Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 19, 2017 7:02 AM

Jun 2015
I want to start on it, but in what FUCKING order?

Lmao I did research but there were like 10000 orders.

In what order should I watch this
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 19, 2017 7:40 AM

Feb 2015
It's not that hard, OP.
UBW by ufo>wait for HF movies duh>Zero>Carnival Phantasm>anything else

You can watch Apocrypha without watching orevious entries though. You won't spoil anything and you won't be confused much, I think.
Jun 19, 2017 7:43 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Just watch Fate/Zero, the rest is overrated ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 19, 2017 7:51 AM

Sep 2014
Takamura-sama said:

What Valkyrie said. Anyone who knows anything worthwhile about the whole series will tell you the same.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 19, 2017 7:57 AM

Jun 2010
Fate/Zero & Fate/Zero 2nd season > Fate/stay night > Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Prologue > Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) & Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd season | Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Movie > (other shit related to Fate series, including Prototype, Grand Order, kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya, Apocrypha, Heaven's Feel movies)
Jun 19, 2017 4:35 PM

Aug 2010
Takamura-sama said:

ufotable's Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works -> ufotable's Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel -> Fate/Zero -> Whatever you want in any order.
Jun 19, 2017 4:45 PM

May 2015
Fate/Zero > Fate/Zero 2nd Season > Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Kitchen Works Prologue > Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Kitchen Works (TV series) > Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Kitchen Works 2nd season > Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel > Carnival Phantasm > Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma Illya > Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei > Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz > Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei > And then everything else...
Jun 19, 2017 4:55 PM

Apr 2015
Super easy version:
Fate/Zero, followed by Either F/SN UBW or the Heaven's Feel films once they're all released. Ignore all else.

Less-easy verison.
Fate/Zero, followed by F/SN UBW, then Heaven's Feel Films. Then tackle Fate/Apocrypha (and later Fate/Extra) if you're interested.

Full version:
Fate/Zero, F/SN UBW, Heaven's Feel Films, F/SN 2006. Fate/Kalied S1-S4, Fate/Kalied Movie, Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jun 19, 2017 7:44 PM

Mar 2017
InsaneLeader13 said:
Super easy version:
Fate/Zero, followed by Either F/SN UBW or the Heaven's Feel films once they're all released. Ignore all else.

Less-easy verison.
Fate/Zero, followed by F/SN UBW, then Heaven's Feel Films. Then tackle Fate/Apocrypha (and later Fate/Extra) if you're interested.

Full version:
Fate/Zero, F/SN UBW, Heaven's Feel Films, F/SN 2006. Fate/Kalied S1-S4, Fate/Kalied Movie, Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra.

You forgot Carnival Phantasm. It's a must watch for any Fate fag.

Also, you can play/read the original Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel and you can skip the anime just fine.
Jun 20, 2017 12:30 AM

Jul 2007
Takamura-sama said:

There's literally the thread stickied in the subforums of ubw:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1387017

TLDR:
- You can't just watch main Fate works because only fate zero has good adaptation. All FSN adaptations are incomprehensible trash requiring source material to be understood.
- Fate Zero spoils 99% of FSN completely so whoever recommends to start with it is giving out terribly bad advice.
- So You either read the goddamn Visual Novel(and then watch fate zero) OR just watch fate zero and don't bother with anything else.
- Apocrypha and other spin offs don't require "main" works but knowing FSN stuff would still enhance it.
AhenshihaelJun 20, 2017 12:49 AM
Jun 20, 2017 12:47 AM

Apr 2016
"There is no order to the Fate series"
Jun 20, 2017 1:45 AM

Apr 2016
The ONLY way to watch them is in release date order: Fate/stay night -> Fate/Zero -> Fate/Unlimited Blade Works
(Everything else like Fate/kaleid whatever bullshit is absolutely non canon and shouldn't have "fate" in their name)
Jun 20, 2017 1:47 AM

Jun 2010
Destrotant said:
Nate said:
Fate/Zero & Fate/Zero 2nd season > Fate/stay night > [...]

Uh, preferably without Fate/stay night. UBW is fine, but I wouldn't recommend watching F/sn to anyone.

OP asked for order, not recommendation.
Jun 20, 2017 1:50 AM

Feb 2015
MrGrospelan said:
The ONLY way to watch them is in release date order: Fate/stay night -> Fate/Zero -> Fate/Unlimited Blade Works
(Everything else like Fate/kaleid whatever bullshit is absolutely non canon and shouldn't have "fate" in their name)

>shitting on Kaleid
Heresy.

Also it is canon and it doesn't matter if you hate it or not.
Jun 20, 2017 2:09 AM

Jul 2007
If the laughable malarkey that is FGO with its santa claus servants and all the juvenile nonsense is supposedly canon, then an actually well written story like Kaleid for sure is.
Jun 20, 2017 2:26 AM

Oct 2013
This is just my opinion, but DON'T watch Fate/stay night before Fate/Zero.
It will, literally, spoil you the final battle of Fate/Zero and what happened to the main characters.

The order I recommend is: Fate/Zero > Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works TV (Rin's Route) > Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel Movies (Sakura's Route)

You can also watch Fate/stay night (2006) (Saber's Route), if you want, but it's a poor adaptation, since it mixes all the three routes. Despite of that, it was enjoyable.

Extras: The order is irrelevant - Fate/kaleid Prisma Illya, Fate/Grand Order, Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Prototype, Fate/Extra and Carnival Phantasm.
Jun 20, 2017 3:35 AM

Jul 2007
Suzuka said:
It will, literally, spoil you the final battle of Fate/Zero and what happened to the main characters.

Except that Zero expects you to know how it ends from the very start and is written with the idea that you know what it is leading to.

Watching Zero first literally spoils 99% of all plotpoints and plot twists in FSN.
Jun 20, 2017 1:43 PM

Jan 2015
tip: Don't listen to anything Fai guy says relating Fate series if you want to enjoy watching anime from Fate franchise, cuz he doesn't want you to. You're welcome.
FrozenkexJun 20, 2017 2:23 PM
Jun 20, 2017 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
I mean it's not difficult to go and follow the series.

There are standalone series in some sense though but for order I guess.

F/Z > Fate stay/night UBW

the others from what I'm aware of you can just watch them separately. xD
Jun 20, 2017 8:39 PM

Feb 2016
You should only watch Fate/zero, I think that's the only worth to watch
Jun 21, 2017 3:04 AM
Apr 2015
Just play fate stay night game .Ignore the rest . The rest just money milking machine for company anyway
Jun 22, 2017 1:08 AM
Dec 2012
Fate/Zero > Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works TV

That's all you need to watch for now before watching Fate/Apocrypha.

Enjoy.
Jun 22, 2017 7:24 PM

Mar 2016
Fai said:
Suzuka said:

Except that Zero expects you to know how it ends from the very start and is written with the idea that you know what it is leading to.

Watching Zero first literally spoils 99% of all plotpoints and plot twists in FSN.

I watched zero first and I didn't think it spoiled any of the major plot points for UBW at least. Aparently it's more heavens feel spoilers

Also zero makes a great story going in blind, but I'm not sure how good it is if you know the ending already

So op basically go either order because not everyone agrees on a best order
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2017 11:32 PM
Jul 2018
In order of release its:

Fate/stay night
Fate/zero
Fate/unlimited blade works
(The one coming out in summer)

I haven't watched much but I've heard ubw and sn are the same story told in a different perspective

(This is without movies etc)
Jun 23, 2017 12:21 AM

Jul 2007
Extect said:

I watched zero first and I didn't think it spoiled any of the major plot points for UBW at least. Aparently it's more heavens feel spoilers

It spoils everything in HF and Fate. Since there's no fate adaptation, it spoils fate reveals for UBW too alongside ubw ones - namely these ones for UBW:

Overall it spoils A LOT of entire FSN:

That's literally entirety of FSN storyline. Pretty much the ONLY thing it does not spoil is FSN-Archer. The main story of FSN is about the protagonist, along with the audience, slowly figuring out what happened ten years ago and what is going on. Hell for HF,

Also zero makes a great story going in blind, but I'm not sure how good it is if you know the ending already

Second half of Zero is incomprehensible mess going in blind. Because story assumes you already know inner workings of grail system and all that stuff from FSN.

Except that it is not matter of some subjective opinion or choice. Fate Zero is written as a prequel to FSN, AFTER FSN was released with intent of expanding upon FSN reveals. Fate Zero is bonus material to FSN. The fact that only fate zero has a good adaptation does not change anything.
There's a reason why Zero LN has literal warning in it's first page warning the reader that they should play FSN beforehand or be confused.
AhenshihaelJun 23, 2017 12:27 AM
Jun 23, 2017 4:53 AM

Mar 2016
Fai said:
Extect said:

It spoils everything in HF and Fate. Since there's no fate adaptation, it spoils fate reveals for UBW too alongside ubw ones - namely these ones for UBW:

Overall it spoils A LOT of entire FSN:

That's literally entirety of FSN storyline. Pretty much the ONLY thing it does not spoil is FSN-Archer. The main story of FSN is about the protagonist, along with the audience, slowly figuring out what happened ten years ago and what is going on. Hell for HF,

Second half of Zero is incomprehensible mess going in blind. Because story assumes you already know inner workings of grail system and all that stuff from FSN.

Except that it is not matter of some subjective opinion or choice. Fate Zero is written as a prequel to FSN, AFTER FSN was released with intent of expanding upon FSN reveals. Fate Zero is bonus material to FSN. The fact that only fate zero has a good adaptation does not change anything.
There's a reason why Zero LN has literal warning in it's first page warning the reader that they should play FSN beforehand or be confused.

I followed the second half quite well still.
Also as heavens feel isn't out yet, everyone already knows all that stuff before they've seen it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2017 9:52 AM
Jun 2016
1. fate/stay night (2006)
2. Fate/Zero
3. Fate/Stay night UBW (ufotable)
4. wait for heavens feel movies

???? this some where
Jun 23, 2017 12:34 PM

Oct 2013
Extect said:
Fai said:

Yes, it was because of that that I was recommending watching Fate/Zero first.
Knowing the ending beforehand will ruin the experience for you, because you already know which servants and masters are going to be defeated. Are you going to waste your time watching an anime that you already know how it's going to end? I think it's a waste of time.

Also, ufotable made the UBW adaptation assuming that the viewers watched F/Z first, as you can see by the flashbacks they show during the series.
SuzukaJun 23, 2017 1:10 PM
Jun 23, 2017 6:46 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Even after reading all the comments it's still a bit confusing. smh people will never agree on the best way for a newcomer to watch the series.
Jun 23, 2017 7:05 PM
Sep 2015
AntwanMantilla said:
Even after reading all the comments it's still a bit confusing. smh people will never agree on the best way for a newcomer to watch the series.

The only people who will tell you to watch Zero first are the anime only folks. Anyone who's read the VN will tell you to read it first, then watch Zero, since the events of the latter are presented as major twists in F/SN (including the routes that don't have an anime adaptation yet) and assumes you have already read the VN, thus spoiling quite a few of those twists in the very first episode.
Jun 23, 2017 10:55 PM

Jul 2007
Why do people who do not know better ALWAYS pretend to know better when it comes to fate watch orders. Its literally unique to this franchise. Its ridiculous because it is not something up to a debate or discussion, its not something subjective.

VN readers and veterans will always state the obvious and fact-based order and then random anime-only people will suddenly rush in and go "watch zero first tho" without any actual basis for that.

Suzuka said:

Knowing the ending beforehand will ruin the experience for you, because you already know which servants and masters are going to be defeated. Are you going to waste your time watching an anime that you already know how it's going to end? I think it's a waste of time.

EXCEPT THAT
THE STORY IS WRITTEN WITH THE IDEA THAT YOU ALREADY KNOW IT.

The very basis of the genre that Zero's narrative belongs to is all about focus on journey with already predetermined outcome. . The ending does not matter in a Greek tragedy narrative. What matters is the road taken towards and how it comes together into a disaster.

Zero is a story about bunch of idiots with tunnel vision and inability to change going towards predetermined outcome, the "zero point" at which the actual story started. Anime even uses a literal freaking countdown to it.

Its all about seeing them make all the wrong decisions leading to situation one already knows contextualizing and expanding upon the revelations from FSN.

Knowing Anakin becomes Darth Vader does not ruin prequel movies(bad writing does), it only enhances experience and same here.

Also, ufotable made the UBW adaptation assuming that the viewers watched F/Z first, as you can see by the flashbacks they show during the series.

Factually incorrect.
They did not add anything that was not in VN and they outright stated that they are not making it as sequel to fate zero. If anything it requires VN to be understood because UBW failed at being a good adaptation. Zero has absolutely nothing to do with UBW.

And no, you do not "see those flashbacks because of zero", you see zero because of those flashbacks. Most of them are already in VN because guess what, FSN's main story IS about Shirou(and the readers) figuring out what the hell happened during fourth war.
AhenshihaelJun 23, 2017 11:14 PM
Jun 24, 2017 1:05 AM
Jul 2012
I'd highly recommend to read the VN first and go from there. I certainly wish I did. If you enjoy the story then reading isn't a difficult task -- it just takes time. Fate's not the best VN but it had me engaged when I was reading it. But if you don't want to take the time do that, then you can go randomly pick one of the orders listed here in this thread and watch from there. In the end, you'd probably figure out what is going on in the fate-verse to some extent.
Jun 24, 2017 1:27 AM

Sep 2014
AntwanMantilla said:

It depends on who you're willing to trust; people who've read the VN, probably read interviews concerning Fate, most likely tread on other part of the universe+multiverse, and know their stuffs, OR anime-only's who've only watched FZ and UBW and practically know nothing in the greater view of things.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jun 24, 2017 3:05 AM

Oct 2013
Fai said:
Why do people who do not know better ALWAYS pretend to know better when it comes to fate watch orders. Its literally unique to this franchise. Its ridiculous because it is not something up to a debate or discussion, its not something subjective.

VN readers and veterans will always state the obvious and fact-based order and then random anime-only people will suddenly rush in and go "watch zero first tho" without any actual basis for that.

Suzuka said:

EXCEPT THAT
THE STORY IS WRITTEN WITH THE IDEA THAT YOU ALREADY KNOW IT.

The very basis of the genre that Zero's narrative belongs to is all about focus on journey with already predetermined outcome. . The ending does not matter in a Greek tragedy narrative. What matters is the road taken towards and how it comes together into a disaster.

Zero is a story about bunch of idiots with tunnel vision and inability to change going towards predetermined outcome, the "zero point" at which the actual story started. Anime even uses a literal freaking countdown to it.

Its all about seeing them make all the wrong decisions leading to situation one already knows contextualizing and expanding upon the revelations from FSN.

Knowing Anakin becomes Darth Vader does not ruin prequel movies(bad writing does), it only enhances experience and same here.

Factually incorrect.
They did not add anything that was not in VN and they outright stated that they are not making it as sequel to fate zero. If anything it requires VN to be understood because UBW failed at being a good adaptation. Zero has absolutely nothing to do with UBW.

And no, you do not "see those flashbacks because of zero", you see zero because of those flashbacks. Most of them are already in VN because guess what, FSN's main story IS about Shirou(and the readers) figuring out what the hell happened during fourth war.

Just calm down, you don't have to be so agressive towards everyone that has a different opinion from you. In fact it's up to the owner of this thread to watch the order he prefers.

That's funny. Actually I watched Fate/Zero before Fate/stay night UBW and Fate/stay night (2006), and then I played the visual novel. And you know a thing? It didn't affect my enjoyment and experience of the series at ALL. The only relevant spoiler for me was that

But I have to agree with you in one thing... the final of Fate/Zero was a bit difficult to understand without having watched/played F/SN.
SuzukaJun 24, 2017 3:17 AM
Jun 24, 2017 3:07 AM

Aug 2015
Personally, I would recommend playing the VN as the anime doesn't cover every and all routes, regardless, here's a good visual guide for both the Anime and the VN order.

Source: Reddit Thread, you're pretty safe as long as you avoid that horrible adaptation made by DEEN back in 2006 :)
Jun 24, 2017 3:18 AM

Sep 2014
Suzuka said:

There's not a perfect order for watching Fate/series. It's complicated because you're going to be spoiled either way. It's impossible not to be :/

Nope, there certainly IS a perfect order. Which DOESN'T spoil you. Saying FSN spoils you for FZ is like saying the Prologue of Romeo and Juliet spoils you for the play. It doesn't - it's intentionally used for dramatic irony. FZ has always been and will always be a cookie for the people who've played FSN. Whether it's a good book or adaptation doesn't matter - it's still a cookie that comes last. If it were meant to be watched first, it would've been made first. But it wasn't, it was made after the VN, like Extra, like Apo, e.t.c Watching FZ first is like reading fanfiction without experiencing the original franchise. Sure, you can enjoy it, but it's simply not the correct way to go at it. It complements FSN, not the other way round. Meaning, that any 'spoilers' should be of FZ not of FSN.

Also, you'll never know if it's spoiled your experience or not because you don't know how fun another you found it when watching Zero last.
mira-pyonJun 24, 2017 10:36 AM
Jun 24, 2017 7:33 AM

Jun 2014
You don't, that's the best way.
:3
Jun 24, 2017 8:04 AM

Jul 2015
I am going to recommend you the path in which I followed the Fate series....

So I watched it like this: UBW > Fate/stay night (2006) - though you can easily skip anime adaptation of studio Deen > Fate/Zero

After that, the rest of the spin offs and side stories like upcoming Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/kaleid, Fate/Grand Order and the rest you can watch indenpendently of the others.

Jun 24, 2017 8:16 AM

Feb 2013
I watched them from the chronological order, but I don't think that was the good choice.
I would suggest following the sequel and prequel system from MAL.
Jun 24, 2017 2:42 PM
Jan 2010
The only way to ensure you're not exposed to plot points earlier than intended is going with the order the works were released. This goes for every series, movie, novel and manga.

So if you want to do it proper, start with the visual novel. After that you can watch anything you want. If you can't stand it, go FSN anime (not so good) first -> ufotable UBW -> wait for HF -> zero.

And for those who say watching in whatever order didn't affect your experience - how is that possible? Your viewing experience WILL be different if you watch a series knowing something you shouldn't know, or not knowing something you should.
Jun 24, 2017 7:12 PM

Apr 2017
This is The Chronological Order OP :

Fate/Apocrypha - On second thought maybe try at least wait it until it aired.
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night (Fate)
Fate/Stay Night (UBW)
Fate/Stay Night (Heaven's Feel) - Wait till it''s Aired

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 24, 2017 11:50 PM

Jul 2007
RnDNEET021 said:
This is The Chronological Order OP :

Fate/Apocrypha - On second thought maybe try at least wait it until it aired.
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night (Fate)
Fate/Stay Night (UBW)
Fate/Stay Night (Heaven's Feel) - Wait till it''s Aired

You are joking right?

Apocrypha has literally nothing to do with FSN storyline. Its a separate timeline that splits off way before any relevant FSN events happen.
Jun 25, 2017 1:42 AM
Nov 2015
You know, Fai, I've seen a lot of your posts in Fate anime sub-threads. I'm starting to genuinely be confused as to whether you like this franchise or have a massive, raging hate boner for it that can only be subdued by shitting on the anime adaptations any opportunity you get. The "advice" that you offered the OP of this thread in your first post is literally useless - they never expressed a desire to get into the source material, and neither did they ask for anybody's opinions as to the quality of the anime adaptations. All you've contributed to this thread is poisoning the well and starting a quasi-flame war.

OP, I think you've received sufficient advice here, but the long story short is that you can start watching Fate with either ufotable adaptation or Deen's 2k6, and after that go wherever you please with this franchise. Fate has no "watch order" in the traditional sense because of the clusterfuck that has been its adaptations over time. I personally watched UBW, Zero, F/Kaleid, F/GO, and then 2k6, but there are plenty who watched Zero first and enjoyed it. Likewise, I know there are those who became fans of Fate after watching Deen's 2k6 adaptation, so you can go that route as well (though I personally wouldn't recommend it, as its age definitely shows).
Jun 25, 2017 6:56 AM

Sep 2009
Just watch the loli magical girl one np
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 25, 2017 5:20 PM
May 2016
Nate said:
Fate/Zero & Fate/Zero 2nd season > Fate/stay night > Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Prologue > Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) & Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd season | Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Movie > (other shit related to Fate series, including Prototype, Grand Order, kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya, Apocrypha, Heaven's Feel movies)

I'd leave liner Prisma illya out of that list of others, that series is extremely different fron the rest and is pretty disgusting.
Jun 25, 2017 9:19 PM

Aug 2010
NG_Calen said:
Nate said:

I'd leave liner Prisma illya out of that list of others, that series is extremely different fron the rest and is pretty disgusting.

If we're talking about the Fate series in general, that's not even remotely true. Most of Hollow Ataraxia and some of Grand Order alone make that case on their own.

Also:
astroprogsJun 25, 2017 9:23 PM
Jun 26, 2017 3:48 AM

Jul 2007
NG_Calen said:
Nate said:

if we are talking about taking out then the one to be taken out should be the FGO ova since its pretty much a low quality ad for a mobile game.

Prisma Illya is easily the best nasuverse has to offer right now.
Jun 26, 2017 9:02 AM

Mar 2015
Watching it in release is your best bet, right now OP. (2006 -> Zero -> UfoUBW -> UfoHF)

Spin offs like Apo can be watched without the main series knowledge.
Jun 26, 2017 12:52 PM
May 2016
astroprogs said:
NG_Calen said:

If we're talking about the Fate series in general, that's not even remotely true. Most of Hollow Ataraxia and some of Grand Order alone make that case on their own.

Also:

I'm not going to say that kaleid doesn't have cool parts in it, I found the plot interesting, it had pretty cool action scenes, and I started to enjoy the characters in episodes 4-10, but then they introduced Kuro and the everything collapsed. Nothing really happened in seasons 2 and 3 until the very end of both seasons. Kuro herself seems to only be there for fanservice sake and killing time, because Kuro has nothing to do with the overarching story as far as I know, and honestly, I'm pretty sure that based on the writing around Kuro and the fact that no one could live life with her forever, I THINK that at some point she'll probably die, which I would sadly be happy with. I really hated Kuro's introduction, which whenever I think about it, makes me angry. By introduction, I'm referring to the scene where she drains Miyu, it makes me hate Kuro, because forcibly kissing someone is a horrible thing to do, it makes me hate the writers for thinking it was a good idea, presenting it the way the did, and drawing it out, which that makes me hate Illya for standing there blankly, yes it would be confusing, but I feel like the average person would actually do something, and it makes me feel sad for Miyu because the story is objectifying her, and she was CRYING, there were tears in her eyes!

I tried to watch this series, I made it to about episode 5 of season 4, when I was done with it. The series spent too much time on episodes that did nothing, which I'm all for a good slice of life story, but those episodes added little to then characters. If they were given more opinions, likes and dislikes, you know, depth, then that would've been better, but they spent their time on messed up fanservice, baking bread, or getting mad that kuro stole their first kisses, which I hadn't cared about, because I felt that they were making a mountain out of a mole hill. This rant was very disorganized, because I'm terrible at segways, and staying on topi-SQUIRREL........topic.
Jun 26, 2017 1:37 PM

Aug 2010
@NG_Calen Well, that thing with Kuro is that she's supposed to mirror Illya's personality in F/SN, but to the extreme. If you've read the VN, you'll see that Illya there isn't exactly known for respecting boundries and privacy. She's usually too busy watching Berserker tear apart your entrails.
Kuro having this sexual nature is mostly played for laughs in the manga. It's the anime that took that and upped it to a ridiculous degree.
You can see the discrepancy between what actually happened on screen and the comedic nature of Illya's reaction. It's supposed to be short, fleeting and not look this graphic, so you're not really meant to take it seriously.

You REALLY should finish season 4, though. If you really wanted more depth out of this story, the events of the last 3 episodes should give you exactly what you want.

The thing about Prisma Illya is that it's a story about innocent kids who desperately want to remain normal and live a happy life despite their past that keeps throwing unfathomable and unreasonable hardships on them. SoL is crucial to such a story because... well, once the shit hits the fan and the story turns full Fate, you can't truly appreciate the happy times if you haven't seen these characters live them.

And to be fair, seeing how more than half of season 3 is anime-original filler, i can see the argument that they kinda overdid it with the SoL. Still though, i feel that it really pays off once the story takes the gloves off at the end of season 4.

In short, Prisma Illya's core story in the anime got derailed from time to time by the excessive anime-original fanservice and filler, but once 3rei starts, the story once again takes the front seat.
I don't want to spoil you on the events of 3rei that happen later on, but I'll just say that there's a reason people call 3rei "Heaven's Feel 2.0". If you're not watching the series for the lightheartedness, 3rei delivers on the typical more serious Fate-esque atmosphere and dilemmas.
I'll just recommend you finish 3rei and watch the trailer i posted above to see the direction the story is going.
astroprogsJun 26, 2017 1:47 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.