Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2019 8:02 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Both of the characters in the ed that we hadn’t seen finally appeared. First half of the episode was comedy with Zenitsu, he yells a lot... He seems nice enough, sharing his rice ball. Second half was a haunted house type situation, cool; people got separated, monsters appeared, and the boar headed dude from the ed shows up. Not sure what his deal is yet. The atmosphere worked well here, good music cues, surprisingly there wasn’t any fighting.
RebelPandaJun 15, 2019 8:43 AM
Jun 15, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
Good God, Zenitsu really made the first half of this episode popcorn entertainment worthy. Bet the VA had a lot of fun playing his character.

The balance between the lighthearted moments and more serious tone made the episode pretty well done if you ask me. The guy with the pig mask finally showed up too. Neat. Heard is going to be a continous cour recently so I expect a new theme song soon, maybe this month even.
Jun 15, 2019 8:54 AM

Aug 2008
i'm waiting the complains to start pouring regarding zenitsu:))
The spider is watching
Jun 15, 2019 9:02 AM

Apr 2018
Yay zenitsu! He's one of the most interesting and hilarious characters in the series and the board headed guy is here!
Jun 15, 2019 9:24 AM

Jun 2016
It's so good to see Zenitsu again, best character xD next episode is going to be even better!
Jun 15, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
So Zenitsu makes an appearance, what a funny guy. The other guy with the mask from the ED also makes an appearance.

Great episode overall.

Jun 15, 2019 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
Not only did we get Zenitsu this episode, but we also got Boar Head Inosuke

Their scene together was hilarious

OrangeJPJun 15, 2019 10:03 AM

Jun 15, 2019 9:46 AM

Jul 2012
The comedy is spot on in this episode! Especially Zenitsu's weird faces lol, it's goddamn funny. Damn I'm already at my limit, gonna go read the mango
Jun 15, 2019 9:53 AM

Feb 2019
Pathetic: https://imgur.com/a/LG5nrft, I’m investing in this format lmao

Zenitsu’s VA brings him to life perfectly, perfect adaptation imo. He’s still in next week from that slap too lmao

Pig assault time finally!

AOTS easily

With this pace looks like we’ll need 4 seasons to catch up to manga(assuming it stops at spider)

If you’ve not read the manga yet you need to be
Jun 15, 2019 9:57 AM

Aug 2016
Zenitsu seems interesting, I hope there's more to him then just his comedy routine.

Enter the Boar Head, interesting entrance, he seems like a Kenpachi Zaraki kinda character, from first impression anyway, I like blood thirsty characters.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jun 15, 2019 9:59 AM
May 2019
papsoshea said:
Zenitsu is pretty overkill with his reactions. And the wild boar mask dude shows up. There were some pretty nice shots, like when Tanjiro and the little girl got separated and the room was constantly changing while the camera was moving around like 360. This was needed after all the action-packed episodes. A little breather in between. The last few episodes were really great action wise so I am interested to see how these guys deal with this demon.

Yeah, thankfully the characters like tanjiro are also even annoyed by his over reactions, so that helps me live with it a bit and get a good laugh when tanjiro pulled that "disgusted" face.
Jun 15, 2019 10:00 AM

Apr 2018
Yeah finally, Inosuke-sama!!! :D
Great episode, So far this is one of my favorite episodes.
I can't wait for Thunder clap and pig assault, Both would be great.

And zenitsu, he's horribly weak huh, ok.
Jun 15, 2019 10:02 AM

Dec 2016
i kinda dreaded this episode since people who already hate this series will jump the gun and point as Zenitsu annoying. it not like characters need to grow and not show off all their personality from first meeting.

Overall good episode, sad that they translated it as coming through. pig Assault is better since it fit the character more. Inosuke design was so good.
Jun 15, 2019 10:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Huh that sure was an odd way to get a girl to marry you lol. Still that little event sure proved to be quite the bundle of laughs. Tanjirou's ability to understand the sparrow's words was impressive. The sparrow though sure is cute. Using the ogre face sure was a cunning move. But Zenitsu's attitude and personality sure doesn't match well with his job. The demon's ability to change the layout of its territory though was pretty interesting. He truly is the master of the house. An interesting ep that while featuring little action did well in introducing two new characters to the series with the latter one being the most unique. The comedy act of Zenitsu though was hillarious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2019 10:04 AM
May 2019
ExaltedChampion said:
i kinda dreaded this episode since people who already hate this series will jump the gun and point as Zenitsu annoying. it not like characters need to grow and not show off all their personality from first meeting.

Overall good episode, sad that they translated it as coming through. pig Assault is better since it fit the character more. Inosuke design was so good.

But people who like the series are kind of finding him annoying already, I barely see anything overly negative when it comes to Kimetsu. Im not a manga reader, but im absolutely certain a few must of felt the same way about Zenitsu. I think "hes annoying" is what the viewers are supposed to feel since ya know, hes being portrayed that way? You make it feel like people cant judge Zenitsu as such when the anime characters themselves even do it.
Weebover9000Jun 15, 2019 10:11 AM
Jun 15, 2019 10:06 AM
Sep 2015
Again, the monster's ability is too playful it could perfectly adopt into a video game. My theory is that when one kill a lot of people it'll try to be creative at some point. The boar boy seems like a perfect match for this monster though.

So good nose meet good ears in this episode, wondering if there will be good eyes, good touch, good tongue (not in a dirty way) and make a cliche team up.
Jun 15, 2019 10:07 AM

Apr 2018
ExaltedChampion said:
sad that they translated it as coming through. pig Assault is better since it fit the character more.
The same thing happens to twelve moon, translated to twelve kizuki. Guess what next? Lower kizuki and upper kizuki? Duh
Jun 15, 2019 10:12 AM

Apr 2017
Just to mention that a veteran (and good) Gintama's episode director (Shuuji Miyahara) was in charge this time, so no surprise on how well the comedy was executed, really good timings.
Jun 15, 2019 10:13 AM

Nov 2016
Everyone who said Astas screaming was annoying should watch this episode. Maybe it's because I'm still recovering from a hangover, but listening to Zenitsu was almost fucking torture xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2019 10:19 AM

Dec 2016
Weebover9000 said:
ExaltedChampion said:

But people who like the series are kind of finding him annoying already, I barely see anything overly negative when it comes to Kimetsu. Im not a manga reader, but im absolutely certain a few must of felt the same way about Zenitsu. I think "hes annoying" is what the viewers are supposed to feel since ya know, hes being portrayed that way? You make it feel like people cant judge Zenitsu as such when the anime characters themselves even do it.

No, i don't blame people that said Zenitsu is annoying in his first appearance cause he is, It just people gonna just shit on series because Zenitsu been annoying at first. Also fun fact: He the second most popular character in the series, only after Tanjirou. Really make you think isn't it.
Jun 15, 2019 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
I'm happy Mr. Boar Head has been introduced. He was one of the characters I was looking forward the most to appear (judging by the opening and the promotional material, I'm no manga reader). Zenitsu may look like a cowardly idiot, but I bet he's more of what he seems at first sight. His voice actor was on point too.

I see they casted Junichi Suwabe as the Drum Demon. In one hand, is always nice to hear him, but on the other, I'm kinda bummed out that they wasted him in a monster of the week demon instead on a more important character (like they did with the previous enemy demons), but, well...
Jun 15, 2019 10:20 AM

Apr 2018
Weebover9000 said:

But people who like the series are kind of finding him annoying already, I barely see anything overly negative when it comes to Kimetsu. Im not a manga reader, but im absolutely certain a few must of felt the same way about Zenitsu. I think "hes annoying" is what the viewers are supposed to feel since ya know, hes being portrayed that way?
he's the most favorite (#2) character of the series tho, based of the poll from the manga.
Jun 15, 2019 10:21 AM
May 2019
Jfs_ said:
Weebover9000 said:

But people who like the series are kind of finding him annoying already, I barely see anything overly negative when it comes to Kimetsu. Im not a manga reader, but im absolutely certain a few must of felt the same way about Zenitsu. I think "hes annoying" is what the viewers are supposed to feel since ya know, hes being portrayed that way?
he's the most favorite (#2) character of the series tho, based of the poll from the manga.

I'm not discussing popularity from manga readers, im discussing how hes presented to new fans at this current point in time
Jun 15, 2019 10:22 AM

Mar 2018
Zenistsu's the kind of character that can really get on you nerves if the show doesn't go all out on him. I've had one the best laughs in a while because of how over the top it was.

Surprisingly one of the most entertaining episode yet, the overall comedic tone really helped when it became darker.
Jun 15, 2019 10:27 AM
Nov 2015
Y'all were waiting for it, so here I come: yes, Zenitsu is so damn annoying and basically screwed up the episode.

Jun 15, 2019 10:30 AM

Jan 2015
Oh yes Zenitsu is here. Anime onlies are gonna hate him straight away, I already know. Honestly, some of his lines made me laugh. It was a fun episode for sure.

From next episode things are going to get much more serious, can’t wait for the rest of this arc, this is gonna be epic I tell ya

PIG ASSAULT!

XenocrisiJun 16, 2019 2:55 AM
Jun 15, 2019 10:30 AM

Mar 2016
RebelPanda said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Both of the characters in the ed that we hadn’t seen finally appeared. First half of the episode was comedy with Zenitsu, he yells a lot... He seems nice enough, sharing his rice ball. Second half was a haunted house type situation, cool; people got separated, monsters appeared, and the boar headed dude from the ed shows up. Not sure what his deal is yet. The atmosphere worked well here, good music cues, surprisingly there wasn’t any fighting.

Zenitsu is funny as hell, but my worry is that the comedy involving him may turn out untimely. Idk about Boarface, though.
Everything else is fine for sure, though I still have my gripes about some of the CG scenes as well as some awkward moments of silence.
Jun 15, 2019 10:32 AM

Apr 2011
Zenitsu is annoying yet hilarious LOL!

Can't wait for the next episode!

Jun 15, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2018
Tanjiro's disgusted face is the best XD
Jun 15, 2019 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
Nice episode.

Zenitsu was the one who carried the episode throughout through his comic actions.

Also Boar attack.

Jun 15, 2019 10:51 AM

Mar 2016
papsoshea said:
Zenitsu is pretty overkill with his reactions. And the wild boar mask dude shows up. There were some pretty nice shots, like when Tanjiro and the little girl got separated and the room was constantly changing while the camera was moving around like 360. This was needed after all the action-packed episodes. A little breather in between. The last few episodes were really great action wise so I am interested to see how these guys deal with this demon.

Question, bro. How do you feel about the management of CGI so far in this show? To me, personally, it still feels out of place at times, though not close to being actually bad.
Jun 15, 2019 10:56 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Zenitsu and Inosuke, the two best characters of this series. Glad that we're getting a continuous two-cour series, which will allow for more screen time of these characters.
Jun 15, 2019 11:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm loving this series so far, but I really dislike the new character. Yes, a bit of comic relief is necessary in a bleak and violent story sometimes, but he's just too damned loud. I'm surprised so many people find him hilarious. I didn't break a smile at his antics once.

Different tastes for different people and all that I suppose. I just hope he gets some much needed development or his screen time is reduced to a minimum if that is not the case.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 15, 2019 11:10 AM

May 2015
This was annoying as fuck! Too much unnecessary humour and screaming. And that's right after the two episodes I really disliked.

Tempted to drop at this point. I heard there's supposed to be a better arc later on and cool characters, but if it's anything like this episode, I don't care.
Jun 15, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2017
WHAT LE FUCK?! what a cruel place to end the ep! I was so excited to see Inosuke but i guess it will have to wait until next week!

I'm so hyped that Zenitsu has arrived because he is hilarious! I'm not gonna lie; he's exactly how i would be if i had to slay demons haha
Jun 15, 2019 11:50 AM

Oct 2017
Zenitsu is a comical character i guess. Also the boar guy looks like he is gonna be a nice character.
Jun 15, 2019 11:59 AM

Dec 2013
Zenitsu is definitely the most annoying character I've seen in a long time.
So.. what? Is this a comedy show now?

Jun 15, 2019 12:23 PM
Apr 2019
What a boring episode, and the blonde hair kid is the most annoying character I have ever seen.
Jun 15, 2019 12:25 PM

Jun 2015
Kryki said:
Zenitsu is definitely the most annoying character I've seen in a long time.
So.. what? Is this a comedy show now?

Yeah, it's totally a comedy now with just one episode shifting the tone compared to the other ones, go drop the anime now.
Jun 15, 2019 1:02 PM

Jan 2008
Was expecting the reception towards to Zenitsu to mostly be negative, which it definitely seems by comments. Not a fan of himself but the face Tanjirou made at him in the beginning was pretty hilarious.

And in comes Kirito dual wielding.
Jun 15, 2019 1:05 PM

Aug 2008
lol,i said above ...but he is not bad..yes is more dramatical, but is cool as a character when becomes serios
ilike him...made me laugh and put me in a good mood
The spider is watching
Jun 15, 2019 1:22 PM

Sep 2017
I liked this episode a bit less than the past few we've gotten, but there was still some good stuff in here. Zenitsu is a hit or miss character for me. At some points, he was really funny, but he also quickly got old. I'm seeing some comments suggest his character will grow over the course of the series (to be expected), which I'm all for, but that doesn't really excuse how over the top his character is right now. I'm sure his character is fine for some people, he just didn't work too well with me. The pitiful face Tanjiro gave him was hilarious though. Tanjiro can also apparently speak bird now? How did Zenitsu know where to go this entire time if he couldn't understand what his sparrow was saying? I think the house changing is a really cool demon ability. This pig guy looks interesting...
Jun 15, 2019 1:22 PM

Feb 2018
Some moments were really funny , unfortunately few moments felt really annoying and out of place , decent episode overall .
Jun 15, 2019 1:31 PM
Supporter

Nov 2018
I think Zenitsu (at this point as a character) got a little too much screen time for my taste. It was funny for like 30 seconds, and then he just got annoying and it made the episode's pacing feel slightly obnoxiously slow. Still a great episode.
Jun 15, 2019 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
"people who already hate the series will attack zenitsu for being annoying"

well sorry i was loving the series till now and through this episode i actually thought about dropping it LOL let's hope he gets a little better later

this reminds me of Nino,
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 15, 2019 1:56 PM
Jul 2016
Zenitsu was cool for 30seconds but then it made me skip through the 15mins of repeated screaming and use of humour. Obnoxious intro episode but the rooms changing was eye candy
Jun 15, 2019 2:11 PM

May 2018
Poor Zenitsu, a very unlucky guy, oh there is another demon hunter with the boar head....
Jun 15, 2019 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
I won't lie that I am thoroughly annoyed with the crying and yelling. Hopefully that calms down in the future.

Other than that their is a notion of people having "special blood" or whatever, so we'll see where they go with that.
Jun 15, 2019 2:17 PM

Feb 2013
Zenitsu is too pathetic but he's funny.
Jun 15, 2019 2:25 PM

Nov 2009
This episode pretty much epitomizes the main issue this show has been suffering from so far: mediocre execution all around. Not only is the comedy terribly unfunny but the timing couldn't have been more jarring especially considering the show tried to make us empathize with a character dying on screen just a few seconds ago (and this isn't even the first episode which suffers from this). It's like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood all over again (except FMA:B features characters that you actually care about and an ongoing plotline that's intriguing rather than being eye-rollingly dull).
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Bad animation? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - May 11

61 by Kyubey89 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2019

200 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

198 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

235 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

274 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.