Forum Settings
Forums

Which do you guys like more Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train or Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel III - Spring Song

New
Nov 28, 2020 2:49 AM
Aug 2020
I haven't watch either of them so I want to see what you guys opinions are.

More on the production side of thing rather than the story.
NaverrNov 28, 2020 11:52 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2020 3:09 AM

Jan 2019
Now that I've seen both, there's just no way I'm choosing a movie adaptation of a short arc, where the manga flaws are still very visible, over the climax of one of the best written stories ever.

HF3 felt superior in almost everything, even the death at the end in KnY was not even close to the emotions felt in any HF3 scene (If you actually understand the characters obviously). And of course HF3 is way deeper thanks to the lore and philosophical aspects of most of its writing.
Karnox001May 2, 2021 7:49 AM
Nov 28, 2020 4:00 AM
Aug 2020
Karnox001 said:
Is this for people who saw both or for everyone? Because very few people did so far.

Yeah, thats's why I'm curious
Nov 28, 2020 4:17 AM

Feb 2019
Nobody over the age of 3 is going to say Demon Slayer.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Nov 28, 2020 5:58 AM

Aug 2009
Thigh_Tide said:
Then we are gonna have a problem here.

But for real, at least MAL wise, Mugen Train will be higher than HF. Fate, and especially HF, arent mainstream shounen anime to draw in every casual out there.

Unless haters bomb its score.
Nov 28, 2020 7:23 AM
Jan 2017
This is going to start a war. Like I don't get it,there's no reason to compare them. Mugen train is just one of the arc in the middle of the story. Hf3 is the climax to the whole Fate stay night
Nov 28, 2020 8:47 AM

May 2015
Like DoTaku said... I don't like direct comparisons like this because it creates butthurt disc. They're two different movies trying to accomplish different things. Mugen Train is a transitional arc. Spring Song is the climax of Fate. At best, you can talk about the production of both

Nov 28, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 2015
The amount of people who saw both movies in here can be counted on one hand, i imagine i will like HF more since Sudo is better director and he let Miura handle the climax fight unlike Kimetsu which is going to copy-paste the manga panels for majority of the movie.

Thigh_Tide said:

Kimetsu does actually have wide range of fans(from children to seniors) unlike fate which 70% are 20-30 old male.

and basically every animation award in Japan will be going to Kimetsu
Nov 28, 2020 9:27 AM
Dec 2007
I didn't see Mugen Train, but I did get to see Heaven's Feel III in theaters. I can't possibly see how anything can top it as far as animation and visuals are concerned. The story was great as well, though a bit hard to follow seeing as how its a VN adaptation and its hard to fit anything in it. Also, going off of what I have seen of Demon Slayer so far, I doubt I would like Mugen Train as much as I liked Heaven's Feel. I just prefer Fate stuff over Demon Slayer and I don't really liike shonen battle anime as a genre.
Nov 28, 2020 9:44 AM

Jan 2019
Dab1za9 said:
Sudo is better director and he let Miura handle the climax fight

Where did you heard this? Do you have a source? Also, which fight are you referring to?
Nov 28, 2020 10:01 AM
Jul 2015
Karnox001 said:
Dab1za9 said:
Sudo is better director and he let Miura handle the climax fight

Where did you heard this? Do you have a source? Also, which fight are you referring to?

It is known that Miura handled the three big fights in HF(Lancer vs Assassin, Saber Alter vs Herc(the whole Einzbern castle section is by him) and Saber alter vs Rider), I meant Saber alter vs Rider here.
It is mentioned in the booklet.
Nov 28, 2020 10:03 AM

Jan 2019
Dab1za9 said:
Karnox001 said:

It is known that Miura handled the three big fights in HF(Lancer vs Assassin, Saber Alter vs Herc(the whole Einzbern castle section is by him) and Saber alter vs Rider), I meant Saber alter vs Rider here.

Thank you for answering, I didn't know that. Is there any way to see/read that booklet online? I'm very interested in it.
Karnox001Nov 28, 2020 10:24 AM
Nov 28, 2020 10:12 AM
Jul 2015
Karnox001 said:
Dab1za9 said:

It is known that Miura handled the three big fights in HF, I meant Saber alter vs Rider here.

Thank you for answering, I didn't know that. Is there any way to see/read that booklet online? I'm very interested in it.

It is not translated
https://imgur.com/a/2YzK2RC

some notable stuff from it.

I feel like the first paragraph hints that not everything went smoothly.
Notable info:
- Tsunematsu directed the scene in the car and the part when Illya talks about you know who
- Nasu and Takeuchi singing praises about Miura and his storyboards, even though, at first they had a hard time imagining they could top the Saber vs Berserker fight.
- Sudo praising the AD work of Kouji Akiyama and Yaeko Watanabe
- Teiichi Takiguchi did the last part (synced with music)
- Nasu says that due to his inexperience Sakura's reception was mixed and that's why he wrote Fate/Extra CCC to "save" her. He was afraid that animating HF would expose his flaws again but ended up being impressed by the adaptation and said that if the HF route was adapted earlier he wouldn't have to write F/E CCC.

Sudo explains that he wanted the Shirou x Kirei fight to be more grounded compared to all the fights between servants but in exchange he wanted every punch to have a meaningful impact on their bodies also blades are hard to draw
Nov 28, 2020 10:20 AM

Jan 2019
Dab1za9 said:

It is not translated

Notable info:
- Tsunematsu directed the scene in the car and the part when Illya talks about you know who
- Nasu and Takeuchi singing praises about Miura and his storyboards, even though, at first they had a hard time imagining they could top the Saber vs Berserker fight.
- Nasu says that due to his inexperience Sakura's reception was mixed and that's why he wrote Fate/Extra CCC to "save" her. He was afraid that animating HF would expose his flaws again but ended up being impressed by the adaptation and said that if the HF route was adapted earlier he wouldn't have to write F/E CCC.

Sudo explains that he wanted the Shirou x Kirei fight to be more grounded compared to all the fights between servants but in exchange he wanted every punch to have a meaningful impact on their bodies also blades are hard to draw

This is amazing, thank you dude!!
Karnox001Nov 28, 2020 10:26 AM
Nov 28, 2020 5:33 PM
Jan 2017
Dab1za9 said:
Karnox001 said:

It is not translated

Notable info:

So no CCC anime? That sucks, that one's peak Extra
Nov 29, 2020 1:02 AM

Aug 2009
DoTaku_2002 said:
Dab1za9 said:

It is not translated

So no CCC anime? That sucks, that one's peak Extra

The only reason we wont see CCC or any other Extra anime is because Last Encore was shit.
Nov 29, 2020 5:20 PM

Feb 2019
HF3. It's like just better. Don't get me wrong, both movies are great and both movies have great OSTs and animation. This is just an arbitrary opinion.
Nov 29, 2020 7:49 PM
Oct 2020
I just finished spring song today and iam overwhelmed by emotions! All characters reached their full potential and we've got so many profound and interesting dialogues.
The animation's are gorgeous and the fight between rider vs saber alter is just incredible!
Ufotable definitely nailed it! 10/10 for me.

I only know the Manga of demon slayer, so I can't judge the movie. But in terms of narrative and characters, I would definitely vote for heavens feel.
(still got goose bumps if I think about the movie xD)
But it's just my opinion!
TypeMercury94Nov 29, 2020 7:52 PM
Jan 23, 2021 10:43 AM

Nov 2011
Thigh_Tide said:

Damn that was rough... but true.
Jan 31, 2021 12:37 PM

Feb 2016
Bruh this is apples and oranges. Completely different type of works and demographics

But to go with your question, probably HF 3
Feb 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Dec 2020
As someone who has seen both in big theaters, I'd say HF is better in production.

Why? Because there are a lot of flashy fights and movements in Fate as opposed to Mugen Train. Mugen Train, however

That fight from HF that I just mentioned is really really fucking God Tier but it is much shorter compared to Mugen Train's fight.
In the first half of Mugen Train, excluding the small fights, they're pretty much stills with minimal movements. But when there's a fight, the production is on-par with HF.

The music too, while Mugen Train uses a lot of their old soundtracks, it is still fucking 10/10. BUT HF music with Emiya remix and that remix of Berserker vs Saber Alter theme is fucking bangers 10/10. HF is better here, but they are both 10/10.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Feb 2, 2021 2:28 AM

Jan 2015
The fuck? What’s with this dumb as fuck thread. And everyone else who seriously replied to this question has the same low IQ as OP.
What do they have in common other than the same studio?
Feb 13, 2021 8:36 AM
Aug 2018
Xenocrisi said:
The fuck? What’s with this dumb as fuck thread. And everyone else who seriously replied to this question has the same low IQ as OP.

Damn calm your tits little girl, you must have quite a sad life to be this mean to people on the fucking internet.
Feb 20, 2021 3:47 AM

Jul 2019
Xenocrisi said:

This is what this thread made for. the production value, read the question again.
Feb 20, 2021 4:13 AM

Jan 2015
ItsNoux said:
Xenocrisi said:

This is what this thread made for. the production value, read the question again.

It doesn’t really matter. They have different staff working on it so what’s the point?
Feb 20, 2021 4:19 AM

Jul 2019
Xenocrisi said:
ItsNoux said:

It doesn’t really matter. They have different staff working on it so what’s the point?

Diffrences make comparaisons.
Apr 26, 2021 5:49 AM
Aug 2020
Thigh_Tide said:

The HF 3 movie felt like a 12 episode series condensed into a movie, the visuals were great but I had no idea what was going on. Plus the demon slayer movie was probably the best battle shounen movie ever made. I would say Lost butterfly was better than either of them though.
Apr 26, 2021 6:48 AM

Aug 2009
DaddyDonovan said:
Thigh_Tide said:

The HF 3 movie felt like a 12 episode series condensed into a movie, the visuals were great but I had no idea what was going on. Plus the demon slayer movie was probably the best battle shounen movie ever made. I would say Lost butterfly was better than either of them though.

That isnt a high bar to pass.

Apr 26, 2021 6:55 AM
Aug 2020
ssjokg said:
DaddyDonovan said:

That isnt a high bar to pass.

that's fair but still I didn't even like the demon slayer series, the movie was just really damn good.
Apr 28, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2020
Watched them both. HF 3 is ahead in production compared to the KNY film in my opinion. Both the fight scenes and the soundtrack used was better.
Apr 29, 2021 5:18 PM

May 2019
Revaf said:
I haven't watch either of them so I want to see what you guys opinions are.

More on the production side of thing rather than the story.

Honestly, HF is a superior movie in terms of its story, but both are pretty good at everything else it does. I enjoyed watching both of them equally, an mugen is only just a little bit worse than HF for the simple fact that some of the characters in mugen are a little less deep than the characters in HF
Apr 30, 2021 9:44 AM

Nov 2020
both are good but HF III just much better and i like Fate more
Apr 30, 2021 3:25 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This movie is paper against KnY. The raw emotions of Mugen Train overwhelmingly beats everything done by HF III. Also, the fights of KnY are much better because of the character motivations.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 30, 2021 9:17 PM

Mar 2016
Heaven's Feel II - Spring Song. By literally MILES and MILES. In every aspect.

Demon Slayer Movie: Mugen Train, on the other hand, tried so hard with emotional manipulation but felt so absurdly tone-deaf for something that tried to play more with evocative measures than just taking care of the technical and fundamental aspects of a narrative like HF did. Then again, considering how dark and twisted in tone HF was, I guess I can see why people would default to "safe shows" like KnY. No, I don't believe KnY is that dark as people think it is. At least it was nice-looking sans the crapsack CGI.
Apr 30, 2021 9:19 PM
Feb 2021
Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel III - Spring Song, I thought the train ark was overrated
Apr 30, 2021 9:22 PM

Aug 2009
cchigu said:
This movie is paper against KnY. The raw emotions of Mugen Train overwhelmingly beats everything done by HF III. Also, the fights of KnY are much better because of the character motivations.

On one hand weekly villain(s) vs mc's allies that barely had any interactions before but somehow still act like old friends.

On the other hand characters with actual relationships where the villains and the good guys have connections to a personal level.

The Fate hate amazes. Any amount of bullshit is justified in order to bring it down.
Apr 30, 2021 9:32 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ssjokg said:
cchigu said:

On one hand weekly villain(s) vs mc's allies that barely had any interactions before but somehow still act like old friends.

On the other hand characters with actual relationships where the villains and the good guys have connections to a personal level.

The Fate hate amazes. Any amount of bullshit is justified in order to bring it down.
Eh, the character interactions in HF are bullshit. Matou Sakura feels like a bitch throwing tantrum. Rengoku on the other hand is a fucking madlad. Just his presence in the movie pushes KnY over HF III for me.

Also, I don't hate HF, I like it even. I am just frustrated at it because the things I love about HF are mostly to do with ufotable and less to do with Type/Moon.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 30, 2021 9:38 PM

Aug 2009
cchigu said:
ssjokg said:

Eh, the character interactions in HF are bullshit. Matou Sakura feels like a bitch throwing tantrum. Rengoku on the other hand is a fucking madlad. Just his presence in the movie pushes KnY over HF III for me.

Also, I don't hate HF, I like it even. I am just frustrated at it because the things I love about HF are mostly to do with ufotable and less to do with Type/Moon.

Rule of cool again at work...

Sure, ok. Imagine comparing 3 movies(+a 24 ep tv series) building up how and why any character ends up in a situation, with random encounters that somehow are supposed to emotionally matter for the MCs and viewers.

Apr 30, 2021 10:02 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ssjokg said:
cchigu said:

Sure, ok. Imagine comparing 3 movies(+a 24 ep tv series) building up how and why any character ends up in a situation, with random encounters that somehow are supposed to emotionally matter for the MCs and viewers.

"Random encounters" Okay, sure.

I honestly don't care about the stuff you mentioned. Of course, the story, the writing, the plot, etc of Fate might be better than KnY, by a huge margin too. Also, I am willing to admit that KnY tries to jebait emotions, and the dialogues are cheesy and embarrassing. And if you simply feel that I like KnY just because of some "Rule of cool" then you are free to do so.

I see myself in Rengoku and can relate to him on a very personal level and therefore he has had more impact on me than all of the F/SN characters combined together. I don't try to find reasonings behind the shows I like. At the end of the day, if a show is able to stir my heart then I am more than content. Sadly, throughout the whole duration of HF, I felt nothing, not a single emotion was evoked except boredom and this itself is a huge failing of the show for me. I am pretty sure that Rengoku's final fight will still be burned in my mind for a long time but on the other hand, I have already forgotten about the Saber vs Rider(?) fight.
Apr 30, 2021 10:34 PM

Aug 2009
cchigu said:
ssjokg said:

I honestly don't care about the stuff you mentioned. Of course, the story, the writing, the plot, etc of Fate might be better than KnY, by a huge margin too. Also, I am willing to admit that KnY tries to jebait emotions, and the dialogues are cheesy and embarrassing. And if you simply feel that I like KnY just because of some "Rule of cool" then you are free to do so.

I see myself in Rengoku and can relate to him on a very personal level and therefore he has had more impact on me than all of the F/SN characters combined together. I don't try to find reasonings behind the shows I like. At the end of the day, if a show is able to stir my heart then I am more than content. Sadly, throughout the whole duration of HF, I felt nothing, not a single emotion was evoked except boredom and this itself is a huge failing of the show for me. I am pretty sure that Rengoku's final fight will still be burned in my mind for a long time but on the other hand, I have already forgotten about the Saber vs Rider(?) fight.
They are random encounters.
These demons, just like all the demons from the tv series, mean nothing to Tanjirou and the rest other than being their targets(and source for sob story #75382).

Compare that to:
Zouken is Sakura's grandfather and the one that subjected her to her torture and cause her to be how she is.
Kirei is Shirou's mirror and his dad's arch enemy.
Shinji was Shirou's friend and Sakura's step brother.
Saber was his Servant.
Dark Sakura is the woman he loves.
Berserker was Ilya's Servant and father figure.

Sorry but all that tells me is that you couldnt self insert into Shirou(which is good for me) so his struggle was pointless for you. You try to say that it isnt rule of cool that brings you emotions but that's exactly what you describe.

That doesnt make anything that the characters in HF/Fate do or feel bullshit.

ssjokgMay 1, 2021 4:04 AM
Apr 30, 2021 10:52 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ssjokg said:
cchigu said:

They are random encounters.
These demons, just like all the demons from the tv series, mean nothing to Tanjirou and the rest other than being their targets(and source for sob story #75382).

Compare that to:
Zouken is Sakura's grandfather and the one that subjected her to her torture and cause her to be how she is.
Kirei is Shirou's mirror and his dad's arch enemy.
Shinji was Shirou's friend and Sakura's step brother.
Saber was his Servant.
Dark Sakura is the woman he loves.
Berserker was Ilya's Servant and father figure.

Sorry but all that tells me is that you couldnt self insert into Shirou(which is good for me) so his struggle was pointless for you. You try to say that it is rule of cool that brings you emotions but that's exactly what you describe.

That doesnt make anything that the characters in HF/Fate do or feel bullshit.

No, it is just that my sense of values is different than yours. HF is just dull to me beyond its production values and that is all. You just keep on jumping to conclusions. But whatever, you do you.
May 1, 2021 2:57 PM

Feb 2021
I'm going to preface by saying that I do have a bias towards fate over demon slayer. That being said, in my opinion, the Fate 3 movie is objectively better than the Demon Slayer movie in both production and story.

Though if I had to give a valid reason, I would say that you can tell from watching the fate movie that there is a huge amount of talent and effort in pacing, cinematography, refined animation, level of detail, heavily refined cg, all the works to cap off such a long running franchise.

Demon Slayer was very reminiscent of the pacing of an episode and a 3 part episode and a half, ending 1 story arc while half-ending another sponsoring season 2. The animation is top notch, but not in the way that you'd think. There is a huge emphasis on showcasing their new experimental style with the elemental effects used in season 1. This is probably the right move, but that mixed with the short-running comedic elements leave a less epic feel to the film, aside from the half-climax.

Ultimately, it's not fair to compare the two, being 2 different styles. That being said, they are from the same studio, and I believe if we're talking about production as a whole, the fate movie has much more talent and experience behind them to convey an epic story.

And yes, it does grind my gears that Fate 3 is criminally underrated and overshadowed my Demon Slayer in Ufotable's movie roster.

P.S. A big complaint to Fate 3 is the lack of focus for other characters. From a franchise perspective, those characters are already developed, so rather than building those characters, I think this movie is more heard towards finalizing their characters based on what we know from previous installments. A bit of a tangent, but I've been meaning to get that out there.
We evolve beyond the person we were a minute before.
May 3, 2021 12:33 PM

Jan 2020
I enjoyed both my answer would be spring song. It's a conclusion to an amazing trilogy with the best animation I've ever seen

May 4, 2021 8:53 AM

Jan 2019
Both are mediocre.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
May 5, 2021 12:32 AM
Aug 2020
Man why are we comparing them? They are totally different, even animation wise both have different fights ,fate-fights mostly by use of magic and demon slayer- fights mostly by use of breathing techniques and katana the effects are also used only to make people visualize how the power is used . So both are masterpieces on their own way so pls stop comparing and yes remember both are produced by same studio ,so whatever good opinions or bad opinions you have is indirectly being made about the studio so pls stop this senseless discussion 🙏
May 6, 2021 6:01 AM

Aug 2020
ssjokg said:
Thigh_Tide said:

But for real, at least MAL wise, Mugen Train will be higher than HF. Fate, and especially HF, arent mainstream shounen anime to draw in every casual out there.

this didnt age well lol
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
May 6, 2021 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
Chida said:
ssjokg said:

this didnt age well lol

Well I am glad I was wrong.

The difference is minuscule but still.
May 14, 2021 1:04 PM

Aug 2020
Answer, Lost Butterfly. Lost Butterfly is my favorite movie of all time (yup, no typo there and that's with EVERYTHING) and I love it so much I honestly don't care what language I watch it in. But to answer the question more seriously, I do think Heaven's Feel 3 was quite a lot better. Honestly, Mugen Train was really boring up until when Akaza showed up but HF was amazing the entire way through. Also Yuki Kajiura is my favorite composer of all time and I have a huge bias towards her and her work but I felt that some of the Mugen Train OST was a bit weird in some places, I think she definitely did better on HF.
Sakura Matou is best girl in all anime and its not even close
Jun 3, 2021 1:11 AM
Aug 2020
I so both, I am a bigger fan of fate franchise than demon slayer. I expected too much from the fate movie and it could not live up to it. On the other hand I watched demon slayer movie because why not, i had seen the series so why not the movie.
i loved the mugen train movie while i was disappointed in fate heaven's feel 3.
Jun 3, 2021 8:24 AM

Jan 2021
Well am late but , Heaven's Feel is obvious
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Aug 15, 2020

519 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 23, 1:26 AM

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.