Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2020 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Someone has appeared, and it's another Noble by the name of Gejutel K. Landegre, grandfather of Regis, and supervising over Regis and Seira as clan leader of the Landegre Clan.

The whole Lukedonia (the Nobles' country) Clan Leaders thing to take revenge on Raizel, it's still too soon on what will be their move against the Noblesse, but it's clear that sending Gejutel is just the first step of measures. The intense conversation between Frankenstein, Raizel and Getujel sure will keep people talking.

The history of Raizel and the Land of Nobles, not to mention the Clan Leaders sure is one of intrigue, but the highlight of Frankenstein's history as a "Noble Hunter" though who is threatening the order of the Nobles clan leaders, sure is a nuisance for disruption, but yet for Kertia Clan leader Ragar and Gejutel to face, he's a tough nut to crack to dispose of such a character. And yet, fate has brought both him and Raizel together.

A weird kind of episode that embellishes different segments of the story and putting them together (Gejutel's introduction in Chapters 157 & 158, and the past history of Frankenstein in Chapters 239 - 243), I'm left to wonder what's the main context for the remainder of the 2nd half.

"Those clothes...are mine." - Raizel
KANLen09Nov 25, 2020 6:41 AM
Nov 25, 2020 6:33 AM

Feb 2019
Another gas ep. One of my faves so far. So, we finally got some explanation as to why everyone thought Frankenstein was weird. He’s not a noble, but some modified human who’s got powers similar to them.

Based on his name, I’m guessing someone experimented on him making him that way? Hope we’ll find out soon. With his quiet demeanour, I knew he was hiding something in his past.

Loved the backstory we got this week, looking forward to next ep
Nov 25, 2020 6:39 AM

Nov 2019
The part with Frankenstein wearing Raizel’s clothes at the end was unexpected, lmao

This was an interesting episode. Franken was kinda mysterious in the first few episodes (and the Awakening prequel), but I never would have guessed that he was a noble hunter out of all things. Curious to see as to how the master-servant duo interact for the first time, which could be a factor as to why Gejutel said earlier in the episode that he doesn’t trust them.
Nov 25, 2020 6:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that Frankenstein scene was really impressive... he's just totally epic, and also nice use of the soundtracks during the whole scene
Nov 25, 2020 6:55 AM

Jul 2020
Those clothes... are mine. LOL

Anyways I was kind of underwhelmed with today's episode since there wasn't as great action scene like the ones we had in Noblesse Awakening or ep6. But Frankenstein's backstory and the fight between two clan leaders was pretty badass and well laid out. The first meeting between Raizel and Frankenstein was surprisingly funny as well. I wonder how the rest of the episodes are going to turn out now.
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Nov 25, 2020 6:56 AM

Apr 2019
Finally a good episode! Seeing Frankenstein's backstory was actually pretty interesting. Now we know how both of them met. Still a little unclear on how Frankenstein possesses those powers, hopefully we'll get to know next episode.

Nov 25, 2020 7:02 AM

May 2020
i still dont understand why raizel is considered a traitor
Nov 25, 2020 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
Frankenstein's backstory was interesting and I can't wait to see how his first meeting with Raizel unfolds.
His fight with the two lords was pretty good and I'm also interested in how Frankenstein got his powers.

Nov 25, 2020 7:12 AM

Oct 2017
More anime original scenes added in this episode. Also they sort of changed the sequence of things but uh this was fine I guess. Also XD Frank from the past when he used to be a savage was cool.
Nov 25, 2020 7:22 AM

Aug 2008
Oh rael appeared haha.
I liked the fight between him and the clan leaders
I hope they add more regarding the meeting with rsi
In the webtoon i recall was briefly then 10 years passed o.o
The spider is watching
Nov 25, 2020 7:23 AM

Sep 2019
Frankestein’s fight scene was good, but he apparently can’t control his power. Rai’s reaction to Fran was funny.
Nov 25, 2020 7:44 AM
Jul 2020
Oh, I thought Regis and Seira were related.

Omg the ending pftt, I'm really intrigued to see what their relationship was like all those years ago. So far it seems like they were comrades of some sort.

3.7/5 ^^

Natsude_tanaka said:
i still dont understand why raizel is considered a traitor

I'm not so sure why, but the scene after the ED gave me some idea

I think it also has to do with the fact he went into a deep sleep??... like that is considered death for nobles..plus everything went downhill after he did that.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeNov 25, 2020 8:20 AM
Nov 25, 2020 7:56 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Probably the best episode plot-wise so far. To be honest, this is what I was expecting the show to be about from the very start. They should have edited things differently so that this arc came out sooner.

We get to know a lot more of Frankenstein's back story as well as most of the nobles that we have seen thus far in the series.

This was the first episode of Noblesse so far that really got me itching to watch the next episode.
Nov 25, 2020 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
I knew Frankenstein was a bit of a badass but this eps cements in my mind that he is epic level badass! And that cheeky back story building ending. Next episode please!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 25, 2020 8:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, its looks like there has been a misunderstanding between Raizel as one of the Clan Leader with a current Lord of Lukedonia. It might get hinted with what happened at the old OVA one. But, i must not so convince about that first, before they actually explained the real deal. Or its just those lady lord personal goal, its because of her miss Raizel out and want him so badly to return ....

That it! A fast introduction of serveral Clan Leader, including Gejutel, a grandpa of Regis, which was quite okay at general. Its not too deep, but well, its just fine. The first met after a long time between Franken and Gejutel really intensed, for the sake of the nostalgic vibes for both of them. Its reveal that Franken was a former Noble Hunter in the past, that already being contacted with Gejutel and he escape. Its happened before the last encounters of him with Raizel, removed his fate as a Noble Hunter and decided to be loyal for Raizel. Its because of Frankenstein using Raizel's clothes? Lol. Masaka~ That last line really make me think its a real motive xd.

So, the conflict will revolve around the new era of the noblehood at Lukedonia together with their new Lord, against Raizel new interest and domain in Japan? Lets see how well they handled with those thing.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 25, 2020 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

I'm glad we're finally establishing the world lore, history and connecting various plot points so they make sense. Made me a lot more interested in the show.

Frankenstein fight scene was great, he's pretty ridiculous. I am curious how he got his powers though.

That Rai and Frankenstein meeting at the end made me laugh.
Nov 25, 2020 8:57 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Regis's grandfather Gajutel arrives at the school to bring Raizel back on Raskreia's orders. Gajutel then runs into Frankenstein and we get a flashback into Frankenstein's past. It turns out that Frankenstein was a human that hunted down nobles and conducts experiments on them. He also posses a power that outshines any regular noble. The noble clan leaders track Frankenstein down and they began fighting. Frankenstein tried using the Dark Spear, but he ends up loosing control of his powers forcing himself to retreat. Somehow Frankenstein ends up in Raizel's mansion where he encounters Raizel himself fro the first time leading up to another hilarious after credit scene.

I wounder how Frankenstein got his powers in the first place and if what he said about nobles abusing humans is true.
Nov 25, 2020 9:46 AM

Jan 2014
Gotta love more stuff on background, very niceee.
Nov 25, 2020 9:51 AM
Aug 2020
Finally a good episode, now we’re getting to the backstories but all of this on the eighth episode? Would’ve been nice if it was on earlier episodes
Nov 25, 2020 11:18 AM

May 2019
Merging the introduction to Lukedonia with Franken’s backstory was a nice decision, I say. And it was well done.

So... did they completely erase
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 25, 2020 11:25 AM

Mar 2017
Pretty interesting episodes because, as Regis said, Frankenstien in more mysterious than even Rai so it was awesome to see his past. I'm looking forward to seeing how the pairs first encounter.
Nov 25, 2020 11:33 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
I was liked this episode alot
I am a big fan of Frankenstein. I loved his back story
Nov 25, 2020 12:30 PM

Jun 2019
Got to see how things were like way back then. The fights still aren’t great, but they aren’t awful. Nothing new or original about the characters they introduced this episode.
Nov 25, 2020 1:20 PM

Feb 2014
Damn they skipped the best part out. I really wanted to see shocked Gejutel when meeting Raizel. The shocks are what's amusing in this story afterall. And wow they really paced up with all the characters on the nobles side showing up sooner.
Finally Rajak is here!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 25, 2020 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
Ok now this is actually getting good. I really enjoy the action and like how they're delving more into Frankenstein
Nov 25, 2020 2:00 PM

Oct 2018
Roch2001 said:
I knew Frankenstein was a bit of a badass but this eps cements in my mind that he is epic level badass! And that cheeky back story building ending. Next episode please!!!

He is even more badass in the manhwa and his savage lines are, believe me, at another level but as always, they cut a lot of funny scenes.
Nonetheless, this episode was atleast better than the previous ones and Rajak looked better than he did in the manhwa which is definitely a good thing.

Nov 25, 2020 2:31 PM
Jul 2019
Ok, if Frankenstein is a human, then the power he has may have been that from a demon, isn't it?
Nov 25, 2020 2:34 PM

Mar 2020
So Frank is not a nobleman, but a human did not expect this. The old Lord seems to be a nice guy.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 25, 2020 3:06 PM

Mar 2010
Frankenstein is the man, great backstory.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 25, 2020 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
Man, I love Frankenstein! My favorite character show this show.
Nov 25, 2020 4:11 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was such a treat imo
really love when we found out that one of the main cast was actually a beast in the past..
also the final segment..
but not to be that guy..
Where the F*k is Yuna who was one of the main cast in Noblesse Awakening OVA?
its almost as if they completely forgot her..
or did they just excluded her from the anime and she still exists in the manhwa?
Nov 25, 2020 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode! Finally Rael and Rajak appeared, can't wait for them to make more appearances. The flashback to Frankenstein was a pleasant surprise for an adaptation, but I think it fits well in this arc and it was enjoyable. 5/5 for sure.

@UkRs: Yeah she was in the manhwa but they completely cut her out in the anime since she's a minor-ish character. There were actually two girls that hung around Shinwoo and his glasses friend.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Nov 25, 2020 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked the power of Frankenstein, incredible. It’s a really cool episode even though Loyard seems to be very strong.

Nov 25, 2020 7:21 PM

Oct 2016
We are finally getting into the main plotline since, I think the first episodes was just an introduction to the main characters. Great episode though, we finally get to know more about Frankenstein and boy is he a fucking savage in the past. He probably still has that savagery inside him but, it'll only come out when it is needed.

It is interesting to meet the nobles with clan leaders and stuff. Seira is a clan leader herself from what I understood. If that is Frankenstein and Rai's first meeting then that's fucking hilarious. Looking forward to the next episode, things are starting to pick up and I might read the manhwa after this season.
Nov 26, 2020 12:06 AM
Apr 2020
Whoa! Frankenstein is a human and was a Noble Hunter?! How did he obtain such power?!

Rai and Frankenstein's first encounter is funny af!

Nov 26, 2020 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
He's human? Well that's interesting, I thought he was one of them ever since I saw The Beginning of Destruction.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 26, 2020 5:20 AM

Jun 2019
Quite a flashy episode but a good one. Frankenstein was lookin' dope as well.
Nov 26, 2020 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Haha I already know what's gonna happen next, still a good episode tho.
Nov 26, 2020 7:43 AM

Jun 2020
Damn. Finally. This episode was great!!!!! If they keep this up I’ll definitely bump the score up. Frankenstein’s past was really one to watch. Great development!

I STILL really dislike the OP & ED. Horrible.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 26, 2020 2:10 PM
Nov 2020
Frankenstein best boi this season. The guy is just unique compared to everyone else. He built different and that’s all
Nov 26, 2020 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
It's nice to see the focus on Frankenstein in this episode. So far we didn't get to much background informaton about him, his power and how he met Rai.

A bunch of new characters got introduced. The most interesting one was definitely Gejutel, the grandfather of Regis. He and Frankenstein share a past. The fight was pretty crazy. I knew Frankenstein was strong but that Dark Spear was nuts.

I hope they will explain how he as a human was able to obtain this power. That ending was in typical Noblesse comedy. Can't wait to see and hear the conversation between Frankenstein and Rai.

Nov 26, 2020 5:32 PM

Aug 2020
wow this is starting to be interesting lol. idk how I got through the first 5 episodes but I'm here. best episode so far.
dompsterfireNov 26, 2020 5:35 PM
Nov 26, 2020 6:40 PM

Mar 2010
I miss the old clan leader and I really like design of the long hair masked clan leader. I forgot how crazy frankenstien was back in the past.
Nov 26, 2020 10:45 PM

Oct 2008
absolutely awesome episode!
flashback past of Franken was well done action packed! 2 CLs are too much for Franken huh...
5/5!

Nov 27, 2020 7:55 AM

Dec 2016
Who could have thought that this elegant person had madman personality in the past °Д°

Did Frankenstein experiment on himself to be this strong as a human?
Nov 27, 2020 9:28 AM
Jan 2011
Nice episode.

Stardew said:
I miss the old clan leader and I really like design of the long hair masked clan leader. I forgot how crazy frankenstien was back in the past.

Indeed.
Nov 27, 2020 4:53 PM

Jul 2017
Ah yes, memories Frankenstein battling against clan leaders~. Dark Spear is pretty epic. It's always so cool to see how Frankenstein and Raziel first meet each other. Frankenstein went from absolutely madman to elegant principal. "Those clothes..are mine." Ah I love Raziel lol

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 28, 2020 2:45 AM

Apr 2012
Oh so we jumped right into the new arc, I really enjoy this so far. Frankenstein's backstory seems interesting and I can't wait to see how him and Rai ended up where they are now.
Nov 29, 2020 4:28 AM

Jan 2020
Wait, Frankenstein is actually a human? A quite interesting twist, I have to say. How did he become so powerful, though? And why is Raizel the only one he always obeys? Did Raizel save his life or did a huge favour for him?

A lot of questions to be asked, really. Let's see what will happen in the next episode.
Nov 29, 2020 1:27 PM

Apr 2018
The scene with Frankenstein was epic. So that's how he met Raizel I'm assuming. The beginning was slow but the 2nd half definitely made up for it. It also makes Frankenstein's background more interesting because he is a human who posses power beyond Nobles.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 30, 2020

88 by Vysarine »»
May 3, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 16, 2020

64 by Vysarine »»
Apr 29, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leo - Oct 21, 2020

82 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Oct 7, 2020

203 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.