Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 23, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So they have a group assigned to protect Kirito and that supply cart now.

Not sure how I feel about that green haired integrity knight though. I mean, I guess it's not too surprising that even integrity knights can feel fear at times. Action seems uncensored and bloody as usual.
Nov 23, 2019 7:26 AM

Nov 2007
He was once told that he's "broken". He calmed down but met those two kouhais bringing main guy. They asked him to protect main guy.

So he was afraid of killing like he did to his opponent in the competition in the past, who was his friend.

Main guy moving, showing he wants to protect the two even if he's in Haijin mode, which made the green hair guy to save them and got courage to stand on the battlefield.

Flying knives to 4-pedals clover?... Now he gets some respect from the twins.

Flying monsters after goblins, then wolves and witches.

The souls from everyone getting from the sphere Alice girl summoned... Even witches' power. Wow, enormous power. She is sad, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 23, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
That green haired guy managed to get some courage and slaughter some goblins, even the goblin captain.

That attack by Alice was insane. Overall, a great episode.

Nov 23, 2019 9:10 AM

Feb 2019
Excellent week. Alice tops the anime trending chart for best girl of the week Fall 2019. My review for WOU has become the top one on MAL and people have been friend requesting all week/adding me to SAO fan pages. A lot of the downright senseless hate against SAO is being called out and challenged online and I appreciate that. It’s ok if you don’t like the series, everything’s not for everyone, however if you’re 4 seasons into it at this point and still complaining with the same tired ass talking points, that’s on you. Just don’t watch it. There’s no need to drag yourself through something you don’t enjoy just to seem cool by shitting on it online.

Anyway. Amazing episode as usual, animation and art have been absolutely world class from A-1 this season, my God. The colour palette is just brilliant and really brings everything ABEC drew to life. Loved the fights this episode. Renly's growth was awesome and felt very natural, his self confidence was completely shot and he reacted in a way I think most people would being put in that situation. I actually enjoyed seeing it in the episode a lot more than reading it. Always being labeled a failure would break anyone.
Finding courage in spite of that is amazing, good job Renli. The disappointment on DIL's face was priceless, and to top it off, best girl wipes an entire battalion out in a single strike. Loved her facial expression through it all. Definitely just as good as I imagined while reading. Can't wait for the next ep Thanksgiving weekend! Also, volume 23 is now available for pre order on Amazon!

Alice is Godtier waifu: https://imgur.com/a/c5u311B
Nov 23, 2019 9:17 AM
Oct 2017
Glad Renly got some courage to fight after seeing Kirito try to save Ronie and Tiese even though he couldnt move.

Animation is great as always!

Alice's attack looked so clean, cant wait to see where it takes us in the next episode!

Overall another great episode, each episode gets me hyped for the next one!
DracobladeexNov 23, 2019 6:56 PM
My Candies:
Nov 23, 2019 9:21 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

I liked the scene where Kirito was clutching his swords trying to protect Ronnie and Tiese against the Goblin. It was cool that it spurred the green haired knight into action.

More Quinella, yes please! <3

Time Splitting sword was cool.

"If the people of the Human Empire and the monsters of the land of darkness have essentially the same souls. If the only difference is whether you were born on one side of the mountain or the other. Then why are they, why are we fighting?"
Human history in a nutshell. :(

Alice's burst element was awesome, it's just been a beam fest today hasn't it? First FGO and now this. I wholeheartedly approve. xD
Nov 23, 2019 9:21 AM

Jul 2017
Another boring episode personally for me. I feel like due to the amount of meaningless exposition this show has had throughout, not even the good visuals have managed to blow me away and this episode is a victim of it.
Nov 23, 2019 9:22 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see Linel and Fizel again. Though young their skills at arms is real as these gobs found. Renry sure had it tough in the past. Still given what happened prior to him becoming a knight fear i guess is understandable. Its tragic that it was a loss of a dear friend that caused that though. While still comatose its nice to see Kirito's actions managed to not only inspire but break Renry out of the fear and allow him to take up his role. The hardest part of trying to overcome a shortcoming is not realising it but rather admitting and confronting it and while hard on Renry this shows how determined he is to protect Tiese, Ronny and Kirito who inspired him. His fight with Kosogi was a perfect proof of this. Though tactically necessary the act of gathering the souls of all that perished in battle for her spell must be a heavy burden on Alice. Still the force of that spell sure was overwhelming. Overall a strong ep that while doing well in showing the state of the battle as night falls also did well to show how the enemies various plans are foiled as the knights muster their courage and foresight to defy the enemy while also learning more about themselves in the process. With his second wave destroyed im curious to see what Gabriel's next move will be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2019 9:24 AM
Feb 2009
first half was kinda although Alice's burst element was op af at the end and still waiting for Asuna!!
Nov 23, 2019 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
Bankai! Senbonzakura Orbital Laser Cannon

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 23, 2019 9:37 AM
Oct 2019
- Renly has a sad backstory...doesn't change the fact that he was a coward
- Those two girl knights are pretty powerful
- Bercouli is also very powerful
- Even with half the integrity knights gone the dark territory stands no chance...but the emperor is far too over powered, they'll definitely need Kirito, I'm missing his old self :(
- Alice annihilated the dark territory armies, that was a cool scene
- Still...where is Asuna? Is she going to show up when it's all over?
Nov 23, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2015
enough of worst girl alice already, we need asuna asap!
Nov 23, 2019 9:49 AM

Jun 2017
Great episode with amazing visuals. I'm fine with them cutting corners with their CGI use if it means we get awesome scenes like Renri's fight and flashback, Bercouli being ridiculously OP as usual and that awesome attack at the end.
Signature.
Nov 23, 2019 10:02 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Human Empire has managed to repel the Dark Territory's fist and second units with two powerful attacks from Alice and Bercouli. It was nice to see Renly return to the battlefield after seeing Kirito's resolve.
Nov 23, 2019 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
Asuna where? lol

Renly is a coward because of his trauma of killing his best friend but his cool

and the spirit bomb of Alice is unleashed
Nov 23, 2019 10:39 AM
May 2017
Is this ep really just 9 mins long or is Kissanime not working
Nov 23, 2019 10:46 AM

Apr 2016
Don't talk about piracy in the episode discussion forum.
Nov 23, 2019 10:46 AM

Oct 2019
Another great episode from this season, I'm loving it. Very good!!!
Nov 23, 2019 10:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Alice's attack at the end... wow, good episode, I wonder how the war will the turn
Nov 23, 2019 11:09 AM

May 2019
Nice episode, nice SAO logic:

- If Renly was not in that same tent for pure coincidence, both the girls (and maybe Kirito's avatar) would be dead by now.

- SAO Alicization have something against male friendship and brotherhood.

- In fact, again is the series trying to introduce and making us care for another random Knight and its story...

- Alice shot her Genki Dama and annihilated thousands of furries and mage waifus.

Does they really need any help to win this Battle?

Send this useless suicidal charges must be a genial war strategy from Gabriel...
Nov 23, 2019 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
lots of badassary, Alice's attack looked as cool as I thought it would

Also @killbethy your initial guess about Asuna might actually be right in the end lol. We still got that quiet female knight story to go through so I'm guessing it may actually indeed happen somewhere around ep.9/10
Nov 23, 2019 11:10 AM

Jan 2009
why the enemies seem weak though? the Dark Territory enemies do not have any Enhance Armaments like the Integrity Knights?
Nov 23, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2019
Leo said:
That green haired guy managed to get some courage and slaughter some goblins, even the goblin captain.

That attack by Alice was insane. Overall, a great episode.

GS SEAL OF APPROVAL
Nov 23, 2019 11:18 AM

Aug 2012
Jesus Alice, that attack was waaaaaaaay too powerful.
Nov 23, 2019 11:21 AM
Jul 2019
Man this was just too easy for them protagonist, them Dark Territory people don't even stand a chance , they playing this way too safe.
Nov 23, 2019 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
interesting to see Kirito's spirit inspire others even when he can't fight. Also that ending was insane. I like how they can make these overpowered integrity knights seem entirely plausible, especially with that explanation of using up all the magical energy in the area by gathering it up first. The ending was freaking insane.
Nov 23, 2019 11:36 AM

Mar 2014
Ok Alice's big attack there at the end was amazing.

And lol RIP D.I.L.'s big plans are all getting cucked so easily
Nov 23, 2019 11:48 AM

Oct 2018
Pretty good episode!

This season is doing really great so far!
Nov 23, 2019 11:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Alice has got a Macross cannon on her. holy smokes
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 23, 2019 12:32 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Saber just unleashed Excalibur
Nov 23, 2019 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode. The ending scene has been gorgeous, wow.
Nov 23, 2019 12:45 PM
Sep 2017
Inner monologue and expressions of Alice was really good. I was expecting some laser type blast attack after "trap luminos elements inside a mirror and reflect them infinitely" line. I was really caught unaware and surprised by Time Spliting Sword in Perfect Weapon Control, I was thinking is it some sort of detection spell or what then the red lines started to cut minions and I was like damn fam that is way too overpowered.
Nov 23, 2019 12:54 PM

Nov 2016
Even potato Kirito gives others courage.

Bercouli and Alice are too op, that hot second unit commander is going to rage.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 23, 2019 1:15 PM

Oct 2018
great action as always...

I don't remember why kirito is in a coma, can someone help me with that, please?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 23, 2019 2:00 PM
Mar 2014
Alice ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction, was freaking awesome!
Nov 23, 2019 2:43 PM

Sep 2014
I really hate that they tried to make me feel sad for that knight because of his past in an attempt to pardon him for abandoning his unit and let everyone died.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Nov 23, 2019 3:23 PM

Jul 2017
emraanash said:
great action as always...

I don't remember why kirito is in a coma, can someone help me with that, please?

After he rkd Administrator, he accessed the console thingy and tried to communicate with those aboard RAFT, but then I believe Gabriel's crew did something to the power which essentially caused his fluctlight to malfunction or something along the lines, hence the comatose state
Nov 23, 2019 3:54 PM

Feb 2015
I was fine with the last episode, this one was mostly annoying. The first 10 minutes of the episode were needlessly long and plagued by an awful pace and pointless monologuing. Watching this guy be a total coward (an issue which presumably stretched for years) only for him to pull a complete 180 after seeing the Kirito twitch was extremely stupid, ridiculous and annoying. Especially since they're seemingly trying to paint him as some great guy or pitiful and unstable person who just overcame a great hurdle when he left thousands to die.

The latter third of the episode was perfectly fine, though the cg mages and wolves were literally just 2 character designs repeated. Goblins would be one thing, but that was pretty lazy. Especially since the designs noticeably switched when it went from CG back normal animation. The part with Alice was nice on two fronts, especially since none of those bullshit "I anticipated that and your plan failed" moments never appeared.
Nov 23, 2019 4:11 PM

Oct 2015
These characters are keep popping up out of nowhere. Where the fuck do they get them?

They just introduced this Renly character whom we haven't seen in our entire lives, and suddenly has a major development, what? In all honesty this war just lost me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 23, 2019 5:00 PM

Jun 2014
Another great episode, this adaption keeps on giving
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2019 5:31 PM

May 2019
lihle808 said:
These characters are keep popping up out of nowhere. Where the fuck do they get them?

They just introduced this Renly character whom we haven't seen in our entire lives, and suddenly has a major development, what? In all honesty this war just lost me.

Has lost you? The season has lost itself since the 2nd episode.

By my count, still in this war (massacre) we have to be introduced to 1 new knight, to get more screentime of another one, and also be presented to another sub-villain. And Asuna is nowhere near.
Nov 23, 2019 5:39 PM

Jun 2014
So Linel and Fizel didn't go do something to Kirito like I thought, but to protect him, that was nice of them. Since Tiese and Ronye are useless.

So Renly is a coward because of his trauma of killing his best friend. And then he whoop suddenly gets over it by being inspired by a comatose Kirito trying to protect Tiese and Ronye... ok, lol, whatever.

Wait, let me guess, we'll get some backstory/explanation for the Scheta Integrity Knight in the next episode and it will take more than half the episode too. :/

Bercouli was cool and so was Alice's Spirit Bomb/Laser thingy.

(Asuna where the hell are you?)
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Nov 23, 2019 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
Oh my god...Alice is the baddest bitch in this entire anime. Holy shit that attack was utterly insane! My jaw hit the freaking floor.

Honestly she is the most developed female in this series imo.

I am just waiting for this show to take a turn for the worse with the enemy due to get an upper hand, and that garbage Asuna enters.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 23, 2019 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
they actually translated Renri, Scheta and Vector as Renly, Scheyta and Vecta.

why

anyways... A-1 cut a lot, welp. They cut Renri's talk with Linel and Fizel in the tent (which was why he actually came out to fight, not only just because potato Kirito tried to fight) and they even cut the scenes where Renri saves them from the goblins, welp.

And they legit skipped Linel and Fizel asking for permission to go there? Wtf A-1? Scheta would never accept them leaving without asking for permission first, this is bullshit

They didn't even put Kosogi mind games and why he was capable of going 1 on 1 with Renri

then again why would i expect A-1 to do justice to characters that arent kirito, asuna or garbalice.

anyways, seeing Renri animated is good, his voice is beautiful, and the double winged blades were nicely animated, tho iirc in the novel, the release recollection they actually become birds, don't they? oh well, it was still nice

oh, they changed the invading to exploding in the opening, thats actually cool

Renri/5.

RyouriNov 23, 2019 6:39 PM
Nov 23, 2019 6:43 PM

Dec 2013
I'm glad that Renly finally got his shit together in this episode. The way he calmly sliced the goblin leader in half was badass.

That was an op laser at the end.
Nov 23, 2019 6:58 PM

Apr 2015
Renly got his ass in gear, I guess seeing Tiese giving all her might to protect Kirito did the trick. Interesting weapon he has.

That burst element though! That was quite a destructive force! What is it with the sounds this week? After FGO this is the second Anime today where I have to tune the sound down cause literally every bit of glass in the kitchen was shaking. I love it though! :D

A bit more tame episode compared to last week. But atleast Alice and Bercouli made their first moves.
Nov 23, 2019 7:26 PM
Nov 2016
It's wonderful that we got to explore more characters in this world that we are fighting for. And of course how Kirito is still making a difference even though he's down. I am so looking forward to how every hater out there is gonna complain that he made an appearance and did something profound but they will miss that everyone else can fight or at least do something as well.
Also that special move that Alice and Bercouli did were so kickass.
Nov 23, 2019 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
Alice, kills like 1000 witches frickin right haha. On a side note, Kiritimati please wake tf up. Also isn’t Asuna supposed to have dove into the world?
Nov 23, 2019 9:03 PM

Jan 2017
I'm looking forward to Dee Eye Ell's reaction next episode.
Nov 23, 2019 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
Alice summoned a nuclear rail gun attack from a spirit bomb of all the dead souls

got it.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

262 by ____panda____ »»
May 22, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.