Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2021 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
By now, if you haven't caught the message, Season 2 will be anime-original, so expect manga content to be heavily cut (with some sprinkles of the manga) tuned in with new content made with the original mangaka Kaiu Shirai's supervision.

A recorded call from William Minerva (real name James Ratri), and upholding Norman's promise to live. Also, note that the date 22 Jan 2047, is a day later than what the manga had envisioned.

just the Grace Field kids living in protection, learning more survival techniques and having more fun..but most importantly, keeping survelliance. The slimy catfish though...

Some humans raiding the bunker shelter that the Grace Field children were housed in, another escape plan that almost went unscathed, if not for the CGI demon residing in the Promised Forest.

The Demons are back, and the jailed nurturer is obviously No. 73584, Sister Isabella. The punishment of letting Emma, Ray and the rest escape, it's a grave sin. But a redemption on her part to re-capture all the escapee children in exchange for freedom, like that's gonna ever happen with h=just that.

What a BIG change, and there's more than meets the eye for the remaining 2/3rds of the show.
KANLen09Jan 29, 2021 4:22 AM
Jan 28, 2021 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, Minerva wants to meet the kids after all. Makes sense since it's the person that has been mysteriously giving them clues, info, and other important tools to survive.

Emma's desire to go to the human world again reinforces her personality of not giving up. Same with Norman and the other kids. When it comes to promises, I know Emma always wants to keep hers. It's also nice to see more of the kids' daily lifestyles in the wild.

Quite interesting how much content the author poured into the world itself.

Jan 28, 2021 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
So the last bit of hope anyone had of seeing
in the anime is now gone.
Jan 28, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
damn, well that shelter didn't last long lol, wonder what the mother is going to do to get them back...
Jan 28, 2021 10:28 AM
Jun 2016
So it really is The Promised Neverland: Root A, lmao.
Fuck this adaptation.
Jan 28, 2021 10:36 AM

Aug 2020
the promised neverland: brotherhood when?
Jan 28, 2021 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
Neverland Root A has started.
With that the hope for certain characters died.
The episode was so random.
Several arcs were simply skipped over. hahaha - not good
soerenleifJan 28, 2021 10:44 AM
Jan 28, 2021 10:37 AM
Aug 2020
Well, that was interesting episode
I was not expecting to leave that shelter so fast
and the Demons have Human Soldiers as well?
Since I still believe that Norman is alive, he probably ended up in military training if such a thing exists
I definetly was not expeting Isabella to be back, much less as an antagonist AGAIN
I don't like this move, she either double crosses the demons and help the kids escape, or she can fuck off. We need a new villain, not Mama again
Jan 28, 2021 10:39 AM
Jun 2019
They completly flew off the manga rails and went on their own story which feels very awkward and rushed in my opinion. I think the author doesn't want to work on this series anymore so they just want to end the whole series this season no matter what even at the cost of it going down into the hole of bad anime.
Jan 28, 2021 10:41 AM

Apr 2019
Super disappointing. Remove the best character in the show and the 2nd best arc in the show. Sad.

Jan 28, 2021 10:43 AM

Feb 2019
Yea, somehow they’ve managed to make shit even worse with these manga changes. This and Goldy pond were the best parts of the manga. There was no need to cut out Yuugo and change this arc. Now granted they could rearrange appearances and bring him in later, but.. I doubt it’ll pan out well.

As someone who was constantly talking to people in the manga discussion threads week after week about how far the series fell, I was at least expecting season 2 to retain some of that original magic.. I’ll give them a chance, but it’s not looking likely. Shame. I’m pissed man. This used to be one of my fave series.
Marinate1016Jan 28, 2021 10:47 AM
Jan 28, 2021 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
Idk how to feel...
This feels so off coming from the manga storyline to this. So many important parts just got skipped. But if they will really made an anime original story, I hope it will be equal or even better than the manga story (which is very hard tbh since we should've got one of the best parts of the manga instead at this specific point..)
Jan 28, 2021 10:45 AM
Oct 2016
On the run all over again. The anime is now officially heavily diverting from the manga but I'm very interested to see how this goes. Here the kids got a taste at freedom with the bunker and now have to survive in the wild again after hoe crazy the episode ended. Them going hunting was nice for those few days of peace. Finding some yummy fish type creatures to cook. Should help them now that theyre back in the forest. Loved seeing Isabella again. She was an awesome part of that first arc with season one so her jumping back into the fray trying to capture the kids will be cool. Things are different but I'm enjoying the ride with these great young characters in this fascinating world. Excited every week to see where things go.
Jan 28, 2021 10:48 AM
Oct 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Yea, somehow they’ve managed to make shit even worse with these manga changes. This and Goldy pond were the best parts of the manga. There was no need to cut out Yuugo and change this arc. Now granted they could rearrange appearances and bring him in later, but.. I doubt it’ll pan out well.

As someone who was constantly talking to people in the manga discussion threads week after week about how far the series fell, I was at least expecting season 2 to retain some of that original magic.. I’ll give them a chance, but it’s not looking likely. Shame

We have no idea how this is gonna go. No reason to react to negatively. Funny how people complain about the manga then the anime does its own things people still be negative. Just wait and find out
Jan 28, 2021 10:49 AM
Oct 2016
leifsoeren said:
Neverland Root A has started.
With that the hope for certain characters died.
The episode was so random.
Several arcs were simply skipped over. hahaha - not good

Completely different from the tg situation. We have the manga author here working on the anime. Y'all being so negative is sickening
Jan 28, 2021 10:49 AM
Jun 2015
Hahahaha. Glad I'm an anime only. Sucks for you manga reader XD
Jan 28, 2021 10:50 AM
Oct 2016
MegamiRem said:

Nope we don't know that for sure. Events could be rearranged. Don't assume anything
Jan 28, 2021 10:52 AM

Jan 2019
I'm heavily disappointed right now since my favorite arc was cut out from the anime. I really wanted to see how they animate the fight between the kids and the poachers
Jan 28, 2021 10:52 AM
Oct 2016
Y'all are ridiculous. Trashing the anime cause its not following your precious manga to the letter. So pathetic whining I swear. Just go read the manga and gtfo if you have such a big issue with it. This is dumb all the complaining.

Is it so hard to be excited about what could possibly come from the manga author getting to rework their OWN STORY? its their work let them do with it what they will
Jan 28, 2021 10:54 AM

Feb 2019
Dukino said:
Marinate1016 said:

As someone who was constantly talking to people in the manga discussion threads week after week about how far the series fell, I was at least expecting season 2 to retain some of that original magic.. I’ll give them a chance, but it’s not looking likely. Shame

We have no idea how this is gonna go. No reason to react to negatively. Funny how people complain about the manga then the anime does its own things people still be negative. Just wait and find out

Did you even read the full comment or just selectively got upset? I literally said first paragraph that I doubt it’ll pan out well. That doesn’t mean it’ll 100 percent happen, but it’s doubtful TO ME. They’ve changed enough that it’s already worse off. If that’s an issue, mute me.
Jan 28, 2021 10:56 AM
Jun 2016
Dukino said:

Is it so hard to be excited about what could possibly come from the manga author getting to rework their OWN STORY?

Yes it is, since the manga became terrible not so long after the arc that they've just skipped.
Ardis160Jan 28, 2021 11:06 AM
Jan 28, 2021 10:58 AM

Aug 2013
Just as everything was going well for the kids, they just had to be attacked. I wonder if those guys are affiliated with the farms and demons.

Also, was that woman that was tasked to bring the kids Isabella?

Jan 28, 2021 10:59 AM

Jan 2021
what.

So the first half of the episode was like
yay bunker
and
haha slimy fish
Then boom. Isabella.
cut back to bunker-
Then boom. No more bunker??

The pacing in this episode felt really awkward.
But cgi demon was funny haha

monkima ook ook.
Jan 28, 2021 11:00 AM

Nov 2014
MegamiRem said:
Too quick to jump to conclusions. I believe he will show up, see in the OP? Emma wears the braid which she gains during the GP arc and if they actually cut him out, then the arc would become meaningless, right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2021 11:00 AM
Jan 2021
this season is turning out very boring
Jan 28, 2021 11:03 AM

Nov 2014
Leo said:
Just as everything was going well for the kids, they just had to be attacked. I wonder if those guys are affiliated with the farms and demons.

Also, was that woman that was tasked to bring the kids Isabella?
No mistake with the voice, it was Isabella.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2021 11:04 AM
Feb 2015
It still possible that they are rearranging things somehow , but still making it in a different story route , because if you stop the episode when the kids are looking at the book in that room with "HELP" you can clearly see to whom is that book hinting at.
Jan 28, 2021 11:05 AM

Jan 2021

Sonichhx said:
this season is turning out very boring

Hopefully things will pick up in later episodes???
With the re-introduction of Isabella things might get more interesting.
monkima ook ook.
Jan 28, 2021 11:05 AM
Dec 2020
I AM BEYOND FURIOUS RIGHT NOW. THEY CUT OUT THR ENTIRE GOLDY POND ARC FROM THE ANIME. THE GOLDY POND ARC WAS THE BEST AND MOST EMOTIONAL AND IT INTRODUCED MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS. CLOVERWORKS CUT YUUGO FROM THE MANGA AND WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ST THE END SINCE THEY WERENT ABLE TO MEET THR DEMONS AT GOLDY POND??? also besides the fact that they are COMPLETELY deviating from the manga, this series has felt so rushed so far but spends the majority of episodes focusing on trivial things. just read the manga everyone, it's so much better and more emotional.
Jan 28, 2021 11:07 AM
Nov 2019
hopefully theyll add yuugo and goldy pond later but i was really looking forward to seeing him this week
Jan 28, 2021 11:07 AM

Nov 2014
Aaaah, why are people quick to jump to conclusions? D: Just because Mister didn't show up this episode, doesn't it mean they have cut him out completely. If they did decide it, then the Goldy Pond arc would become utterly meaningless. Emma wears the braid in the OP and it's confirmed by my friend (who read the manga) that Emma gains it during the GP arc, so there is small hope.

Hold out for 7 more weeks before deciding this is Tokyo Ghoul Root A V.2.
Jan 28, 2021 11:09 AM

Nov 2014
Af071006 said:
I AM BEYOND FURIOUS RIGHT NOW. THEY CUT OUT THR ENTIRE GOLDY POND ARC FROM THE ANIME. THE GOLDY POND ARC WAS THE BEST AND MOST EMOTIONAL AND IT INTRODUCED MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS. CLOVERWORKS CUT YUUGO FROM THE MANGA AND WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ST THE END SINCE THEY WERENT ABLE TO MEET THR DEMONS AT GOLDY POND??? also besides the fact that they are COMPLETELY deviating from the manga, this series has felt so rushed so far but spends the majority of episodes focusing on trivial things. just read the manga everyone, it's so much better and more emotional.
And how did you come to that conclusion? Maybe the arc will be introduced differently and so will Mister and the others.
Jan 28, 2021 11:09 AM
Dec 2020
Dukino said:
Y'all are ridiculous. Trashing the anime cause its not following your precious manga to the letter. So pathetic whining I swear. Just go read the manga and gtfo if you have such a big issue with it. This is dumb all the complaining.

Is it so hard to be excited about what could possibly come from the manga author getting to rework their OWN STORY? its their work let them do with it what they will

OKAY I AGREE THE ANIME CAN BE SOMEWHAT ORIGINAL BUT THEY CUT OUT FIFTY CHAPTERS OF MANGA LIKE TEN TWENTY SURE NO PROBLEM BUT FIFTY??? also the story writing just feels rushed in general it's not even the fact it's not following the manga.
Jan 28, 2021 11:10 AM
Jul 2020
Honestly this episode was meh for me, I get changing SOME of the story but the anime’s switching the whole narrative of characters and plot lines (ex. Yuugo being cut, differences in the deal Isabella made).

It’s probably going to be good but most of the character development shown in the manga isn’t as strong. We’re only on episode 4 so who knows.
Jan 28, 2021 11:10 AM
Jun 2016
TheOneOfSeven said:
Aaaah, why are people quick to jump to conclusions? D: Just because Mister didn't show up this episode, doesn't it mean they have cut him out completely. If they did decide it, then the Goldy Pond arc would become utterly meaningless. Emma wears the braid in the OP and it's confirmed by my friend (who read the manga) that Emma gains it during the GP arc, so there is small hope.

It's already damaging to Yugo's character development, so even if he appears, he won't be nearly as good of a character as he was in the manga.
Jan 28, 2021 11:11 AM

Jan 2021
Af071006 said:

I'm pretty sure these changes were Kaiu Shirai's idea's, so don't blame cloverworks.
Also we don't know if goldy pond isn't happening for sure yet.
I agree, the original manga was really rushed, but I'm staying hopeful that the anime doesn't have those same issues.
monkima ook ook.

Sep 2019
"How did you know that there were two entries?"
"That's how shelters usually are" LMAO

The dude probably whispered "We will release your kid as well" to Isabella.
Dec 2020
TheOneOfSeven said:
Af071006 said:
And how did you come to that conclusion? Maybe the arc will be introduced differently and so will Mister and the others.

i sure hope so :( i just wanted to see yuugo animated so bad
Jan 28, 2021 11:14 AM

Aug 2020
Seeing how everybody is disappointed in how the anime is straying away from the manga, should I give the manga a go?
Jan 28, 2021 11:15 AM

Jan 2021
Af071006 said:
TheOneOfSeven said:

second that, but honestly
monkima ook ook.
Jan 28, 2021 11:16 AM
Jul 2020
This episode was kind of disappointing to me and probably some other manga readers. I get changing some of the arcs or removing a few but they’re changing entire narratives of characters (ex. Yuugo being cut, the deal Isabella made being different). Characters could also be introduced differently so I’m not angry about it.

Honestly I don’t doubt that this season will be good because the studio is working with the author but from what we’ve seen now the character development isn’t as strong as it is in the manga. Who knows at this point we’ve only gotten 4 episodes.
elloloveJan 28, 2021 11:23 AM
Jan 28, 2021 11:17 AM

Jan 2021
expired_0 said:
Seeing how everybody is disappointed in how the anime is straying away from the manga, should I give the manga a go?

Sure, the story line is super messy but it's definitely a fun read.
Since the anime isn't following the manga anymore I don't think it maters too much. :')
monkima ook ook.
Jan 28, 2021 11:17 AM
Aug 2016
I really don't see a reason to deviate form the manga this early...
I wanna have hope for them to give us a great anime original story, but for now I'm just disappointed for not beeing able to see some of my favourite parts form the Manga animated.
Jan 28, 2021 11:18 AM

Mar 2020
Well you've had your time to rest but in a game of tag with high stakes, your never safe. Putting Isabella back into the picture, the game of tag has just become much more difficult to win.
Jan 28, 2021 11:19 AM

Nov 2014
Ardis160 said:
TheOneOfSeven said:

It's already damaging to Yugo's character development, so even if he appears, he won't be nearly as good of a character as he was in the manga.
Well, you might never know that? We are already at episode 4, so we have 7 more weeks before we can think "Okay, they did cut him out."
Jan 28, 2021 11:20 AM

Nov 2014
mark_zucc said:
Af071006 said:

second that, but honestly
That would be just too cruel D:
Dec 2020
expired_0 said:

YESSSSSSSSS THE MANGA IS SO GOOD IM JUST SAD ABOUT THE ANIME CAUSE THE MANGA IS A MASTERPIECE

Sep 2018
This is bizarre. I understand that the latter parts of the manga didn't have the best reception - I wasn't a huge fan of them either - but going anime original like this so early on confuses me. It seems like certain characters and even entire arcs are going to be skipped or, at the very least, heavily altered from their manga context, but I can't really see why. If not for the added 'slice of life' scenes this episode, I'd assume they were rushing to conclude the series this season by cutting whatever they could, but it seems there's some other reason. While this is a bit disappointing, I'll remain tentatively optimistic that they can still do something good with it, though.
Jan 28, 2021 11:22 AM
Jan 2020
im not angry just dissapointed....

Jan 28, 2021 11:22 AM
Jul 2020
Still can’t believe the cut the entire Goldy pond arc (T ^ T) I mean, they’ve completely changed everything.
The first season was already so disappointing for me, but now... it just got worse!
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

507 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:48 AM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

202 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 14, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.