Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2008 12:13 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wth... How was that ending? What a cliffhanger T_T
Also, Jun confesses to Noe and Shin goes to Noe. The incest scene was pretty intense but I'm glad Noe backs off.

Last episode next week! I think Hiromi's won.
radiantfireMar 22, 2008 12:17 PM
Mar 22, 2008 1:39 PM

Dec 2007
Wow... what an ending o_O I feel so bad for Noe.. and even for Jun ..
Well, we've seen Hiromi's ans Jun's "true tears".
I think it's a Noe ending
Mar 22, 2008 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
Since the second half of track 30 from the ost hasn't been used yet Hiromi wins, I'm serious.
Mar 22, 2008 5:00 PM

Jul 2007
Sad to say but Noe will win Shin's heart.

It would be

Noe and Shin ending unless Noe dies due to falling from the tree (reminds me of KANON all over again if it ever happens) without breaking her fall.

Jun stays away from Noe and start dating Hiromi (who also stays away from Shin)

Hiromi is obsessed with Shin this entire episode.

Since Shin is a good boy he would choose Noe at the end.

Mar 22, 2008 9:13 PM

Feb 2008
it looks like the director intends to go the typical korean drama way.
i feel sorry for both hiromi and noe
shin=idiot
Mar 23, 2008 6:06 AM

Jul 2007
meh this was lame, and makes no sense at all, after what happened at the end of ep 10..

anyway, Hiromi was totally <3 in the yukata
Mar 24, 2008 4:46 AM

Jun 2007
Is true tears become a incest anime???Hiromi like Shinichiro,Jun like
Noe?? lol..
Mar 24, 2008 5:23 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
How can you ask something like that. O_o;

Great episode, quite suspenseful. I can't wait for the last episode. I don't dislike Hiromi -she looked great indeed in that yukata- but I'm also rooting for a Shin x Noe ending.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 24, 2008 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
I've been a Shin x Noe fan since she first fell out of the tree :D (reason... attitude and short hair :D ) Would be very pissed to see a Hiromi x Shin ending... sry Hiromi addicts... that's my saying on the matter... btw... cliffhanger part => O.o was the expression on my face...
Mar 24, 2008 7:13 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa, what an ending O_o
Can't wait for the last episode (sucks we have to wait another week for it =/), hope we get an Hiromi X Shin ending. Btw, Hiromi in a yukata = Win.
Mar 24, 2008 7:19 AM
Sep 2007
damn, lately it's harder for me to decide which girl I like more in romance shows...
freedo-Mar 24, 2008 7:31 AM
Mar 24, 2008 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
The episode was pretty good, but I'm beginning to wonder if Hiromi has some sort of trauma. I mean, she "loved" him right from the start of the series, but even when she was alone (without Shin or his parents around), she kept saying that she liked tJun (in that episode that Shin heard about it).

Then from nowhere shes comes out, kisses him and tells the girl to backoff. For some reason it gives me the feeling of someone that is about to flick. Not like she's a bad person, tho.

As for Noe... not really sure how this will end up. I don't believe that they would kill her like that... but then I saw another series a couple of days ago and they killed one of the main girls —.—

I totally agree with christinemarie on the obsession part, lol. Who knows if they will twist the plot at the end... But Hiromi knows Shin since they were kids; then Noe has been nice with Shin almost in the whole story (while Hiromi just started being nice at the end).

*shrugs*

Oh, by the way, I think it was totally screwed up that Jun had feelings for her sister... Wouldn't that give some sort of shock to Noe after all she has been going thru? heheh.
Mar 24, 2008 9:40 AM

Oct 2007
She never liked Jun, she only said she liked #4 to her friend Tomoyo because she was bugging her about Shin. See how shocked she was when she realized Shin overheard her at the end of episode 3. Now she kept up the masquerade at the start of episode 4 because at they time she thought they were siblings and of course this lead to Shin going out with Noe for Hiromi's sake while Jun went out with Hiromi for Noe's sake.

Also Hiromi didn't just recently start to be nice to Shin, she was childhood friends with him as well as being in her class since elementary school. Shin comments that she was never like this before she moved into the house and how she use to be much more cheerful, he probably assumed she changed because of the death of her parents. What caused her ice maiden attitude towards Shin was the lie Shin's mother told her, she comments in episode 3 I have locked up my emotions (for Shin) since moving into this house, which she did because of Shin's mothers lie.

Also why are people surprised that Jun likes Noe? It should've been obvious from the scene in episode 1 or 2 where he wanted to lovingly caress her face after putting on her helmet. Everything he has done since than has been to benefit Noe since he knows he can't be with her in a relationship like that (didn't stop him in 2 but whatever, he reached braking point) so he wants to make her happy.
Mar 24, 2008 9:48 AM

Jul 2007
I saw the ending of that episode coming from miles away. Well, let's hope they'll use this cliffhanger well to make a proper ending.
I'm hoping for a Hiromi X Shin ending, never was a big fan of Noe X Shin.
Mar 24, 2008 10:16 AM
Aug 2007
And thus, This makes up for the disappointing last half of the series so far. The highlight being Noe jumping out of the tree. Hiromi end ftw.
Mar 24, 2008 10:27 AM

Oct 2007
Moody episode... Makes me wonder what will happening next more. I feel sorry for Hiromi though, she really loves Shin'chiro. About Jun... Well, lolicon. Nothing to be said about him. Noe... I feel really for you, even for Hiromi. To sound bad, I think she got some kind of psychological issues. (Sorry for Noe fans. <3)
Mar 24, 2008 10:58 AM

Jan 2008
Personally I still think they will be going the Hiromi x Shin route, even though I still like Noe. I just think that Shin would have had a different reaction to Hiromi when she admitted she told Noe to leave them alone. He looked a bit surprised when she said it, but not in a bad way.

Plus he mentioned how "her" eyes made him want to draw and while he didn't mention which girl he was referring to before he met Noe he was drawing Hiromi or at least thinking of her when he was drawing. It's true that he recent drawings/book was done for Noe but I am assuming he was referring to what got him to begin to draw. I could be wrong there but I just got the feeling he was referring to Hiromi.

Edit: I know he did draw her for sure, but I was just stating that he also drew other things and was most likely thinking of her when he drew those as well.
ScorchedMar 24, 2008 11:21 AM
Mar 24, 2008 11:02 AM

Oct 2007
Yes the drawing in the first scene was Hiromi, remember how embarassed he got when she was looking at it in.. 10. Also he wants to wipe away her tears and he will do that next episode when he commits to her finally.
Mar 24, 2008 11:07 AM

Dec 2007
I'm going to remain optimistic and say that I think we'll get a Hiromi ending after all. Noe will probably end up getting more focus in the last episode so that she gets her tears back, but I think Hiromi will win out. Shinichirou has to do things properly, and that includes showing Noe that book's ending.

There might be a thin line between optimism and denial though...
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Mar 24, 2008 11:15 AM

Oct 2007
WTF!

Those were the words that came out of my mouth, several times, during this episode. It was so tense the way through; love rivals, incest, suicide, etc. That is the biggest cliffhanger and that episode preview isn't useful at all. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2008 11:20 AM

Sep 2007
Wow that was like...fuck the what oO
That episode was so totally confusing...
Everything is still open...

What a huge Cliffhanger x,X

Mar 24, 2008 11:24 AM

Dec 2007
This is reminding more and more of the love triangle in "ef - a tale of memories"
connections?
Shin = Hirono
Hiromi = Kei
Noe = Miyako

Why do I make those connections? Both Shin and Hirono are artists who are half-hearted about a lot of things. Hiromi and Kei both act as a sisterly figure in the main guy's life, and both love their respective main guys, also, both are manipulative when it comes to keeping away the other girl. Oh, and both play basketball.
And of course Noe/Miyako. Both are outcasts that just happened to meet Shin/Hirono out of chance. Shin/Hirono initially found them to be annoying, but later fell in love with them. Finally both of them don't want to disappear from from Shin/Hirono's heart.

only difference is that Shin used to love Hiromi and it's unclear whether he still does.

If you haven't seen ef, then don't click the spoiler
Mar 24, 2008 11:38 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, who would have expected that sort of ending! The episode wasn't that great, but it's leading up to (hopefully) a great episode! I can't wait to find out who he chooses!
Mar 24, 2008 11:50 AM

Aug 2007
It was a good episode though. Seeing as there is snow on the ground I doubt Noe died or broken anything. It probably cushioned the impact a bit.

Indeed there was alot of scenes where I just wanted to say "WTF". Jun confessing was really inevitable to be honest but I'm glad Noe backed off. I'm also glad Shin finally realized his own feelings (finally).

I can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 24, 2008 11:59 AM
Jun 2007
Great episode. I'm still hoping for a Hiromi x Shin ending although i feel really bad for Noe.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2008 12:01 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I thought Noe was finally beginning to grow when she realized that she has not been considering anyone's feelings but her own. She never paid attention to her brother, or Shin, or Hiromi. She only thought of herself.

... and then she tries to fly out of the tree. What the heck?

I don't know if Shin loves Noe... or if he just sees her as a very dear person to him. Like someone on the last page said (sorry, too lazy to go back) he doesn't seem to think what Hiromi said to Noe was bad. But of course, this could have been because he was planning on going after her too.

The scene with Jun and Noe, in my opinion, was lovely. That was really the only way he could make her understand, I think. It sucks that the timing was bad, but it really wasn't his fault -- the call came from the printing company. Call me crazy, but I feel bad for the guy.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Noe isn't dead. Shin either dashed with superman speed and ended up under her, or she just hurt herself really bad. I can't see them killing her off. I find it interesting that we still can't tell the pairings at this point either. In a perfect world, I would think NoexJun (incest aside) and HiromixShin... just because I like everyone to have a happy ending xD
Mar 24, 2008 12:11 PM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
I don't dislike Hiromi -she looked great indeed in that yukata- but I'm also rooting for a Shin x Noe ending.

QFT!

wow i like these kinds of shows that just keep me guessing what happens next. yeah i hate cliffhangers, but i know they're there to make my wait for the next episode worth it. this ep is made of win. it sure had some boring parts and i really wanted to see what shinichiro would do for noe during his dance(the one he promised to do that only noe would know), but still, this ep is great.

and damn jun was scary with all his siscon. he goes down with da capo's junichi(coincidence? hmmm) as siscons to be hated. ugh
Mar 24, 2008 12:18 PM

Oct 2007
XD OMG what a cliffhanger!!

I thought she was more likely to slip but jumping 0___0 and Jun finally showed his feelings for Noe, I still really dont like Hiromi T_T im still going for Noe X Shin XD

Kineta said:

The scene with Jun and Noe, in my opinion, was lovely. That was really the only way he could make her understand, I think. It sucks that the timing was bad, but it really wasn't his fault -- the call came from the printing company. Call me crazy, but I feel bad for the guy.

I totally agree as well during that scene!

Looking forward to the last episode :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2008 12:27 PM

Aug 2007
True Tears.... man what can i say. This is just an awesome anime. Hiromi wants to fight while Noe wants to run. I just love this anime's cliffhangers. Keeps you wanting more. I think that Noe wins Shin's heart but there's Hiromi's missing slipper again. Man I wonder what kind of ending this is going to have.
Mar 24, 2008 12:58 PM

Aug 2007
interesting turn. everyone was thinking it would go back to Shin x Hiromi but it's a toss up right now. Looks like it's going to be Shin x Noe. Damn slippery tree.
Mar 24, 2008 12:59 PM

Apr 2007
noe x shin fan here
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 24, 2008 1:33 PM

Jan 2007
loved the episode. it made the final pairing more ambiguous, thus giving the NoexShin paring a better chance. But I gotta say, Hiromi was hot in that yukata. While I don't think anything serious happened with the tree leap, still a shocker for me.
Mar 24, 2008 1:36 PM

Oct 2007
personally I thought the JunxNoe scene was completely unecessary. I really didn't need to see the guy get defeated in love on two fronts. It also was kind of awkward to have Jun look at Noe through truly incestuous intent. I still think that the series hasnt fully recovered from the mountain that was episode 7. Each of the girls are acting selfish as Noe has been running away from Shin and her issues for about two episodes and Hiromi has gotten greedy with everything after they found out they weren't half siblings. Big minus points for the female characters which is sad. Its also kinda weird that Shin walked away from his girlfriend after she almost threw a chicken in the sea. At this point it seems like Shin is chasing after the girls he can't get. Every girl that has kissed him has been on the losing side of things.

Still a good show, I just don't see these new revelations as anything that has benefitted the show. Either way all of these events can lead to a huge finale, at least thats what I'm hoping for.
Mar 24, 2008 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
after all the commotions

ai-chan appears and steals shin @ the end XD (LOL if that happen im going to commit suicide XD)
Mar 24, 2008 2:38 PM

Aug 2007
Haha I'm amazed at the amount of idiocy Shin is capable of! I guess having the attention span of a chicken won't help him with his love life...

Major props to how the story is being told. Usually by now the main pairings are already set in stone, but we are still left to keep on guessing due to the main lead's stupidity.

Also have Noe jumping off of a tree...I would have died laughing if they were playing "I believe I can fly" xD

And go incest ending go, but it looks like Jun gave up on Noe...Nooooo!!! don't do it!!!

I'm seriously hoping that True Tears deliver one hell of a spectacular ending. H2O and Rental Magica delivered subpar endings thus far...so I'm hoping TT delivers!
Mar 24, 2008 3:03 PM

Jul 2007
-is still hoping for the Noe x Shin ending-

When Hiromi told Noe to back off, I was like: .... uhm, wtf! Seriously, Hiromi went a bit to far when she said that. Just because Shin said he was going to do things properly, didn't mean that they were for you. At least wait until he actually chooses.

Noe jumping out of the tree was a big shocker for me, facial expression:
='O I'm happy Jun finally confessed to Noe, it was a sad but lovely scene for me. Gosh, I just love Jun <3 Probably one of the few that actually do xD

Can't wait for the final episode!!! >_< Noe x Shin ftw~!
Mar 24, 2008 3:12 PM

Aug 2007
Well the only one who hasn't kissed Shin so far is Noe (and Jun..but...anyways)..so does that mean..an epic ending?
Mar 24, 2008 3:32 PM

Sep 2007
i just hope, that nothing happened to noe. it would be such a pity to lose her this way. judging from the look in shin'ichiros eyes during the dance, he'll choose noe. he has to choose her!
Mar 24, 2008 3:37 PM

Nov 2007
the incest is really annoying and kinda ruining the show for me. jun really does need to fuck off. hiromi also needs to go away, the 2 deserve each other.
Mar 24, 2008 3:38 PM

Dec 2007
Noe seems like she's going a little coo coo.
Shin hasn't done anything properly even though he said he would.
Hiromi seems obsessed with the shin from her childhood.

I love hiromi but i think there were enough childhood friends turn lovers this season.
We could do without one more.
Mar 24, 2008 3:53 PM

Oct 2007
To the comments that thinks Hiromi is out of place for saying back off to Noe...she's doing what Noe should have done to her. Seriously, if there is someone after your guy that you are now dating (supposedly if he isn't a two timing SOB) then you have every right to say...back off. Now you can't say kill a friendship but you can say don't try to go after him as a love interest. Her reasonings are just. Shin loves(d) her and she loves Shin. They finally got everything out in the open like she said. Noe admits that she didn't see this with her eyes. She should not be a love interest anymore. When Hiromi told Shin that I was expecting a different reaction but he said wasn't mad. So judging from his reaction what she said wasn't entirely wrong if at all.

That said, Shin still has to see Noe to set everything straight. For the last two episodes he's been going on and on about this. It's actually kind of pissing me off. His indecisiveness is making me like him less as a character. He is hurting both girls in the process. What pisses me off more is that he still hasn't officially broken up with Noe even though at this point I can see both of them not wanting to continue a relationship like that. (However, that's not to say a NoexShin ending can't happen yet. As much as I am a Hiromi fan I can't see a clear cut winner yet.) Last week because of his actions I was going to rate it an okay episode but I decided not to since the writers are being devious. This week I can't be so generous. Shin's actions are bringing down the show a little. I will need an ending full of resolution to bring this back up. I want everyone happy! Come on writers, redeem Shin's actions for the past 2 episodes.

Poor Hiromi. Life does not cut her a break when it comes to romance. It is one obstacle after another. Will she ever stop crying? Cut her a break writers.

Speaking of happy...Noe needs some serious help. I feel sorry for the girl. That death has really stunted her personality severely. I want to see the old Noe, the one before the death. I want to see that real Noe and not this shell that is walking around. Let her cry! Writers set Noe free!

Jun is Jun. He's a lolicon until the end but at least now maybe he will be set free from his curse as well. Writers make Jun go to school and get the heck away from Noe.

The couple for the year in this show is Ai and Miyo! They had their drama and now the world is all merry! It's nice to see some stability now in a world of chaos.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Mar 24, 2008 3:56 PM

Sep 2007
Only one chapter more~ T.T

ShinXNoe FTW! ♥~

Mar 24, 2008 3:57 PM

Sep 2007
WUT!

Was my reaction to Noe's flying leap out of the tree. I knew there was gonna be a cliffhanger but I wasn't expecting it to be so...sudden.

I still want my Noe x Shin ending =(
Mar 24, 2008 4:03 PM

Oct 2007
I still say Noe can't really hook up with anyone yet. She needs to fix herself before she can date. Seriously. She's got some emotional problems. That kind of instability is not good in a relationship.

Mar 24, 2008 5:45 PM

Dec 2007
That loud thump at the end kind of scared me.

Can't wait for the last episode! >_<
Mar 24, 2008 5:49 PM

Apr 2007
lilgumba said:
I still say Noe can't really hook up with anyone yet. She needs to fix herself before she can date. Seriously. She's got some emotional problems. That kind of instability is not good in a relationship.

Yes, that applies to her and her brother. Both of them are pretty damaged and need help. x_x

But even as Hiromi-fan I must say she didn't do much good in this episode and acts a little too confident... Calling Shin her boyfriend?! o_O I hope for a ShinxHiromi end, but this is not the end yet and I don't think of them as a "proper" couple yet.

The "incest scene" was nice. I don't know why people are so allergic against "abnormal" love. I don't understand how Jun can love Noe (since she is too childish to be loved in a romantic way imo) but if he does, well he can't help it so leave him alone. He is at least trying his best to control his feelings. He didn't rape her or anything. >_>
I suspected him to love her the romantic way from very early on but I admit that over the time my suspicion faded abit and I thought he is maybe really just overprotective. That's why I really liked the kissing scene cause now it's really undeniable. I like it when anime deal with risky topics like incest in a serious way.

Overall this episode wasn't that great. It was just stretching the story and leaving us with a cliffhanger. I doubt Noe tried suicide, either she really thought she can fly or she just slipped. I also doubt she dies. She has probably in the worst case a broken leg or something.
Mar 24, 2008 5:52 PM
Jan 2008
Hiromi gone overboard a little. Noe gone overboard more.. but can't really blame her the happy life that she was starting to get went crashing because of Jun, Hiromi and Shin. Her love life got taken by Hiromi. Jun scared her. Shin broke her heart. The only way i think Noe is going to get her tears is by Shin telling her that he loves her only now. thats how i see where she can get her tears from (maybe). This anime is like one of the best drama anime this season.
Mar 24, 2008 6:06 PM
Mar 2008
It better not be a school days ending.
Mar 24, 2008 6:34 PM

Oct 2007
Oh for the love of Bob it will not be a School Days ending. Even the School Days Valentine Days didn't have a School Days ending so how can this one? -_-

I don't think Noe is going to die either. Didn't she fall on her butt before on the same tree? Shin or no Shin, the fall is survivable.

Why did I just get the feeling that Noe's issue will be solved first then Hiromi's? When Shin gets back Hiromi will be left.

Mar 24, 2008 7:21 PM

Jan 2008
Has to be Shin X Noe or I'm going to write angry letters and never send them u_u. In short, I'll cry 'til my eyes bleed.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.