Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, more moments between Tennouji and Kagari this episode. Didn't take long for is investigation to lead his encounter to her. The info dump about re-evolution was kinda interesting although I face palmed myself a bit when Kagari told Tennouji what his "reward" would be if he succeeds in saving the planet.

I think the episode was okay to show more of Tennouji's next move and his involvement in Gaia. His abilities seems to have improved too. Jasmine also seems to be worried about him. Not bad for the buildup and what Tennouji's investigations have led him too. I want to give Kotori a hug D:
Stark700Mar 4, 2017 8:09 AM
Mar 4, 2017 8:24 AM

Jun 2016
Happy to see new Kagari x Kotarou moments. Still confused about the chronology of the story.

Sad for Kotori, Kotarou was such an asshole in this episode.
Mar 4, 2017 8:29 AM

Jan 2012
Reunited with Kagari. Fond memories to save the world eh? And working both sides. Nice to see Kotori again. You tell that asshole, girl! God was he a prick to her! And fuck his reasons for it!
Mar 4, 2017 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
I liked how blunt Kotarou was, he doesnt sugarcoat his words and tells it straight to her face, Im with him in this, Kotori basically made her parents zombies, that wasnt cool.
Mar 4, 2017 8:34 AM

Jan 2015
Fondle but not stay anonymous for the history? Oh no, Koutarou. That's a tough "offer" Kagari gave you as a reward. And yet, the effect might excruciatingly painful.
Right when I thought this will be some fond memory-making episode just like Kagari ask for, then Kotori came and start to talk about her parents and then Koutarou ask about... CONTRACT. :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 4, 2017 9:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kotarou deserves a nice punch in the face for making Kotori cry like that
Mar 4, 2017 9:41 AM

Jun 2013
Another great episode. The overall direction was simply amazing.

Loved the Kagari x Kotarou moments and how they portrayed the seriousness of Kagari about the fond memories.

I can say that this part was even better here than in the VN.
Mar 4, 2017 9:45 AM
Aug 2013
Murasa22 said:
I can say that this part was even better here than in the VN.

The hell? For real? Damn horriblesubs delay.
Mar 4, 2017 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
well tennoji is part of both the organizations..things are getting developed fast I guess....
Mar 4, 2017 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
The establishment of Kotarou and Kagari's relationship was pretty sloppy in this. I was hoping they'd show us what happened when he actually confronted Kagari in the forest, but guess anime-onlies will have to live with the reasoning that he's helping her out just because she has the power to save poor ol' chikyuu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
Tennouji is working as a triple agent to save the world. His reward is amusing. He was very blunt with his words. He made Kotori cry.
Mar 4, 2017 11:27 AM

Aug 2010
My poor little Kotori ;_;
Mar 4, 2017 11:35 AM

Dec 2011
Amazing Kotori crying scene
Mar 4, 2017 11:49 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode. Thought that it would be 2 different paths so then a little question shouldn't be Guardian and Gaia be kinda suspicious, he said about his cover for Guardian and i assume that it was small branch for Gaia, but i don't think that it should be that simple (well still minor thing). Was really interesting to see different Kotarou, Kagari and Kotori. I assume that Kotori said that nobody was nice to her except her parents is because she was (so) smart so other children were avoiding her or the other way. But then she changed a lot in high-school, should be some important reason/event, i think i didn't miss something again.
Still have main question(s), but will wait till the end.
Mar 4, 2017 11:59 AM
Jun 2014
allenjke said:
But then she changed a lot in high-school, should be some important reason/event, i think i didn't miss something again.

Kotarou finally woke up from his coma. Kotori's been living on her own for ten years in the common route.
Mar 4, 2017 12:08 PM

Jun 2015
Kotarou has to pay for making my lil baby cry...
If kotori cries I'll cry too..
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 4, 2017 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
Fencel said:
allenjke said:
But then she changed a lot in high-school, should be some important reason/event, i think i didn't miss something again.

Kotarou finally woke up from his coma. Kotori's been living on her own for ten years in the common route.

He will get killed/seriously injured later or you mean that when he was riding with Kotori and her family that day (and here then i wanted to question whethe there is an option to save her parents, but thought it's too much and mb there would've been game choices), i thought it is another line with different events so she won't be cheerful in this line (if it will be shown). And i think something should be put under spoiler, i just don't know what.
Mar 4, 2017 12:21 PM
Jun 2014
allenjke said:
Fencel said:

He will get killed/seriously injured later or you mean that when he was riding with Kotori and her family that day (and here then i wanted to question whethe there is an option to save her parents, but thought it's too much and mb there would've been game choices), i thought it is another line with different events so she won't be cheerful in this line (if it will be shown). And i think something should be put under spoiler, i just don't know what.

It was explained back in episode 3 of the second season that on the day Kotarou first met Kagari during the search for the Key in episode 6, he tried to eliminate Kagari and was lethally injured in return. Kotori, who was also present at the birth of the Key, borrowed the Key's power to heal Kotarou and this sent him into a ten-year long coma, which is what led to the timeline of season 1.

In this new timeline, Kotarou opted to leave the Key alone, resulting in the current chain of events.

Kotori's personality actually hasn't changed much, she's just putting on a cheerful facade, same as S1 Kotarou.
Mar 4, 2017 12:24 PM

Jan 2015
allenjke said:
Fencel said:

Kotarou was in coma because when he found Kagari in forest, he tried to kill her instead of let her go, then Kagari attacked him.

Arikado-Mar 4, 2017 12:37 PM
Mar 4, 2017 12:38 PM

Jul 2012
@Fencel @Arikado- Ok thanks for explaining, i assumed that it was that different choice.
Mar 4, 2017 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
Poor Kotori :(

I'm not sure how "creating fond memories" turns into stopping Gaia and Guardian in Kotarou's mind, but ok...

âśľ anime list
âśľ manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
âśľ APC
âśľ Anime Advocates
Mar 4, 2017 12:47 PM
Jun 2014
blixie said:
Poor Kotori :(

I'm not sure how "creating fond memories" turns into stopping Gaia and Guardian in Kotarou's mind, but ok...

Kagari explained that conflict between homo-sapiens is a sad memory, and so Kotarou makes the connection that the world-wide war between various factions of Guardian and Gaia are the main source of sad memories, further making the connection that halting the sources of the sad memories would constitute as a fond memory. It's really all he has to go by at this point.
Mar 4, 2017 1:12 PM
Mar 2016
So, the part where Kotarou dies will come next, since he does promise to give Kagari some nice memories.
Mar 4, 2017 1:15 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode.

Nice to see Koutarou reunited with Kagari, so we need good memories to save the planet? Well that's cool I guess.

It was nice seeing Koutarou infiltrating Gaia, that was kinda cool.

Damn, Koutarou was pretty hard on both Kagari and Kotori this episode, Kotori crying was sad. :( Though, I guess I do get why Koutarou was being harsh to both of them but as it stands he surely could have been nicer to Kotori and told her off a little more nicely.
Mar 4, 2017 1:24 PM

Jun 2013
separated by a "Key" XD

Mar 4, 2017 1:24 PM

Aug 2012
This might've been the best episode so far from an overall directional/storytelling standpoint. Pacing was really impressive, it covered quite a bit and didn't feel messy to me at all. Even animation was noticeably better.

And yeah, Kotori's scene was more emotional than in the VN.
Mar 4, 2017 2:09 PM
Jun 2011
AlexTheRiot said:
This might've been the best episode so far from an overall directional/storytelling standpoint. Pacing was really impressive, it covered quite a bit and didn't feel messy to me at all. Even animation was noticeably better.

And yeah, Kotori's scene was more emotional than in the VN.
as someone who was reading the VN i understend why anime only pepole are mad at kotaru
Mar 4, 2017 2:12 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Damn, Kotori crying really hit me at the end. Kotarou is right though, i can't blame him for his words. That was emotional, best scene of this episode.
Mar 4, 2017 4:04 PM

Aug 2014
And so it begins, quite a solid episode considering how much just happened in this one alone.
Mar 4, 2017 5:53 PM

May 2015
It seems like it's just getting better and better from the previous episode on. Kotori's moment was quite the painful and emotional one...

Mar 4, 2017 6:59 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing episode !!!!
Mar 4, 2017 8:59 PM

Dec 2015
Everyone here doesn't like the new Kotarou here, but I actually like him, I like how truthful and blunt he is
Mar 4, 2017 10:22 PM

Jul 2016
Episodes are getting better. Kotarou surely frank with his words.

I wonder how Kotori's parents die, is it an accident? or caused by someone?.
Mar 5, 2017 5:06 AM

Feb 2014
Ouch. Kotarou was very blunt to Kotori about reviving her parents. Sure, his tone and choices of words did make her cry and honestly, he did go a bit far there, but I'm with Kotarou here. Kotori might've revived her parents as a way to make it easier for her to live and all, but she's pretty much made them into monsters now.

If she had any plans to making her parents integrate with other people, then things would get really awkward and messy. =/

Hopefully both Kotarou and Kotori will eventually work together with Kagari and get the plan of making fond memories into motion. Plus, I do want to see Kotarou to get his pervy reward myself! =P

Great episode overall. =)
Mar 5, 2017 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
cronoSpirA said:
Episodes are getting better. Kotarou surely frank with his words.

I wonder how Kotori's parents die, is it an accident? or caused by someone?.

It was basically an accident. Haven't seen the episode yet but can confirm from what I read from the source material.
Mar 5, 2017 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode as usual. Really cool learning more about Gaia's side.

This Kagari is hilariously unreasonable.

Felt really bad for Kotori at the end. She needs a hug!
Mar 5, 2017 8:13 PM
Oct 2007
Kotarou is like someone that has lost his humanity. Fond memories and he can't find any.. let's see there is many fond memories for her to experience.

Saving the girl and the other kids and giving them a home.
The happiness of a wedding
Couples dating
Parents taking there child out
The birth of a child.

Many possible fond memories yet he is so inhuman he can't even see what fond memories are anymore.
Mar 6, 2017 11:33 AM

Feb 2013
molitar said:
Kotarou is like someone that has lost his humanity. Fond memories and he can't find any.. let's see there is many fond memories for her to experience.

Saving the girl and the other kids and giving them a home.
The happiness of a wedding
Couples dating
Parents taking there child out
The birth of a child.

Many possible fond memories yet he is so inhuman he can't even see what fond memories are anymore.

This is not what helps though. If those were enough, the world would have been saved already.
Mar 6, 2017 7:01 PM
Jul 2016
MIUUZICK said:
Happy to see new Kagari x Kotarou moments. Still confused about the chronology of the story.

Sad for Kotori, Kotarou was such an asshole in this episode.

Chronology.

First season and all those flashbacks that you saw when Kotarou was in the Moon happens at the same time.

Chapter 1-3 of second season is after the first season.

There are millions of years of difference between chapter 3 and chapter 4.

If Kotarou had attacked Kagari in chapter 6 of the second season, then Kotarou would be slashed and put to a near death state.
Kotori would put Kagari's ribbon on Kotarou healing his injury, but transforming him into her monster.
Kotarou transformed into a monster has a serious brain damage that Kotori wasn't able to heal and he will fall into a long coma where he doesn't age thanks to the ribbon's power.
Akane who got a liking to Kotarou will eventually heal a part of Kotarou's brain using her Gaia's saint power waking him from the coma.
Guardian comes to interrogate Kotarou, but Kotarou won't remember them due to his brain damage (Akane was only able to wake him up).
Kotarou will feel that is dangerous to reveal his power so he will lie to Guardian agents and they will think that he lost his powers.
Guardian uses Shizuru to remove Kotarou's memories about that interrogation (my theory only).
Guardian will fake Kotarou's real age to match it with his mental and physical age while everyone who knows his condition will hide that truth so Kotarou can live his normal life.
Kotarou falls in love with Kotori but Kotori will reject him thinking that he only loves her because he is her monster.
Akane will invite Kotarou to the Okaken so he can have a fun school life since she is still slightly attached to Kotarou.
Shit happens and the world is destroyed. This time the world won't have a next chance since this was the last one.
End of the story. This is basically what happens in the first season, minus the part where Kotarou goes to the Moon.
JanusVonMariaMar 6, 2017 7:05 PM
Mar 7, 2017 9:53 AM

Sep 2015
Ah wish i forgot about Terra because its hard to see everything again now
Murasa22 said:
separated by a "Key" XD

Hot Kotarou is fine too
Into the Internet!
Mar 7, 2017 9:54 AM

May 2010
OtakuOne said:
Everyone here doesn't like the new Kotarou here, but I actually like him, I like how truthful and blunt he is

Same here! Terra Kotarou is easily my favourite, cold, blunt, but also caring deep inside. I can't believe that people are calling him just an asshole... I mean I know he COULD have been nicer, but after spending 2 years at war, enduring whole stress he is under right now, caring pretty much the weight of SAVING THE FREAKING PLANET, I can see why he was rather furious. Calling him just an ass doesn't really do him justice imo.
And I know, I know, Kotori doesn't know any better, but she IS doing pretty gruesome thing when you think about it, pretty much making her parents' corpses walk around and all that.

Ahh I love dat face <3

Great episode!
Mar 7, 2017 10:58 AM
Jul 2016
ZBlastHistory said:
Ah wish i forgot about Terra because its hard to see everything again now
Murasa22 said:
separated by a "Key" XD

Hot Kotarou is fine too

Hottarou. Definitely Hottarou.
Mar 7, 2017 8:39 PM

Jun 2013
P R E C I O U S .... M E M O R I E S
Mar 8, 2017 7:36 AM

Mar 2017
Is it just me or does this episode really feel rushed for some reason?
Mar 8, 2017 9:42 AM

Apr 2015
ramareds18 said:
Is it just me or does this episode really feel rushed for some reason?

No, it's not just you.
Mar 8, 2017 8:36 PM
Mar 2012
so much stuff
Kagari smells very "green" lol. She's unusually impatience this timeline, maybe due to realization that a "re-evolution" would fail.
Gaia full of defeatist emos, but has two factions Kotarou could use against them.
Txting with Yasmin was really weird like they're on two different wavelengths.
He's shouldering too much burden on his own, stressed out people naturally comes with terrible temper. He's correct but not right to treat Kotori like that. He did forego the torch-choice to stop their family trip, so they end up dead like terra timeline.
Mar 8, 2017 9:30 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Wow, he made Kotori cry, sad to see her in tears. I don't blame him for feeling angry. I like the change in his character, feels fresh in my opinion.

Blushing Kagari was so adorable.

Mar 10, 2017 1:48 AM

Oct 2008
Must be hard for Koutarou to fix all this without the whole Earth getting killed-off again or earth earth getting killed-off resources.
4/5.

Mar 10, 2017 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
Just got done with the episode and this is probably the best one of the show, from the storyboarding towards the voice acting, especially Chiwa Saito's performance in the last scenes of the episode.

Now for the entire situation as to why Kotarou acts like that towards Kotori is rather understandable, considering she just transformed her parents into monsters of course he would be worried, there's a lot of reasons as to why.

But man I won't mention much but I can't wait when people will see me complain when we get to a specific scene in the anime, that's when I really get mad at Kotarou... once again XD (I mean he's well written still as a main character, but there's something that pissed me off from him later on)
Mar 17, 2017 4:40 AM

Mar 2009
My heart broke for Kotori at the end. Her crying hurt my soul. Props to the seiyuu for that strong performance.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.