Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 20, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Chtholly is a lot more conscious of Willem now especially after his proposal. I find it kinda cute honestly.

Chtholly's condition got worse this episode as her hair is even more red.
A lot of foreshadowing and build up let to this episode's climax. They got some neat battle going on too. Overall well balanced episode. Kinda scared for Chtholly though.
Jun 20, 2017 8:46 AM

Dec 2014
I thought they would have jumped straight to the aftermath of the failed expedition, good thing they went with another kind of aftermath ^^
Willem and co. did go underground after all, albeit in a slightly less comfortable way. They found Elq's frozen body below his hometown, but how did it get there and why? Lyllia used Seniourious on her, the sword's curse makes the body of the one that gets cut from it into a mortal one; so she was able to kill Elq.
Of course the meeting of the two had a negative effect on Chtholly's body and now she entered in a coma. Here we got a more in depth explaination from Elq about herself and the Leprechauns.

The kiss would have been nicer in a less dramatic situation (that beast needs to learn how to read the mood) and without Elq's dialogue right after T_T

Next week we'll see the rest of what was shown at the start of the first episode...
Looks like they will end the anime with the third volume (with some bits of the other two at best), I still have no clue how they will close the story though.

This week's memory scenes:
http://imgur.com/a/dz1tt

AnathorJun 20, 2017 8:59 AM
Jun 20, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2007
Anathor said:

Looks like they will end the anime with the third volume (with some bits of the other two at best), I still have no clue how they will close the story though.

"read the light novels" ending with production staff possibly hoping to maybe get to work on ova or s2 or something like that. This really should have been split cour - I am still naively hoping or them going "haha split cour in the fall" because otherwise Vol 4 and 5 are never going to get adapted
Jun 20, 2017 9:10 AM

Mar 2016
I completely forgot about that kiss. I need freshen up my memory. Yeah quite a misfortune we won't get vol 4 and 5 adapted considering they address some plot points and revelations from prior episodes. So this will be obligatory read the LN to find out the rest . Well can't say i didn't see it coming, but I'm content with this and hopefully a S2 in future lol
Jun 20, 2017 9:18 AM

Oct 2012
Thought the first minute of the first ep would happen today. Now I have no idea how they will properly conclude this.
And that kiss was even more heartbreaking than the proposal.
Jun 20, 2017 9:19 AM

Oct 2014
Surprised crunchyroll hasn't uploaded it yet.
Jun 20, 2017 9:37 AM
Apr 2017
Now i would need to wait at least 1 year for a new season for the rest of the novel... im crying inside is my favourite anime.
Jun 20, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2014
There we go.

Oh man.

Insert Growing Wings from Drakengard next episode, boys.
Jun 20, 2017 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
After the proposal, Willem and Chtholly have become more conscious of each other. It was cute. They fell underground and found Elq's frozen body. I wonder why it's there. Chtholly's condition got worse as her hair is even more red. The kiss was so bittersweet. It was rude of the beast to interrupt them. Willem is very pissed now.
Jun 20, 2017 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
I kinda want to see Willem in action now
Jun 20, 2017 10:31 AM

Feb 2012
Just until vol 3, sad. Maybe a new season, 26 ep adapting vol 4, 5 and the novel Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Mou Ichido dake, Aemasu ka?

Would that be asking too much? XD
Jun 20, 2017 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
By the way, I'm glad they cleared up the whole thing in who were the humans fighting before they were wiped out. Basically Elq and her 3 earth gods wanted to punish humans and wipe them out. But they failed and elq died. Her body was retrieved. Ultimately, humans turned into beasts. There's still the part in how they turned and what made them exactly turn into beasts (to go into that in details as the story's first proposed hyposthesis for that is they were experiments of biological weapons), but that is left for later volumes.
Also we got a small glimpse of Navrutri.
Jun 20, 2017 10:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Humanity was completely the cause of their own demise, Willem helped without knowing. That is tragic.

So Chtolly and the other leprechauns are basically part of Elq's soul.

Can't wait for the finale.
Jun 20, 2017 10:36 AM
Aug 2015
Well it looks like I won't be crying as much as I thought I would, but seeing Ctholly in state she was in makes me depressed. Hopefully this anime will finish on a lighter note, because I couldn't bare to not cry like a little girl if it had volume's 5 ending.
Jun 20, 2017 10:37 AM

Jul 2016
This episode revealed so much stuff. Overall, I'm hyped for the last episode and I really hope this anime gets a season two.
Jun 20, 2017 10:37 AM

Oct 2016
Ah, the info dump I've been fearing. Inevitable considering they're trying to finish a 5-vol LN in a 3-vol adaptation. But even if this anime exist to sell the LN, what kind of marketing messes with all the unrevealed plot? Oh well...
Germs_N_SpicesJun 20, 2017 10:40 AM
Jun 20, 2017 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
A good episode.

Chtholly hair turned completely red. So Chtholly was created from Elq's soul and she's one of the three Gods/Visitors that came to destroy humanity.

Willem was pissed when that beast interrupted his kiss.

The finale next episode.

Jun 20, 2017 10:45 AM

Sep 2015
Still no idea why human turn into monster

Really a good guy i don't expect that
Into the Internet!
Jun 20, 2017 10:45 AM

Feb 2012
Germs_N_Spices said:
Ah, the info dump I've been fearing. Inevitable considering they're trying to finish a 5-vol LN in a 3-vol adaptation. But even if this anime exist to sell the LN, what kind of marketing messes with all the unrevealed plot? Oh well...

No no, they are not trying to do it, they are just adapting until vol 3. This episode was half the chapter 4 (vol 3). Next one end vol 3.
Jun 20, 2017 10:48 AM

Oct 2016
Verzweif said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

No no, they are not trying to do it, they are just adapting until vol 3. This episode was half the chapter 4 (vol 3). Next one end vol 3.

That's what I meant. In order to avoid as big a cliffhanger as the LN left off at vol 3 they have pulled materials from vol 4 and 5 into the anime, structured a rather out-of-place fashion. At this rate it's unlikely we'll be getting a sequel anime either.
Jun 20, 2017 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
chtholly full red hair and willeim fighting with a beast? this really couldn't end well lmao

i dont plan to read the LN but i wonder what they will do after this, since they both will be pretty screwed up after this episode lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 20, 2017 10:54 AM

Feb 2012
Germs_N_Spices said:
Verzweif said:

That's what I meant. In order to avoid as big a cliffhanger as the LN left off at vol 3 they have pulled materials from vol 4 and 5 into the anime, structured a rather out-of-place fashion. At this rate it's unlikely we'll be getting a sequel anime either.

What part of this came from vol 4 and 5? They rearranged the events but all this is in the vol 3.
Jun 20, 2017 10:55 AM

Mar 2016
Germs_N_Spices said:
Verzweif said:

That may be right. Though some things elq said should have been from earlier volumes like who was fighting who over 500 years ago. However, Elq saying they're all part of her, yeah that's vol 5 material . I remember Carmine telling her that. It's a cliffhanger either way though so I don't think they did it to avoid one.
Jun 20, 2017 11:00 AM

Feb 2012
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

That may be right. Though some things elq said should have been from earlier volumes like who was fighting who over 500 years ago. However, Elq saying they're all part of her, yeah that's vol 5 material . I remember Carmine telling her that. It's a cliffhanger either way though so I don't think they did it to avoid one.

So this is from vol 5... but just this little info don't make it like adapting 5 vol in 3...
Jun 20, 2017 11:00 AM

Oct 2016
Verzweif said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

What part of this came from vol 4 and 5? They rearranged the events but this all is in the vol 3.

Firstly, Elq's encounter with Lillia from last episode came from Vol 5, and Elq's current half-dead state is also revealed in Vol 4 and 5. And as a result of these explanations coming out of Elq's own mouth her character too has been slightly altered to give off the vibes of a know-it-all rather than an innocent and half-ignorant child which she still is.

DragonSlayer_19 said:
It's a cliffhanger either way though so I don't think they did it to avoid one.

By revealing the unanswered questions they essentially resolved the cliffhanger and turned it into a tragic ending. The story is free to drop off here without further suspense.
Germs_N_SpicesJun 20, 2017 11:04 AM
Jun 20, 2017 11:02 AM

Nov 2016
Wow, there were a lot of revelations this episode amongst other things the whole origin of the Fairies and the identity of Chthollys soul.

Liked Willems atttude, after the beast interrupted them.

I think this show got a lot more interesting during the last episodes, under these conditions I wouldn't mind a second season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2017 11:03 AM

Sep 2013
The timere attack in horde and collapse the place, chtolly almost losing all of herself now.
Jun 20, 2017 11:09 AM

Aug 2015
I appreciate the fact that the producers actually got a little girl to voice Elq. Now we have a range of Hara Suzuko for adorableness and Okada Hikari for eerily ominous.
Jun 20, 2017 11:09 AM

Feb 2016
Welp shit happens, are we getting into the scene we got at the start of the first episode?

boy, this anime's secrets are getting more fucked up as it advances... quite interesting revelation of who Elq is and what happened to the humans
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 20, 2017 11:10 AM

Oct 2012
I really do like this show and I I think I'm getting most of the plot and past history - this episode really helped - but I must say it's been hard to follow. We get clues nearly every episode but I feel they do a poor job restating some of the important parts to build a strong narrative.

Mar 2016
Germs_N_Spices said:
Verzweif said:

What part of this came from vol 4 and 5? They rearranged the events but this all is in the vol 3.

Firstly, Elq's encounter with Lillia from last episode came from Vol 5, and Elq's current half-dead state is also revealed in Vol 4 and 5. And as a result of these explanations coming out of Elq's own mouth her character too has been slightly altered to give off the vibes of a know-it-all rather than an innocent and half-ignorant child which she still is.

DragonSlayer_19 said:

By revealing the unanswered questions they essentially resolved the cliffhanger and turned it into a tragic ending. The story is free to drop off here without further suspense.

No i meant
Apr 2017
The hope for a 2nd season was pretty much gone after this episode... Pls don't do this!
Jun 20, 2017 11:11 AM

Jul 2007
modboy said:
I really do like this show and I I think I'm getting most of the plot and past history - this episode really helped - but I must say it's been hard to follow. We get clues nearly every episode but I feel they do a poor job restating some of the important parts to build a strong narrative.

The way SukaSuka works is that Volume 4 and 5(the ones that won't be adapted) are basically the story parts that tie all the clues together.

So right now since they will finish this with VOl3, all you are getting is clues.
Jun 20, 2017 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

We finally get the revelation regarding Elq and humanity's past. So basically humanity's acts of war upon itself fueled the destruction of the world and the attack of the 3 Gods. Humanity then killed the master of the visitors, Elq. Eventually they turned into the beasts that wreck havoc and destroyed themselves. :(

All the Leprachauns are just part of Elq's soul.

Willem and Chtholly's kiss was very bittersweet, that beast that interrupted Willem was asking for it.

Chtholly's hair's turned completely red and she's basically lost most of what makes her Chtholly, the final portion with Elq telling her that as long as she remembers even a little, she is still herself was kinda nice. Is there hope that Chtholly will still be herself when she awakens?

Finale next week, based on what I read above, I guess it's highly unlikely that we'll get any form of an conclusive ending. I guess I'll just hope for an S2 then.

Jun 20, 2017 11:15 AM

Feb 2012
Germs_N_Spices said:
Verzweif said:

DragonSlayer_19 said:

I dunno about the encounter, but the body part is in vol 3 chapter 4 part 2. I didn't read vol 4 and 5 yet so I cannot say much about it. But there are still several things to be resolved, This will depend on how they will end the next episode. If they'll add more info from vol 4 and 5 or if the info in this ep was just a reordering of events. btw, they still need to adapt the "Before This World Ends" and "A Now Distant Dream" from vol 1-3. This and vol 4 and 5 are enough to a 2nd temp.
VerzweifJun 20, 2017 11:18 AM
Jun 20, 2017 11:16 AM

Oct 2016

True, there are only so many loose ends they can tie together without hurting the LN, but this doesn't negate the efforts in minimizing it. Any closure is considered a "good thing" for the anime no matter how insignificant, though I'm afraid it harms the merit of the LN.
Jun 20, 2017 11:24 AM
May 2016
1 more episode, eh? Well, judging from the very first episode, i can see how this show will end. What can i say? I just want a happy ending for them. Everything is pretty much fckd up in this series. Beasts, Leprechaun, fairy, human, gods, not a single one makes sense. Even this commentary doesn't make sense. A watcher can only hope.

I still don't understand why i ended up watching this series. I put zero interest in here, until few days ago. Title and pictures are always misleading, somehow.
Jun 20, 2017 11:37 AM

Dec 2015
Yare yare daze, Japanese authors and their namings, there's NO WAY I can remember or even write the little girl's name smh.

It was a good episode, only 1 more to go then.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 20, 2017 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
Germs_N_Spices said:
Verzweif said:

DragonSlayer_19 said:

The dialogue between them is different. What Elq said about Chtholly might imply something on how they are going to end it. It all depends on next week and how it picks up from the last scene before the credits.
Jun 20, 2017 12:06 PM
Jun 2017
@DragonSlayer

You do realize " Elq and her 3 earth gods wanted to punish humans and wipe them out" is nor true.

Elq knew nothing of what transpired beyond the barrier that protected the world from her and vice versa.

Only Jade Nail and Ebon Candle went outside the barrier,Carma would stay with Elq until the final battle.

The author is simply rushing to cram as much info and reveals as possible now at the end.
Elq's lengthy info dump pull reveals from the 4th and 5th novels,some out of contextand are still miss-leading half explanations.

Jade Nails is behind a curtain pulling certain strings.
Niles is the one who urged a battle,Leila convinced him there was an alternative.
A splinter group responsible for world's plight.

Jun 20, 2017 12:16 PM
Jun 2017
@Anathor

The minor changes have not truly altered the direction of Chthooly's story.

The first moments of episode 1,still point how and where the anime will conclude.

The author waited this long to spring Lilya on viewers using her scene from the final novel.
So I suspect we will see the 1st vol's last chapter adapted,Alamaria will be the joker card if any changes are to happen.

Jun 20, 2017 12:19 PM

Mar 2016
Nordhammer said:
@DragonSlayer

You do realize " Elq and her 3 earth gods wanted to punish humans and wipe them out" is nor true.

Elq knew nothing of what transpired beyond the barrier that protected the world from her and vice versa.

Only Jade Nail and Ebon Candle went outside the barrier,Carma would stay with Elq until the final battle.

The author is simply rushing to cram as much info and reveals as possible now at the end.
Elq's lengthy info dump pull reveals from the 4th and 5th novels,some out of contextand are still miss-leading half explanations.

Jade Nails is behind a curtain pulling certain strings.
Niles is the one who urged a battle,Leila convinced him there was an alternative.
A splinter group responsible for world's plight.

I know its not completely true but i didn't want to spoil much (like surface info) I mean the true purpose is more like protection than punish but whatever. The 3 earth gods of course work on behalf of Elq. She's still a kid that doesn't fully understand concepts of love, death, etc...
Shishou_23Jun 20, 2017 12:23 PM
Jun 20, 2017 12:35 PM

Dec 2014
Nordhammer said:
@Anathor

The minor changes have not truly altered the direction of Chthooly's story.

The first moments of episode 1,still point how and where the anime will conclude.

The author waited this long to spring Lilya on viewers using her scene from the final novel.
So I suspect we will see the 1st vol's last chapter adapted,Alamaria will be the joker card if any changes are to happen.

I'm talking about what happens after that.
Putting spoiler tag just in case, but it's stuff that was shown in the episode and comparison to the novel part.
AnathorJun 20, 2017 12:44 PM
Jun 20, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2015
Man there is just so much going on here, I feel like the LN is much better for understand what is going on (probably should read that), even though this is one of the season's underrated shows.

Really liked the episode, having some questions answer but leaving even more to be asked.

Still super confused as to who a lot of the characters are. Little loli red Elq, Lillyia or w/e her name is (Willem's past ward or w/e), man just too much happening.

Really happy Ctholly is getting more lovin, and progress, she deserves that much at least.
YautjaJun 20, 2017 1:50 PM
Jun 20, 2017 1:47 PM

Dec 2013
Okay, now I'm a bit confused here. So Chthooly received a summon from her original soul and reunited with her original body. We found out that this original being was slain by Willem's old girlfriend Lillia, who suddenly collapsed and died right after she rammed that sword through Elq's body? Not to mention who the heck was that guy in the images who retrieved Lillia's body, and why wasn't he also fighting against Elq as well?

Then there's that cryptic message about Chthooly arriving just in time to not lose herself (her memories?), but then whats this about her disappearing?

Since we don't appear to be getting the full story here, seeing how so many LN readers are saying so, can someone just explain what exactly occured during that war 500 years ago? And just what is Chthooly's situation right now?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 20, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2015
Fucking hell, can't believe the next one will be the finale, damn it ;__;....

Jun 20, 2017 2:11 PM

Dec 2014

Lillia wasn't Willem's girlfriend she was in love with him and he definitely had feelings for her, however they never confessed to each other. Especially Willem was more interested in chasing after her strength rather than her as a girl.
Lillia also didn't die there, she and Navrutri (the guy from Elq's memory scene) managed to escape from Elq's hideout. Ofc they both died with all the other humans afterwards, as we all know.
Only Lillia had the strength to defeat Elq, as she herself said at the end of ep2 she was the strongest brave and used the strongest sword (Seniorious), which was needed to turn Elq's body into a mortal one; so no other brave followed her. Not to mention they had their own fights to deal with, like Willem vs Ebon.
The contraddiction in Elq's dialoge is anime origial, so like I said above it could mean something for the end of the series.
AnathorJun 20, 2017 2:18 PM
Jun 20, 2017 2:21 PM
Mar 2015
Great episode So poignant having Elq meet Chtholly and explaining everything to her
Jun 20, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2016
RIP kutori
in the end, nothing actually happens in the whole anime
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 20, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2014
Was that actually an attempt to explain the events that brought about the current state of affairs? That felt so rushed, vague, and ambiguous. If someone asked me what happened before the world changed, I wouldn't be able to explain shit.

Don't get me wrong though, the flashbacks are cool... it's just that this explanation was really disappointing. Basically, it didn't explain anything. It was like saying "because it was god's wish" and leaving it at that.

I'm curious to see the final episode though. I know it won't answer everything, but hopefully it'll be a solid episode in terms of wrapping up the whole Kutori thing decently.

Rant about the series in general (because things are never perfect to me lol):

I can't help feeling this series could have been a lot better with proper focus and more attention to other important plot points. Instead of being a chain of important, engaging events and plot points, the story spends too much time on shallow aspects of little relevance in the grand scheme of things. Some parts felt unnecessarily slow and didn't seem to get us anywhere.

The ambush episode was a major filler... why spend time introducing a completely irrelevant conflict and character? I could know so much more about what happened before to the world and the mc, but instead all I saw a dog-faced chick that doesn't amount to anything in the long run. The daily stuff the mc and Tiat did in town was kinda dull and pointless as well. There was no need to do that when she was basically a plot device to introduce those visions and experiences that Kutori would later go through as well. Tiat is basically irrelevant afterwards.

In great anime series, it's not common for characters to get this much attention and later turn out to be completely irrelevant to the story.
FlamepriesTJun 20, 2017 2:44 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

460 by -ODA- »»
Apr 26, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

85 by toralbabs »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.