Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2021 3:12 AM

Mar 2017
Hi, I'm watching jojo and so far it's alright. I researched through the internet and found that many episodes in part 3 are unnecessary. So, I want to know which episodes in part 3, part 4 are necessary for the plot or plot related?

Please, don't answer with watch all or drop, such answers are the reason I can't find required info anywhere else.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2021 3:16 AM

Apr 2019
Jojo is too good to skip.

Just watch it all
Bleach is best consumed with your ears open and your eyes closed.
Mar 4, 2021 3:19 AM

Mar 2019
Which episodes are necessary for plot and plot-related? Well, all of them. It's that easy.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Mar 4, 2021 3:21 AM

Mar 2015
Where have you read that some episodes are unnecessary? I've literally never heard anyone say that. JoJo doesn't have any fillers, don't skip any episodes.
Mar 4, 2021 3:23 AM

Jul 2019
What am I reading. Who said that. Why would some episodes be unnecessary. It's not like they're fillers or anything. Why.

Life is a despicable endurance race
Mar 4, 2021 3:23 AM

Aug 2016
If you're watching JoJo for the 'Plot' then you are picking the wrong show.
The reason you can't find the required info is because the answer is to watch it all or drop it, no matter where you ask it, or how you ask it, it's the only answer you'll get.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 4, 2021 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
I don't know where you got that information. All episodes are necessary.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 4, 2021 3:26 AM

Feb 2021
I have never heard of some episodes being unnecessary. I've heard of the pacing in part 3 being a little bad, but unnecessary? No. Watch it all.

⸢ if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. ⸥

ベルセルク
Mar 4, 2021 3:29 AM

Dec 2020
Copied from reddit:

These are the only absolutely essential episodes to get a decent understanding of the plot and main characters.
Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 21, 22, 25, 26, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48.

Though I really recommend watching it all to appreciate the characters more.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Mar 4, 2021 3:37 AM

Mar 2017
@Mirai @Trvshy @Theo1899 @Nubiellee Episodes which do not move the plot at all are unnecessary, like most pokemon episodes. I'll be honest, part 1 was alright, part 2 started with a boom and was all good until after
, then it was brainless and nonsense fights. Now they are gonna introduce
if I'm not wrong. And I just want to see how will the story unfolds, nothing more.
Mar 4, 2021 3:38 AM

Mar 2017
ren0080 said:
Copied from reddit:

These are the only absolutely essential episodes to get a decent understanding of the plot and main characters.
Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 21, 22, 25, 26, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48.

Ty, first valid answer, this is for part 3 right?
Anything for part 4?
Mar 4, 2021 3:42 AM
Mar 2017
I would say that there aren't really skippable eps for part 4, between 10 and 20 there are some that can feel very fillers but that can also be important for later.
Mar 4, 2021 3:52 AM

Dec 2020
You see, the thing about part 3 is that it's supposed to be this huge adventure, not always great sure, but watching the episodes relevant for the plot only kind of ruins this vibe, which is one of the things I personally enjoyed a lot about it, but I can see that certain episodes can be skipped without losing out on much.

But part 4 doesn't have a lot of plot in the first place, with it being more focused on the characters and their interactions, and the more SoL-ish feel of it compared to the rest of the series, I would recommend not skipping episodes even more strongly than part 3.
Mar 4, 2021 3:54 AM

Nov 2019
I will slap you in the face if you skip anything in part 4
>:(
Mar 4, 2021 3:56 AM

Mar 2017
@CLADDAN @shign okay, so part 4 is kinda unskippable, what about part 5 if I may ask?
Mar 4, 2021 3:58 AM

Jul 2020
n__k said:
@CLADDAN @shign okay, so part 4 is kinda unskippable, what about part 5 if I may ask?
Why would you even wanna skip part 5 ????????????????/

Simply drop JOJO, that's my advice.

Mar 4, 2021 3:59 AM

May 2018
What a stupid question lol. If you don't like it, don't watch it. It's easy. Jojo has nothing to skip. Each episode is important.
If you feel doubt about fillers in any anime, just google filler list.
Here's what animefillerlist says about Jojo: In total 152 episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (TV), it has no reported filler.
Also, if you wanna watch it just for hype or for memes, just watch these memes on Youtube.
Of course you can't be considered a Jojo fan if you do skip something, but you still will be able to spam shit a-la KONODIODA or MUDAMUDA.
Nemo_NiemandMar 4, 2021 4:03 AM

Mar 4, 2021 4:00 AM

Mar 2017
Supercuecaaa said:
Then I'll cry a lot :'(

Jokes aside I'm actually preparing to read part 7 here. That's why I require plot only.
Mar 4, 2021 4:01 AM

Mar 2017
IPFdomain said:
n__k said:

Can't gotta reach part 7 to see what the fuss is all about.
Mar 4, 2021 4:02 AM

Mar 2019
n__k said:
ren0080 said:
Copied from reddit:

Anything for part 4?

If you're following this you're going to: skip second encounter between Crusaders and Hol Horse, and first encounter between the gang and Boingo

Mar 4, 2021 4:03 AM

Jul 2020
n__k said:
IPFdomain said:

217 days watched and doesn't know the importance of actually taking in plot points and enjoying watching the anime rather than skipping 3 parts and missing out on EVERYTHING that makes JOJO JOJO. Just drop it man people like you genuinely infuriate me

♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
You see, the only choice is either watch them all or skip them all, theres nothing to skip in jojo, its not naruto.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 2018
There is no filler in JoJo's except some recaps. It's just that part 3 is a terrible adaptation that strecthes far too long and has bad pacing (for reference just compare the previous parts and the lenghts in both manga and anime) and people have made a "filler" guide for people who don't have time. It's better if you watch it all really. Not necessarily because it's good or anything but because it's the intended experience and story.
Mar 4, 2021 4:04 AM

Jan 2018
n__k said:
Hi, I'm watching jojo and so far it's alright. I researched through the internet and found that many episodes in part 3 are unnecessary. So, I want to know which episodes in part 3, part 4 are necessary for the plot or plot related?

Please, don't answer with watch all or drop, such answers are the reason I can't find required info anywhere else.

Whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking about

Unironically tho .
If you dislike an anime to a point that you want to skip parts of it it might be a good idea to just drop it.

Why watch something that you dislike so much ?

No bashing or anything but if you think an anime is Bad then why bother with it :)
Mar 4, 2021 4:06 AM

Jul 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
n__k said:

Whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking about

Unironically tho .
If you dislike an anime to a point that you want to skip parts of it it might be a good idea to just drop it.

Why watch something that you dislike so much ?

No bashing or anything but if you think an anime is Bad then why bother with it :)
The best take in this thread ^^^^^^^^^^^ sums everything up very nicely !

Mar 4, 2021 4:07 AM

Mar 2017
IPFdomain said:
n__k said:
217 days watched and doesn't know the importance of actually taking in plot points and enjoying watching the anime rather than skipping 3 parts and missing out on EVERYTHING that makes JOJO JOJO. Just drop it man people like you genuinely infuriate me
If you are that infuriated, leave the forum, man. Don't rant here.
Mar 4, 2021 4:08 AM

Jul 2020
n__k said:
IPFdomain said:
Its a public forum and you asked a question my bad though just simply dont skip parts its embarrassing lol

Mar 4, 2021 4:08 AM

Feb 2021
n__k said:
Episodes which do not move the plot at all are unnecessary.

That is not the case with Jojo's. There may be recap episodes, which you can skip of course, but Jojo's has no filler, therefore you should not skip any episodes.
Listen to the majority here.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Mar 4, 2021 4:11 AM

May 2018
n__k said:
Supercuecaaa said:

Jokes aside I'm actually preparing to read part 7 here. That's why I require plot only.

Fyi, each episode of Jojo is plot.
Part 7 has literally no connection with previous six parts lol. Only some references. It's even in the different universe.
Are you a hype follower, I suppose? You can give up on all Jojo seasons then and start reading part 7 immediately. Yes, you will be considered inferior hypefag/memefag and will be shunned by Jojo fans, but it's your choice. Do what you want.

Mar 4, 2021 4:12 AM

Mar 2017
IPFdomain said:
n__k said:
Its a public forum and you asked a question my bad though just simply dont skip parts its embarrassing lol
Now finally you answered my question instead of ranting. Ty.
Mar 4, 2021 4:13 AM

Aug 2020
Well technically you can skip episodes and still understand the plot but who in the world would do that. Watch every single episode, jojo is way too good to skip.
Mar 4, 2021 4:14 AM

Mar 2017
Nemo_Niemand said:
n__k said:

Part 7 has literally no connection with previous six parts lol. Only a few references.
Are you a hype follower, I suppose? You can give up on all Jojo seasons then and start reading part 7 immediately. Yes, you will be considered inferior hypefag/memefag and will be shunned by Jojo fans, but it's your choice. Do what you want.
Sorry am not scared of internet people and jojo fans. Ty for your input. So i can just drop all and read part 7.
Mar 4, 2021 4:16 AM

Feb 2021
If you are not here to enjoy the story and journey from part 1 to part 6 and just want to read part 7 as soon as possible, then why even bother. Seems more like a waste of time to me, to watch/read something only for this one moment that happens later on.
You watch something if you are actually interested in the story/characters, not because you want to see what the fuss is about. I mean you can do what you want, but this is kind of... eh.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Mar 4, 2021 4:18 AM

May 2018
n__k said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

Part 7 has literally no connection with previous six parts lol. Only a few references.
Sorry am not scared of internet people and jojo fans. Ty for your input. So i can just drop all and read part 7.

Technically, yes. Or you can read/watch several parts at once. They don't have hard connection.

Mar 4, 2021 4:19 AM

Mar 2019
IPFdomain said:

Maybe the reason he has 700+ of completed list is because he keeps skipping episodes lol

That 217 days is just a number

Mar 4, 2021 4:21 AM

Jul 2020
Mention-2 said:
IPFdomain said:

Maybe the reason he has 700+ of completed list is because he keeps skipping episodes lol

Lmaoo I would believe it I thought about that before I even posted the response.
animegirl2533Mar 4, 2021 4:42 AM

Mar 4, 2021 4:25 AM

Mar 2017
Mention-2 said:
IPFdomain said:

Yes 217 is technically just a number. And out of those 700+, I've never skipped a single episode. But my main motivation to watch Jojo is to read part 7. Part 2 was 10/10 before final fights. After that, I lost all my motivation to watch further. But as advised I can read part 7 without previous parts. And to understand references I'll just watch plot episodes.

Edit: Had skipped some Naruto and Shippuden fillers.
n__kMar 4, 2021 4:29 AM
Mar 4, 2021 4:25 AM

May 2018
n__k said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

The only important info you should know is that part 7 (and the following part 8) happens in a parallel universe, so some characters have strong resemblance with their counterparts from previous parts (for example, protagonists of part 7 are Jonathan Joestar and Caesar Zeppeli and one of antagonists is Dio) but it still is a standalone story.

Mar 4, 2021 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
guys, he just asked a question and he got his awnser, we can stop here, no need to harass or/and insult him
Mar 4, 2021 4:29 AM
Jul 2020
So I watched (in release order) jojo recently, skipped nothing, as I do with everything. You cant skip episodes, because while not the whole episode provides plot info (fights, some idle chat moments) there are parts of it explaining things. MY OPINION is that even if it is filler you shouldnt skip it, but thats me. Back to the topic jojo episodes for some might be stretched out, still that is what the studio made so go watch it. If you feel bored give it a break or even drop it, whatever you like, but dont skip you might miss something
Edit; So I noticed that the op wants to read part 7, I havent read the manga, nevertheless knowing jojo parts could be standalone stories I think it would be ok to skip the anime (might be wrong though)
kalivoMar 4, 2021 4:34 AM
Mar 4, 2021 4:30 AM

Dec 2020
n__k said:
ren0080 said:
Copied from reddit:

Anything for part 4?

I'm biased to Part 4 (it's literally 9/10 for me lol)
There are a lot of character introductions that will be important for later episodes, so it's actually the best to watch all of the episodes.
Episodes you need to watch:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (maybe), 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39

Some episodes you might want to watch:
13(for nostalgia)
28-29(fight here is pretty enjoyable but it's skippable)

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Mar 4, 2021 4:35 AM

Mar 2019
n__k said:
Yes 217 is technically just a number. And out of those 700+, I've never skipped a single episode. But my main motivation to watch Jojo is to read part 7. Part 2 was 10/10 before final fights. After that, I lost all my motivation to watch further. But as advised I can read part 7 without previous parts. And to understand references I'll just watch plot episodes.

I dunno but i feel you could've asked something such as "Can i read SBR even if i haven't watched 5 JoJo anime?" instead of asking which episode you can skip. If you don't feel enjoyment anymore just stop.

Anyway, when it comes to SBR, i think you can read it now since it's not related to six previous JoJo.

Mar 4, 2021 4:40 AM

Oct 2017
No you shouldn't skip any JoJo episodes at all. They are all necessary.
Mar 4, 2021 4:41 AM
Jul 2020
SouvlakiKun said:
guys, he just asked a question and he got his awnser, we can stop here, no need to harass or/and insult him

Δεν πρέπει να σ αρέσουν οι διαδικτυακές "μάχες". Ήθελα απλά να απαντήσω κάτι στα Ελληνικά, επειδή είδα το σουβλάκι στο όνομά σου.
Mar 4, 2021 4:46 AM

Mar 2017
Mention-2 said:
n__k said:

I dunno but i feel you could've asked something such as "Can i read SBR even if i haven't watched 5 JoJo anime?" instead of asking which episode you can skip. If you don't feel enjoyment anymore just stop.

Anyway, when it comes to SBR, i think you can read it now since it's not related to six previous JoJo.
Didn't know that they are not connected. That's why I asked for JoJo skip?
Mar 4, 2021 4:48 AM

Mar 2019
n__k said:

I think you could've done some searching before asking this.

Mar 4, 2021 4:48 AM

Mar 2017
ren0080 said:
n__k said:
Anything for part 4?

I'm biased to Part 4 (it's literally 9/10 for me lol)
There are a lot of character introductions that will be important for later episodes, so it's actually the best to watch all of the episodes.
Episodes you need to watch:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (maybe), 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39

Some episodes you might want to watch:
13(for nostalgia)
28-29(fight here is pretty enjoyable but it's skippable)
Thank you, you have given me the motivation to watch part 4 completely.
Mar 4, 2021 4:50 AM

Mar 2017
Mention-2 said:
n__k said:

I think you could've done some searching before asking this.
Hmm, sorry for wasting your time. Will remember that next time.
Mar 4, 2021 6:06 AM

Oct 2019
There's no filler in Jojo, it's all canon
People who say that are being subjective
Mar 4, 2021 6:09 AM

Jul 2020
just watch it all mate :) there are no Jojo episodes that are skippable
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

128 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:55 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

131 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:16 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.