Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2020 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this episode had some dramatic moments with the Cursed training arc.

I'm really glad to see Miwa being animated and they gave her a personality that turned out to be very entertaining to watch. Other noticable characters that came into the episode included Todo and Mai, that got their own moments.

Just a very amusing episode with the lighthearted comedy and character chemistry between the cast. Todo's reaction to his favorite celebrity was priceless.
Nov 20, 2020 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
If I had a spirit animal in this series then it gotta be Todo and lol, I like how beefy they made him here. Mai is looking pretty good as well.

And the end gave some nice creepy vibes(a shame that the corpses were blackened, tho), now this is where things will get darker and messier.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2020 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
"What type of woman do you like?"

Two new characters are very strong but have adorable personalities. I hope Fushiguro and Nobara win opponent like them in the future. They also have so much potential from the beginning.
Gojou has passionate fangirl lol. Next episode will be intense in every way.
Nov 20, 2020 10:53 AM

Mar 2016
Todo yes! The man had his anime debut and it was perfect.

Next week nanamin's time, the pacing has been great, and the episodes up till now are enjoyable as well. As long as the casts carry the story and atmosphere it's all good.
Nov 20, 2020 11:15 AM

Feb 2019
My goat Todo here and he’s arrived with a bang. He gave Megumi the works lol.

The anime art style really did wonders for the character designs. Mai looked like a meal 🤤

Great setup for the goodwill event’s start and Junpei’s arrival too. Pacing been great so far.
Nov 20, 2020 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
This was.... an episode. Not necessarily bad (except the comedy as usual) but just bland for me personally substance wise again, although I can understand it for this week given it was the followup to last week's episode which was more action-packed in comparison. The ending before the ending song kicked in was decent too.
Nov 20, 2020 11:22 AM

Oct 2017
Enter Toudou the chad aniki.
Nov 20, 2020 11:25 AM

Dec 2014
Todo the absolute beefy macho man. He seems pretty likable so far. Mai seems cool too.

Satoru's conversation with that old man was pretty interesting but I think fangirl Miwa stole the show with all her fangirling.

The post credit scenes were hilarious, Miwa getting Satoru's autograph and Mai learning that Idol meet and greets are not so bad. xD
Nov 20, 2020 11:26 AM
Nov 2020
They censored the ending🤦🏻‍♂️ smh. The downfall of this anime will be the censoring if it continues
Nov 20, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
YEE HAW! More training for Megumi and Nobara from Mai and Toudou, THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT!

Otherwise than a great introduction to these two, and some comedy of body preferences, their insanely strong powers are not to be underestimated...really giving both 1st-Year's a real challenge. Toudou's at heart a strong man of culture, and Mai is just cool and crude.

Interesting tidbit that Maki is a Jujutsu sorcerer on different means, to use cursed weapons rather than be a vessel herself to seek out demons.

Gojou-sensei's part in interrogating the elders about Yuuji's situation sure seems interesting, if given the high time of insane powers incoming. And a passionate fangirl of Gojou's, charming on the sidelines.

Next episode's gonna be another FIRE again.
Nov 20, 2020 11:28 AM

Aug 2020
another pretty funny episode that makes you want to know what happens next
She is me and I am her:
Nov 20, 2020 11:29 AM

Jan 2018
I'm surprised by the censorship, considering that from the beginning they haven't censored anything.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Nov 20, 2020 11:29 AM

Sep 2019
I really liked the idol otaku guy.
Nov 20, 2020 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
that Todo guy is an otaku and a brawler lol thats weird combination

Mai is sexy hot heh
Nov 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Oct 2011
Yesssss, I loved Todo and Mai's debut! Also, I live for the Juju Strolls lol

Excited for this arc and looking forward to seeing more Nanami next episode!
Nov 20, 2020 11:37 AM
Aug 2020
This episode was good but nothing too mindblowing like from the last episode, todou and panda are still my favs of this show but now we go hop onto nanami and yuji and the junpei arc, 9/10 episode
Nov 20, 2020 11:41 AM

Feb 2018
Nice episode. Kazuma from KonoSuba would definitly pass that woman type question LOL. Also, I really wanted to see our talented guy's serious mode but I think they're going to show it at the event. That voice type curse seems interesting and cool, but I think it's not working perfectly since it stopped the big guy's movement for a moment. Personally I really hated the woman one of the twins, I hope she will get what she deserves at the event.
Nov 20, 2020 11:50 AM

Feb 2016
Dropped. It is all over the place. No clear direction, but there is this otaku guy to be introduced. I guess it is to charm more readers for the manga. Whatever. I will check this after the first cour.
Nov 20, 2020 11:52 AM
Apr 2019
weird episode ,dealing with different timeline harmed my experience
Nov 20, 2020 12:01 PM

Aug 2020
I think Mahito might become one of my favorites I wanna see what kinda stuff he does next. Bruh they somehow always manage to add comedy in every episode and I love it.
Nov 20, 2020 12:09 PM

Apr 2020
Got to see so many characters this episode!
Todo
Mai
Kyoto Principal
Miwa

Miwa got the selfie and the Hand-shake event was hilarious.
--AbiSa--
Nov 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Oct 2020
Aeoness said:
Dropped. It is all over the place. No clear direction, but there is this otaku guy to be introduced. I guess it is to charm more readers for the manga. Whatever. I will check this after the first cour.

This is actually how it was for the manga too. Even now in the manga, the story has felt all over the place with pacing being too fast or too slow, and sometimes I even have no idea whats going on till I reread. That's one of the unique things about this series imo, because it's done intentionally by Gege Akutami. Though ofc not everyones going to like it and I understand that. Heck I've even wanted to drop the manga at times due to it, but I keep coming back
Dred aka Dredly aka Kami-Sama
Nov 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Mar 2016
its's enjoyable but the story and execution is very much all over the place unfortunately :(

toge spoke!

Nov 20, 2020 12:11 PM

Nov 2018
*still waiting nanamin dark introduction so i can put it into a meme*

SethBigBoss said:
I'm surprised by the censorship, considering that from the beginning they haven't censored anything.

hope they just saving the gruesome visual for the real scene next episode

Apr 2015
Good episode! New characters are interesting, especially Toudou. Absolute powerhouse and an Idol Otaku to beat. So Maki and Mai are twins. Both looking really good. Also loved the Blue haired girl and her fangirl reactions on Gojou!

That post credit scene with Mai was so funny, I want to see Toudou's face when he finds out that the Idol goes the other way instead. XD

SethBigBoss said:
Yeah and it's not the first Anime this week(Akudama Drive yesterday as well). They have something against heads being cut off or heads being deformed. It's a real shame.

Apr 2020
SethBigBoss said:

I know right, I was surprised when the did not censor the Heart-ripping scene.
But now they censored this?
--AbiSa--
Nov 20, 2020 12:14 PM

Apr 2019
Well Well Really excited for the Chunin exam to start Gaara be looking Different I think he hit puberty lol

jokes aside Really Excited for next week episode

Nov 20, 2020 12:19 PM
Mar 2018
Aeoness said:

Bruh! You have Akame Ga kill! , Beatless, Darling in the Franxx, Date A Live, Guilty Crown scored 10 and then you have Black Lagoon, Code Geass S2, Death Note and Re Zero scored 5. You like trash and don't like what's actually good lol
You have no right to talk about direction, just say it's not your cup of tea and leave.
ElGoblinoNov 20, 2020 12:24 PM
Nov 20, 2020 12:20 PM

May 2019
The 3 senpais are amusing characters and I’ll be honest, they’re much more unique and interesting than the main trio. In fact, I wish they were the main characters.

I liked Toudou but I found Mai quite annoying. I’m not really fond of arrogant characters. I was extremely satisfied when Kugisaki choked her lol. But the end was very cute ngl.

Overall an episode I enjoyed thoroughly.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 20, 2020 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
Toudou really is strong. Now I want to see him fight for real.

I really like Miwa and the way she was fangirling over Gojou. She even forgot the principal's tea. XD

Nov 20, 2020 12:24 PM

Jan 2018
-dred said:
Aeoness said:

This is actually how it was for the manga too. Even now in the manga, the story has felt all over the place with pacing being too fast or too slow, and sometimes I even have no idea whats going on till I reread. That's one of the unique things about this series imo, because it's done intentionally by Gege Akutami. Though ofc not everyones going to like it and I understand that. Heck I've even wanted to drop the manga at times due to it, but I keep coming back

The story never felt all over the place and the pacing is fine... the story is pretty straightforward and simple, the fact that sometimes you have no idea whats going on is your own problem, not the manga.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Nov 20, 2020 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
5/5 for nanami appearance at the very end
Nov 20, 2020 12:39 PM

Nov 2016
SethBigBoss said:

Although not significant, things in episode 4 were already "toned down" a tiny bit. I dunno based on what the staff makes it's decisions, but maybe it was easier for then to modify the corpses there without taking much away. And honestly, these disfigured bodies are visually the most gruesome so far.

That said, not a fan of censorship and I hope there won't be all that much (the bit so far was handled nicely) or alternatively there will be a creative solution instead of just darkening the frame, even tho it was fitting here.
FMmatronNov 20, 2020 1:40 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2020 12:41 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm given the nature of the school having too many vending machines that need restocking will certainly be a risk. The students from Kyoto sure are a different breed huh. The first question from the giant sure was a curveball. Despite the tension the comedy sure was amusing. The save from Panda and co though sure was timely. Looks like the relationship between Mai and Maki is anything but sisterly. I guess even Aoi has to have interests though never pegged idols being one of them. Despite how tough that goal will be Maki's goal sure will have quite the satisfaction when she succeeds. Kasumi's contrasting surface and inner fan girl self as she conversed with Gojou sure was fun. But man those three deaths at the cinema sure were brutal. Overall an interesting ep that did well in introducing the powerful 3rd years from Kyoto as well as their principal that will make the upcoming competition that much more entertaining. At the same time looks like we're going to see more powerful curses appear as well starting with the one responsible for the cinema deaths.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2020 1:06 PM

Oct 2019
SethBigBoss said:

Shit that's scary, they were right to censor it
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Nov 20, 2020 1:06 PM

Jul 2020
The guy at the end, in front of Mahito I think it was his name, was it Yuta Okkotsu? The one from the manga prequel
Nov 20, 2020 1:12 PM
Nov 2014
"If you prefer men, that's fine, too."
Jesus... How I would've loved it if Megumi had actually said something along the lines like... men? Betsu ni ii....

Oh... and "Salmon" spoke his first words ;)
Nice nice.
Nov 20, 2020 1:16 PM

Mar 2020
More interesting characters seemed to have been added to the mix.

Todo, one of latest additions to the series showed us how powerful his is and he is most definitely interesting...he legit lost himself when he met the idol xD. Mai, another new character however we did not get to see her in action so I'm curious to see how she fights.

Seems like next episode will be intense. I'm excited!

Good episode :)

Nov 20, 2020 1:19 PM
Mar 2018
Why are people talking about censorship for those 3 guys? There was no censorship for them, they are in a freaking cinema and it's dark as shit ofc you won't be able to see them clearly but if you look close you can see them alright.

Try to view in full screen or with a dark background because the white background on MAL messes with your eyes and you can't see the image as well.

ElGoblinoNov 20, 2020 1:24 PM
Nov 20, 2020 1:25 PM
Jan 2020
MestariYN said:
Jesus... How I would've loved it if Megumi had actually said something along the lines like... men? Betsu ni ii....

Nice nice.

Megumi actually said (in both manga and anime) "sono hito" - as long as "that person" is passionate, he didn't care about anything else. But musty Crunchyroll just had to be bi/panphobic so here we are, with heteronormativity :/
Nov 20, 2020 1:29 PM
Jul 2015
Xnovazero said:

Two new characters are very strong but have adorable personalities. I hope Fushiguro and Nobara win opponent like them in the future. They also have so much potential from the beginning.

I started reading the manga after last ep, and i'm going to (but haven't yet) watched ep 8, but i scrolled through the timeline and saw Junpei was shown/introduced at the end. To avoid spoilers, can anyone tell me if next ep will cover the whole Junpei event thing or not? I can't really tell how many chapters are being covered per episode.
Nov 20, 2020 1:30 PM

Jun 2014
A couple new characters have been introduced, and have already made quite the impression. I like Toudou, he's pretty funny, Mai on the other hand......well at least she's attractive lol. Looks like things are about to get serious next week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 20, 2020 1:33 PM
Nov 2014
jerryjoonie said:
MestariYN said:

Nice nice.

Megumi actually said (in both manga and anime) "sono hito" - as long as "that person" is passionate, he didn't care about anything else. But musty Crunchyroll just had to be bi/panphobic so here we are, with heteronormativity :/

Oh yes! I completely missed it..! Thank you for pointing that out. What a pleasant surprise.
Nov 20, 2020 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Congratulations to the blue haired girl, she got her photo with chad Gojo after all.
Mai is a bitch, but also the hottest girl so far. Nothing can be perfect in this life...
Nov 20, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2020
I really like Miwa's hair design
Nov 20, 2020 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
isaiahexe said:
Xnovazero said:

I started reading the manga after last ep, and i'm going to (but haven't yet) watched ep 8, but i scrolled through the timeline and saw Junpei was shown/introduced at the end. To avoid spoilers, can anyone tell me if next ep will cover the whole Junpei event thing or not? I can't really tell how many chapters are being covered per episode.

I don't know about it because I don't read this series manga. Sorry.
removed-userNov 22, 2020 6:04 AM
Nov 20, 2020 1:45 PM

Mar 2017
Got an appearance from the Kyoto branch students this episode and Nanamin right at the end there; can't wait to see more of him in the coming eps. We also got a peek at Inumaki's cursed technique and now you guys know why he can't say anything apart from onigiri ingredients!

Mahito only got a few seconds on screen like last week... the longer he stays out of the limelight in the anime the better 😱
Nov 20, 2020 1:46 PM

Nov 2016
ElGoblino said:
Why are people talking about censorship for those 3 guys? There was no censorship for them, they are in a freaking cinema and it's dark as shit ofc you won't be able to see them clearly but if you look close you can see them alright.

Try to view in full screen or with a dark background because the white background on MAL messes with your eyes and you can't see the image as well.

They made clever use of the theater and even tho it's basically nothing, it's still censorship.

But we will know better next episode.

Nov 20, 2020 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
Todo best boi and Mahito finally enter. Although with the censoring, when and if they adapt Shibuya arc it will be a disaster..
Nov 20, 2020 2:27 PM

Nov 2014

ok what the fuck. He said "this person", not "she". He didn't specify a gender here, so why the fuck did the subs use "she"???

At least the Jujutsu Stroll made up for this. It was hinted in the author notes that Mai prefers girls, yet it wasn't included in the original story. So I'm glad we got some LGBTQ representation in the after credit this week (despite being a bit obscure)

Another translation error. She said "short legs" here, not "long legs". That's why Nobara was pissed. It doesn't make sense for a girl to be mad when she got told she has long legs, cause that's a compliment.

A panda who speaks human language, and a human who doesn't speak the human language. LMAO

Oh Todo, my man of culture, is here! The anime did him justice. His appearance, voice, and animation are perfect. The only nitpick I have is in this scene Todo's head is too small and his body is too big lol

I'm quite surprised at Junpei's voice (the kid in the end). That wasn't what I was expecting. I thought he'd have a...deeper voice? Not too deep but deeper than this.

MestariYN said:

i wouldn't be surprised if he actually did lol. JJK is known for subverting expectations. Though I do like how he didn't specify a gender when he stated his tastes ;)

Sourire said:
Todo best boi and Mahito finally enter. Although with the censoring, when and if they adapt Shibuya arc it will be a disaster..

They're probably hiding it on purpose so they can show it next episode and start it off with a bang

Mod Edit: Removed multiple screenshots.
KuniiNov 21, 2020 8:42 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

646 by OutPieNova »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

303 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 4:24 AM

» Jjk fans just CANNOT help themselves from spoiling everything ( 1 2 )

LillyTheHoover - Jan 4

72 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

277 by lorenz07 »»
May 28, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
May 27, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.