Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 21, 2017 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, about time Jack the Ripper gets more screen time and she returns in a violent way :O

Sieg's feeling the negative effects this episode and it's not surprising. I think it was inevitable that his body wouldn't be the same again. Jack the Ripper's role this episode gave me the chills. Literally a predator stalking her prey.
Oct 21, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2011
Animation peaked and Jack better finally help out with Fake Saber.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Oct 21, 2017 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, Chiron looked very cool in that suit.
Oct 21, 2017 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
A really enjoyable episode.
For a moment I thought that Caules was going to die for the pain, that was crazy.
I was wondering why Fiore didn't use a command seal to call Chiron, was it because of the bounded field? or maybe because reasons?
It looks like Sieg can't keep up with a servant, at least at this moment.
So what's Jack's goal?

I loving the ending more and more.
Oct 21, 2017 5:02 PM

Feb 2016
neku963 said:
For a moment I thought that Caules was going to die for the pain, that was crazy.
I was wondering why Fiore didn't use a command seal to call Chiron, was it because of the bounded field? or maybe because reasons?

well, maybe she didn't want to waste a command spell, which can be really useful on battle (like releasing a Hougu)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2017 5:25 PM
Oct 2017
HereticHunter said:
neku963 said:

well, maybe she didn't want to waste a command spell, which can be really useful on battle (like releasing a Hougu)

I had the same question. I read an online comment and it said that it was absolutely possible to use command seal to call her servant, but the toxic mist in the castle had impact on her nerve or mentality so that she did not even think of using it. It sounds reasonable.
Oct 22, 2017 1:35 AM

Sep 2014
neku963 said:

She was scared and focusing more on escaping, so she kinda forgot that she could actually call Chiron. Keep in mind that Fiore isn't very battle-experienced(this being her 2nd instance of actually fighting herself), so it's very easy for her to make a mistake and forget things. The fumes may have also contributed, but the LN says it's because of fear.
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 22, 2017 5:32 AM

Feb 2015
mira-pyon said:
neku963 said:

She was scared and focusing more on escaping, so she kinda forgot that she could actually call Chiron. Keep in mind that Fiore isn't very battle-experienced(this being her 2nd instance of actually fighting herself), so it's very easy for her to make a mistake and forget things. The fumes may have also contributed, but the LN says it's because of fear.

That makes sense.
Oct 22, 2017 7:30 AM

Sep 2015
Can't ruler use her command spell to help her? why nobody tell her to use your command spell???
Into the Internet!
Oct 22, 2017 9:14 AM

Aug 2014
ZBlastHistory said:
Can't ruler use her command spell to help her? why nobody tell her to use your command spell???

How the hell could a command spell from Ruler help a Master far away? No, seriously, I don't get what you think Ruler could do to Fiore with a command spell.

Also, Fiore not using a command spell was discussed for most of the entire thread before you posted. You could've at least read a couple of comments to see if your doubts were already answered.
Oct 22, 2017 10:00 AM

Sep 2015
LeloTheUnamused said:
ZBlastHistory said:

How the hell could a command spell from Ruler help a Master far away? No, seriously, I don't get what you think Ruler could do to Fiore with a command spell.

Also, Fiore not using a command spell was discussed for most of the entire thread before you posted. You could've at least read a couple of comments to see if your doubts were already answered.

Can Ruler command them with "go back to your master now" or something?

I know she too scared/forgot but why nobody tell her to summon her servant first before she got scared because RUN NOW YOU WILL GET KILLED out of nowhere.
Into the Internet!
Oct 22, 2017 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
ZBlastHistory said:

I know she too scared/forgot but why nobody tell her to summon her servant first before she got scared because RUN NOW YOU WILL GET KILLED out of nowhere.

Well CS aren't really the first thing they're gonna think of. Moreover, they're very important resources so, even if they considered them, they most likely kept them to use as a final resort.
mira-pyonOct 22, 2017 1:37 PM
Oct 22, 2017 1:58 PM
Mar 2014
ZBlastHistory said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

Ruler acts as a neutral person and thus would not use a command seal to prevent Jack from killing a master. Thats just how the holy grail wars work. Now if jack was like, doing NOTHING but killing people outside of the war and in large quantities, then yes Ruler would have to step in and put her down or take her out
Oct 22, 2017 5:31 PM

Apr 2015
Ironic that the theme this week is "why Ruler didn't used a command spell to help Fiore"
when last week one was "Why the heck Ruler is taking part on stopping everything that can almost destroy the whole humanity"

Good episode, I'm glad they added that Jacket to Jack ( hehe ) she looks way better like that.
Although it felt a bit incomplete? Maybe because I expected more of Jack. But I guess the next week will be more action. Also I really want to know about her "mommy"
VeromayeOct 22, 2017 9:58 PM
Oct 22, 2017 7:21 PM

Mar 2007
Has this stupid grail actually granted a wish?
Oct 22, 2017 7:37 PM

Feb 2015
Veromaye said:
Ironic that the theme this week is "why Ruler didn't used a command seal to help Fiore"
when last week one was "Why the heck Ruler is taking part on stopping everything that can almost destroy the whole humanity"

Lol

It's kinda funny.

wjxxhulka66n6 said:

I believe that the grail is only an unlimited source of mana, not a literal wish machine, if I'm not mistaken. (At least, those were Gil-kun's words, please correct me if I'm wrong)
neku963Oct 22, 2017 7:48 PM
Oct 22, 2017 11:57 PM

Sep 2014
wjxxhulka66n6 said:

Yes, it has.

@neku963

You're right in saying it's an unlimited source of mana, but it is a wish machine as a result of that. As a result of both having all the mana it would ever need for an action and the power of the Root, it can definitely grant wishes, but it's still a ball of prana with no will so it can only grant very clear wishes which the wisher has already thought of a method for. Amakusa already has a 'method' of saving the world - he just needs the power. Which is why he's so confident about it.
Oct 23, 2017 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
She was moving in a straight line while only pushing one wheel of her chair... Fucking witchcraft.
Oct 23, 2017 3:32 AM

Mar 2007
mira-pyon said:
wjxxhulka66n6 said:

Yes, it has.

@neku963

You're right in saying it's an unlimited source of mana, but it is a wish machine as a result of that. As a result of both having all the mana it would ever need for an action and the power of the Root, it can definitely grant wishes, but it's still a ball of prana with no will so it can only grant very clear wishes which the wisher has already thought of a method for. Amakusa already has a 'method' of saving the world - he just needs the power. Which is why he's so confident about it.
mira-pyon said:
wjxxhulka66n6 said:

Yes, it has.

@neku963

What wish has it granted and in what series?
Oct 23, 2017 3:54 AM

Sep 2014
wjxxhulka66n6 said:

I'm sure there're others, but the one off the top of my head is a mega huge FGO(Fate/Grand Order) spoiler. Are you sure you want to know?
Oct 23, 2017 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
wjxxhulka66n6 said:

He's Bazet's servent in Hollow Ataraxia.
Oct 23, 2017 6:29 AM

Mar 2007
mira-pyon said:
wjxxhulka66n6 said:

I'm sure there're others, but the one off the top of my head is a mega huge FGO(Fate/Grand Order) spoiler. Are you sure you want to know?

Sure.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Oct 23, 2017 6:55 AM

Sep 2014
wjxxhulka66n6 said:
mira-pyon said:

Sure.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well
Oct 23, 2017 8:49 AM

Feb 2015
Jack's VA was on point in this episode.Can't believe she is the VA of that annoying Nero as well.
Oct 23, 2017 7:35 PM

Apr 2015
laidellent said:
Jack's VA was on point in this episode.Can't believe she is the VA of that annoying Nero as well.

Are you implying our emperor has an annoying voice? >:(

Jokes aside, she sounds exactly like her VA, but she just doesn't have high pitched voice or speak aggressively like Nero.
Oct 23, 2017 11:54 PM

Apr 2016
It was a good episode , i think assassin noble phantasm cause her to forget to use command seal
BRAWLERS
Oct 24, 2017 12:16 AM

Jun 2014
Jack the Ripper has finally made an appearance after a while and she's quite the formidable opponent. Thankfully Fiore is safe since Archer and everyone else came back in time.

It was also interesting seeing Sieg deal with the effects of his transformations into Siegfried.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 24, 2017 12:33 AM

Dec 2009
Loved this episode so much, Jack literally stole the show. I love how she can be absolutely cutesy one moment and then super deadly the next. The music and atmosphere whenever she's in a scene is just really well done. She's my favorite Assassin servant in F/GO so it's great to see her animated in Apocrypha.
Oct 24, 2017 12:41 AM

Feb 2014
JTR is the best crittter!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 24, 2017 12:50 AM

Sep 2015
Glad she isn't dead. Whew, thought that acid was gonna get her.
Oct 24, 2017 3:47 AM

Jul 2016
here comes the 4th volume, with more focused on Jack the Ripper,

I actually like this dark part of the volume, so looking forward this arc won't be a mess.
Oct 24, 2017 3:54 AM

Jul 2016
wjxxhulka66n6 said:
yeah
cronoSpirAOct 24, 2017 3:59 AM
Oct 24, 2017 4:19 AM

Aug 2013
After a long time, Jack the Ripper finally appeared. They will have to deal with her before moving against the red faction. Thought she was going to kill Fiore.

Oct 24, 2017 5:28 AM
Jul 2016
Jack looks way, way better in that cloak compared to her main outfit. Why couldn't she be dressed like this the whole time instead of wearing that fanservice crap she usually wears?
Oct 24, 2017 6:08 AM

Jul 2014
I'd completely forgotten that Jack even existed, but this wasn't a bad episode despite that. Saying that though, are we really supposed to believe that disappearing into the mist means that there's no way of pursuing her, especially with Rider in the air?
Oct 24, 2017 6:40 AM

Mar 2011
Atavistic said:
I'd completely forgotten that Jack even existed, but this wasn't a bad episode despite that. Saying that though, are we really supposed to believe that disappearing into the mist means that there's no way of pursuing her, especially with Rider in the air?

They had other things to do at this moment, mainly taking care of Fiore.
Oct 24, 2017 6:50 AM

Aug 2014
Plus it's pretty much established to not be normal mist, created by Jack herself.
Oct 24, 2017 7:04 AM

Feb 2013
Jack was kawaii again.
Oct 24, 2017 8:56 AM
Apr 2011
That waifu moment

I would be glad if you could... for a little bit... let me lend a hand. *blush*
ArgyllOct 24, 2017 10:50 AM
Oct 24, 2017 9:14 AM

Nov 2016
Oh yeah, it's Jacks turn, this was something I was looking forward to and so far it somewhat delivered.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 24, 2017 9:17 AM

Sep 2014
I liked this action in this episode and it is good that Jack is back into focus now.
Oct 24, 2017 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
Veromaye said:
laidellent said:

Are you implying our emperor has an annoying voice? >:(

Jokes aside, she sounds exactly like her VA, but she just doesn't have high pitched voice or speak aggressively like Nero.

I have developed a certain aversion towards her after Septem and Extella sadly.

Oct 24, 2017 10:24 AM

Aug 2015
Atavistic said:

It's the effect of their Noble Phantasm. Jack will be forgotten for about 10 episodes since their debut.

All jokes aside, Assassin of Black's Noble Phantasm: The Mist drastically improves their Presence Concealment (aside from manipulating the property of the mist to either acidic or poisonous), and besides, they're servants, they can revert back into spiritual form to retreat. (i.e. Karna vs Siegfried on episode 3 before sunrise)

Oct 24, 2017 11:23 AM

Oct 2008
Thank god Sieg was in a nick of time and was able to defend Fiore, you da man!
4/5.

Oct 24, 2017 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
It was refreshing to see Jack The Ripper in action once again, as we haven't seen her do much lately.

However, her main assassination target was Fiore, who was unfortunate to be alone at the time, when the others were investigating Jack's other killings elsewhere. Despite her Noble Phantasm being in effect, it was courageous of Sieg to jump in and fight her briefly in order to defend Fiore's life. Nicely done Sieg. =)

At this rate though, I think they'll track down Jack and probably finish her off before the main plan of going after Shirou's group goes in motion.

Good episode overall. =)
Oct 24, 2017 12:37 PM

Mar 2007
mira-pyon said:
wjxxhulka66n6 said:

Sure.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well

OK that answers a second question I had as to who gets the wish.
Oct 24, 2017 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
Did tech wiz master have issues operating a phone? I feel like I must have misinterpreted something about that scene, or the point of it.
Jaywalker.
Oct 24, 2017 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
"Shouldn't we have guards to protect the most important person in this family?"
Plot: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm surprised they didn't leave her servant with her, and couldn't she have used a command spell to summon him?

Jack has had minimal impact on the story so far also. She's just been interrupting it's progression without really doing anything. Hoping that changes, but we'll see.

And Caules willingness to get tortured after seeing the body for just a chance to gain information took some real guts 😰
AndoOct 24, 2017 4:15 PM
Oct 24, 2017 4:52 PM

Aug 2011
Animation was definitely better this ep.

Digged the casual wear of the servants, also glad Fiore is safe <3
Oct 24, 2017 6:53 PM

Nov 2013
ZBlastHistory said:

To do what? She had no idea of what exactly was happening at the castle, so how would she know what order to give?

"Can't she just use those Command Spells to order Jack to commit suicide?" Yes, but she only has two command spells for each Servant in the war, while a Master has three. So even if she used her spells to order Jack and the Red Servants to commit suicide, Shirou and Reika would simply use theirs to cancel the order.

"But Reika wasn't there, she wouldn't know that her Servant needed a Command Spell." Again, how would Ruler know that?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.