Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2018 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I don't blame Gil for being pissed at Hendrickson especially after what happened.

This episode is very important as it highlights the past of both Hendrickson and Dreyfus' past. It also gave short glimpses of Meliodas' past which is very important. Not surprised at all that Meliodas survived with the others (poor Merlin though, she's still in stone form) Gowther and his illusionary tricks lol. (this was kinda hinted in the previous episode)

The power level stuff didn't really add up to much sense this episode. They don't know the exact power levels of the other Commandments. Not to mention, Galand was not fighting at full power at the time (he hasn't even recovered his magic yet) so they have a LOT to worry about.
Stark700Feb 16, 2018 1:58 PM
Feb 16, 2018 2:33 PM
Aug 2008
Nothing matters because it's too bright. The best player is coming.
Praise the motherf*cking sun!

Wojtini21Feb 16, 2018 2:46 PM
Feb 16, 2018 3:21 PM

Nov 2007
I thought Mamo's character's the one who would be mad at him, but nice decision to take care of the enemy first by working first (it was instead Kimura-san's character who got mad immediately for killing his father).

It was nice to see background story why he went evil, from a mission to search about the demon, who held control of them. So that demon was the one who killed that lady in KajiKaji's character, in result defeated it.

Everyone even Sakamoto-san's character who got stoned is safe. lol @ KajiKaji's character touching the princess's breast while serious talk starts. That pink hair guy wanted to run away, but Sakamoto-san's character, who moved her conscious to her weapon, put that bracelet to control his berserk.

Every enemy is overpowered by them... The princess's power cannot be excluded if full awakened, as well as searching for very last member of sin.

It seems like titan girl lost her memory from the fight last ep.

About reviving her memory after joining the group next.
tsubasaloverFeb 16, 2018 3:28 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 16, 2018 9:11 PM

Feb 2018
So, this episode cover Chapter 123,124 and 125. With this pace i think this season will end at Chapter 196, so they can begin new season with chapter 197 and it makes sense to begin with that.

After this episode i realize that all events at previous episode (galan stabbed meliodas head, diane shoulder, and stomped merlin stoned head) was Gowther rewrite memory. when read manga i think gowther used his power after Galan tried to destroy perfect cube.
Feb 17, 2018 2:22 AM
Oct 2015
Looks like it isn't Hendrickson nor it's Dreyfus fault for that particular incident, also our one and the only hero is arriving soon.
It appears we're going to have to Praise the SUN! soon...
Heckle was here...
Feb 17, 2018 6:39 AM

Dec 2013
Nice to have some backstory with Hendrickson/Dreyfus.

So much power level stuff that I didn’t care for but I’m still looking forward to the inevitable training arc.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Feb 17, 2018 7:22 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

We finally get the backstory behind Henderickson and Dreyfus falling into the hands of the demon clan. Respect for Dreyfus for having sacrificed himself.

So Fraudrin is the one who killed Liz. :(

So Merlin escaped with her treasure, knew she would've had something up her sleep.
Still not sure how I feel about the use of explicit numbers for power levels.

Nooo! Are they really pulling the amnesia card on Diane again? :(

Can't wait to see what the last member of the Nanatsu no Taizai is like.
Feb 17, 2018 7:58 AM

Sep 2014
This might be the best episode so far, but it was also pretty hard to f*ck up. It was slightly lacking in the art department where Hendrickson looked a bit goofy in a few shots, but otherwise alright in terms of adapting the manga
Feb 17, 2018 8:08 AM

Oct 2017
Good episode. I’m glad they paced it well. Some scenes looked weird though.
I wasn’t expecting fraudrin to sound like that when he’s not possessing Dreyfus. It sounds weird.

Diane’s backstory incoming!
Feb 17, 2018 8:21 AM

Feb 2013
They need to power up, I always love training arcs.
Lol, Diane lost her memories again?
Feb 17, 2018 8:43 AM
Apr 2014
Escanor hype.
Despite doing a lot of nonsense, Gowther saves the day with his memory altering magic against Galand.
Oh no it's the Diane amnesia subplot.
Feb 17, 2018 9:23 AM

Jul 2013
This series sure loves to make King suffer. His chain of misfortune has been so long that it looks like black comedy at this point. Looking forward to Diane's backstory

We also get to know the even who explained why Hendrickson and Dreyfus were evil in the first season, and that the demon Fraudrin was the cause of the death of Meliodas's past lover.
I somehow knew that when they announced Katsuyuki Konishi as Fraudrin's voice actor, it was because he was possesing Dreyfus's body and he would have his own voice when his true self would appear in the flashback, but, damn, it sounds better of what I expected.

Meanwhile, it's time for a power up arc!
Escanor hype is also raising...
Feb 17, 2018 9:25 AM

Dec 2015
Now that's just nasty, she lost her memory again ://
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 17, 2018 10:05 AM

May 2017
G_Spark233 said:

So much power level stuff that I didn’t care for but I’m still looking forward to the inevitable training arc.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GOOD, I hope Dianne x King never ever happens coz that ship sucks ass
Feb 17, 2018 10:08 AM
Nov 2017
Some nice backstory this ep. Adding some details to Dryfus and Hendricksons motives. And what they were like before it happened. Got to see some Meliodas backstory too. Merlin summing up the fact that the Ten are way over 10x stronger really makes me hope we get a nice power creep and not "boom we did some training now we are stronger".
Feb 17, 2018 10:20 AM

Jan 2016
Nice backstory, it explains a bit more why they acted the way they did :P

Wow, seriously Diane? xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 17, 2018 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
Now we know the truth behind Zaratras' death and why the Sins were exiled. Fraudrin was not only at the center of that, but was also the cause of Liz's death all those years ago.

Fuuuuuuck, it's the Diane amnesia subplot. Maybe it won't be as bad in anime form since they adapt multiple chapters per episode, compared to reading it one chapter per week.

Also, it's almost time to PRAISE THE SUN!!! My boy Escanor is gonna blow everyone away with his badassery.

And one more thing, it should probably be pointed out that when Merlin was explaining the power level difference, they, for whatever reason, cut out a part where she also adds the PLs of Slader, Gil, Howzer, Griamore, and all other Holy Knights in the kingdom. That increased their side's PL from 21,840 to over 150,000. Still weaker than the 10Cs, but the difference isn't as great.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 17, 2018 1:01 PM
Dec 2017
Well, this episode was one of the worse ones. The part with the 4 knights against the grey demon was too short, I mean that fight at the end of season 1, everybody against hendrickson, was so close, and now this. His and Dreyfus backstory was a bit stretched and sometimes even boring. The part at the end with meliodas and the power levels was pretty good, still too short. And now seing them power up seems kinda strange knowing the commandments have almost ten times higher levels as theirs.
Over all, a weaker episodes than the majority nnt has to offer. 2/5.
Feb 17, 2018 1:46 PM

Dec 2013
TsundeReaper said:
G_Spark233 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Even with this delay it’s still obviously inevitable.
Feb 17, 2018 1:56 PM
Aug 2015
Poor King, Diane Just remembered how she felt about him..
Feb 17, 2018 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was pretty good. The ending... Oh dear... XP
Feb 17, 2018 4:19 PM

Jan 2017
I liked this episode. I never loved it.
My primary dislike about this episode is that it went out of its way to virtually make Hendrickson and Dreyfus blamelessfor their last... As a result they don't have a driving force for atonement and it makes it lose the gravity of the situation

How do you manage to fricking blush, please tell me?
Feb 17, 2018 6:04 PM

Jul 2016
Well, this episode does reveal some past key fact as to why Hendrickson and Dreyfus even killed Zaratras. It's good that Merlin isn't completely gone either. Putting her soul into her sacred treasure is better than randomly having her or someone else purge the stone.

I'm still waiting to find out how the journey Gilthinder, Howzer, and Griamore will turn out in the end.

Diane losing her memory was a weird plot twist.

Feb 17, 2018 7:44 PM

May 2015
I have mix feelings about the redemption of Hendrickson & Dreyfus(?) and the explanation behind the killing of Gilthunder's dad, I understand the purpose of it however I feel like is a cop out about their decision to kill him (what we have been told so far until know) thus making Hendrickson & Dreyfus(?) redemption hollow in my eyes, technically they were not the ones who did it(?)
Feb 17, 2018 8:47 PM

Jan 2016
It seems a very cliche backstory for Hendrickson and Dreyfus. It needs more believable backstory than this. Moreover, the inevitable power boost is coming... :'(
Feb 17, 2018 8:54 PM

Jan 2017
I'm really interested in seeing the powerups coming in the near future

Feb 17, 2018 9:00 PM
Nov 2017
tambi33 said:
How do you manage to fricking blush, please tell me?

Anime magic letting his blushing show through his mask, plus Slader is canonically gay (from author's Q&A).
Feb 17, 2018 9:02 PM

May 2017
G_Spark233 said:
TsundeReaper said:

Even with this delay it’s still obviously inevitable.

I know, but I just really hate that ship
Feb 17, 2018 9:34 PM
Jan 2018
After the recent Chapter, one can understand why Merlin hypes Arthur so mucb.
Feb 18, 2018 4:02 AM
Apr 2016
One thing not crystal clear to me: What happened between them being possessed and leaving the crater? First demon possesses Dreyfus, failed, goes to posses Hendrickson to blackmail Dreyfus, and then Dreyfus gives in to the demon who in turn promises the safety of Hendrickson?
Re:formed
Feb 18, 2018 6:33 AM

Oct 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
One thing not crystal clear to me: What happened between them being possessed and leaving the crater? First demon possesses Dreyfus, failed, goes to posses Hendrickson to blackmail Dreyfus, and then Dreyfus gives in to the demon who in turn promises the safety of Hendrickson?

Yes. Dreyfus gave up control of his body for Hendrickson’s safety.
Feb 18, 2018 9:40 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was kinda cheating how they made it seem like the Sins were owned by Galland, but at least there are some consequences evident: Merlin has no body now and Diane has apparently lost her memory. Still, it feels like they got off reasonably scot-free this time, which is unfortunate. Also, the backstory between Hendrickson and Dreyfus does explain a few things, but it feels like there's still more being kept from us on that front really.
Feb 18, 2018 5:16 PM

May 2014
Seeing Dreyfus and Hendrickson's past makes more sense to the first season and Hendrickson and Dreyfus's action. It's was a bad idea to let that demon posses him. I think he lost more than what he would loose by letting Hendrickson being possessed.

Meliodas is perv as always. I shocked that he isn't in bed after being injured so much. He got stabbed and his face got smashed. He should be in bed even with anime logic. But hey, anime logic surprises you even more day by day.

Diane having memory loss is no shock. Ofc the mangaka had to take that move. That's how you make the arc longer. ^^ But I am really excited to see the last person in the group, Escanor. What makes me wonder is why didn't they call for him in the first season when they were in deep shit. I know it's for the excitement, but this doesn't make any logical sense. I am also curious about the other commanders. The black hair dude must really be strong.
Feb 18, 2018 9:07 PM

Nov 2013
Is it just me or did the animation and art suddenly get super sloppy . We aren't even halfway through the season common ...
Feb 19, 2018 4:18 AM

Sep 2011
Amnosia strikes again. Truly the darkest disease of any age.
Feb 19, 2018 5:21 AM
Jun 2017
the episode is nice, it shows the history of Dreyfus and Hendrickson and on how Dreyfus was possessed by demons, and i love how Merlin has presented the power level of Meliodas and gang...

* ohh its just a sad one when king has able to finally see diane again when she forgets everything ...

* and now the 7th member (escanor) is to finally appear on this series...

cant wait for next one..
Feb 19, 2018 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
Afffffff not again... I can't believe Diane lost her memories once more. xD Unlucky timing.

On another note at last the final SDS member is about to show up!!! Hype!!!
Feb 19, 2018 6:39 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty good episode again with some focus on reviewing the situation.

Definitely looking forward to the upcoming events.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 19, 2018 11:38 AM
Nov 2014
I haven't read the Manga, but it's so uninteresting the Diane's amnesia subplot. It's boring and it's ridiculous. Instead of dragging an inevitable romance (hey author, if you didn't want a romance between them, yo shouldn't have created it), the author could've progressed their relationship which makes it more interesting to the general story. Some examples:

-As a couple, they could battle together and have some kick ass combos.
-Change of dynamics in the group
-She would basically be the queen of the fairy forest

The power levels takes away the mystery of the characters. We knew Meriodas was freaking strong and now we know Garland and the rest are fcking beasts. They didn't need to tell us the difference in levels exactly. Also, in battle, there's more than just raw power, but it seems that the author doesn't care much more than sticking to numbers.

P.S. I don't want any spoilers.
Feb 19, 2018 12:00 PM

Apr 2014
OMG of course she loses her memory, but hopefully she gets them back quickly cause i was looking forward to her and king seeing each other again

hopefully next ep she get's them back
"one step at a time"
Feb 19, 2018 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
Wojtini21 said:
Nothing matters because it's too bright. The best player is coming.
Praise the motherf*cking sun!

I'm so ready to praise the Sun! :D
Feb 19, 2018 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
ade-pewe said:
So, this episode cover Chapter 123,124 and 125. With this pace i think this season will end at Chapter 196, so they can begin new season with chapter 197 and it makes sense to begin with that.

After this episode i realize that all events at previous episode (galan stabbed meliodas head, diane shoulder, and stomped merlin stoned head) was Gowther rewrite memory. when read manga i think gowther used his power after Galan tried to destroy perfect cube.

You really think they'll get that far? I figured they'd only get to 177 or so. Nice cliffhanger ending.
Feb 19, 2018 9:31 PM

Dec 2013
*Squeeze* *squeeze*

<3 elizabeth
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Feb 20, 2018 6:06 AM
Apr 2017
Lets hope we can see Escanor by ep8
Feb 20, 2018 3:50 PM

May 2015
AND DIANNE LOST HER MEMORIES...AGAIN!

Also not big fan of this power levels. I feel that show would be better without them.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 21, 2018 6:45 AM

Oct 2008
Another satisfying great episode!
A lot of Revelations and truth of what happened past 10 years has been revealed!
So 10 years ago, Hendrickson & Dreyfus wandered around on what's deep below that huge hole and encountered a Demon from demon clan. Then possessed both of them. Well, what actually happened was the Demon wasn't able to forcefully possess him because of his strong will but then the demon possessed another one which is Hendrickson and it looks like he could not counteract it, Dreyfus has fallen also into the possession of that Demon.
And what's more, that Demon is the one who killed the lover of Meliodas! And that Demon name was "Fraudrin"
Here we go again with the boob groping!
So Gowther assisted on the fight against Galand!
Merlin is still alive of course!
So Hawk's power level is 3000 no just 30 LOLZ!
so damn! if all Ten Commandments have their magic in full condition it would be more than 300,000+ !
ALRIGHT! he has been mentioned! Lion's Sin of Price, Escanor!!! the final member of nanatsu no taizai!!!
King also arrived! but oh man! we have big trouble cuz Diane couldn't even recognize King!
5/5.

Feb 21, 2018 6:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Gowther created a great illusion, but the Merlin ended in a "ball"!!!!
Well, it just a new start!!!! kekeke
Feb 21, 2018 7:41 AM
Oct 2007
Dryfus and Hendricksons getting possessed by the demon seems way too easy for the plot convenience.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2018 12:55 AM

Oct 2015
Bowman145 said:
Good episode. I’m glad they paced it well. Some scenes looked weird though.
I wasn’t expecting fraudrin to sound like that when he’s not possessing Dreyfus. It sounds weird.

Diane’s backstory incoming!
Diane's backstory incoming? Again?
Feb 22, 2018 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
I THOUGHT: YASSS FINALLY KING AND DIANE WILL KNOW HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT EACH OTHER, BUTTTT WHYYYYYYYYYYY SHE NO MEMORY ANYMOREEE T_T
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

24 by modboy »»
May 26, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.