Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2017 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, it's like a monster world out there.

This episode made it look their world look dangerous or at least from what it seems to be on the outside. Otherwise, I guess the action is not bad? These mech pilots putting their skills into the battle shows their talent. The new mech upgrades though...not too shabby. Still a pretty cheesy episode. So far, this show has yet to wow me.
Stark700Aug 20, 2017 6:26 AM
Aug 20, 2017 6:19 AM

Apr 2010
So he finally managed to learn things about the core of the knights and it seems he managed to build a strong robot.
Now the question is how will they perform on the battlefield.
Seeing their current success it's clear that they are doing very well even in battle which was nice to see.
Aug 20, 2017 8:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really enjoy watching this kid and his friends/team succeed and learn....If only most of the world had the patience and drive that Erni has

Also, I'm glad that Addy finally learned that the spy lady isn't interested in Erni in THAT kind of way so now she can stop acting all defensive lol (I ship them together anyway)

His new mech the Ikaruga is a cool name and I can't wait to see it in action, also the Alv Queen is hot
Aug 20, 2017 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
Ernesti finally made his own Knights, Ikaruga. I want to see it in action.

Aug 20, 2017 9:42 AM

May 2015
This anime is definitely ending with 12/13 episodes isn't it...
Aug 20, 2017 10:20 AM

Jan 2015
So that's what the Title is about. It sure is fascinating when it comes to Adventure plus learn some secret, especially if this secret is about something you really like.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 20, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2015
Meanwhile everyone even the king fight Eru just sit there enjoying everything clearly

I am the King fit for Eru this episode
Into the Internet!
Aug 20, 2017 10:45 AM

Apr 2011
Did he just learned hundred wears worth of knowledge in just three months?

Finally, Ikaruga is born.
Aug 20, 2017 11:19 AM

Mar 2016
Plenty of action and we finally get to see Ernesti achieve his goal of learning everything about the Ether Reactors...but for some reason the episode still felt pretty meh...I was stoked the see his new mech at the end but...yeah just an ok episode overall
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 20, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
Ernie's new mech looks cool, it should be fun watching him kick ass with it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 20, 2017 11:59 AM
Feb 2017
Nora is hot af, i wish Nora has a longer screentime. I need Nora in my life.
Nora is taller than Addy.
Nora is mature than Addy.
Nora is a cool woman.

Ernesti killed another behemoth-sized monster.
Ernesti meet hot Alvs on bed waiting for xxx scene.
Ernesti learned how to make aether reactor.
Ernesti made Ikaruga with custom aether reactor.
Nora said to Addy she wont steal Ernesti from her (I wish she would).
Aug 20, 2017 12:11 PM

Jul 2016
Finally, Ikuruga is born! The strongest imperfect machine with dual ether reactor tailored-made just for Eru!!

The battle with the Queen is simplified but I kinda okay with it since it gave more time explaining the mechanics behind Silhouette Knight, especially the ether reactor.

As the later half of the episode implied,

Can't wait to see Ikaruga in action!!!
Aug 20, 2017 12:20 PM
Dec 2014
This really felt like watching a montage. I have never seen another anime with a pace as fast as this. They managed to finish an entire arc with just 1 episode wow.
Aug 20, 2017 1:13 PM

Apr 2017
I don't know why I like this show because I know I don't feel like Eru will fail at any point in the show...Yet that's okay.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Aug 20, 2017 1:18 PM

Sep 2014
Simple humans vs monster anime like this are really refreshing from time to time.

So ernie just made 2 behemoth reactors, he should gain more mana then an entire army from this. When will we see shield reactors and Energy Sabers?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 20, 2017 1:44 PM

Jun 2017
Honestly, Ernesti feels less like an actual character and more like a god in this universe.

It's annoying how he's good at everything and learns everything so fast.

Also, the pace of this show is ridiculous. Fight, info-dump, skip ahead...

I don't know.

Can someone who has read the source material, without spoiling, let me know if this show is ever going to have a proper plot? Or is Ernesti building robots the entire premise?
Aug 20, 2017 2:56 PM

Mar 2016
JCvetich said:
Or is Ernesti building robots the entire premise?

You ask like it's a bad thing.
Aug 20, 2017 3:08 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the main focus for this new arc is the monster horde that is bearing down on the kingdom eh. So the target of the enemy attack is also the location where the country makes the reactors that power is mecha's eh. Well since its related to the creation of the mecha's Ernie will be motivated to defend it but man this time he really is on fire. Man that horde certainly is large though. Even the elite knights that Ernie and co fought last episode are having a hard time holding the lines eh. Its nice that they managed to hold out long enough for Ernie and his order to arrive though. Ernie's new suits really are pretty powerful though. At least the prince can finally test his new suit though. Hmm so the former king is also here to help his grandson eh. Its nice that now the Ernie's order has been expanded to include more pilots though. So each of the veteran pilots is leading their own companies eh. Wow the queen certainly is large. Its funny how Ernie is actually mocking the queen when he showed up in front of it. The order of the silver phoenix really is impressive despite the smaller number of knights that they have. Its nice that the knights here had little ego to get in their way though. And Ernie finally gets to get the thing he really wanted which was the construction method for the engine.

Hmm to think that the engine itself was not invented by humans but by another race. Ernie is someone that doesn't give up easily especially with regards to his hobby of designing mecha lol. Hmm a hidden society thats though hidden from the world still helps in protecting it. Hmm so in their later years the members of this race lose interest and only sleep eh. Yet at least they keep aware of what's happening around them. It seems that this race's main desire is the gathering of knowledge. Hmm the engine is more complex than i thought. I see so because the Arv have their special magic only they can refine the material that the engine needs. Its nice that Ernie is so excited with his hobby though. Hmm it seems that the members of his order are not willing to leave him there at all. What loyal comrades indeed. In 3 months Ernie was able to learn everything eh impressive. Hmm it looks like something big will happen in the next few episodes then. Hmm its nice that Nora went ahead and dispelled the misunderstanding that Addy had by revealing her identity. And finally Ernie was able to create his own unique mecha then. Since the more powerful the beast the more potent their catalyst crystals will be the queens and the behemoth's should make Ernie's new suit pretty powerful. Quite an interesting episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2017 3:30 PM

Jun 2015
The action in the beginning was nice. Ernesti defeated the queen quite well. In just three months, he learned enough knowledge about the Ether Reactors to build his own mech which he called it Ikaruga. It looks very cool.
Aug 20, 2017 3:37 PM

Apr 2008
JCvetich said:
Honestly, Ernesti feels less like an actual character and more like a god in this universe.

I don't know.

Can someone who has read the source material, without spoiling, let me know if this show is ever going to have a proper plot? Or is Ernesti building robots the entire premise?

The show is pretty much shit. We are on episode 8 and already covered 3 books. The upcoming arc spans across 2 books and will, most likely, be covered in 4 episodes. That is just NOT enough time to flesh out the story.

In the books, Eru went from being 9 years old, to being 15 years old. 15 years old is the age when he learned the secret of ether reactor. But make no mistake, he's been studying magic since he was, if I recall correctly, 4 and swordsmanship since around 8. Knowing how he is a die hard mecha fan, you can imagine how hard he's been going at his studies.

But back to your question, this show will never have a proper plot because of how rushed it is, it does not have time for a proper plot. You want proper plot, read the books, google for sky the wood if you want to.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Aug 20, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2015
That was one ugly ass monster, or queen whatever.

Aug 20, 2017 8:26 PM

Jun 2017
ZingFreelancer said:
JCvetich said:

I don't know.

The show is pretty much shit. We are on episode 8 and already covered 3 books. The upcoming arc spans across 2 books and will, most likely, be covered in 4 episodes. That is just NOT enough time to flesh out the story.

In the books, Eru went from being 9 years old, to being 15 years old. 15 years old is the age when he learned the secret of ether reactor. But make no mistake, he's been studying magic since he was, if I recall correctly, 4 and swordsmanship since around 8. Knowing how he is a die hard mecha fan, you can imagine how hard he's been going at his studies.

But back to your question, this show will never have a proper plot because of how rushed it is, it does not have time for a proper plot. You want proper plot, read the books, google for sky the wood if you want to.

Thanks for the response. I kind of got that feeling that the show was rushing the story along. It's one of the things that really bothers me, as I said in my original post.

I would probably enjoy the books a lot more, and I'll probably end up reading them. I'll just try and take the show for what it is. Thanks again for the advice.
Aug 20, 2017 8:27 PM

Jun 2017
syncrogazer said:
JCvetich said:
Or is Ernesti building robots the entire premise?

You ask like it's a bad thing.

I mean, in itself it's not a bad thing. I wouldn't mind it as an additional plot alongside a more intriguing one.
Aug 20, 2017 11:48 PM

Sep 2015
Dam this is so aweessoommmee. Hyped for next weeks episode.
Aug 20, 2017 11:57 PM

Dec 2016
So much for the queen, Ernesti made real short work of her.

Great Elder Kitley, at least we now know who she is, I felt ominous vibes when she was shown at the end of the last episode but she's actually on the our side.

Ikaruga looks really cool, can't wait to see it in action.
Aug 21, 2017 12:29 AM

Sep 2009
Lol new robot looks OP with two super reactors.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 21, 2017 2:09 AM

Dec 2013
So he slays the queen and rips all those eggs out of her like it was nothing.
Then goes to Alfheim to interact with the Great Elder for three months and even manages to steal their manufacturing magic and technique like it was nothing.

His customized mech is OP as heck what with having both a Queen and a Behemoth heart as it's core. Nothing in this world probably even comes close.

And was it just me, or would he have a difficult time explaining the chicken scratches on his mech's chest, considering this world doesn't use Japanese letters XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 21, 2017 8:43 AM

Mar 2010
Was I the only one amused by Kirito talking about Alvheim? XD
Aug 21, 2017 8:48 AM

Mar 2013
Ernie finally done his goal to make his own Silhouette Knight... Ikaruga is a nice name too for a cool and neat knight like that...

Alfheim kinds of reminds me of Sword Art Online lol... But yeah I know the name might be come from "Alfheimr" from Norse mythology, a world of elves...
Aug 21, 2017 9:07 AM

Jul 2016
Does anyone notice the VA for the Alv elder is the same VA who voiced Lalah Sune of the original Gundam?
Aug 21, 2017 9:31 AM

Apr 2008
L-Ryoshi said:
So he slays the queen and rips all those eggs out of her like it was nothing.

Lets get a few things right that anime got wrong. First of all, the chariot Eru is shown riding is never pulled by two Tzendrinble. It was actually actually pulled by Tzendorg, the twin pilot prototype of Centaur Knight they've used for duel in episode 7. The remaining chariots are being pulled by production version, Tzendrinble, which is a SINGLE seated version of Tzendorg.
It is actually pretty important because Tzendorg is used several times in the story and it can only be piloted by the twins.

One of the reasons to use Tzendorg instead of dual Tzendrinble (as far as I recall, they never used dual Tzendrinble to pull a carriage) is because it allowed for better use of flexible coat. A type of optional works Eru developed. It uses Silhouette arms equipped with shields to add extra protection to the machine. Edgar is a big fan of this mode and his machine always come equipped with flexible coat. While one person is busy piloting Centaur Knight, another person could use flexible coat to protect the machine and attack with weapons.

Queen shell beast had six legs instead of four, but it does not really matter. It was defeated by Eru burning all upper joints on one side. This caused the beast to fall over and since it was very tall, it suffered critical damage on impact. Eru finished it by driving one of chariots side swords into its forehead, no lightning.
Eru actually lost balance several times during the fight due to how unpredictable and unstable Toybox is.

In regards to the shell beast queen. It was not mentioned in anime, but when a hive split happens. The newly born queen lacks egg sack. But the queen we've seen had an egg sack, which means it was not a split, but a relocation. Shell beast queen was relocating because her hive grew too large.
After the queen was defeated, they spent a week cleaning up remains of shell beast.

Before Silver Phenix arrived and saved the day, the guards had a pretty hard fight vs a huge swarm of soldier beasts and ranged shell beasts. Guards had little protection from ranged attacks. Instead they made protection by stacking shells of fallen shell beasts and hiding behind them. But they were overwhelmed when giant shell beast (taller than SK) joined the fray.
Edgar and Dietrich had their roles to play in the fight, alongside the prince and former king.

Eru spent only one month learning.
Aug 21, 2017 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
The action was nice and I want to see the new mecha kick ass.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 21, 2017 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
Helvi fanservice, check; Alf fanservice, check.

Decent actiony episode, but this.
Huex3 said:
This really felt like watching a montage. I have never seen another anime with a pace as fast as this. They managed to finish an entire arc with just 1 episode wow.
I wish LN adaptations would stop with the fast pace (Akashic anyone?). Sure it's a great way to promote a series, it's also a great way to make a forgettable anime.
Aug 21, 2017 8:35 PM

Feb 2011
@EratiK & @Huex3: Seen worse adaptations, so I can handle this pace. Take Antimagic Academy for example. After a second watch of this episode, I got a better understanding of his so called "workaround." In other words, I was able to image what was omitted from the story for the sake of adapting. The narration can only cover so much without being boring. I'll likely read if I want more detail. The focus on action isn't entirely overbearing.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Aug 21, 2017 9:45 PM

Apr 2013
Woah, I'm surprised they fit all this into 1 episode. But well... finally we get to see the new and improved models fighting those shellcased.

Aug 21, 2017 11:34 PM

Feb 2011
@ZingFreelancer: Adaptations and their liberties. I hope they had a good reason to separate the siblings. I can imagine the Toybox weighs more than the transports or it's meant for more speed in combat. A chariot would be rather slow with one horse pulling. Same goes for a six long legged creature. Just compare a daddy-longleg with your average spider. It’s obvious cutting down the number of long legs and adding to the number of four legged mechas would make more sense when speed is involved. As for the MC taking more time to learn, I'd say they're trying to make the story more realistic with all the changes.

I’m more surprised our MC hasn’t thought to make a modern-day car with reactors as engines by now. Of course, he’d have to be knowledgeable on cars to do so and it'd be ripping off Eureka Seven. Sadly, we all know he was more obsessed with mecha figures than everyday vehicles in his past life. He didn’t even own a car if I remember correctly. Japan doesn’t seem like a place with a huge reliance on cars to begin with. I question how many gas stations they even have. I imagine most of their gas is foreign. I could be wrong. Anime alone is probably not the best source of information.

So... what happened to his old mecha? Did it even have a name? Probably information the LN makes more clear. Guess I'll have to read if the adaptation doesn't touch on it.
ReloadAug 22, 2017 12:03 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Aug 22, 2017 1:43 AM

Oct 2008
That was fast and already introduced!
So Ernesti's final prototype of his Silhouette Knight which is supposed to be the strongest is named Ikaruga!
I guessing the intake and outtake pipes means that Ikaruga's power should be recyclable and basically means almost unlimited energy!
At this point, Ernesti's existence is not just a National threat...it could be an International threat and Continental threat to anyone!
5/5.
matias067Aug 22, 2017 1:49 AM

Aug 22, 2017 6:36 AM
Dec 2014
Reload said:
@EratiK & @Huex3: Seen worse adaptations, so I can handle this pace. Take Antimagic Academy for example. After a second watch of this episode, I got a better understanding of his so called "workaround." In other words, I was able to image what was omitted from the story for the sake of adapting. The narration can only cover so much without being boring. I'll likely read if I want more detail. The focus on action isn't entirely overbearing.

Actually I ain't mad, this is amazing. The story is still coherent and understandable if you paid attention to it properly. I am actually impressed they're able to to keep it from turning into a chaotic mess of a story with all the detail skipping they are doing.
Aug 22, 2017 7:36 PM

Feb 2008
The pace this manga takes really does a disservice to the main story since they rush so much it just feels wrong. Either way, i can see a remake in the future that paces the story in a more measured way.
Aug 23, 2017 12:19 PM
Jul 2015
Comander-07 said:
Simple humans vs monster anime like this are really refreshing from time to time.

So ernie just made 2 behemoth reactors, he should gain more mana then an entire army from this. When will we see shield reactors and Energy Sabers?

soon, as in next 2 episode
Aug 23, 2017 4:55 PM
Aug 2015
That new Mecha looks so awesome... But, can I just say, how is it possible that a battle that would shape the entire future of the lore should the monsters be victorious last only 4 minutes... Surely, the fight at the start was just not long enough for something that was portrayed as extremely valuable?
Aug 23, 2017 9:05 PM

Aug 2016
I've enjoyed the show to a degree, but I'm starting to get listless. Let's be real: the only reason to watch this is for the cool magic mechs.

Every human character is vapid. The two twins, especially the girl, are simultaneously worthless and incredibly annoying. The rookie knights are okay, but really, no one is fleshed out that well besides Ernesti. I feel like the narrator is a stronger character than any of the others, for christ's sake.

There is no compelling plot trajectory either, other than "Let's keep making things, and then more things!" None of the characters have faced any significant or debilitating hardship. The worst thing that's happened is that evil chick stealing the prototype mech. There are hints that something dark is on the horizon, but I'm starting to get a "When are we gonna get to the fireworks factory?!" vibe.

I don't often preach for something to go the grimdark route - that's overused at this point - but damn, some stakes would be nice. A sadist like Hajime Isayama or George R.R. Martin could take the fantasy and war themes here and really have a fucking field day with them.

(I'm sure the light novels have better pacing and more sketched out characters, but I hate light novels, so this is all I have to work with and judge.)
MyHeroZeroAug 23, 2017 9:09 PM
Aug 23, 2017 10:41 PM

Feb 2011
I guess I won't be watching it then.
Aug 24, 2017 1:22 AM
Nov 2012
I've Loved every episodes so far. It made me let out a weeaby Kuuhhhhhh~ multiple times an episode. Seeing Ernesti do all these cool things, make all these improvements, shatter people's expectations again and again, so much so that they don't know what to do besides from following him gets me so hyped.

Definitely my favourite anime this season. It's sitting at a 9 for me atm, simply because it's not finished yet and I feel like it hasn't reached its full potential yet. With a strong finish, I'd happily give it a 10

As for the next episode, I assume it'll be the beginning of the last arc, Ernesti had conquered the country and finally acquired his personal mech with the 2 best core reactors in existence.
I'm down to see Ernesti and his crew fight the Bad-guy nation. It's going to be funny because, like the lab engineers, they thought they had gotten their hands on the newest thing in existence. Afterall, it takes hundreds of years to develop a new model.
Little did they know that in those 1-2 years the model they stole is basically ancient now.

They probably made some improvements to the model but, kek, it'll be like watching a wooden cart with improved wheels fighting a Tank
KonichiwaKunAug 24, 2017 1:27 AM
Aug 24, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2008
dafckingman said:
like the lab engineers, they thought they had gotten their hands on the newest thing in existence. Afterall, it takes hundreds of years to develop a new model.

The anime implies that they reduced amount of crystal stand tissue, but increased output by 30%, that is incorrect compared to light novels.
The lab model of the prototype has 30% less performance than the prototype. The power output reduction was done in order to resolve 2 issues. High mana consumption rate and difficulty in controlling the machine.

The only reason why lab was able to complete their prototype so quickly is due to Ernesti supplying them with blue prints and explanations to what and why. It was stated in light novels that had the lab not received instruction in regards to Magius Engine modification done by Eru, they would've spent a long time understanding them on their own.

dafckingman said:

They probably made some improvements to the model but, kek, it'll be like watching a wooden cart with improved wheels fighting a Tank

What happens if the other nation manage to think of a way to resolve mana consumption problem that our dear genius Ernesti did not consider? They will have powerful machines comparable to Karrdetolle, if not more powerful due to Karrdetolle 30% performance reduction.
What if somebody else come up with an invention that completely changes the rules of the battlefield?

Find out this Sunday :)
Aug 24, 2017 8:39 AM
Nov 2012
ZingFreelancer said:

they reduced amount of crystal stand tissue, but increased output by 30%, that is incorrect compared to light novels.

Yeah I felt like this must've been a case of mistranslation since the power comes from the strands. Logically, -30% should results in less power not more.

ZingFreelancer said:

What if somebody else come up with an invention that completely changes the rules of the battlefield?

I think if someone was capable of that, they would've done so already.
What I see happening in ep.9 is Nation X (x is for bad guys, of course) is going to invade Fremmelwhatever with massive hordes of mass produced Mechs that may have slight improvements from the stolen prototype
They'll be vs-ing Ernesti's crew of badasses' new mechs (which now includes the ex-king and the prince) while the nation's "Finest Pilots" would act as cannon fodders

The series likes to turn the in-world expectation on its head. Showing what is supposed to be an impossible task being easily accomplish by Ernesti, with a smile.

So after
1. Gigantic Mega Boss
2. Monster army + Queen of said monster army

the natural next step is
3. Massive human army from nefarious neighbouring country.

The senpais are gonna fight the Ojou-chan that stole the prototype and Ernie fighting.... whoever the enemy commander is.

Of course I'm just talking out of my ass here. Since you've read the LN and I haven't I'm 100% sure it's gonna go down like you said. Gah! I want more of this series but I feel like they could wrap it up in 13 eps without the need for a second season.
By the end of this Arc ernie should've conquered the continent, and pretty much, the world. So there isn't much else to do besides from fighting The king of monster or going out into space.
KonichiwaKunAug 24, 2017 8:47 AM
Aug 24, 2017 8:44 AM

May 2017
"if you live long enough, we shall meet again" and alchemy?

Hmmm all points to the ether reactor being dangerous, it probably saps lifespan or convert it

Man, Ernie is so annoying and cringy, he's like a little girl getting excited over a cookie, I want to punch him, he's a sissy
Aug 24, 2017 10:14 AM

Apr 2008
dafckingman said:

I think if someone was capable of that, they would've done so already.

This is spoiler territory and I dont want to go there yet, but fear tend to breed innovation. Like during the Cold War, we had a metric ton of innovation because everybody was scared of communism.

dafckingman said:

What I see happening in ep.9 is Nation X (x is for bad guys, of course) is going to invade Fremmelwhatever with massive hordes of mass produced Mechs that may have slight improvements from the stolen prototype
They'll be vs-ing Ernesti's crew of badasses' new mechs (which now includes the ex-king and the prince) while the nation's "Finest Pilots" would act as cannon fodders

The series likes to turn the in-world expectation on its head. Showing what is supposed to be an impossible task being easily accomplish by Ernesti, with a smile.

Fremmevira Kingdom is a kingdom separated by a mountain range from all other human nations. It is a kingdom located next to the demon beast territory and majority of human nations views them as bumpkin nation that has to constantly fight vs demon beasts. There is little to no strategic value in invading such nation, so I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Besides, the mass produced mechs you speak of are the Kardetolle that has been rolling out to many knight orders in the nation. Naturally, Silver Phoenix knights are the ones with largest amount of Karrdetolle's. Evan Edgars and Dietrich machines are heavily costumised Karrdetolle's. The only other noticeable machine they have is Tzendrinble. So far, there is a very small number of knight orders that actually have Tzendrinble's, since they have two ether reactors, essentially doubling the cost of the machine.

dafckingman said:

The senpais are gonna fight the Ojou-chan that stole the prototype and Ernie fighting.... whoever the enemy commander is.

I actually like her, both as a villain and a fighter. She is the captain of Copper Fang Knights, a fallen order from unknown kingdom. She took the job because she was promised that her order will be restored and become legit recognised organisation and not a outlawed group of bandits. If I remember correctly, she herself is a member of fallen nobility. The copper knight order role is similar to Blue Hawk order.

dafckingman said:

Of course I'm just talking out of my ass here. Since you've read the LN and I haven't I'm 100% sure it's gonna go down like you said. Gah! I want more of this series but I feel like they could wrap it up in 13 eps without the need for a second season.
By the end of this Arc ernie should've conquered the continent, and pretty much, the world. So there isn't much else to do besides from fighting The king of monster or going out into space.

I think we are in for the weakest arc of this anime, by any means its a fantastic arc in the novels. But it relies heavily on establishing a new location and bunch of new characters, something this show has no time for. At least we can look forward to the demon god making its grand entrance and all the fighting. Btw, you can read the novels too, there is a fan translation on sky.the.wood.
Aug 24, 2017 10:48 AM
Nov 2012
ZingFreelancer said:
breed innovation

I look forward to seeing what they're gonna bring out.

ZingFreelancer said:

Fremmevira Kingdom is a kingdom separated by a mountain range from all other human nations. It is a kingdom located next to the demon beast territory and majority of human nations views them as bumpkin nation that has to constantly fight vs demon beasts. There is little to no strategic value in invading such nation, so I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Makes sense. So it was more of a steal new technology to fight other in-land nations and less of stealing their tech to invade them.

ZingFreelancer said:

Besides, the mass produced mechs you speak of are the Kardetolle that has been rolling out to many knight orders in the nation.

I was referring to the 4 arms type that she stole. Isn't that a new and revolutionary type that the world haven't seen before?
While just adding 2 arms to an existing model can hardly be called a new type, this series' idea of a new mech according to the evolution chart they kept showing us seems very minimal. It took them 300 years to change from holding a sword to a hammer :\

ZingFreelancer said:

Ojou-chan is the captain of Copper Fang Knights

So it was Silver vs copper? I see what they did there. Going by RPG logic,
Gold > Silver > Copper
Makes sense why one is legit and the other is not. And we have the prince being "Gold" because he's a royalty.

ZingFreelancer said:

I think we are in for the weakest arc of this anime, by any means its a fantastic arc in the novels. But it relies heavily on establishing a new location and bunch of new characters, something this show has no time for.

I can see how that could be a problem. Here's to hoping they'll execute it properly. Too many POTENTIALLY great shows have piss poor ending that ended up dragging the overall score way down.

ZingFreelancer said:

At least we can look forward to the demon god making its grand entrance and all the fighting.

So
1. Boss
2. Boss with Army
3. Big Boss with Army

seems legit. If he unlocks the secret of the world that resides in the Big Boss' Castle, I will not be surprised

ZingFreelancer said:

Btw, you can read the novels too, there is a fan translation on sky.the.wood.

I prefer Anime>Manga>Novel with the number of novels I've read being lower than how many fingers I have.

Though this series is one of the few that makes me reeeeally want to read the LN but... I'll just wait for season 2 XD .... is there gonna be a season 2? I guess that'll be going into spoilers territory too.
Well then we'll find out in a month.
KonichiwaKunAug 24, 2017 10:54 AM
Aug 24, 2017 1:09 PM

Apr 2008
[quote=dafckingman message=52057239]

dafckingman said:

Makes sense. So it was more of a steal new technology to fight other in-land nations and less of stealing their tech to invade them.

Wait and see, everything will start making sense in episode 9.

ZingFreelancer said:

Besides, the mass produced mechs you speak of are the Kardetolle that has been rolling out to many knight orders in the nation.

dafckingman said:

I was referring to the 4 arms type that she stole. Isn't that a new and revolutionary type that the world haven't seen before?
While just adding 2 arms to an existing model can hardly be called a new type, this series' idea of a new mech according to the evolution chart they kept showing us seems very minimal. It took them 300 years to change from holding a sword to a hammer :

Yes, Tellestarle is the prototype to Kardator Dash you've seen in episode 7 and Dash is prototype to the mass production model called Kardetolle. There are multiple fields that required for innovation, alchemists working on new type of crystal tissue, improved magius engine and scripts, better performance from ether reactors. Take for example ether reactors, that is something invented by an elf over a period of several centuries. How long would it take to achieve if humans tried to invent it? One scientist work on it for 30-40 years, dies and the project is carried over by the next one for? Besides, the mentality of medieval humans has been known to be very rigid.
As for 300 years going from sword to hammer, that is incorrect. What it meant is that in span of 300 years, there has been only 2 innovations in SK production and the last one happened 100 years ago. So nobody expected a new model to be invented for at least 100 years.

Besides, what Eru did was change how crystal tissue is arranged, since he needed more durability, higher power output is pure side effect. Then he made it easier to switch between close range and long range by adding cannons to the back of the machine. That took shape in form of extra pair of hands, with a bit of ingenuity he modified magius engine (read on-board computer) to automate the process of aiming and firing. He did not invent any new technologies per say, he simply found a new ways to use existing technology. If you think about it, its pretty logical, people who are not used to think of shoulder mounted cannons will not think about adding extra arms to the back of the machine to hold ranged weapons.

dafckingman said:

So
1. Boss
2. Boss with Army
3. Big Boss with Army

seems legit. If he unlocks the secret of the world that resides in the Big Boss' Castle, I will not be surprised

Well....

dafckingman said:

I prefer Anime>Manga>Novel with the number of novels I've read being lower than how many fingers I have.

Though this series is one of the few that makes me reeeeally want to read the LN but... I'll just wait for season 2 XD .... is there gonna be a season 2? I guess that'll be going into spoilers territory too.
Well then we'll find out in a month.

I doubt there will be a second season. Anime is about to begin covering the arc that spans over volume 4 and 5. To my knowledge, there is about 7 book in total (more being written), I've only read up to novel 4 and two chapters of volume 5. In general, light novel / manga adaptations are made in order to promote original material.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

52 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

77 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

89 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2017

235 by Kiruko-san »»
May 31, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.