Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 26, 2020 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought this episode is quite amusing tbh with their performances. Sugimoto's clever mind is put to work again when he came up with that plan.

Looks like this season decided to add more light comedy and again, more man service. Suigimoto's performance with that sword is quite badass.
Oct 26, 2020 7:52 AM

Nov 2010
Although Sugimoto's quick move was as cool as Zatoichi, the old female choreographer went above and beyond.
Oct 26, 2020 8:46 AM

Jul 2017
YUPPIES, more journey with Kiroranke and Co., plus Sugimoto and Co. coinciding with a circus troupe in Toyohara (to which the content is skipped to Chapter 154 to 158).

Didn't expect Lieutenant Koito to be the most athletic of the bunch, and huge laughs for Cikapasi and Tsukishima being degraded to being dance girls. Sugimoto having to master the Harakiri is a cinch though.

Sugimoto's Harakiri show...WHAT THE SHIT, Koito!? That's payback...? But this is Sugimoto the Immortal we're talking about, having to bear blood and play the act of the victim, WHEW that got me there. Turns out that the ringmaster is another anomymity to the Russian farce, and what a landmark case to aid Sugimoto and Co. to another step of Asirpa's.

No wonder today's episode is The Immortal Sugimoto Harakiri Show, what a brillant name. Excellent episode of comedy and big fun laughter, while Tsukishima is being a poker face 100% of the time of normalcy. POOP!
Oct 26, 2020 8:51 AM
Sep 2015
I know the show will somehow have Sugimoto do harakiri for real, because that's how Sugimoto does his business. Though there's a twist that Russians come into the circus instead.

Nice episode, I love how Golden Kamuy has such a wide range of variety.
Oct 26, 2020 8:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is the best anime of the season right now, i love everything about this season so far.

Tsukishima with his god damn faces is killing me.
Oct 26, 2020 8:54 AM
Oct 2016
After how emotional and heavy last week was it's nice to be back to the good ole antics this series does well. Having the guys join a circus to try and get the word out that Sugimoto is still alive is brilliant. Perfectly hilarious. Sugimoto this whole episode being jealous of Koito getting all the attention made me laugh all throughout. He kinda had a reason to be annoyed since Koito out shining him made the whole thing pointless but still it was too funny watching Sugimoto get jealous like a little kid. Koito can really move it, him chasing the kid at the start and then all the acrobatics were great. So many funny moments this episode with Tanigaki bonding with the dancing girls, while Tsukishima had this wtf face on the whole time, to the old lady dancing teacher saying those weird comments, to when Sugimoto did the sword trick and teasing the crowd and finally the newspaper misprint. Great comedic episode for the show while also having some serious parts of Asirpa remembering something about her father and Sugimoto group finding their next destination.
Oct 26, 2020 8:57 AM

Sep 2019
They’re putting too much pressure on Genjirou, he just wanted to be a good dancer :(

Sugimoto was about to do harakiri but thanks to the Russians he played it out. Golden Kamuy’s still going strong.
Oct 26, 2020 9:00 AM

Aug 2017
Is there anything Sugimoto won't do to find Asirpa, also I feel like his name will somehow spread anyway considering he is immortal.
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Oct 26, 2020 9:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
One of the most violent circus representation ever haha, what a great episode once again
Oct 26, 2020 9:21 AM

May 2015
A perfect example of Expectations vs. Reality.
Oct 26, 2020 9:21 AM

Jun 2013
I just feel bad for Genjirou he can't dance that well lol. Golden Kamuy is so bizarre and good
Oct 26, 2020 9:29 AM

Nov 2016
Was highly anticipating this episode and certainly delivered. Putting aside the great story, it's the funniest anime currently. Would even go as far as claiming, the funniest from the last couple of years.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 26, 2020 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
I'm normally never a fan of shows like these going hard with comedy, but Golden Kamuy's one of the few that can pull it off. This whole episode was just jokes from beginning to end.
Oct 26, 2020 10:11 AM

Aug 2013
Another 10/10 episode.

Never thought that Tanigaki would have such a soft heart. XD

And Tsukishima's poker faces were hilarious.

Oct 26, 2020 10:20 AM

Jan 2016
The short friendship between Genjiro and the girl was nice.
Oct 26, 2020 10:28 AM

Jan 2008
Well that was hilarious with some dark undertones.

I think Tanigaki is now my favourite character. His passion for the dance was heart warming.

And I want a gif of Sugimoto trolling during his harakiri performance.
Oct 26, 2020 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Someone please make a gif of Sugimoto teasing the audience.
Oct 26, 2020 11:46 AM

Apr 2020
I didn't know chanting boner was important when learning how to ride a bike lmao

Genjiro-chan and Sugimoto's shenanigans were perfect this episode.
Oct 26, 2020 12:03 PM
Jul 2019
The fact the studio made Tanigaki’s neck very thick made the episode more hilarious. Overall it’s another great episode showing how much of a dorky badass Sugimoto is. An absolute unit.
Oct 26, 2020 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
Get out there and bow for the crowd and grab the bodies while they're distracted, followed by the scene is possibly one of the best comedic events of the year! Dude in his tutu. Priceless.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 26, 2020 12:59 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Every Monday feels good when I watch an episode of Golden Kamuy and these episodes keep getting better with comedy. So Sugimoto decides to join the circus in hoping that Asirpa would find him alive. This plan did not go so well because Koito kept outshining him with his athleticism and poor Sugimoto had to perform the Harakiri with a real blade.
Oct 26, 2020 1:22 PM

May 2018
Hummm, they mentioned yet another prison to eventually infiltrate in and break out...I guess it's a recurring theme.

Sugimoto did a number on the russian контрразведка.
Oct 26, 2020 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
That fake-out dance is hilarious!
Oct 26, 2020 2:11 PM

Mar 2017
Best episode so far! So many hilarious comedic moments, mainly from Sugimoto & Koito's circus rivalry haha I was actually on the edge of my seat when Sugimoto put that katana to his stomach. I thought 'seriously, how is he gonna get out of this one?!'

That scene with Asirpa's group and the deer was so funny too, but then I remembered that Kiroranke & Ogata are treacherous pieces of shit and it kinda dampened the fun...
Oct 26, 2020 2:39 PM

Apr 2015
Sugimoto's trolling face was brilliant!! Eventho he realised that it was an actual blade, he still continued. He would be the person crazy enough to cut his own stomach as well, luckily for him those russians walked in!

This episode was hilarious with all the faces and circus rivalry.

Armandoriel said:

UberBat said:

Here ya go :3

Oct 26, 2020 2:52 PM

Jul 2017
CeddyyBearr said:

Thank you so much!
Oct 26, 2020 3:48 PM

Jan 2017
Genjirou and Koito were the MVPs of the episode, it was hilarious.

Also, I really like that even characters that we only see in one episode still get very good designs.
*laughs in Dimple*
Oct 26, 2020 5:32 PM
May 2019
Best anime of the season right now,
Oct 26, 2020 6:06 PM

Apr 2018
CeddyyBearr said:
Sugimoto's trolling face was brilliant!! Eventho he realised that it was an actual blade, he still continued. He would be the person crazy enough to cut his own stomach as well, luckily for him those russians walked in!

Armandoriel said:

UberBat said:

This are the best GIFs ever. Period.

I can't believe how good this series is. Sugimoto is rapidly becoming one of my favorite characters ever in all of fiction in any medium.

AOTY 10/10
Oct 26, 2020 6:13 PM

Aug 2019
I’m glad this show has the rating it does right now(8.27~) because honestly this show is one of the best shows this season but it has such a low amount of viewership atleast on this site.
Oct 26, 2020 6:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Golden Kamuy continued with its usual lesson by Ainu standardization. The first part was not surprising. Its really a little lesson from your fellow Ainu to told me one or two things. Ogata reaction surely the best for me on these part. Kiroranke reached a nice memories of Asirpa. It might led them to find the key to the gold locations. But for now, its still a mystery about the truth. Well, lets move on to the other teams on their behind!

Hah, i never expected the pursuit team led by Tsukishima did a bit of circus performance under the ring master that actually ex spy. That dancing coach too, actually a badass person to shot that rusia spy without a doubt, its really caught off my guard. As expected from Golden Kamuy usual antic, that shocking moments were real. Even a common entertainer like a circus show had a massive twist and maniac behind it xD.

Well, not much happened at the first place. Since it seemed Sugimoto and his teams actually really lost Asirpa's trace while the last event happened on the previous episode. However, a little information from that circus owner, at least gave a little hope for him to found out where Asirpa's and the rest were locate. A nice progression at the end of the episode to moved on the plot into a better positions.

The circus part had a lot of funny moments on it. Sugimoto almost died when doing a real Harakiri. Tsukishima fucked them up, trying to sabotage Koito's action, but Koito himself thought its Sugimoto's job. So thats why shit almost choking them. Fortunately that rusia peoples arrived at the right time to stopped a failure to the show, lol. In another matter, Koito somewhat became the a real star on these episode. Because of his talented move on the acrobatic matter really amazing and deserved more recognition. Its really good to see Koito shine more. The previous one really had a less screen time of him. Meanwhile, Tanigaki kept his melancholic approaching at his best, and Tsukishima's plain reaction in the background to responded Tanigaki was a laughable material for me.

Well, the next one must be good by looking to its title. The real hunt must began, including Kiroranke's group as the main subject that might became a great turn-point of these season. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 26, 2020 6:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020

Lol. Its made my day full of laughter. XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 26, 2020 7:16 PM
Mar 2015
Aspira is the queen of poop
Oct 26, 2020 7:35 PM
Jun 2017
love that harakiri show by sugimoto... hahaha... those people think its just a trick... hahaha...

anyways lets see where their journey will lead them
Oct 26, 2020 8:16 PM

Sep 2010
This show is so ridiculous, I love it. The ending was just perfect.
Oct 26, 2020 8:40 PM

May 2012
It's so funny when the little girls were cheering up Genjiro-chan hhahhha.

The immortal sugimoto turned THE IMMORAL SUGIMOTO BWAHAHAHHA. This show is just funny and amazing all in the right places.

I just really love all the characters in Golden Kamuy. And the OPs and Eds are always amazing. Hoping this will be 2 cour!
rebelakumaOct 26, 2020 8:43 PM
Oct 26, 2020 9:27 PM

Jun 2019
A pretty fun episode. This anime does such a good job with its characters and putting them in situations to shine. They all bring something unique to the table, which makes the constant changing of allegiances so reinvigorating.
Oct 26, 2020 9:35 PM

Mar 2019
I hope the other series/directors/anime industry people TAKES NOTES..

Of "How to make a successfull and very good filler episode" that actually follows the story....

There is no competition for Golden Kamuy in this Season... Clearly #1.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 26, 2020 10:16 PM

Jul 2016
Tanigaki nispa is such a treasure ♥ I love this manly yet soft dude so much.

Fantastic episode once again. The sudden switch from silly humor to morbid comedy was so unexpected yet I think I ended up laughing even harder in the end. Sugimoto trolling with the sword and every scene featuring Tanigaki got me so good xD
And man, now I really want "The IMMORAL Sugimoto" name to spread across the country just for the lolz.
CeddyyBearr said:

God bless you. Thank you so much xD
Oct 26, 2020 10:17 PM
Jul 2019
CeddyyBearr said:

Armandoriel said:

UberBat said:

Stand back! This man’s a hero!
Oct 26, 2020 10:50 PM

Jan 2011
golden kaumy continues to be one of the best things of a very packed season Sugimoto has a good troll face whaaayyyyy

despite all the sillyness allowing all the guys to shine shit kicked off real quick at the end classic case of it's all apart of the show but it's totally not!.

that Genjiro...sub plot lol my lord
Oct 26, 2020 11:11 PM

Jul 2012
Oh my lord, my sides hurt from laughing so much! This was an hilarious episode!
Ogata's BSOD face at the start already had me dead lmao
This shows does comedy SO perfectly! Love it!
Oct 26, 2020 11:24 PM

Jul 2019
This has been the most enjoyable episode of Golden Kamuy thus far.
Oct 26, 2020 11:39 PM
Nov 2017
Golden Kamuy is too funny lmao
Oct 27, 2020 12:19 AM

Jun 2014
Koito had me dead when he was diving after the picture of Tsurumi lol. Genjirou's unexpected emotional commitment to the dance routine, and of course Sugimoto's harakiri show were also both hilarious. The audience witnessed Russian dudes get killed in front of their own eyes and thought it was just part of the show xD this anime is a fucking treasure, one of the few that has an overall serious story, but can seamlessly pull off that comedic transition.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 27, 2020 1:04 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic episode, and probably one of the funniest episodes so far of the whole series. That episode was a fucking ride, especially so for Tanigaki's emotional state lmao.

Asirpa is too much of a dork to notice Sugimoto's performance and does she even read the newspaper lmao. But, we got a clue though let's fucking go. This season has been super good so far.

I yearn for the day Golden Kamuy actually becomes as popular as the likes of Gintama and JoJo.
Oct 27, 2020 2:01 AM

Dec 2014
the jokes in this show though..hmm... always get me..but it is still serious still
Oct 27, 2020 3:49 AM

May 2020
This season of golden kamuy is probably gonna top the previous seasons in every aspect. The comedy is gold tbh.
Oct 27, 2020 3:52 AM

May 2020
The ending was hilarious great show
Oct 27, 2020 3:57 AM

Jul 2016
Smudy said:
This is the best anime of the season right now, i love everything about this season so far.

Tsukishima with his god damn faces is killing me.

This anime just continues to deliver in spades.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2020

112 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2020

107 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2020

62 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2020

121 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2020

51 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 3, 7:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.