Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2016 1:23 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like they plan to finish the arc next week... Was expecting it to be over this week, but oh well. Either way, the episode was pretty good, but last weeks was way better IMO. Takasugi + Gin teaming up there was sugoi<3. And the Tendoshu sure don't fuck around at all. I really hate the newly appointed Shogun, and one day I hope he dies.

Backup is here just in time.

Arc for sure ends next week. Only 2 chapters covered this episode ~ 522
Jan 20, 2016 1:24 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
OP visuals changed to the first one. A little bit more of Kamui vs. Kagura. Sh*t hit the fan, Nobu Nobu’s here.
Gintoki talking about Takasugi was nice. Takasugi just pops up outta nowhere like a badass. Say goodbye to your left eye Oboro! Takasugi’s got his revenge! Yay for Kagura and Kamui showing up to rescue Gintoki and Takasugi. Ahhh, I missed Ginpachi-sensei! Lol at the edited scene! Only two chapters adapted this time. Next episode should also do two chapters.

Screenshots

Gifs

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerJan 20, 2016 5:55 AM
Jan 20, 2016 1:28 AM
Jul 2014
That went surprisingly fast, last episode next week and

(not sure if I'm glad I read the manga because now I have to experience THAT SCENE twice). It's going to be my birthday I'm meant to be happy darn it, if it wasn't for gintama I'd be jumping next week's episode.
Nice to see ginpachi sensei again and bring back a bit of well deserved laughter, little reminder that this is still the classic comedic Gintama I fell in love all that time ago.

Mod Edit: Even though it's not really spoilery, I hid that little part because it can give hints away.
SenpaiisanidjitJan 20, 2016 1:33 AM
Jan 20, 2016 1:50 AM
Dec 2014
Tyrel said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like they plan to finish the arc next week... Was expecting it to be over this week, but oh well. Either way, the episode was pretty good, but last weeks was way better IMO. Takasugi + Gin teaming up there was sugoi<3. And the Tendoshu sure don't fuck around at all. I really hate the newly appointed Shogun, and one day I hope he dies.

Backup is here just in time.

Arc for sure ends next week. Only 2 chapters covered this episode ~ 522

I'm wondering why they aren't adapting 4 chapters to finish the arc off. I expected we'd get the next arc straight away, but maybe that won't happen.

And yeh, nothing can top last week. Still a really great episode and one of my favorites in the SA arc.
Jan 20, 2016 2:39 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode... but one problem tho, why you butcher one of my fave scenes in this arc?
This

to this

Jan 20, 2016 3:07 AM
Dec 2014
SansrivaaL said:
Good episode... but one problem tho, why you butcher one of my fave scenes in this arc?
This

to this

Eh, it was really the only scene that looked weird. Everything else was pretty top notch.
Jan 20, 2016 3:33 AM

Aug 2013
i wonder will they continue the next serious arc after this arc ends or switch back to comedy arc first
Jan 20, 2016 3:38 AM

Jul 2014
Am I the only one who wonders how they haven't died of blood loss yet?

Nice to see Ginpachi-sensei back.

dennisixa said:
i wonder will they continue the next serious arc after this arc ends or switch back to comedy arc first

They can't go back to comedy because of a certain thing at the end of this arc (coming next episode!!). SA arc is the point of no return...
toblynarutoJan 20, 2016 3:52 AM
Jan 20, 2016 3:41 AM

Aug 2013
vikki7783 said:

dennisixa said:

They can't go back to comedy because of a certain thing at the end of this arc (coming next episode!!). SA arc is the point of no return...

but it's gintama~~anything can happen~~~i dont this to end so soon~~~ T.T
Jan 20, 2016 3:52 AM

Jul 2014
dennisixa said:
vikki7783 said:

No no no no it's impossible, you'll see next week. The current arc in the manga looks like it'll end soon so we'll have probably 2 more arcs animated before the anime ends.
Jan 20, 2016 3:52 AM

Nov 2015
Loved it!
Looks like this arc will end next week...
I hope they can animate a funny episode before starting a new big arc :/

5/5
Jan 20, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2014
The arc was so intense even till the end.. best arc ever
Jan 20, 2016 4:01 AM

Aug 2013
vikki7783 said:
dennisixa said:

No no no no it's impossible, you'll see next week. The current arc in the manga looks like it'll end soon so we'll have probably 2 more arcs animated before the anime ends.
hopefully they will animate all the chapters before the anime ends~~~
Jan 20, 2016 4:08 AM

Feb 2012
I was really waiting for the end of SA arc to see where will they go from there, and then they dragged it out 1 more ep.

Ye I was cool when Gin and Takasugi caught my boi Oboro off guard with that eye stab, but its nothing mayor for a bad ass guy of his level.

Ginpachi segment was funny as fuck tho lmao.
Jan 20, 2016 4:12 AM

Aug 2010
So they didn't end it yet :O Can't wait for loli Nobume flashbacks <3

Only Gintama!!! I died laughing at "Yeah we're doing a Ginpachi-sensei here" Gotta problem with that bitches :P XD

The way they just totally trolled with Gin shitting his pants being the truth of that scene was so friggin hilarious. I miss that Gintama comedy LMAO

About the ep...Kagura vs Kamui was cool but them saving Gin and Takasugi was even cooler. Damn these siblings are friggin BA!! Loved dat Takasugi payback stabbing Oboro's eye like that. Must've felt so good lol

F***N KNOBKNOB is back and more arrogant then ever <_<

Loved seeing Sougo, Saito and Matsudaira back too. Now if only they show us Zura T^T
Jan 20, 2016 4:12 AM

Jan 2013
I snorted a lot at the Ginpachi-sensei segment. That continuity error had actually been bothering me ever since we got the flashbacks for this arc. Not surprised by how they handled that here though. Reminds me when someone asked why they gave Kamui black hair in one of the EDs before his debut and Ginapachi sensei just threw the letter in the bin LMAO

Much epic stuff in this episode. Takasugi popping from behind was the best, and happy to see the Shinsengumi.
Jan 20, 2016 4:13 AM
Oct 2011
Sougo's back, awesome! *even though I knew that lol*

And Kagura/Kamui team-up is awesome, and the next episode Kamui will admit that Kagura got strong. (idc if I spoiled #sorrynotsorry).

The animation sucked again. U_U
Warrior3Jan 20, 2016 6:01 AM
Jan 20, 2016 4:15 AM

Aug 2010
dennisixa said:

Don't worry they announced one of the comedy arcs to be adapted as an OVA so the remaining comedy arcs should follow. Just don't expect any comedy arcs/eps in the anime anymore. Well Ginpachi had me die laughing this ep so maybe we can still get some of those every now and then
Jan 20, 2016 4:16 AM

Dec 2013
Really really intense episode. Felt like it was two minutes long!

Poor Kagura couldn't stand up to Kamui. He's too beastly!

Seeing those four team up was like a dream. Loved it!

Next episode is the actual final episode. Hype!

Dat Ginpachi Sensei is great as always :3
Jan 20, 2016 4:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Lol that Ginpachi-sensei at the end; Sunrise bullshitting so hard :3
Jan 20, 2016 4:22 AM

Jan 2014
We get some QUALITY again like episode 303. The only one which bothered me was the Takasugi one, the rest I was expecting it since the last two chapters were top notch and this was a transition episode.
Jan 20, 2016 4:29 AM

Dec 2015
SansrivaaL said:
This

to this

Ah, that was kinda dumb..oh well. After the last two episodes, there was bound to be a bit of animation drop now. Still liked the episode, there were a lot of moments without any music which made the atmosphere really tense, which is good. Because it should be tense. Next week, a lot will change. I was expecting this to be 8 episodes anyway, because that should make 2 DVD's. Which is the best, marketing wise, for this arc.

I do wonder if the FS will start next. Because that would mean it would only get 8 episodes as well right? (Because the season ends in april, and it would be weird to do one or two episodes in a new season). Feels kinda short for this arc, imo. Guess we'll know next week.
Jan 20, 2016 4:33 AM

Mar 2015
Oh surprised they gonna end this arc next week but I am fine with it.

Pretty nice episode except for that one Gintoki vs Takasugi scene. Not sure about how I feel the comedy parts, imo they were good but after what happened last week? Well I guess this is just Gintama being Gintama.
Jan 20, 2016 4:37 AM

Jan 2014
Repose said:

I do wonder if the FS will start next. Because that would mean it would only get 8 episodes as well right? (Because the season ends in april, and it would be weird to do one or two episodes in a new season). Feels kinda short for this arc, imo. Guess we'll know next week.

Well they could make 9 episodes since March has 5 Wednesdays. But we'll know next week.
Jan 20, 2016 4:46 AM

Aug 2013
eninsa said:
Repose said:

Well they could make 9 episodes since March has 5 Wednesdays. But we'll know next week.

so the anime will end after FS arc?? no plz
Jan 20, 2016 4:49 AM
Dec 2014
dennisixa said:
eninsa said:

It will unfortunately. The next arc after that hasn't finished yet, so they need to wait a little while.
Jan 20, 2016 4:50 AM

Jan 2014
dennisixa said:
eninsa said:

Who knows, they might end the SAA and make something like "Let's remember the good times since we ran out of budget..." and introduce some comedy arcs and make longer the series. I don't know what to expect.
Jan 20, 2016 4:54 AM
Dec 2014
eninsa said:
We get some QUALITY again like episode 303. The only one which bothered me was the Takasugi one, the rest I was expecting it since the last two chapters were top notch and this was a transition episode.

To be honest the only scene that had Quality in it was the Takasugi scene....that's it. Other than that, it was pretty top notch. Especially the Kamui vs Kagura fight which was freaking amazing. This was actually one of the best episodes in terms of animation.....comparing it to episode 303 is insulting.
Jan 20, 2016 5:01 AM
Oct 2011
dennisixa said:
eninsa said:

No, there's another arc going on right now in the manga - Rakuyo (Yato) arc.

trololospoiler xD
Jan 20, 2016 5:02 AM

Jan 2013
Yo I've got a question:
Where the fuck is Katsura? Doesn't he give a fuck?

Like seriously.
Jan 20, 2016 5:04 AM

Dec 2015
eninsa said:
Repose said:

Aaah, yeah. Well, 9 seems ok-ish. FS was around 4 chapters longer than SA, right? IMO, 10 episodes would be good for this arc. But we will see.

Somehow I'm expecting them to go on hiatus in april and start the current arc in september. They've done this - sorta - before with enchousen, right? They might be able to continue until the end like that (depending on how long the last arc will be).
Jan 20, 2016 5:05 AM

Dec 2015
TheNaturalPerm said:
Yo I've got a question:

Like seriously.

He is on standby.

No, really.
Jan 20, 2016 5:16 AM

Jan 2013
Repose said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
Yo I've got a question:

Like seriously.

He is on standby.

No, really.

Welp he's got one episode left to show up. He better does!
Jan 20, 2016 5:18 AM

Jul 2014
Repose said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
Yo I've got a question:

Like seriously.

He is on standby.

No, really.

Standby janai

KATSURA DA!
Jan 20, 2016 5:32 AM

May 2013
Should Katsura get involved in this Conflict they're having i mean he is the leader of the Joi and one of the three disciples
Jan 20, 2016 5:39 AM

Aug 2012
I just notice that Kamui looks much badass on a straight hair and he's a bit taller in this episode.

I love when ginpachi-sensei said "we had no idea this was gonna happen" and so on.. xD
Jan 20, 2016 5:42 AM

Jul 2015
It's gonna end, yet the war is just starting, Demn my sister told me that this is just nothing compared to what is coming, .... now I don't know if I'm going to read the manga or to wait for it since the anime is freaking cool :D
Jan 20, 2016 5:44 AM

Apr 2013
Ahhhh seeing this episode animated is so amazing.

I was waiting for the moment Takasugi would stab Oboro's eye - get a taste of your own medicine. On a side note, screw you Nobunobu seriously. Kamui should of punched you harder haha.

I've been waiting for the Yato siblings to team up with eachother to protect Takasugi and Gin - so baddass. I loved the episode in it's entirety but there was just that one individual shot that made me laugh. It's just the way that Kamui's eyes are drawn. (I put it under spoiler because I don't want it to be taking up too much space.)

Otherwise it was delivered to great standards. Can't wait until the FS arc comes out, I am seriously dying to see it animated - all other anime can be on hold until Gintama's next arc finishes.
Jan 20, 2016 5:57 AM

Oct 2014
And Oboro joins the jabronie club, no offense but made him look like a complete scrub.

It was very Fairy Tail like.

Jan 20, 2016 6:05 AM

Aug 2014
i accept and embrace the pain.

i loved takasugi and gin fighting together and how gin was talking about takasugi. the whole bit made me emotional tbh.

i also loved kamui and kagura scenes as well. whether the ones where they were fighting each other or protecting takasugi and gintoki.

the oshiete gintoki sensei was perfect.

edit: does anyone know when the soundtrack will be out.
Jan 20, 2016 6:29 AM
May 2014
[quote=SansrivaaL][quote=Repose]
TheNaturalPerm said:
Yo I've got a question:

Like seriously.

I've been asking this question since Courtesan of a Nation hahahaha
Where the fuck is ma' man Katsura???

I was expecting him to show up before the monks attacked Gintoki or something. Takasugi from behind still great though.
gekkeijumaruJan 20, 2016 6:33 AM
Jan 20, 2016 6:40 AM

Feb 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:
Yo I've got a question:

Like seriously.

Katsura is anti Shigeshige and his government story wise, so he got no obligation to be protecting him.

Shame he wasn't present at least during Gin vs Takasugi fight tho, but no worries as there will be plenty of Katsura in the arc after this one.
Jan 20, 2016 6:45 AM

Jul 2014
am i the only one who never hate all antagonist characters in gintama except tokugawa sada sada? Even for what Oboro did to them, he is sill such a badass for me

And still, i miss Katsura to come in more serious Arcs, and not always be a comedian in daily stories...(Where da fak is he???)
Jan 20, 2016 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
This was so fucking great XD

I pretty much loved everything that Gintama delivered this week, this is very wonderful >w<

Also Kamui and Kagura are baes in this episode, for at least a moment, Love it.
Jan 20, 2016 6:57 AM

Mar 2014
I knew this wasn't the finale, otherwise they'd have the ED song play for the OP, because Know Know Know would be used with the traditional end-of-arc AMV.

Equal third best episode of the arc/5.

Edit: I never expected them to do the Ginpachi-sensei segment with Sorachi's answer before the arc ended.
ziggy_ZJan 20, 2016 7:08 AM
Jan 20, 2016 7:03 AM

Nov 2007
When you know you are not ready for what to come next week. Gintama, thanks for the funny memories.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 20, 2016 7:04 AM

Mar 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
Yo I've got a question:

Like seriously.

He's not here because he has no role in the arc and what's happening. Sure, Takasugi finally made his move, but their Joi factions are completely different. Him appearing is equivalent to someone saying "Tsukuyo should be here because she was in Courtesan."

xin09 said:
Should Katsura get involved in this Conflict they're having i mean he is the leader of the Joi and one of the three disciples
Nope. He's the leader of his own party. After Benizakura and meeting Ikumatsu, Katsura (and by proxy his Joi faction) became a pacifist party, and since this is straight up war instigated by the extremist faction + space pirates, he doesn't need to get involved. Besides that point, he probably doesn't even know this is happening.
ziggy_ZJan 20, 2016 7:09 AM
Jan 20, 2016 7:31 AM
Nov 2013
Warrior3 said:
Sougo's back, awesome! *even though I knew that lol*

And Kagura/Kamui team-up is awesome, and the next episode Kamui will admit that Kagura got strong. (idc if I spoiled #sorrynotsorry).

The animation sucked again. U_U

The animation during the Kamui vs Kaguya was just as good as Takasugi vs gintoki, it was amazing. Animation dropped later in the episode but don't generalize the amazing intro fight with the ending segments.
Jan 20, 2016 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
Epic episode.

That Ginpachi-sensei session is hilarious. There's no plothole here.

Jan 20, 2016 7:52 AM

Mar 2014
SansrivaaL said:
This
So we can get this.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

252 by zachashah »»
May 26, 12:15 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cupc - Jul 29, 2015

125 by Jellybeanx »»
May 6, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Jan 13, 2016

252 by sno0pcatt »»
May 4, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.