Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 6, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah the new theme song is nice, liking it so far for what it is.

Glad to see new characters showing up already in the first episode. Since it's a continuation, it's kinda nice that they're not wasting too much time with that. Action is decent, we got to see Illya fight along with her friends. They also got down the mysterious vibe of Illya being part of the parallel world down pretty well. Neat start so far. I also kinda like the ED theme song.
Jul 6, 2016 8:24 AM

Jul 2007
The new character designs look freaking great in motion. Just look at Shirou. Everyone else used to be okay but Shirou was very strange looking. Now since the designs have caught up with manga Shirou looks like Shirou again. Almost 1:1 to manga. In fact even better than UfoShirou's design.

I like how they used Illya waking up as a sort of in-media-res beginning. It creates a nice sense of W T F for the viewers, before transitioning into where we ended the last season, which creates a nice foreboding atmosphere of something bad about to happen. And as I expected they simply delayed the rebound by half a day from how it happens in the manga, which means no problems created. If anything, the nice first sol comedy bits make the despair shift even stronger.

Talking about comedy - the comedy bits were hilarious(especially Mimi, the biggest closet lesbian in the world, misunderstanding the context of what Illya blurted out and how worse the misinterpretation grew - that whole scene was hilarious)

And then you get the feeling the shit is about to hitthe fan and it is GLORIOUS. It perfectly showcases how overpowered those two characters are. The show shows perfectly that they are in league of their own.

And then the the actual shit hitting the fan you dreaded for ACTUALLY HAPPENS and the tone and the color scheme of the show shifts perfectly alongside, as the way the scenes are colored presents the change of tone and the shit getting real quite well. Its a VERY strong contrast from the first half of episode which is full of warm saturated colors. Its also acompanied with complete disappearance of OST, with any sort of soundtrack cues being replaced by atmospheric ambient sounds of the wind and snow, as well as Illya's own movements. Really highlights how well directed the show is. The Episode is REALLY GOOD at setting up a threatening and oppressive atmosphere after Illya wakes up, re-creating perfect sense of desperation that Illya feels.

The episode also backtracks in terms of camera shots too - near the beginning of episode we see Illya's classmates walking past the street mirror and the same camera angle, now in desolate town is used when Illya is rushing towards her house after waking up.

I think it is interesting how I never realized the homage of Illya in a winter forest, but it is very clear reference to FSN and FSN-Illya's upbringing, specifically FSN-Illya's defining moment in the Winter Forest flashback.

The animation budget is also surprisingly great - the characters remain well animated through most of the episode, the dynamic camera use looks great, the fight(if you can call it that) looks great and there's a HUGE attention to detail in the episode - for example we see Illya's frozen eyelashes when she wakes up and when she talks at first in the forest we actually see hot air escape her mouth the way it happens in cold environment, not to mention actual snow particles and foggy steam rising up from the snow and snow falling from the trees when they are unable to hold it's weight. All of this detail is also backed by mindblowingly beautiful and artistically creative scenery and backgrounds. Really no complaints in terms of animation.

In terms of sound design OST from what was heard sounds great too. KugiRieLoli sounds as hair-pullingly annoying as expected. Perfect fit. Blondie sounds surprisingly similar to how I expected her to sound. Tanaka is also PERFECT. Her VA perfectly covers her whimsical nature.

They recreated that manga art with them all standing in the field for the OP. Fuck yea. Overall I like Herz OP a bit more, but this is still one great OP, especially once we get to the action bits. Also love how they contrast The life Illya led and what is going on now.
But the ED is where it freaking SHINES. Holy shit what a beautiful ed, both visually and in terms of show.

Overall PERFECTLY paced and perfectly animated episode. Silverlink took my hopes of the 3rei adaptation quality and surpassed them.

Welcome back show. You have been sorely missed.

9000/5
Jul 6, 2016 8:47 AM

Sep 2015
A new journey has begun, Drei~ Well its a continuation of last series so it is not unexpected to go straight into action.

Didn't expect Rie Kugimiya to voice Beatrice, because she is an unusual loli character.
Jul 6, 2016 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
Very happy that this is back! Can't wait to see the events later this season.
Jul 6, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2014
Still the best thing to happen to the fate series

Looking forward to next week

Jul 6, 2016 9:27 AM

Sep 2009
nice seeing them doing an anime original first half to make up for the Herz ending (which I called by the way). and by the looks at the opening we will be getting the epic fight with a certain someone coming.
Jul 6, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2015
everyone got tazed, time for rubber suits.
Jul 6, 2016 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
BEST FATE IS BACK.

I liked how they used Kato's OST in the first half, but TECHNOBOYS' new score when Illya appeared in the parallel world (it's a nice touch if you think about it). OP is okay, but ED... OMG that's why I love TPG so much! :3
Jul 6, 2016 9:39 AM

Apr 2010
The last one was so long ago that i am trying to remember how it ended, pretty sure there where difference from this episode.
In any case it's nice to see this back since the manga is moving a bit slowly right now.
Jul 6, 2016 9:45 AM

Oct 2014
yesssssssssss the worlds best loli is finally back, this season is gonna be amazingg
Jul 6, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
I WANT SAPPHIRE'S OLD VOICE BACK TT_TT
sounds way too masculine
Matsuki Miyu voice was better
bruh
Jul 6, 2016 10:14 AM
Jul 2015
Pretty good action
I think this episode will include YURI fanservice but it's not.
About this FATE, I'm just waiting for the arrival of shirou. Yuri and friendship..... are terrible
3/5

Jul 6, 2016 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
They made Shirou look like Shirou again.
Moar budget.
Scenes in the OP suggesting they might adapt way more this season than I thought they would.

Jul 6, 2016 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
This show is back!

Illya is in a parallel world!
Jul 6, 2016 10:28 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
kei78 said:
sounds way too masculine

The voice actor died, face it!

Cant wait to see this OP beast after I get with last season.
Jul 6, 2016 10:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
kei78 said:
sounds way too masculine
Well she died so you can't do much about it :/

In any case the first half of this episode should have basically just been the second half of the last episode of last season. But whatever, this works too I guess

Been looking forward to this quite a lot, nice to see it back with the best part of the series to date~
Jul 6, 2016 10:46 AM

May 2012
Ah, why do you guys gotta remind me about Miyu Matsuki.. ^

Pretty nice start. Wasn't quite feeling the op as much as the last season, but I love this ed so far.

Looks like badass(?) Shiro will make his appearance next episode?

I'm getting impatient so maybe I should just finally start the manga

Jul 6, 2016 10:53 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty great start, OP and ED are great too, think I like these the most out of all of them.
Jul 6, 2016 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
Really liked this first episode that it went into the action rather than go slice of life all the way.

This was exactly what I needed to tide me over in terms of Fate until Heaven's Feel comes out.

Dec 2012
prepare for the best illya series of all time.
nice kugyuu btw.

May 2013
This was actually way better than both the last season and what I had expected. I'm always so disappointed when shows decide not to be shit :(

Jul 6, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Finished the first Fate/Kaleid 3rei Episode. xD

I was actually impressed beyond expectations on how the first episode would fix the issues 2wei Herz had (because in the previous season the anime ended in an original ending, even tho it was obvious from the start since Silver Link for this specific series is known for fixing stuff at times with this series).

Though compared to the final scene in the 2wei manga, it wasn't as impactful in comparison, however given to the circumstances of how the previous season ended it was understandable enough, thus making me feel rather satisfied in the end I suppose if I can say that.

The episode was original for the most part, and still the original content was rather solid and enjoyable (especially the entire Mimi thinking dirty shit tho along with Ruby wanting to inject shit to Illya xD).

Though one thing to note, Sapphire's new voice actually fits but its rather noticeable the chances (given the fact that last year the previous voice actress of Sapphire and the voice actress behind Anna from Shimoneta and Lailah from the Zestiria game passing away). I still liked the voice but its rather noticeable in the sense.

As for the OPs and EDs (since they are available in this episode), the OP was catchy as fuck for my end, the ED is rather beautiful in terms of Visuals, song not so much imo.
Btw, the OP cock teased a certain "someone" in the visuals. :T

(Btw I know who that person is but since I haven't caught up to the manga (10 chapters tbh) yet I know based on some panels posted from a few people).

Can't wait for me though tbh.
Jul 6, 2016 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Ventris said:
This was actually way better than both the last season and what I had expected. I'm always so disappointed when shows decide not to be shit :(

Wait, so you like seeing shit or I'm just getting that bad impression? xD
Jul 6, 2016 11:10 AM

Jul 2007
antonn said:
Moar budget.
Scenes in the OP suggesting they might adapt way more this season than I thought they would.

Op is never good indicator of what is covered.
Case in point what is in 2wei Herz OP.
Jul 6, 2016 11:14 AM

Oct 2008
Ooooooh! It's finally here! I marathoned the previous seasons just to remind myself of the events leading up to this and I was not disappointed~

We have a new Shiro design, we have Illya installing Caster and Saber in the OP (her Saber outfit is Saber Lily!!! Ingenious!) and we have the red-haired girl whose Class Card is Thor, I'd assume. (Anime-only watcher here.)

I hate having to wait an entire week for the next episode! (>.<)

Matsuki Miyu... (T.T)
Jul 6, 2016 11:29 AM

Apr 2010
Fai said:
antonn said:
Moar budget.

True, but I figured Ch12 would be the ending point with the usual 10 episode seasons. From the OP I'd guess up to Ch.21.
antonnJul 6, 2016 11:34 AM
Jul 6, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2015
Man I've been waiting for this! Best Fate with the awesome fight scenes. Man I missed seeing them fighting. Animation looks even better than before along with the art. I also really like the tonal shift from their happy everyday to the new characters arriving. I also like the new seiyuu additions. Kumigiya Rie and Shiraishi Ryoko play those characters perfectly!
Jul 6, 2016 11:41 AM

Nov 2014
That was pretty great. There's a huge shift in tone from the previous seasons and I'm really excited to see what'll happen!

Also the opening is great!
Hi there
Jul 6, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
Errm, MOAR Budget + finally fixing character Designs (god, did they suck in the other seasons) = me likely to watch the Adaption of best Route.

Atleast it will help me wait for next Chapter.

Also, let's hope they won't rush...
ShrimperorJul 6, 2016 12:06 PM
Jul 6, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2009
antonn said:
Fai said:

True, but I figured Ch12 would be the ending point with the usual 10 episode seasons. From the OP I'd guess up to Ch.21.

story wise, they can only split 3rei after chapter 29.
fiting 2 chapter per episode is doable without butchering much
bruh
Jul 6, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2010
kei78 said:
antonn said:

I agree that it's the best place to stop, but I just don't see how they can get there in one season.
Jul 6, 2016 12:23 PM

Jul 2009
antonn said:
kei78 said:

I agree that it's the best place to stop, but I just don't see how they can get there in one season.

Unlimited budget works
bruh
Jul 6, 2016 12:28 PM

Feb 2015
Oh man, I am so hyped to see the upcoming battles animated.

Glad to see that Shirou looks like Shirou again. I was a little nervous about how his previous character design would make some of the future parts of 3rei less badass.

Curious to see how far they'll adapt. Has it been confirmed yet they're going with the usual 10 episode formula?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2007
kei78 said:
antonn said:

No way in the fuck they are getting to that.

24-25 at most.
Jul 6, 2016 12:30 PM
Nov 2013
The shift in tone was intense. It also seems like the budget went up a bit too, the character designs and animation were beautiful, not to mention the choreography for the fights!

OP song is gorgeous, I love ChouChou. The ED was alright, I really like the music in it (not really a fan of the vocals).

I have high expectations for this season. Apparently the manga is very good, on par with the Fate vn. Let's hope that's true!
Jul 6, 2016 12:36 PM
Nov 2015
CC9ers said:
Oh man, I am so hyped to see the upcoming battles animated.

Glad to see that Shirou looks like Shirou again. I was a little nervous about how his previous character design would make some of the future parts of 3rei less badass.

Curious to see how far they'll adapt. Has it been confirmed yet they're going with the usual 10 episode formula?

For those wondering how many episodes there will be this season.
There will be 12 episodes.

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/06/16-1/fatekaleid-liner-prisma-illya-3rei-anime-visual-offered-with-home-video-release-plans
Jul 6, 2016 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
I was getting excited for this but then remembered it's bad until Shirou hijacks it. Fuck. Guess I'll watch for Tanaka and Angelica 'til then.
Jul 6, 2016 12:52 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
AirConditioner said:
I was getting excited for this but then remembered it's bad until Shirou hijacks it. Fuck. Guess I'll watch for Tanaka and Angelica 'til then.
Can always watch it for the sexy af lolis as we all have up until now if nothing else
Jul 6, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
damn the animation just went into another whole new level for silver link. are they trying to be like ufotable ? lol xD

so interesting for the first episode. miyo got kidnapped while illya went into another world, i mean, miyu's world too, and meet a strage red hair girl. those two new character are interesting too imo xD

looking foward for the next episode.
Jul 6, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2008
A great start for the series. Got to say farewell to the old world cast before moving into Miyu's world.

The initial burst of action was nice with everyone responding to this new threat and trying to hold their ground. But it was too much and too sudden for them to really deal with this. They barely could stand against the corrupted version of Gilgamesh....someone using his card and another powerful enemy was just overwhelming.

Looking pretty good so far. Illya is dropped into an unfamiliar world without anything she has been able to rely on. Going to take her digging deep to hold her own in this world.
Fai said:
No way in the fuck they are getting to that.

24-25 at most.

You can throw all the swear words you want into that, but you don't actually know where they are going to stop. Look at where 25 ended...that makes little sense for a stopping point.

I don't think getting to 29 chapters is a reasonable idea. But it appears we're getting into that area so it is a fair option as a stopping point. It's not impossible. Especially when you consider chapter length. 25 is only 15 pages long, 26 is 18.

In the end I don't know where they will go with this. 29 was the stopping point I expected for part 2, so I have no idea where they will go here. In the end we'll just have to be patient until we get a feel for the pacing.
Jul 6, 2016 1:28 PM

May 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:
Ventris said:

If it's bad enough, I generally find it hilarious. I guess, I have some masochistic tendencies (:
But don't worry, I'm perfectly capable to enjoy actually good shows.

Jul 6, 2016 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Ventris said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

If it's bad enough, I generally find it hilarious. I guess, I have some masochistic tendencies (:
But don't worry, I'm perfectly capable to enjoy actually good shows.

Ah I see then, well that's understandable enough in that sense then. No worries, I have some masochism on the inside a lot of times .x.

^^U If that makes sense... Ehehe.
Jul 6, 2016 1:34 PM

Jul 2007
FlareKnight said:

You can throw all the swear words you want into that, but you don't actually know where they are going to stop. Look at where 25 ended...that makes little sense for a stopping point.

I don't think getting to 29 chapters is a reasonable idea. But it appears we're getting into that area so it is a fair option as a stopping point. It's not impossible. Especially when you consider chapter length. 25 is only 15 pages long, 26 is 18.

In the end I don't know where they will go with this. 29 was the stopping point I expected for part 2, so I have no idea where they will go here. In the end we'll just have to be patient until we get a feel for the pacing.

We know how much they will cover in the first two episodes(since early impressions so far are accurate to what we got). That would leave 10 episodes to cover 27 chapters and that is absolutely impossible, even if we count in action.

Jul 6, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
A good episode.
The best part is starting.

Shirou look better than before.
Jul 6, 2016 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
I really hope the Kuro and Bazette we saw in the OP are the same ones as in the original dimension... And I wonder where Ruby and Sapphire are. It seems like Gilgamesh is on Illya's side now? Wut. Also, glad Luvia and Rin aren't part of the main cast anymore. They were getting annoying.
Jul 6, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2012
Fai said:
FlareKnight said:

We know how much they will cover in the first two episodes(since early impressions so far are accurate to what we got). That would leave 10 episodes to cover 27 chapters and that is absolutely impossible, even if we count in action.

what if they go anime original and change things to fit?

Jul 6, 2016 2:21 PM

Aug 2010
Amazing first ep. Animation was so great!! Loved the skirmish b4 Miyu got taken.

OP is sooo goood!!!

Love the animation and the snow animated.

Tanaka was depicted perfectly Gotta love her clumsiness.

DAT SHIRO IN THE PV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 6, 2016 2:25 PM

Feb 2013
So many things happened in the first episode.
Illya went to that world too and she's already in trouble.
Tanaka is interesting.
Jul 6, 2016 2:29 PM

May 2011
xCrazyChris11x said:
Fai said:

what if they go anime original and change things to fit?

Or, what if they do 13 episodes like a normal one cour anime
Jul 6, 2016 2:37 PM

Jul 2007
RockerXD said:

Or, what if they do 13 episodes like a normal one cour anime

They are doing 12
It still can't fit.
And no I doubt they will do THAT MANY changes, considering how well they stuck with the adaptation so far. I mean they are literally naming episodes after manga chapters.
AhenshihaelJul 6, 2016 2:51 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.