Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 15, 2021 4:56 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With Aoi's help, Tomozaki-kun starts his sortie on a step-by-step basis of talking to 3 girls: Minami, Yuzu and Fuka (of his rando choosing) for a start as classmates...and it doesn't take a genius to know that with Aoi around, she sets the mood as the intermediary between Tomozaki-kun and the others. Certainly didn't expect Minami to fling that way...

From conversations to posture, the goal is slowly increasing its difficulty for Tomozaki to reach (and earning IRL XP along the way). The true test for the NEET-turning-normie is between him and Minami a.k.a Mimimi, and bring in his Smash Bros. POV to converse with Minami's protection and support of the trouble-distant Hanabi a.k.a Tama, the circle grows ever bigger slowly. The help still has to come from Aoi to widen the spectrum as the extrovert friend of the circle.

With more game-themed conversations to introduce new and expand current topics, Aoi is really going the extra mile to help Tomozaki regain his footing through resources to push him further. Pretty excited to see where all of this'll turn out.

HEXactly! Aoi and Tomozaki...a date?
KANLen09Jan 16, 2021 7:13 AM
Jan 15, 2021 5:05 AM

Feb 2020
hmm i wonder who he'll end up dating as he can end up in a love triangle with the main girl and the blue haired girl
Jan 15, 2021 5:17 AM

Oct 2017
Tomozaki's first attempt at being social went really well. He's becoming friends with Mimimi and Tama. I really like Mimimi, she's a lively and cheerful girl. Tama's a real cutie thou, I like her type.

Thnx to Aoi, Shuuji's hostility towards Tomozaki has somewhat faded. Also I really love Aoi when she's talking about games, she turns into such a sweet behaving girl.

Looking forward to Tomozaki's date with Aoi.
Jan 15, 2021 5:24 AM

Jun 2012
Really great episode. First episode was a bit of a shocker with Aoi laying it on him brutally, but now that Tomozaki's slowly getting out of his shell it's got a lot more fun.
Jan 15, 2021 5:29 AM

Jul 2017
Tomozaki starting to learn to speak so some other girls, and they got good impression of him! He even now got real close to one of them to the point of walking home together. That's some real progress right there. Minami* is so cute and her laughs is golden.

Also nice moments from Aoi again in this eps, she defended her friends and Tomozaki from that boy gang, and also we got secretive be-social-Tomozaki meetings again. And now she planned a date with him ;) . Can't wait to see their date.

And nice scene of belly button and butt-muscle touching right there XD
AikotobaJan 22, 2021 5:45 AM
Jan 15, 2021 5:34 AM

Jun 2019
A good episode. Tomozaki finally opening up to other girls. Ngl, Minimi is really energetic. Too much sometimes..LoL. But I kinda like her.
I hope Tomozaki can actually keep up with all the things Aoi told him.
Jan 15, 2021 5:35 AM
Nov 2019
Better than the first episode but there is still room for improvement.
Jan 15, 2021 5:35 AM

Jul 2017
The first volume had a lot of cringey moments but it just feels like the anime tenfolded those. Some of the comedy in this episode was just... 'get me out of here' material, and the anime and the way it just came to life with how it was visualized and recited made me feel even more uncomfortable with everyone (I find everyone else more annoying than Tomozaki ironically in this series at this point at least). At least Tomozaki is getting some exposure with communicating with others in his class and trying to adjust little things like his posture like what he learned from Aoi to get a better feel for the whole game of life in a sense.
Jan 15, 2021 5:37 AM

Apr 2019
Tomozaki slowly but surely developing his conversational skills, good to see. I think it's good to develop conversational skills but he doesn't really need to be popular/have a girlfriend if he doesn't want to be. Also I predict that Hinami is gonna be his future gf. Mimimi is a pretty fun character.

Jan 15, 2021 5:42 AM

Nov 2016
Tomozaki was lucky that Mimimi is so easy going and that Hinami supported so well xD In the end he managed to learn something. Enjoyable episode, it's hilarious how they analyzed chit-chatting like that.

autism/5

Nice yuri teasing, tho, kind of a shame that Mimimi couldn't handle the heat, but I still like her.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 15, 2021 5:42 AM
Jul 2020
Nice episode it has some funny parts too with some basic rules of conversation at the end but on top of everything i found minami's eyes beautiful when she was waking alone with tomozaki
Jan 15, 2021 5:50 AM
Apr 2020
Nice and enjoyable episode. ED is so cute!

Mimimi is a ball of energy amd friendly, I guess she have a quite sad backstory.

I think Tama and Fumiya aren't compatible. lol

Fuuka looks like someone who has a secret crush to Fumiya. lol

Mimimi and Aoi tickling/playing with each other is quite unexpected and funny. lol

For me, Aoi is the perfect girlfriend for Fumiya. They both know each others secret and are comfortable around each other. And they're going on a date next episode!

Ao_SkyJan 15, 2021 5:54 AM
Jan 15, 2021 5:57 AM

Sep 2019
It was better than the first episode since Tomozaki didn’t say “life is a trash game”. That yuri bait hurt me. I didn’t like the scene where they laughed/not laughed at Tomozaki’s “joke”.
Jan 15, 2021 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was pretty nice, looks like things are going well so far, tomozaki is making some progress. that blue haired girl though...
Jan 15, 2021 6:19 AM
Apr 2019
certainly better than the first episode, liked this a lot.
Jan 15, 2021 6:21 AM

Nov 2017
A lot better than the first episode which had all that cringe gamer talk, surprisingly they went much more in depth into the whole improvement aspect than I had anticipated all I’m worried about is if this will turn into a harem which will ruin it for me, hope this can end up being something decent.
Jan 15, 2021 6:31 AM
Apr 2019
I must admit that Tomozaki's actions reminded me of my awkward stage during highschool. The interaction and how I talked towards other people resonates me lol Still improving as of now just like him.

To be honest, it's a real improvement of Tomozaki for him to talk like that to someone for the first time. It really starts with small conversation, and being able to speak what's on your mind. What a Good episode!
Jan 15, 2021 6:32 AM
Aug 2020
RapidShadow said:
A lot better than the first episode which had all that cringe gamer talk, surprisingly they went much more in depth into the whole improvement aspect than I had anticipated all I’m worried about is if this will turn into a harem which will ruin it for me, hope this can end up being something decent.
Nah man don't worry about it, it ain't gonna turn into a harem.
Jan 15, 2021 7:00 AM

Jan 2016
Tomozaki is advancing in the game of Life and he already made so many friends.

Kudos to Hinami!
Jan 15, 2021 7:02 AM

May 2020
Very enjoyable episode! A lot of progress has been made by Tomzaki. He's now starting conversations, fixing his posture, and even walking home with a girl. But his smile definitely needs some work lol.

I really like Minami, she's cute, cheerful, and has a lot of energy. That yuri scene where she was biting Tama's ear and touching Hinami's bellybutton was really funny.

It looks like Tomozaki and Hinami are planning to go out. Definitely looking forward to seeing that!

Jan 15, 2021 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
Really good episode and I already like Mimimi a lot. She's such a cheerful character. But that Yuri bait tho... XD

Things are going well for Tomozaki so far and now he has to go out on some sort of a date with Hinami. Let's see how that goes.

Jan 15, 2021 7:54 AM

Aug 2017
Love Mimimi character.

Good episode again, but things are going smoother than I expected. Not that it's a bad thing though.

Looking forward to the date.
Jan 15, 2021 8:00 AM
Jan 2021
Woop woop! Very happy with how they’re adapting this volume, and tbh this was really funny. Better than Episode 1 and the quality seems pretty consistent. Very excited for how they adapt the date to anime form!
Jan 15, 2021 8:07 AM

Dec 2014
Great stuff, really liking this.

Hinami and Mimimi are my favorites so far, love the energy from both of them. I also liked the two girls who sit next to Tomozaki. We haven't seen much of Hanabi though.

The yuri tease scene was definitely the best part, great stuff there. :P

Tomozaki's already well on his way to being able to hold a conversation and it makes sense to me that he's able to speak his mind easily and finds it weird that other people can't. It's an interesting thing you learn as you grow up. Also, loved how Hinami lights up when she started talking about the game she liked.

Looking forward to more.
Jan 15, 2021 8:12 AM
Oct 2019
artofconversation.in
The course is being provided for free in this anime
Jan 15, 2021 8:34 AM

Jan 2021
Episode 2 was a lot better than 1 in my opinion, more development for our MC Tomozaki in his social skills.

I haven't read any of the LNs yet so I'm excited where this'll head to especially Hinami and Tomozaki's date.

I think I'll watch this one through the end.

Hopefully, it won't turn into another disappointment or a harem anime.
Sore wa chigau yo! - Junko Enoshima, probably
Jan 15, 2021 8:38 AM

Aug 2018
Better setup than Horimiya so far, yet Horimiya is over an 8 but this is less than 7. Interesting taste MAL users have.
Jan 15, 2021 8:44 AM

Mar 2020
Fumiya's levelling up!

Minami is an energetic and athletic girl, complete opposite of Fumiya although they get along pretty well.

Fumiya is attempting to complete tasks Aoi is handing him to improve his social skills. Well everyday he's trying to put himself in a conversation so soon enough he will be able socialize like a normal human being.
Jan 15, 2021 8:46 AM

Feb 2019
Idc what the nerds say, I love this show. I love how Tomozaki is making a real effort to better himself and connect with other people. I love the girls, the comedy is funny and the show just goes by so quickly because of it. Will check out the LNs for sure!
Jan 15, 2021 9:33 AM

Sep 2020
In this episode, we got to see Tomozaki-Kun taking another step forward!

He has now befriended Minami, an energetic kawai girl!><

We got to see Tama's problem of not fitting in the right place!

Now, let's see what happens next and how Tomozaki-Kun starts/drags the conversation!

Jan 15, 2021 9:34 AM

Oct 2018
And so, the journey begins for Tomozaki-kun to level grinding IRL from bottom-tier character to top-tier character!

First is Yuzu Izumi, well things don't look too good after the conversation shift to Fuuka Kikuchi! Second is Mimimi here and wow, another yuri character! Also good job Aoi for defending Mimimi, Tama, and Tomozaki from this vengeful Shuji!

Next episode is gonna be interesting, looks like we're gonna see Tomozaki strike a new topic and keep the topic running! Can't wait to see how this shakes out! XD

Also, about Tama! I think she cannot adapt to the sudden change in the conversation, in this case when Nakamura Shuji appear and the environment suddenly become tense because of the fight that is happening between Shuji and Mimimi!
Forum set made by Nate
Jan 15, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2015
when i started this anime i thought itd be a complete "omg im a gamer im lonely hurdurr" cringe story
but im really starting to like it alot, i love the progression in tomozaki's conversational skills and im rooting on him to improve

also minami best girl so far
Jan 15, 2021 9:49 AM

Mar 2019
so, she goes from despising him to helping him out, even asking him out on a date?
Yeah, this one isn't gonna be a highlight of the season.
Jan 15, 2021 9:53 AM
Nov 2017
So far, I feel like this is a pretty good show for introverts to help them come out of their shells a bit.
Jan 15, 2021 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
"Can you chill, I'm just touching your butt"

Please Help (⊙_⊙')
Jan 15, 2021 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Aw this is turning out to be a pretty good show. Love the opening, to me it kind of resembles the op from the anime Gamers. Maybe it's just me. Is this show secretly a harem or something? Obviously our main guy is going to end up with Aoi, but it looks like the others are gonna fall for him too. At the same time it might throw us a curveball cliche and he's going to lose his reputation or something after saying something weird/cringe while talking to them. I think that would be the kind of conflict they are going for.

Anyways this weeks episode was actually pretty good compared to the introductory episode last week. I'm looking forward to the next!

Crollybear said:
So far, I feel like this is a pretty good show for introverts to help them come out of their shells a bit.

Oh wow this is actually a good thought about the show! Now that I think about it, so far it really does look like a hidden guide on how to make friends for those who aren't really good at making them in the first place. Especially since it's in anime form as well, I wouldn't say all, but I definitely know that some of you anime fans have a hard time making friends. This episode actually showed a good representation on how real life basic conversations actually go.
removed-userJan 15, 2021 10:19 AM
Jan 15, 2021 10:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Being able to converse freely with your peers is one of the most fundamental rules of modern day society after all. Without that you as well not contribute to society. When Aoi strikes she does so with devastating force huh. Still that was a pretty nice save from Aoi that also managed to get Fumiya noticed by the class as well. Its nice to see Fumiya make some friends within the class. Still Aoi's plans really were pretty well thought out. Minami certainly has the right kind of attitude though. No matter how grim times can be welcoming each day and each person with a smile will go a long way in allowing both of you to take that day on. Despite their differences Minami and Tama actually make an interesting pair. Those flash cards though looked like they cost Aoi quite a new nights of hard work to create. Overall an interesting ep that really served to expand upon Aoi as a character. If anything once she graduates she'll be a perfect teacher. Its nice to see Fumiya start to find himself in the class by forging new friendships.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2021 10:46 AM

Aug 2014
Surprisingly enough, the second episode is very fun to watch. I hope it can keep on improving.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 15, 2021 11:10 AM

Jan 2016
is this suppose to help actual real life people? Because this shit ain't as easy as the show wants it to be. Tomozaki is already easily talking with the most popular people in the class, ALSO nobody makes any remarks about him being a weirdo like Aoi did in ep1... Atleast it seems that it won't be too preachy
Jan 15, 2021 11:13 AM
May 2017
This is a pretty good anime for antisocial people out there.

But why the starting score is so low?
Jan 15, 2021 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Question from an anime-only: is there any actual lesbian romance in this, or was that one scene in this episode just bait? Is there more to Aoi and Minami's relationship?
Jan 15, 2021 12:37 PM
Aug 2020
girlfriendluvr said:
Question from an anime-only: is there any actual lesbian romance in this, or was that one scene in this episode just bait? Is there more to Aoi and Minami's relationship?
There isn't really any type of lesbian romance, though if I'm correct there is one more interesting scene like the one in this episode but that's it.
Jan 15, 2021 1:03 PM

Jun 2019
My problems with this anime still persist.

The MC gets a lot of his progress handed to him by following the intricate plan and getting saved when things are not going perfect. All he has to do is try without worrying about any real failure because Aoi will save him.

Most of this anime is not as frustrating as I expected, but I really do not like all of the perverted, fanservice camera angles. They just make this anime feel even more incel-y and unlikeable.
Jan 15, 2021 1:37 PM
Jul 2019
Mimimi attepting to kiss Aoi......wtf either she's lesbian or Bisexual.

Ya know Aoi basically is one bitchy girl that can be consider as a good bitch, given that she basically act like the guy's life coach.....
Jan 15, 2021 1:37 PM

Jan 2016
I enjoyed the episode but they cut out a lot of characterization and inner monoluges that were important.

RobinTheKing said:
is this suppose to help actual real life people? Because this shit ain't as easy as the show wants it to be. Tomozaki is already easily talking with the most popular people in the class, ALSO nobody makes any remarks about him being a weirdo like Aoi did in ep1... Atleast it seems that it won't be too preachy

It is very hard for him, but the Anime won't show inner monoluges, you'll have to read the novels for that

Also, the fact that Hinami defended him and is talking to him affects how people approach him
Jan 15, 2021 1:45 PM
Jan 2018
What the hell ?
This episode was really good in comparison to the last one! And there was no "Gamer Moment". This actually might be alright.
Jan 15, 2021 1:58 PM

Apr 2018
That was quite a fun episode. Mimimi is cute :3

It was funny when Mimimi was teasing Aoi by "tickling" her.

Finally, he learns how to talk like a normal person through life, and he's kinda lucky for meeting Mimimi because she is really easy to talk to.
Jan 15, 2021 2:19 PM

Sep 2020
RobinTheKing said:

Didn't you pay attention? Talk easily? Literally, Tomozaki talking with Mimimi was really uncomfortable, in the novels it is more noticeable due to the monologue, but even in the anime it was made clear to us Tomozaki's social awkwardness when it comes to communicating and his lack of ability.

I don't understand where you get that he talks easily to popular people ... Then, the walking scene of Tomozaki and Mimimi, in this case it is later made clear, Tomozaki was able to converse calmly due to Mimimi's frivolous and outgoing personality.

Why should they declare that Tomozaki is a weirdo? Not only would they be unnatural (Hinami did, yes, but Hinami did it because of the disappointment she felt, and it should be noted that they weren't even in class). Oh, by the way, even so, there is a scene in the novel (I don't know if it will come out in the third episode), where Tomozaki tries to converse as a group and the other guys say "Tomozaki is really a weirdo." The fact is that you don't give history a chance, and you don't pay attention either, surely you're just one more riajuu out of a bunch.
Being alone is not synonymous with being lonely.

Jan 15, 2021 2:27 PM

Sep 2020
I would like people to finally pay more attention to it. The assholes who judge by the first episode only and take this story as just an edgy self insert should give the story more time. Unlike Oregairu or others, the MC does have the objective of changing from the beginning (yes, I know that Hachiman develops too, but it is different).

No, this is not a harem.

Being alone is not synonymous with being lonely.

Jan 15, 2021 2:37 PM

Feb 2019
at least didn't have a horrid speech, but it was also pretty saccharinely ridiculous in that it went a harem and every single girl he interacted with immediately loved him, with the only 'conflict' being that one dude being a jerk. So the girl jumped in and called him a loser who was dumped for being a loser, and everybody, including him, laughed about it and went back to being super besties.
Not quite a compelling drama.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

181 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 4, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Which is your favorite ship?

TheCryBabyHero - Nov 22, 2023

16 by Nathan_Murphy »»
May 2, 3:13 AM

» Anyone else disappointed on whom does tomozaki date? (LN SPOILERS)

Elma_fer - Mar 20, 2021

23 by Mikhail0703 »»
Mar 28, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

201 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

123 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 7:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.