Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2020 8:26 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cause you're my true angel Asuna-san

An amazing fight, thanks to you Yuuki. I wasn't surprised that Yuuki would come to help Asuna, I liked it when Asuna turned into an angel. BGM is so awesome, I was surprised that the bastard was still alive, really. Kirito could only move his hand, ohhh shit.

Thanks Kirito and welcome back.

Aug 15, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
HERE WE GO GUYS! THE FINALE ARC: Alicization Lasting, Part 7 of Arc 4!

The flashback of Kirito right before the entire fiasco that was SAO, it was certainly fate right from the get-go.

PoH's ruthless slaughtering continues, and all it needs is Mother Rosario's Yuuki to reignite all that firepower to Asuna and face off against Aincrad's mass serial killer. Even with ALL that firepower, PoH still stands ridiculously with overwhelming evil.

Kirito's memory confrontation from the ENTIRE SAO series up to date, it was rigging of the most infamous times of fear. To stand against the girls (Asuna, Sinon and Suguha) and partner (Eugeo) who've made his life count, even Higa is having trouble getting Kirito's fluctlight to post, but A PUSH IS NEEDED for "the man, the myth, the legend" whose been through all the shit and needing a revival.

AT LONG LAST, THE BLACK SWORDSMAN HAS AWAKENED...and PoH has met his match.

The hype just can't die down, isn't it? We're HALFWAY to this final season of Alicization, and expecting epic battles of proportions. Keep it coming!
KANLen09Aug 29, 2020 10:55 AM
Aug 15, 2020 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
Main guy in the world of his own. School life and forgetting something.

He saw someone calling and Hayami-san's character?!

The ep. is not entirely about main guy's memory, but also back to the battle.

Aoi-san's character's voice encouraging main girl?!

Him wanting to break how "perfect" main guy is... Using the lives he absorbed on his sword. Main girl gaining power from Aoi-san's character.

Main guy looks back at his painful journey where many people died in front of him, including the ones he killed cruelly. Three girls appearing in front of him, who started to hurt himself. Eugeo guy is the only one who can wake him up to his sense.

Main guy woke up to use Eugeo guy's skill, as well as protecting the girls and regaining his arm.

Finally narration to next ep. title is back to him.

https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status/1294656827431325696 ("OUR HERO'S COME BACK." Indeed)
tsubasaloverAug 15, 2020 8:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 15, 2020 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Yup, an episode focused on Kirito and his inner psyche. It's one of those episodes showing the psychological elements of his character and the characters that gives him hope. Of course, Asuna is among them.

About damn time Kirito is back. You know shit is about to get real when that theme song plays. The buildup episode that led to his return is well worth it.
Aug 15, 2020 8:30 AM

Apr 2020
Nice to see Yuuki again, Yuki helping Asuna, and the fight between Asuna and PoH is really good!

Finally! This is what I'm waiting for, you finally wake up Kirito! when Kirito woke up I got goosebumps,I can't wait for next week's episode!
Aug 15, 2020 8:34 AM

Feb 2018
Even though it's goddess power isn't Asuna too op, I mean with an account like that it's not impossible against the forces of darkness, light will always win. Am I the only one who likes the effects of that angelic change? And yeah, i didn't understand about score.

Aug 15, 2020 9:03 AM

Nov 2016
Coming directly to the best part of the episode, I'm glad that the author didn't forget about Yuuki in this battle, her arc is till this day still my favorite of all SAO.

And at last, the man, the myth, the legend, Chadito has returned. The enjoyable ride that's War of Underworld has been nice while it lasted.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 15, 2020 9:19 AM

Jul 2008
So Kirito was pretty messed up from not being able to protect all those people who died, and Eugio back then was the last hit that really broke him, and that's why he simply had to have Eugio to help him recover too.
I hope they'll get a chance to explain this a little more in detail later on, like they did in the light novels.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Kirito didn't get his arm back there, he just imagined himself a pseudo-whatnot arm for a little bit there.

Aug 15, 2020 9:53 AM

Sep 2018
Final proof that Eugeo is the Best Girl!
That Asuna fight animation was amazingly well done, i'm lost for words....
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 15, 2020 10:02 AM

Jan 2016
Kirito is back, thanks to Eugeo!
Aug 15, 2020 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Asuna's fight animation was magnificent, I almost cried when I saw Yuuki.

Glad to see the one who saved Kirito at the end was Eugeo, I miss the guy.

And finally, Ayyy now that was an epic comeback. He froze the army and saved his loved ones. Can't wait to see next episode, HYPEE!!
MegamiRemAug 15, 2020 10:36 PM
Aug 15, 2020 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Somehow I feel that Asuna should be way stronger than what she is. I mean doesn't she have one of the highest level accounts in the simulation and should definitely be capable of unleashing some kind of huge AoE attack (Similar to what Kirito does) that is not the terrain transformation thing, is she just unaware of what she can do or does she just lack the weapon for it?
I loved her angelic form, that was gorgeous. The fight sequence was fantastic too.

Kirito's awakening was pretty cool. He's probably too OP for PoH to handle.

FMmatron said:

The enjoyable ride that's War of Underworld has been nice while it lasted.

This got to me. xD
Aug 15, 2020 10:07 AM

Jun 2017
Finally, the episode I've been waiting for all along. Only thing to complain about, the changes to the nightmares Kirito had were a bit weird. I have no idea why they chose to have him fighting Xaxa instead of Copper who was in the LN for example.

Other than that, amazing stuff.
Signature.
Aug 15, 2020 10:08 AM

Feb 2019
No Alice? 6/10. Nah JK, but in all seriousness.

Everyone knows how much I hate asuna, but man that fight with PoH made my pp go brr. Loved the switch to the bercouli vecta art/animation and got goosebumps at Asuna getting wings. Epic moment.

What I loved the most about reading the nightmare in volume 18 was that it gave some backstory to Kirito that people often overlook. People think he’s had it so easy and he’s so OP, never faces any difficulties etc, but in reality he’s been carrying so much guilt and pain from the loss of his first love and guild to the people he had to kill in Aincrad, etc.

That’s a huge burden for anyone to carry, nonetheless a teenager. Kirito’s not the bland MC ani tubers and bandwagoners make him out to be and this sequence proves it

A trip down memory lane, then of course the return of the blackswordsman. What an awesome and powerful episode.

Few more weeks for
Aug 15, 2020 10:10 AM

Mar 2015
This episode was truly something else, from Yuuki guest appearance to Eugeo being the best boy, amazing stuff.

Also really happy that Asuna got to do something, a welcome change for sure.
Aug 15, 2020 10:11 AM

Aug 2013
Kirito is finally awake. Hell yeah!!! About time. I got so excited when they played that theme song for Kirito.

Asuna fight against PoH was so amazing. When they showed Konno Yuuki, I had to hold back my tears.

This was an amazing episode overall. Kirito was suffering all on his own. I'm glad that he is back now.

Aug 15, 2020 10:17 AM

Aug 2012
That Asuna sakuga fight was too short, but nice Yuuki cameo.

Ayy, he's finally back!

Apr 2018
That Asuna vs PoH fight gave me goosebumps, fricking awesome. And now Kirito has finally awakened after all that suffering. Next episodes are gonna be awesome. I just wonder what happened to Alice and Subtilizer.
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah f*cking great episode Kirito finally woke up it's incredible, and the scene with his past actions was great too, now I can't wait to see the big fight with him against PoH (and with the help of everyone I guess) or maybe some bonding moments with Asuna who knows... lol
Aug 15, 2020 10:19 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Love the subtle references within Kirito's dream world. To think that Vassago actually had a warped sense of love for Kirito though. If anything though given the power of incarnation has only served to make him even more powerful in underworld. The fact that he mentioned the use of mass murder so casually is just so chilling. Asuna's transformation as she received the hopes and wishes of her friends and comrades as she stood firm against Vassago though was impressive. The image of a goddess standing up to the demon that is Vassago sure was apt. Even in death Yuuki still came to help Asuna in her moment of need. The scenes where Kirito had that last convo with the memory of Eugeo sure was an emotional one. Kirito's return and his save of Asuna and Sortiliena from Vassago was just so satisfyingly epic. Welcome Back Kirito. Time to give Vassago and Gabriel the pasting that they so deserve. Overall a strong ep that combined excellent fight scenes via Asuna's fight with Vassago and an interesting look into the emotional pain that Kirito has been wrestling with as a result of the trials that he had faced.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2020 10:21 AM

Dec 2013
As someone who ACTUALLY likes SAO... I felt that this episode was a giant ass-pull.

Aug 15, 2020 10:23 AM

Apr 2016
Kryki said:
As someone who ACTUALLY likes SAO... I felt that this episode was a giant ass-pull.

Read the LN. All of Alicization was leading up to this. Reki spent 4 whole volumes building up to Kirito's Awakening. The anime doesn't do it justice for someone seeking more in-depth explanation or attention to detail.
Aug 15, 2020 10:27 AM

May 2016
Boring ass episode. expected to see kirito from the beginning but nope.... all that boring shit with him trying to get out and see him at the end for 30 seconds.
Aug 15, 2020 10:30 AM
Jan 2019
HajimeNozomiUwU said:
Kryki said:

Read the LN. All of Alicization was leading up to this. Reki spent 4 whole volumes building up to Kirito's Awakening. The anime doesn't do it justice for someone seeking more in-depth explanation or attention to detail.

Well as a Light novel reader this episode was very disappointing to say the least. The anime messed up the nightmare scene royally.
Aug 15, 2020 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Finally, god himself has come back to life!
Aug 15, 2020 10:34 AM

Apr 2014
Well it looks like our Sword God is back. Welcome back doc! Dude, imagine watching this in a giant room full of people man I be clapping and screaming. WELCOME BACK! XD Though I can see some comments where people say it was not done properly. Do not know what was missing, but I guess it was very important.
Aug 15, 2020 10:35 AM

Jul 2016
Were here in last volume of the arc Alicization Lasting. The sequence is well adapted imo, you felt how Kirito hes going through. The flashback of all the people interact with him and his regret by not saving them. And the sins that he's carrying all these years, way back Aincrad to now.

The one of my anticipited fight Asuna vs PoH is well animated like the Bercouli fight. With Asuna using her skill Mothers Rosrio with the memory of her friend Yuuki is a nice touch. Overall its a nice episode.

To the next episode hyped for Kirito vs PoH.

Aug 15, 2020 10:42 AM

Oct 2012
I think this episode have the best animation of all sao series .
Amazing episode ,
Again lets wait 7 days
Aug 15, 2020 10:44 AM

Sep 2015
Sora_1303 said:
HajimeNozomiUwU said:

Well as a Light novel reader this episode was very disappointing to say the least. The anime messed up the nightmare scene royally.

Do some really want us to have 2 episodes where Kirito fights with himself to wake up?
Aug 15, 2020 10:47 AM

Feb 2018
Syureria said:
Even though it's goddess power isn't Asuna too op, I mean with an account like that it's not impossible against the forces of darkness, light will always win. Am I the only one who likes the effects of that angelic change? And yeah, i didn't understand about score.

They got me every single freaking time when Yuuki show herself somehow for Asuna. Every. Single. Time.
Aug 15, 2020 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
Eugeo is part of the harem really huh lol

but nice to see Sachi the first love again also Yuuki showing up too in memories or feelings form

Asuna got a moment of sakuga scene too there nice one

and lol how did Kirito regenerate an arm i thought his account is just ordinary one and not something special or administrator level account but then i remember the eye of Alice got regenerated too so it can happen

and really deadly love? a male yandere is rare in anime for sure that Prince of Hell is one of them
Aug 15, 2020 10:51 AM

Jul 2015
The power of friendship is so nice... not

Please give me back the original Alicization before all this Underworld ass-pull started.

Aug 15, 2020 10:51 AM
Dec 2018
This episode was just great. The fighting sequence between poh and Asuna was fabulous. The way Kirito came back to life reminded me of scene from Harry Potter 7 part 2 when Harry comes back to life. Anyway, welcome back Kirito it has been a long time!
Aug 15, 2020 10:52 AM

Jan 2017
Finally, a good episode, since I don't even know how long. Also, A1 is flexing quite hard in this episode. I hope that the story will start moving now because there is a lot to say/do in those last few episodes.
Aug 15, 2020 10:53 AM

Apr 2020
Amazing animation quality for the fight between PoH and Asuna. I only wish it was longer.

About time Kirito woke up. Pumped to see what I hope to be an epic boss fight next week.
Aug 15, 2020 11:00 AM

Dec 2017
Today's top episode of Sword Art Online. Finally this season is being Sword Art Online.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 15, 2020 11:00 AM

Apr 2015
With all the cameos of previous seasons/events, it was nice to also see a glimpse of Yuuki again! Asuna fight was great, it looked amazing, but it was a bit too short!

Man, I would hate to be in Kirito's shoes, reliving all those memories of what happened in Aincrad, Alfheim, GGO and the events prior to the war of underworld. I am glad to see he's back!!

Now to wait for next week to see Kirito give PoH a nice ass-whooping!!
Aug 15, 2020 11:13 AM
Jun 2020
i want a ova where he fights the white swordsman
Aug 15, 2020 11:14 AM
Mar 2015
Asuna's battle animation was dope. Kirito is not AFK anymore, and OMFG Matsuoka's voice acting is always TOP NOTCH.
Aug 15, 2020 11:14 AM

Nov 2016
Damn, that animation in Yuuki's special attack was really beautifull and amazing. Everything else was good too, the fact that Kirito came back to life after feeling a lot of pain is kinda a good reason too.

Idk about y'all, but to me it seems that Kirito liked more Eugeo than Asuna and others. Kirito literally jumped out of the floor as soon as Eugeo appeared xd
Aug 15, 2020 11:15 AM

Sep 2017
So, as expected, everybody was saved by the power of friendship and harem.

Aaaand Kirito is back.

At least the animation was pretty good.
Aug 15, 2020 11:24 AM

Nov 2012
As expected it took Eugeo to bring him back. If they take the cleaver away from PoH , won't he just die?
Aug 15, 2020 11:27 AM

Jun 2020
Absolutely epic episode, was nice to see Kiritos mental state, and understand more about him and nice to see how much of an effect Eugeo had on him. Cannot wait to see the fight next episode.

Aug 15, 2020 11:33 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
YUUKI appeared too. Chara from the past coming back one by one.

Wow this really feel like it gonna be the last season for anime adaptation.

Aug 15, 2020 11:34 AM

May 2019
Whatever, just finish off that PoH already, the BS about "look these japanese!" annoyed to death.

Btw, who the Ch/Kor/US players was killing? Almost all "underworld" forces and japaneses was already eliminated before.

And what is this thing about "death". If Asuna or any japanese died, they just will disconnect from underworldo and lose their accounts.

Asuna btw just will wake in the Ocean Turtle, just as happened with Vassago.

Let me guess, the adaptation skipped something important about the consequences of "death" for human players other than feel pain, right?

Rob7Aug 15, 2020 11:41 AM
Aug 15, 2020 11:35 AM
Jun 2015
AdrianRubinsky said:
The power of friendship is so nice... not

Please give me back the original Alicization before all this Underworld ass-pull started.

You have an LOGH pic. Why you watching this trash?
Aug 15, 2020 11:41 AM
Oct 2016
Our hero's come back!! Oh man this episode was just as emotional as I thought it would be. Kirito my baby boy, such pain over all these years and all these gruesome events. The mental toll that it's all taken on him is immense. He's been through so damn much. Having to see those old memories shoved in his face. I shed more than a few tears during that scene. It was beautiful. But it's just like Eugeo said, memories are in our hearts. The memories Kirito has gotten from all of those deeply connected to him. Having to show him it's ok to stand up, it's ok to move forward even after everything that's happened. That even with all the pain there's good there too. Getting emotional typing this out. It was beautiful seeing Eugeo, Asuna, Sinon and Suguha call out to Kirito. I could feel his pain in those moments but still needing to push on.

The other beautiful moment of course being when Asuna used Mother's Rosario on Vassago! Yuki!!!!!!!!!!!!! That about made me tear up too. Yuki calling out to Asuna to stand up. There's always people there who will pick us up when we're at our lowest. Animation looked incredible when Asuna drove that giant hole through Vassago. But still not enough as we saw. Vassago butcher blade gathering even more energy from the blood spilled on that battlefield. Leading to Kirito using Enhance Armament with Eugeo!!! So many jaw dropping moments this episode. Best episode of WoU thus far. Now it's awakening.
Aug 15, 2020 11:42 AM
Oct 2016
Damuzen said:
So, as expected, everybody was saved by the power of friendship and harem.

Aaaand Kirito is back.

At least the animation was pretty good.

Completely missed what was happening if you think that
Aug 15, 2020 11:47 AM

Oct 2019
Great episode!!! I'm looking forward to the next episode, I want more.
Aug 15, 2020 11:55 AM

Apr 2017
Best bro Eugeo come to rescue
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.