Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, seeing Hikage and Hinata this episode is hilarious especially when they tackled Tamaki. It's funny how they tease her. They're both surprisingly powerful though.

On the other hand, Shinra decided to grow stronger with training so I suppose this is more of a buildup episode. The training he underwent through this episode gave me a good laugh tbh.
Stark700Dec 4, 2020 10:54 AM
Dec 4, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
The VERY LAST link of Season 2: addressing the Adolla Link connection, starting with Company 7's Lieutenant Konro.

LO AND BEHOLD, a meeting with a White-Clad, and sick to clear as quick. Konro's past with an Infernal Demon doppelganger that unlocked his powers and opening up the Underworld, that definitely raises infodump. But to get further, asking the tutelage of Benimaru once again for more training, and as expected, the young ones of Shinra, Arthur, and even Tamaki joins in to throw her useless past away and renew her powers.

HEH while burning both Shinra and Arthur on a stake and cross because traditions, Hinata and Hikage are back again, only to teach Tamaki though, and being rough with her because reasons, and definitely NOT playing around. Even in Tamaki's days before being a Fire Force soldier, she's already achieved pervert status and earning the ire of onlookers LOL.

As if Tamaki's backstory is anything to write home about, it's quite ironic that the person she looked up to is the deceased Company 1 Lieutenant Rekka, and Season 1 has already proved her wreckful history, not to mention the constant lingering of her "Lucky Lecher" situations.

If anything, the tutelages of both Hinata and Hikage has broken through Tamaki's weakness, BUT DEFINITELY NOT THE LUCKY PERVERT STUFF.

Last episode next...I'm left to wonder how this'll all end.
KANLen09Dec 4, 2020 10:04 PM
Dec 4, 2020 10:27 AM
Oct 2017
Seeing as nothing major is happening and we only have 1 episode left, there will be a season 3 then?
Dec 4, 2020 10:28 AM
Sep 2015
If Rekka's just gonna appear this much, revive him already!!!

Konro reminds me of Okita Souji, good sword skill with illness, at least according to modern pop culture.

And Benimura is Konro's protector, but they're more like civil partnership couple, with two adopted daughters.

Next episode will serve as an announcement for the next season. Might be in summer again, in 2021.
Dec 4, 2020 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
It was good to see the twin sisters, Hinata and Hikage. That was some rough training for Tamaki. At least she unlocked some of her true powers.

With one episode left, I hope they announce a third season for this.

Dec 4, 2020 10:41 AM
Oct 2016
The episode that all Tamaki haters have been waiting for! Getting that solid development. I really enjoyed this one. The young fire soldiers going back to Asakusa this time with Tamaki. Shinra going to see what's up with Konro after figuring out he's seen Adolla too. Konro simply facing that weird doppelganger infernal that gave him his injuries along with that scar made him see Adolla. Shinra is right that everyone who's seen it seems to have a scar marking the event. Konro isn't a bad guy though just had a crazy experience back in the day. Hibana tagging along with Shinra made it about funnier.

Tamaki got her new move! Peeling back the layers of her self doubt and shame. She just went with the flow for so long not thinking about what she really wanted to do. Everyone at the Academy looking down on her making Tamaki lock away her true powers and potential because she felt she couldn't offer anything. This episode training with Hikage and Hinata unlocking that latent power. Loved seeing the flashbacks intercut with the game of tag, drove home how important everything Tamaki has been through really is. She's seen comrades go down right in front of her and doesn't want to feel that way again. She is the Nekomata!
Dec 4, 2020 10:50 AM
Sep 2020
I loved Tamaki's background, finally they have characterised a character who was funny and not great just like the others. However I would have loved it if Tamaki had already become aware during the school reacting to bullies.

Great anime until now, I hope it'll get a third season confirmed.
Dec 4, 2020 11:02 AM

Oct 2017
Hika and Hina's always amusing.
Dec 4, 2020 11:02 AM

Nov 2016
I'm always up for a training episode and this one had some development for Tamaki too. Nothing outstanding tbh, but it was decent.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 4, 2020 11:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's some hardcore training xD And it's really nice to know more about Tamaki, she's such a good character
Dec 4, 2020 11:31 AM
Aug 2020
Tamaki haters ain’t gonna like this episode but overall what a great episode, finally getting benimaru back being a teacher for shinra, arthur and tamaki, tamaki really showed her perseverance proving all the haters wrong, really liked her transformation and her fight against hinata and hikage, next friday is the final episode of this great series, hopefully a season 3 announcement is confirmed.
Dec 4, 2020 11:37 AM
Apr 2018
Never mind season 3 if it's not done by David Production.
Dec 4, 2020 11:39 AM

Aug 2020
ahhhhhhhh Tamaki is kinda cool ngl and I'm glad Benimaru is back !!

Dec 4, 2020 11:42 AM

Jun 2015
Didnt even know there was such a thing as Tamaki haters until I read comments in this thread. Probably fat, ugly as sin, blue checked marked twitter feminists/jealous former classmates if there is anyone out there who does not like her.

Can't believe the show is winding down to the end, I'm hoping more planned and perhaps closing can give us some epic cliffhanger or something. This show is so epic I wish it was running weekly throughout the year until we get to the story conclusion. Bring it!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 4, 2020 12:17 PM

Mar 2017
And this is the part where I started to really like Tamaki and her character.

She was always fine, but there wasn’t much going for her before, so it was really nice to see her develop and gain a resolve. It’s also nice to see that her “Lucky Lecher” thing actually did affect her in her life rather than just only being a comedy/fanservice thing. This was a really good Tamaki moment imo.
Dec 4, 2020 12:40 PM
Mar 2020
That was some ridiculous background animation for the Tamaki chase scene. Wth David P. Blows me away every week.
Dec 4, 2020 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
Cool, but what's the deal with the eyes in the episode?

REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 4, 2020 1:42 PM
Apr 2016
trying to force character development into Tamaki, after 2 whole seasons where she was absolutely useless and only there for fan service, doesn t work for me.

I don t know about tamaki haters, i guess they hate fan service which i understand. I m glad they are trying to make her more serious, but it s too late and it doesn t feel right in the flow of events.
Dec 4, 2020 1:43 PM
Nov 2019
SHINOBI-03 said:

Used up the budget on Tamaki running.
Dec 4, 2020 1:44 PM

Oct 2020
I liked that there was some development of Tamaki for the first time. She also used her full power and wasn't completely useless for once. I thought the ending was funny as well with Shinra and Arthur.
Dec 4, 2020 2:15 PM

Feb 2019
47th straight 10/10 FF episode. Thank you so much D.Pro. Tamaki v the Twins was awesome.

One more episode of the season and I’m gonna be so sad to see it end. I’m sure season 3 announcement isn’t far away and we still got the manga heating up too.
Dec 4, 2020 2:18 PM

Jul 2013
Konro is a complete badass. Dude was able to one-shot that White Clad despite being crippled, what a beast.

Nice development for Tamaki too, was nice for her to decide to get stronger after what happened to Juggernaut last arc. We got to know about her background and she got a nice upgrade too.
Hina and Hika are beyond savage, felt very bad for Tamaki for having to deal with them xD

Poor Arthur and Shinra at the end lol.

Only thing I didn't like from the episode was that they skipped
, but it was no big deal and I understand that they had to skip it due time constraints, so it's fine.

Time flies so far, cannot believe it was July when this second season started, and next week will sadly end :( I really hope for the announcement of a third season after this one ends, cause it would be amazing.
Dec 4, 2020 2:39 PM

Sep 2019
I like Tamaki and her overused fanservice, so I enjoyed this episode. There’s only 1 episode left, time really does fly.
Dec 4, 2020 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
Damn Tamaki grew stronger out of nowhere. That's good! Let's hope she's a little less useless now :D

Shinra and Arthur got some good "training" lol. Arthur at the birthday boy seat made me crack up so hard.
Dec 4, 2020 3:21 PM

Aug 2018
Low quality faces for this episode ! Like seriously it's horrible to have those blank faces...

I kinda think this season will end peacefully : the opening kinda hinted a last battle with the 7th & 5th, but it probably won't happen
Dec 4, 2020 3:44 PM

Apr 2020
glad to see the Tamaki's backgroud animated and how she unlocked her power by realizing the importance of camaraderie in the 8th. i really like the nekomata fireball and mother kitsune visuals! Hina y Hika are just great ´▽`well, all 7th are great jeje

love the detail of cats on the roofs (ΦωΦ)

will see how Shinra and Arthur continue that only had a hazing for now. and the whole doppelganger thing is here

Dec 4, 2020 4:09 PM

Oct 2017
People complain about Tamaki before and complain about her now lol. This story happened in 2016, it didn't even spend 1 year on the anime time line. Applying an anime's production time in the real world to the anime's timeline doesn't even make sense.
Dec 4, 2020 4:11 PM

Jul 2013
Hibana and Shinra are mad cute together.

Tamaki the two tailed cat :p seriously, her power-up was very Naruto/nine tailed fox. Sooooo glad to see her level-up.

Arthur and Shinra getting cooked like meat was too funny.

I can't believe this is the second to last episode of season two.
Dec 4, 2020 4:21 PM

Jan 2009
lots of sakuga in this episode

the doppelganger plot is finally here

and nice that Tamaki finally level up in power too

also Hibana is sexy hot again
Dec 4, 2020 4:54 PM

Sep 2020
OMG FINALLYYYYYYY!
Finally Tamaki gets an useful ability and actually becomes stronger.
Hibana was really kawaii during the girlfriend part.
Great episode!

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Dec 4, 2020 5:25 PM

May 2020
An actual development for Tamaki... It can't be true... Right?
Sarcasm out, I'm glad she is finally do something more than just work as fanservice though.

Dec 4, 2020 6:29 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, Shinra and his dumb gangs went to Asakusa again to had a little training session with Captain Benimaru. Captain Hibana, surprisingly had an appearance again after such a long absence in the entire season. I am glad she still had a crush toward Shinra, its so much. Then her sweet time at Asakusa must be enough to put it into an unforgettable memories for her. Lol. Unfortunately, her screen time was off again, due to another research of her to found out more information about the doppelganger that posessed the demonic infernal at Konroe's case. Well, its getting interesting there, but they got me into another part, where Tamaki got serious.

Ah, backstory of Tamaki kinda sad. She was always put into a lot of trouble because of her lechery role of joke that author designed to her fate. I felt bad, but what can i do? Only to feel sorry. However, her determination had its peak after facing against a duo little fire kitsune. She wanted to change herself into a better girl, and releasing all the flames power she had. And yes, its successfully shut those chibi trap and be acknowledged by Captain. Her screen time surprisingly is so good, and, ehm, her fanservice never cease to amazed me.

Okay, lets get serious, gangs. Because Benimaru might be put you into a grill again. Lol. So, lets face the last episode of the fire forces with a fire will!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 4, 2020 6:59 PM
Jun 2019
This episode was one of the best till Tamaki top just burns away it ruined the moment for me it felt so good watching her actually kick butt and do something
Dec 4, 2020 7:10 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode, Konro is a badass. He don't need no flames to fuck you up but, his powers seemed so cool in that fight against the Infernal 2 years ago.

Lmao, Beni is probably making Shinra and Arthur more fire resistant but the way he's doing it is hilarious. The Tamaki backstory was great, and it's interesting to see that she already had this much power but, she was just suppressing it due to some self confidence issues, she just needed a push.

Last episode next week, I am 100% sure there's going to be a 3rd season. Looking forward to the last episode.
Dec 4, 2020 7:12 PM

Jul 2020
so my fav ship is sailing for this ep cpt Hibana x Shinra <3

i didn't know that she had a sad past, poor Tamaki i thought she was a tottaly fan service character
Dec 4, 2020 7:20 PM

Jan 2020
lmao, poor Tamaki

But all for good, first "attack"
ldanesDec 4, 2020 7:24 PM

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Dec 4, 2020 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
Tamaki is still a fucking joke of a character that could've been good not buying one episode of training is suddenly enough to make her anything more than that as much i wish the same gag at the end really didn't help.

we'll see..
Dec 4, 2020 7:50 PM

Feb 2018
SHINOBI-03 said:

It always like that from Season 1 Episode 1. They choose to not draw the eyes when the camera is zoomed out.
Dec 4, 2020 8:28 PM

Jan 2020
I thought this was pretty good. I'm glad Tamaki is getting development

Dec 4, 2020 10:17 PM

Jun 2019
Ayyy Tamaki is no longer useless! I think her form looks a little dumb, but it’s a small price to pay for being useful. The animation when she was moving in that form was stout though.
Dec 4, 2020 10:23 PM

Apr 2020
The last episodes of Season 2 and damn they proved me wrong. Konro did have that connection with Adolla before, and now Doppelganger will be an issue to the Fire Force as well. And for another time, we're having a TRAINING ARC with our very trusted teachers, Shinmon Benimaru and the 7th.

Shinra and Arthur will be in Benimaru's care while Tamaki is going to be accompanied by Hina & Hika, the foxy twins. Tamaki is curious if they are good girls, our answer to that is NO, THEY'RE NOT. Looks like Hina/Hika and Tamaki are going to have a tag game, and to see if Tamaki lasts for one minute. We got her flashback scenes when she was a student. And it seems like all her life she is being carried by others and constricting herself of her true potential. And with those scars of her past, she finally unleashes her true power.

After all the slip ups, after all the lechery, after all that CULTURED NUDITY she finally had her own CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. The fox twins failed and Tamaki lasted for a minute. Shinmon congratulates Tamaki as she finally had her "Firecat" power, good job girl I know you had it in you. On the other hand, Shinra and Arthur are being crucified on fire. Aw Shinmon with your questionable teaching methods.

Now next week is the last episode and it is not that climatic, let's be honest. Hopefully we have a new revelation, or else these last episodes will seem to be lackluster (or tbh pretty much the last half of the second season).
Dec 5, 2020 1:29 AM

Jun 2014
Nice to see Tamaki getting some development and improving her abilities, hopefully she'll be stronger in future fights now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 5, 2020 3:05 AM

Apr 2015
An episode with Tamaki development, honestly the whole tag sequence with Hina and Hika was amazing, the twins really had to trash talk Tamaki to get her serious. Her backstory was a bit sad, but nothing too shocking. The animation used when Tamaki was running from the twins was superb as well. This was a valuable lesson for Tamaki!

Benimaru has a rather interesting way of training Shinra and Arthur. That crucifix at the end had me cracking up. They may be very questionable, but I am sure they will pay off...
Dec 5, 2020 3:48 AM
Mar 2020
Ohhh Tamaki power up. animators flexed quite a bit as well
Dec 5, 2020 5:57 AM

Apr 2018
Top tier animation.
Dec 5, 2020 7:26 AM
Apr 2019
Glad to see that Tamaki backstory and her motivation to give rise to her potential during Hina and Hika's fight. This show needs Season 3, since the real spice like
are not yet animated.
Dec 5, 2020 7:56 AM

Nov 2020
i'm happy tamaki is finally being developed!! i hope she becomes a little more than fan service from now on :D
Dec 5, 2020 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
The tamaki training was really cool, a very interesting cat transformation.

next episode looks like it will be the last episode.

Dec 5, 2020 8:49 AM

Apr 2013
Haha Beni burning Shinra and Arthur on stake, and Tamaki getting her ass slapped by the twins for half the episode was pretty good too. Hope the training actually got Tamaki somewhere so she will be useful in the future and it won't just go to waste.
Poor Tamaki didn't want to sit with others for some time because of her curse.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

162 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

86 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2020

83 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

127 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

85 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 12:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.