM

Apr 2020
The battle is so overwhelming and breathtaking, one of the best fights I've ever seen!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2021 9:12 PM

May 2015
Corinarh said:
Zhens said:

Now i'm wondering how much i've missed by not reading VN but i guess it's a bit too late since it may be boring because i know how everything will end (except one ending and Hollow Ataraxia)
you can look at the VN version of the scene here: https://youtu.be/hKSK9_mN1Vc

Mar 31, 2021 9:21 PM

Apr 2020
Can’t disagree with that
Mar 31, 2021 9:36 PM

Apr 2020
Actually TRUE
yes, I rarely watch shounen, but so far the battle in Fate is very epic compared to other anime, Idk if any shounen or actions anime have epic fights like Fate, if there is please tell me, but it looks like I still choose the Fate that has a amazing fight, Music, ost and graphics anime ever especially Salter vs Berseker & Salter vs Rider, today it is unmatched.
Mar 31, 2021 10:52 PM

Oct 2015
Definitely one of the best in recent memory. They really did this fight justice.
Apr 1, 2021 4:55 AM
Mar 2020
Totally agreed! It was actually pretty sick. Definitely best fight in Fate history
Apr 1, 2021 5:07 AM

Jan 2015
You guys really need to watch Jujutsu Kaisen.
Apr 1, 2021 7:44 AM
May 2020
Berserker vs Saber Alter is better imo, and if we're talking about greatest anime fight scene, I gotta go to a scene outside of Fate
Apr 1, 2021 8:47 AM
Oct 2020
Completely agree, awesome fight.

In the visual novel they do it well too.
Apr 1, 2021 9:54 AM

Aug 2020
xyro14 said:
Berserker vs Saber Alter is better imo, and if we're talking about greatest anime fight scene, I gotta go to a scene outside of Fate
Rider was animated levels above Berserker vs Saber, even i enjoyed the second part more, i loved the HF3 fight
Apr 1, 2021 7:02 PM
May 2020
FateMadMan said:
xyro14 said:
Rider was animated levels above Berserker vs Saber, even i enjoyed the second part more, i loved the HF3 fight

idc about the animation, the emotional impact of the scene with Berserker vs Saber alter got me more, making me go stunned all the time when I was watching it and you could even feel the tense when theyre transferring scenes to other characters during the fight whilst on Rider vs Saber alter, I feel the impact but it's not greater than what I felt on Berserker vs Saber alter
xyro14Apr 1, 2021 8:11 PM
Apr 1, 2021 7:32 PM

Jun 2013
From an animation stand point, yes. I can't think of any other fight that could top this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2021 8:41 PM

Oct 2017
Yes it was indeed a great fight.
Apr 1, 2021 9:50 PM
Feb 2020
Ngl I had to pause this fight because I was almost to the point of being in a seizure lol... it was unbelievably great. Had to pause then rewind all the way to the beginning
Apr 1, 2021 10:26 PM

Mar 2016
Riders have always been underclassed by their abilities and overclassed by their Noble Phantasm. Medusa is one of the most ill-placed and quickly disposed of in the Grail War. Can't say that anymore. In all respects, Jesus Christ.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Apr 2, 2021 12:39 AM
Jan 2020
Just watch the film and yes it is in terms of animation, choreography and hype one of the best fight I have ever watched, maybe the best fight. I personally like fights more when they got a great build up like the fights in Hunter x Hunter but this one was so epic that I had to run through my room the whole time.
Thank you Ufotable and those amazing animators, especially you Abe, Nozomu.
Apr 2, 2021 2:24 AM

Aug 2020
xyro14 said:
FateMadMan said:

idc about the animation, the emotional impact of the scene with Berserker vs Saber alter got me more, making me go stunned all the time when I was watching it and you could even feel the tense when theyre transferring scenes to other characters during the fight whilst on Rider vs Saber alter, I feel the impact but it's not greater than what I felt on Berserker vs Saber alter
Its the matter of opinion and preference i guess
Apr 2, 2021 6:53 AM
Jul 2020
Nah it can't be the best of all time. But it might reach top 50 I guess.
Apr 2, 2021 7:51 AM

Apr 2014
xyro14 said:
FateMadMan said:

True that, I think I feel the same as you.
Besides, I think they altered choreography the Saber vs Rider fight because it wasn't as obvious how formidable Saber truly was.
As in originally Rider had to mostly try to run away and find an opening but in the animation it almost seemed like Saber was on the defensive. Hell, she fought head to head with Berserker who has way higher attack power than Rider, there is no way Rider attacks would actually put her on the defensive 😂
Apr 2, 2021 9:30 AM
May 2020
Taizaki-han said:
Nah it can't be the best of all time. But it might reach top 50 I guess.
top 2 and it isn't 2
Apr 2, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2013
Oh, I'm glad that someone made a thread just to express basically what I also thought about that fight.
Yeah, at least in terms of visuals I think it's the best anime fight ever.

Waifu4Laifu_69 said:
Its definitely one of the best fights ever, but I personally prefer Shirou vs Kirei because it felt like the end of Fate/Stay Night and I found it more interesting.
Although I do think that Saber Alter vs Rider had much better animation and it would have definitely been my favorite fight of all time if it weren't for Kirei vs Shirou

I think Kirei vs Shirou in the visual novel is the best fight ever. Everything, including the musics and the narration, and things that were only said in the visual novel, made the fight feel a lot more satisfying in the visual novel than in the anime.
The anime one was also great, but just not as much as its visual novel version.
ColtBuntlineApr 2, 2021 9:39 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 2, 2021 9:53 AM
May 2016
Not the greatest, but still great. The animation and visual really bless my eyes
Apr 2, 2021 10:01 AM

Aug 2009
Leonhart93 said:
xyro14 said:

Besides, I think they altered choreography the Saber vs Rider fight because it wasn't as obvious how formidable Saber truly was.
As in originally Rider had to mostly try to run away and find an opening but in the animation it almost seemed like Saber was on the defensive. Hell, she fought head to head with Berserker who has way higher attack power than Rider, there is no way Rider attacks would actually put her on the defensive 😂

She actually does have high attack power.

Saber Alter as A rank Strength, Berserker has A+ rank and Medusa has B rank.
But Medusa can raise it to A with her Monstrous Strength skill. It is the purple glow you see on her legs when she was hitting Saber.She was also bringing Saber's stats down a rank with her Mystic Eyes.

Saber on the other hand has shit Agility and has to repel her.

Against Berserker she couldnt do much without energy blasts. The only time she didnt was at the very end when she stopped his most straightforward attack, right before Excaliblasting him.
Apr 2, 2021 10:13 AM

Feb 2020
Mummykun said:
Oh, I'm glad that someone made a thread just to express basically what I also thought about that fight.
Yeah, at least in terms of visuals I think it's the best anime fight ever.

Waifu4Laifu_69 said:

I think Kirei vs Shirou in the visual novel is the best fight ever. Everything, including the musics and the narration, and things that were only said in the visual novel, made the fight feel a lot more satisfying in the visual novel than in the anime.
The anime one was also great, but just not as much as its visual novel version.

Yeah, i do understand your opinion, although as someone who has read the VN i have always enjoyed the anime more, and the same goes for this fight, dont get me wrong its also amazing in the VN but i did enjoy it more in the anime for 2 reasons, it had amazing animation and it wasn’t as one sided like in the VN.
Although i do have to agree that in terms if visuals, it was not the best fight in the movie but it really did not matter since it had a lot of emotional impact, I personally think that they adapted it perfectly.
Apr 2, 2021 10:15 AM

Aug 2017
Best fight in the entire Fate Stay Night Franchise hands down.

Not even Tiamat beast from Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia can compete with this.

I'm just so happy that Ufotable displayed Medusa's Bellerophan noble phantasm on the screen.

It was glorious. Beautiful. Stunning. Was left speechless.

Just pure beauty that led to eyegasms.

10/10 would watch again.

Apr 2, 2021 10:33 AM

Aug 2020
In terms of animation it's easily the best thing I've seen but animation isn't everything and there are different types of fights that try to do different things. Such as this one tried to be as well animated as possible.
Apr 2, 2021 10:37 AM

Mar 2020
the effects animation were just gorgeous, the action direction was very good but saber vs berserker was a bit better than this.

I think that Yutaka Nakamura worked on this fight since there were a lot of scenes with Yutapon cubes and Impact frames.
Apr 2, 2021 11:26 AM
Mar 2021
This fight was absolutely amazing definitely one of the best I have ever seen.

But I think that meruem vs netero is better.
Apr 2, 2021 1:27 PM
Oct 2020
I love noble phantasm of Rider finishing blow damn it's so fucking cool!!
I'm shouting like a madman!
Apr 2, 2021 11:12 PM
Jun 2020
It definitely makes a Top 5 or 3 of best fights in anime and the Fate Series as well. The OST, key frame, the speed, the lighting, the perspective, the change of pace and above all BELLERO ... PHON!
Apr 2, 2021 11:14 PM
Jun 2020
nabbo13 said:
This fight was absolutely amazing definitely one of the best I have ever seen.

But I think that meruem vs netero is better.

Meruem vs Netero is a very different fight from this one, it is more about ideals and perspectives.
This is one of the best animation in the Japanese anime industry.
Apr 3, 2021 3:08 AM

Apr 2014
ssjokg said:
Leonhart93 said:

But Medusa can raise it to A with her Monstrous Strength skill. It is the purple glow you see on her legs when she was hitting Saber.She was also bringing Saber's stats down a rank with her Mystic Eyes.

Against Berserker she couldnt do much without energy blasts. The only time she didnt was at the very end when she stopped his most straightforward attack, right before Excaliblasting him.

Not that, her defense is almost impenetrable if she could take Berserker's attacks without significant damage. Rider's attacks were like mosquito bites in comparison. Her armor is heavier, which is why she has less agility.
Also, the energy blasts have A++ attack rating, since that's the stat of her magical energy and noble phantasm. Even her default attacks use magical energy to cause mini explosions and boost her attack power, she always had this ability.

But that's not the point here at all. In the anime fight it looked pretty even, but what actually happened is that Rider struggled to find a single opening to use her noble phantasm before her endurance ran out.
The scenario being "Saber was overwhelming", the anime choreography failed at the "snow not tell part". If you would consider the VN more of a "tell" kind of thing since it's based primarily on text walls, the anime has to be the "show" part.
Apr 3, 2021 3:30 AM
Jul 2020
greatest anime fight so far
Apr 3, 2021 3:54 AM

Aug 2009
Leonhart93 said:
ssjokg said:

Not that, her defense is almost impenetrable if she could take Berserker's attacks without significant damage. Rider's attacks were like mosquito bites in comparison. Her armor is heavier, which is why she has less agility.
Also, the energy blasts have A++ attack rating, since that's the stat of her magical energy and noble phantasm. Even her default attacks use magical energy to cause mini explosions and boost her attack power, she always had this ability.

But that's not the point here at all. In the anime fight it looked pretty even, but what actually happened is that Rider struggled to find a single opening to use her noble phantasm before her endurance ran out.
The scenario being "Saber was overwhelming", the anime choreography failed at the "snow not tell part". If you would consider the VN more of a "tell" kind of thing since it's based primarily on text walls, the anime has to be the "show" part.

Heracles attacks were pointless because she heals fast, which is a problem in the Rider fight as well. The only time she suffers actual damage she cant heal from is when Rider uses Bellerophon.

Rider using her speed to exchange blows with Saber and avoid her devastating mana blasts isnt something that breaks lore.

Rider is still struggling to find an opening, with Saber's only problem being her eyes, not any attack that Rider managed to land, leading to the part where she traps her in the rocks for only a moment in order to prepare her NP. Of the two, Rider is the only one actually injured before the use of the NPs.

Imo the anime did well to show the strong points of both Servants.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Aug 15, 2020

519 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 23, 1:26 AM

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.