Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2016 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm so the show is back after a 2-week break. I have to admit, this got slightly crazy at first but does get into a better feel as it focuses on Sasuke.

He is still alone and we get to see how his life has progressed he battles against some abomination. I'm guessing BDs will have less censorship? For what's worth, Sasuke is still like himself as usual so I'm actually kinda looking forward to see how much more of a role he'll play in this arc. Crazy ending :o
Dec 1, 2016 3:28 AM

Jul 2015
so i was bored enough and watched naruto again for the first time in month. and its still as bad as i remembered. did hinata just collabsed after "fighting" for like one minute just to get an "emotional" moment with naruto holding her ? wtf is this bullshit. also the strongest character acted like "oh no how can we stop them" despite the fact there is a cahracter with this exact power standing next to him. the first 10 minutes were so dumb i had to stop watching. this reminded me why i dislike shippuden so much.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Dec 1, 2016 4:25 AM
Jan 2016
You need to stop a bunch of guys without hurting them. You're a guy with 200 IQ, a jounin and an experienced shinobi with just the power to stop people in their tracks using your shadows. Do absolutely NOTHING but watch until another guy tells you to use your powers to stop the bad guys AFTER several of them blow up.
Seriously...
Also, why did Hinata almost collapse after just sticking her finger into a bunch of guys? Is she sick now or something?
Another thing, what exactly did Naruto do with his clones during that subjugation? Shikamaru could've just restrained them with his shadows from the get-go. It didn't look like the clones actually did anything at that time.
Dec 1, 2016 4:39 AM

Feb 2012
Alright we're back, not bad, a nice change seeing them a little more grown up.

I kinda didn't feel the animation that much.
Dec 1, 2016 4:52 AM

Feb 2013
Sasuke is the only one who can stop those human bombs.
That little village deserved it though, they help you and when they need help you let them die.
Dec 1, 2016 5:35 AM

Sep 2015
I believe the current timeline starting from this episode should be just after the last Naruto movie and before the wedding, which explain Hinata's weakness and her close interection with Naruto.
Dec 1, 2016 6:56 AM
May 2016
I am still curious if this is set after "The Last" or Before.

But seeing how Movie went I'll just assume that this is after The Last.

But on the The Last Sasuke's attire is different from the one we see in this episodes...

Oh well, we'll see in the future episodes.
Dec 1, 2016 7:28 AM

May 2014
I loved this tbh

To see our beloved characters grown up and in good animation is awesome.
Loved how Sai sent the message to Sasuke, and seeing Choji use his wings after so much time.

The animation was pretty beautiful, every shot I was left gazing at it for a bit, I sure hope it continues like this..
Kekkei Genkai huh? When was the last time this was mentioned? In the war fillers with those revived with cool Kekkei Genkai powers and the Mizukage? It's an interesting concept so I'm fine with it back.

Also, Yamato is back next episode!? After like 200 episodes?! Damn son.
Jugo, Suigetsu and Karin too! And of course, Orochimaru sama!!
Really interested in this now.

Dec 1, 2016 7:33 AM

Nov 2015
It was ok. The human bombs are dangerous.

Dec 1, 2016 7:44 AM

Jan 2016
hinata collapse from hitting ONE chakra point.... im out
sasuke and the sasuke arc continue is nice, some new characters and a new kekkai genkai person.
yamato is going coming back too as well as sasuke's group.
Sasuke Sasuke everything Sasuke
(and yes, fire beats water if water is for circus acts and fire is for killing alien gods)

Dec 1, 2016 8:01 AM

Dec 2014
Thought the episode was mediocre in terms of story, I agree with the posts above regarding seeing the cast grown up and the animation for Choji's ability was awesome.

Grown up Ino and Hinata are hot. XD

I disliked how they portrayed Hinata falling from just poking that one enemy.

Yamato next episode and the exploding humans are connected to some Kekkei Genkai user.
Dec 1, 2016 8:10 AM

Mar 2014
Glad that Naruto is back with the new light novel adaptation (althought is not a bad idea still not be back for a while to get double Pokemon Sun&Moon episodes).
Dec 1, 2016 9:23 AM

Jun 2016
Now this was good episode! I hope it stays like this till the end,I'm glad Sasuke-kun is not an asshole anymore.
Dec 1, 2016 9:41 AM

Sep 2014
MrJaytato said:

I would say it's set before The Last..I think this is set shortly after the war and goes before Konoha hiden , which as I know adapts only the wedding assuming Boruto was born after the wedding.
EDIT : But in one reddit article it states that Sasuke Shinden takes place after The last.. mhm. And it also states that it is after Shikamaru and Konoha hiden. So what now they go to future , and after this arc they go back again ?

The world just functions this way. You defeat a huge evil , but sooner or later another will emerge. I Only hope adaptation will end just with these 3 books. No need to put Boruto in shippuuden in my opinion..
EtherealisDec 1, 2016 9:54 AM
Dec 1, 2016 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
Lol how the hell did Hinata almost faint after hitting like one enemy, and what exactly did Naruto's clones even contribute to his plan. They could have just had Shikamaru use his Shadow Possession from the beginning. Whatever though, I'm more interested in the mystery of these exploding humans and this weird Kekkei Genkai.

Also, the animation looked pretty good in this episode. Maybe that break really paid off.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 1, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2016
I didn't get what Naruto did with his clones because Shikamaru was the one that stopped them.. And also I don't understand how can Hinata collapse after that? Is she that weak now?

Sasuke cute smile when he saw the cat eat the rice omg. Funny how the kid thought he could win against Sasuke though haha.

His visual skills are so much better now woah. Too bad it doesn't seem like he will return to the Konoha for a while... I will on hold to my ship alone then haha
Dec 1, 2016 12:29 PM

Nov 2013
cute moments with hinata and tsundere sakura =D also when sasuke gave the food to the cats

wtf those bomb guys...
that retarded old guy denying help to the thunder guy after all the help those guys gave to the village...

also is this on manga or is this original? i didnt read anything after chapter 700 (other than like 3 chapters of boruto)

also ya hinata fainted after hitting once...but that chakra is supposed to be special or whatever and hinata was never strong to begin with
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 1, 2016 3:19 PM

Aug 2011
GUYS!!! If this arc is takes place after the "Last" movie than Hinata is pregnant that's why she's collaps.
But if not that's the case I have no other idea. :D
Dec 1, 2016 5:32 PM

Jan 2015
Orionite_ said:
MrJaytato said:

I would say it's set before The Last..I think this is set shortly after the war and goes before Konoha hiden , which as I know adapts only the wedding assuming Boruto was born after the wedding.
EDIT : But in one reddit article it states that Sasuke Shinden takes place after The last.. mhm. And it also states that it is after Shikamaru and Konoha hiden. So what now they go to future , and after this arc they go back again ?

The world just functions this way. You defeat a huge evil , but sooner or later another will emerge. I Only hope adaptation will end just with these 3 books. No need to put Boruto in shippuuden in my opinion..

I think they're not following the timeline strictly. My guess is that in the anime timeline this is set after The Last, based by Naruto and Hinata's interaction, and before Konoha Hiden.
Dec 1, 2016 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
Didn't expect it to get pretty dark. Loved it.

Although I'm still wondering, does this take place pre or post Last, I'm guessing post Last.

Dec 1, 2016 6:38 PM
Nov 2012
I like how Ino got a DD cup in a few months time^"
Dec 1, 2016 7:19 PM

Dec 2012
Naruto has never been this dark and gory. I like it.
Dec 1, 2016 7:26 PM

Dec 2012
Minizav said:
I like how Ino got a DD cup in a few months time^"

More like 2 years time
Dec 1, 2016 8:23 PM

Sep 2016
Sasuke Shinden takes place after all the novels and after The Last. It is most likely that Hinata and Naruto are already married, and she could be pregnant. That's probably why she was fatigued - SP wanted to allude to her pregnancy most likely. Being unable to restrain the first wave before they exploded made sense. He restrained the second wave though.
yee
Dec 1, 2016 10:05 PM

Feb 2016
Guys is this ep a filler?
Dec 1, 2016 10:10 PM

Sep 2016
360AttAck said:
Guys is this ep a filler?
No, it is very much canon.
yee
Dec 1, 2016 11:31 PM
Feb 2016
I haven't seen the new movie some of you guys mentioned, but I'm not so sure the anime show necessarily has to be connected to the movies, as far as timelines are concerned.
Are you guys getting the timeline info partially from the manga, and partially from the movies?
joelecDec 1, 2016 11:40 PM
Dec 2, 2016 1:39 AM

Mar 2015
So I heard that this novel is supposed to take after Naruto and Hinata's marriage in Konoha Shinden, but that doesn't explain how she would fall from using a tenketsu. Seriously, she's the Byakugan Princess and fall because using a tenketsu?

So let's say she's pregnant. Does having Boruto affects her chakra control or something? Also lol Naruto, I didn't expect you to impregnate your wife when you're still 18-19. Pretty forced fanservice, but I'll take it than none at all... which the whole Shippuden was lacking. I've seen a lot of people speculated that in Boruto movie that Naruto is around 32-33 which would backup the fact that Hinata is pregnant around now.... damn Naruto, seriously, even your father have you when he was 24, not when you're 20.

Overall, I love the new tone in this arc. The artstyle and everything almost looked like The Last's animation. Definitely better and overall improvement from those cardboard animation back in the 4th ninja war.

Dec 2, 2016 4:31 AM

Jan 2016
We finally got a timeskip but goddamn the characters were so dumb in this episode especially Hinata and Shikamaru
Dec 2, 2016 6:10 AM

Dec 2014
well two break was a bit much... Hey so sasuke arc.... any idea how much this will be strengtened

Seeing everyone grown up was little somethingelse
ibraheem234Dec 2, 2016 6:16 AM
Dec 2, 2016 7:56 AM

Sep 2016
OMFG... New outfits.. Ino turning into a hot chick.. Kekkei genkai.. Naruto x Hinata.. New enemy..
I can't ask anything more bro.. Awesome episode <3
Dec 2, 2016 2:19 PM
Dec 2016
Shikamaru can't focus on zombies that unpredictable and going in every direction. Hence, why they needed the clones to hold them down.

Hinata falling was an easter egg and hint that she is pregnant. Naruto was even surprised when she arrived in the midst of a battle. And this is after NARUTO THE LAST! Do you even know what that is?

Naruto ( who only acknowledges Kurama and didn't use his chakra ) threw his rasengan at the core of the explosion itself and neutralized it, and it was not a beam, though it left a trail.

The Doujutsu is probably from Naruto part one. If you remember, like the Keryuugan, Ranmaru's blocked the abilities of other doujutsu and could see and manipulate life force and was also also in Kirigakure. Sasuke's experience with it was a little hint.

Research, read the wiki and find the missing links you are looking for. I don't know how some of you don't follow the manga, ANIME or WIKI, or come back after not watching for months and expect to undertsand. If you were real fans, you would understand and be satisfied. IT'S FREE FOR GOD'S SAKE! Don't be ungrateful!
SINTO_O_KAMIDec 2, 2016 2:29 PM
Dec 2, 2016 2:37 PM

Jun 2014
what the actual fuck am i even watching? ohhhhh so this is just a shitty premise to ask Sasuke to return from exile. Good job Pierrot story writing team! just wow! Truly, no one else would have thought to use exploding zombies to keep a plot from hitting a dead end.

Ino looks like a whore.
Dec 2, 2016 4:28 PM

May 2015
The killer(s) are pretty obvious...

Now, even if the majority of their kills are for Eye for an Eye trying to obliterate an entire town/village and killing a pregnant woman was too much (the unborn baby didn’t do anything) and I said this because even if they have a reason/sad story or purpose for their actions I personally don’t want the killer or killers redeemed (I know this is the bread and butter of Naruto franchise but enough is enough) unless it is explained that the killer is also being controlled (that would be the only reasonable excuse for a redemption in my opinion)...
Dec 2, 2016 8:21 PM

Oct 2016
so we have exploding humans here, Deidara must be proud that this episode turns to be a pure art .. well atleast i see Hinata again that's all that matters to me ..
Dec 2, 2016 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
Nice that it's so dark. Also set in an interesting time.
Dec 3, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
The beginning sequence was kind of creative art, rarely seen in Naruto. This arc with Sasuke on focus seems to be interesting, even though I never liked the idea with Kekkei Genkai in Naruto.
Dec 3, 2016 11:11 AM
Aug 2014
-why they are so cold letting people die lift and right?
-tv originals suffer from dumb reactions and bad choreography as usual.
-Ino and Hinata are the bomb.
-speaking of bombs, the producers surly are watching and get inspired by Jojo.
Dec 3, 2016 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
Is this the last arc for the series
Dec 3, 2016 2:22 PM

Feb 2013
Galaxy__ said:
so i was bored enough and watched naruto again for the first time in month. and its still as bad as i remembered. did hinata just collabsed after "fighting" for like one minute just to get an "emotional" moment with naruto holding her ? wtf is this bullshit. also the strongest character acted like "oh no how can we stop them" despite the fact there is a cahracter with this exact power standing next to him. the first 10 minutes were so dumb i had to stop watching. this reminded me why i dislike shippuden so much.

I hear its because shes pregnant
Dec 3, 2016 11:08 PM
Aug 2012
DTUB said:
hinata collapse from hitting ONE chakra point.... im out
sasuke and the sasuke arc continue is nice, some new characters and a new kekkai genkai person.
yamato is going coming back too as well as sasuke's group.
Sasuke Sasuke everything Sasuke
(and yes, fire beats water if water is for circus acts and fire is for killing alien gods)

Oh Lord you would actually think people would use their brains for this one. Hinata was pregnant, she also focused her chakra to disable the attackers for 24 hours, so you do the math.
Dec 3, 2016 11:10 PM
Aug 2012
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
what the actual fuck am i even watching? ohhhhh so this is just a shitty premise to ask Sasuke to return from exile. Good job Pierrot story writing team! just wow! Truly, no one else would have thought to use exploding zombies to keep a plot from hitting a dead end.

Ino looks like a whore.

OMG you would think people would use their brains a little. Sasuke isn't coming back kid. He will probably walk close to Konoha, but he won't go in.
Dec 4, 2016 12:53 AM

Jul 2013
DarklordVor said:
So I heard that this novel is supposed to take after Naruto and Hinata's marriage in Konoha Shinden, but that doesn't explain how she would fall from using a tenketsu. Seriously, she's the Byakugan Princess and fall because using a tenketsu?

So let's say she's pregnant. Does having Boruto affects her chakra control or something? Also lol Naruto, I didn't expect you to impregnate your wife when you're still 18-19. Pretty forced fanservice, but I'll take it than none at all... which the whole Shippuden was lacking. I've seen a lot of people speculated that in Boruto movie that Naruto is around 32-33 which would backup the fact that Hinata is pregnant around now.... damn Naruto, seriously, even your father have you when he was 24, not when you're 20.

Overall, I love the new tone in this arc. The artstyle and everything almost looked like The Last's animation. Definitely better and overall improvement from those cardboard animation back in the 4th ninja war.

Dude, look at Hinata. Would you be able to wait?

And damn Ino, the heck did she eat?
Dec 4, 2016 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
GodofWar2015 said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Ino looks like a whore.

OMG you would think people would use their brains a little. Sasuke isn't coming back kid. He will probably walk close to Konoha, but he won't go in.

OMG you would think people knew how to read a little. I never said he would, "kid." I only said they would ask him to. Kakashi literally said "I'll call him back."
Dec 6, 2016 8:31 AM
Oct 2016
thiagopv said:
Not a bad episode to be honest. But Shikamaru could have just used his jutsu from the start...

That forced scene with Hinata almost fainting though.

But that reminds me of something. A time-skip happened here, and judging by their clothes, it's around the same timeline as The Last Movie. My only doubt is if it is before or after the movie.

Because if it's after, Naruto and Hinata are supposedly dating.

From what I see from their interactions, I'm guessing they are.

EDIT: Well, according to the novels timeline, this (Sasuke Shinden), takes place after Konoha Hiden, which is Naruto and Hinata's wedding, so in this story they should be married, but my guess is that they swapped timelines so they could adapt the wedding last, before the epilogue.

Yeah i totally agree, Shikimaru Hiden will be adapted after this one.
Dec 11, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2008
Okay this....wasn't so bad.
Dec 12, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2008
What the heck, Hinata got tired already after 1 attack? Either they skipped a lot of her attacking or she preggo.
Dec 13, 2016 4:20 PM

Sep 2015
what was that crap !!! it is awful!
The two strongest characters acting like a kids, many non-sence scenes .. and it is all about naruto and his friends ... nobody there except them
Dec 18, 2016 6:25 AM
Oct 2016
What's with everyone's looks? everybody, just die. there is no need for naruto to become hokage
Dec 20, 2016 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
The lighting gang got rejected, and are taking the revenge now?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xLtay - Aug 28, 2008

52 by natsuyah »»
Jun 3, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 14 Discussion

izikiel - May 17, 2007

31 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 1, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

216 by KoniginElle »»
May 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 213 Discussion ( 1 2 )

711 - May 26, 2011

85 by Fludddd »»
May 25, 7:53 PM

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
May 22, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.