Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2015 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Maria power up was lewd.

Pfft, the fight itself wasn't impressive imo and she got beat up bad, felt bad for her.
The whole tournament felt rushed, I wish they gave Kurumi more screen time out there. Poor Kurumi as well D:

This episode was a disaster for Basara's group imo
Nov 27, 2015 10:25 AM

Dec 2014
Man, Maria and Kurumi got rekt.
Nov 27, 2015 11:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Lars, my man! Made the episode good already.

Will be interesting to see what happens now.
Nov 27, 2015 12:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Poor Maria got REKT (Dat transformation to her grown up form again tho) but Lars is my boy too so no matter which one of them won I was going to be okay with it for the most part (Also it looks like my guess about his relationship with that maid girl was almost spot on)

Yuki's sister also got owned but I won't fault her for it since that cunt demon guy manipulated her but holy fucking shit Yuki went fucking in on that other demon LOLOLOLOL I just say that I saw her sister losing coming but I did not expect that DQ

Last but not least, best boy Basara found that demon fucked and killed his was :D And now the final battle that he been hyped up to no and I finally here!!!!!!!! Beware wake up bro, it's time for glory!!!!!!

(I kinda want him and Leo to team up though....He's really not a bad guy and I like him and his assistant guy a lot tbh)
TokoyaNov 27, 2015 12:04 PM
Nov 27, 2015 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
Well Maria got wrecked that is for sure. Kurumi got owned because that piece of s*** using a cheap move. Basara, I better see the fight next week, or I am going to go crazy
Nov 27, 2015 12:16 PM

Aug 2010
Lars shutting the crowd up was epic!!! Did Basara really kill his target :O Didn't expect it to go that way. The way Yuki won was epic tho
Nov 27, 2015 12:21 PM

Dec 2014
Well it was decided already that lars will win.. Still maria seemed a little pathetic. Lars....... Well he's just being lars
Nov 27, 2015 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
Maria and Kurumi were defeated.

Good to see Yuki won the match so easily! Her way of winning was epic!

I hope Basara will about to make it back to the tournament!
Nov 27, 2015 12:57 PM
May 2015
What only 10 episodes ? And i was excepting Basara x Leohart for next ep...
Nov 27, 2015 1:01 PM

Jan 2012
Blackmailed or not Kurumi and Zest were huge disappointments, and I still don't know who their round six fighter was supposed to be. Basara get your ass up already!
Nov 27, 2015 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
The tournament sure is nice, but some characters are a pain in the ass.
At least Lars is good...why he on the new demon king side?
Basara...dead? He had his moms (goddess/angle) blood and his father the strongest hero...and he is about to die haha.
Nov 27, 2015 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
I don't even remember if I heard this correctly, but the power of a hero in the demon realm is lower right? I think I might have heard that when they first went there.

That unicorn guy seems pretty funky though. Basara is kinda disappointing me though, he already sustained an injury, meaning his fight next episode won't be as good as it could be. He hopefully took out that other demon guy, future planning I suppose, but the council is up to no good anyways.
Nov 27, 2015 2:53 PM

Jun 2014
The fights in this episode and the tournament in general has been kind of underwhelming. I wasn't surprised to see Lars and Yuki destroy their respective opponents though.

Basara needs to get his ass up and wreck some noobs lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 27, 2015 3:59 PM

Jul 2015
OK. Best ep so far. Lars def the man shutting everyone up. Wonder who is actually gonna fight Leo. I'm still hoping that Leo and the main group somehow team up because he doesn't seem that bad of a guy at all.
Nov 27, 2015 4:05 PM

Jul 2015
Maria did a kamehameha XD
Nov 27, 2015 4:21 PM

May 2015
Well, that was a decent episode, although the battles felt underwhelming. Basara's group is getting rekt. So two more episodes. Hopefully they'll wrap it nicely.

Nov 27, 2015 5:07 PM

Jan 2014
wow she really did throw the match... fucking scumbag, what happen to Basara anyway that made her throw the match... this is pretty stupid... that she believed it
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Nov 27, 2015 5:59 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, how much anxiety has been created in this episode, by the fights of the girls and see what Basara will do, so far he little bit showed of your strength, I want to see him fighting at full power, I'm curious to see what he plotted with Lars also, I have an idea of what was, I'm looking forward to the next episode ..
Nov 27, 2015 6:04 PM

Aug 2013
Another serious battle episode. I don't mind the fight scenes, it was short but at least the fight scenes didn't have any scenes where the girls clothes get shredded during the fight or after they get defeat. It seems Maria's adult powers back fire a little because she's not used to it in the demon world. Poor Kurumi she could of won her match if that bastard Admirath didn't try to mess with Kurumi's head. Zest throwing her match to save Kurumi has make her my second female character after Kurumi, nice job becoming a real ally Zest because you were destined to be in Basara's harem, a nice, safe and lively home where you belong. But damn that Yuki, don't talk about her lil sister because she will f**k you up! Nice job Yuki! And finally Basara being a badass by killing that old pervert! So that's why he asked Lars to give him some perfume, Basara is a very smart protagonist in a harem anime. And I especially love the way he "Die" like a real beast, this is why I love Basara because not only he's nice, caring, and protective of his harem but he's not afraid to cross the line and kill his enemies who's after the people he cares about. Also they way they talk about the Demon Lord's battlefield the "Xamdu," I have a feeling that Basara might have some Demon Lord blood inside of him because one, Basara is the main protagonist of the story, two, we all know that Basara and Leohart will fight each other of course, and three, Jin said that Basara has "two mothers" a couple episodes ago so I'm guessing that one of Basara's two mothers might be a demon with Demon Lord's blood, so my theory is that Basara and Mio might have some blood connection. Plus is nice to see a harem male protagonist doing his own thing without having the girls to tag along with him. Basara is a real alpha male and he knows how to handle his harem. Seriously the author needs to create a new volume chapter or side-story or something because I want Basara and Lars to go on a team buddy trip and show more of their mutual alliance. If there's anyone who change the demon world than that's Basara and Lars! But overall this a good episode! Too bad there's only two episodes left! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Nov 27, 2015 7:12 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Oh damn son, Lars was even cool when he was a kid. I'd love to hear more of his backstory. He even has a girl who likes him. Way to go bro-est of bros.

Yuuki was rekin' hardcore.

The announcer chick is perfect. Basara should totally add her to the harem.
Nov 27, 2015 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
Honestly pretty meh episode, expected more from the fights but all of them were just underwhelming or matches like zest didnt even happen. Hope next episode will be better like Barara comes out of nowhere super powered and ready to fight and a huge fight happens...hopefully.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xsuDc0aZU0&feature=youtu.be
Nov 27, 2015 8:52 PM

Apr 2013
We had a nice Maria transformation scene, but other than that, little service this episode. After the last several eps, it's kind of a shocker, but i'm sure they'll make up for it.

The battle went about as expected. It was never going to be a clean sweep, and I figured on Mio, Yuki, Basara and one other being the winners. Didn't expect the forfeits though. I guess that moves things along a bit faster, but it's too bad we didn't get to see Zest, or Rukia for that matter, fight.

It was pretty obvious Yuki was gonna totally own her opponent, but i especially liked how he said he'd turn her into mincemeat in one blow, but she wound up turning him into mincemeat instead.

Next ep begins the main attraction i guess, can't wait for that. I wonder how many limiters Basara managed to remove with whatever it was he was doing. (other than killing lots of people i mean)
Nov 27, 2015 8:53 PM

Aug 2015
Yuki won so easily and poor maria and Kurumi.
Does anyone know what that guy used to blackmail Kurumi?
Nov 27, 2015 9:12 PM

Aug 2013
Darkrazor22 said:
Yuki won so easily and poor maria and Kurumi.
Does anyone know what that guy used to blackmail Kurumi?

I think that gold thing that Admirath gave to Kurumi use was a fake button that look like it from Basara's school uniform.
Nov 27, 2015 9:18 PM

Dec 2014
Yuki , oh yeah!!! XD

But WTF, Basara, why are you sleeping on the ground??? XD
Nov 27, 2015 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Not enough ecchi this episode XD

The tournament was very much rushed imo.
Nov 27, 2015 10:48 PM

Apr 2015
strider_91 said:
Not enough ecchi this episode XD

The tournament was very much rushed imo.

Yea the fights felt too short. But hey at least Lars(still one of my favourite characters although he is at Leo's side now) and Yuki won. That ending tho... I didn't expect to see Basara lying on the ground before his fight.
Nov 27, 2015 11:17 PM

Jun 2013
Oh man, things getting serious now. Even the ecchi took somewhat of a backseat.
Nov 27, 2015 11:45 PM

Aug 2013
Went exactly as I called it last week.

Maria would lose to Lars, and one of the two sisters would lose.

I had no idea what would happen to Zest though. Of course the one fight I was interested in and she was handed a forced loss. Fucking bullshit.

Kurumi was super disappointing. She got all of these super cool magic doo-dads to help boost her powers and she fucks up because she sees a jacket button...bitch are you fucking retarded?

Yuki was a boss but again, that fight was severely underwhelming. It looked cool at least.

All of the fights have sucked, really. Mio was a one-hit finisher. Maria was a quick loss. Kurumi was a quick loss. Zest didn't fucking fight. Rukia didn't fucking fight. Yuki was a one-hit win.

Basara has continued to lead me down as a male protagonist. Motherfucker cant even assassinate a guy properly. Why was he even going after that guy in the first place? Dude obviously cared more about concubines than showing up to that match. He wasn't even a real threat. Fucking Basara goes out of his way to contact Lars, have him buy this perfume with some giant burlap sack of demon rupels or some shit, just to smell like Zolgia and sneak up on this guy...and he still failed.

People are always debating who is the stronger male harem king, Basara or Issei. I'm now 100% convinced it's Issei. Basara may be more sexually aggressive with his harem girls, but Issei wins in combat strength.

Issei - started with absolutely nothing. Only has a magic weapon that isn't even easy for him to use. Weak as fuck, no magic potential or strength. Yet overcomes every obstacle (even with sometimes ridiculous ways) and manages to find the power to win.

Basara - a child with a silver spoon. Both parents are fucking immeasurably powerful, and he inherited those genes. Has been training ever since he was a child. Has both stamina, endurance, and super powerful demon sword. His named is feared simply because he's his father's son. He is basically the "god onii-sama" of the demon harem universe...cant beat the most miserable, low level opponents without getting his shit rocked and taking massive hits.

Even when Basara inevitably beats Leohart with his new form, it isn't really saying much when it's a temporary power up just to give him the plot win. I doubt this will be his new go-to form. It'll be the bankai mode he uses only in "emergencies".
Nov 28, 2015 12:06 AM

Sep 2012
1. As much as I like Maria, I had to go for Lars here. Though there was something off about her. Lars was pretty bad ass here.
2. Cheating was a terrible plot device. Kurumi deserves that can of whop ass if she's seriously going to fall for a trick from their enemy, in a contest for a war. Like, what. Disappointing.
3. As soon as that dude opened his mouth, I knew Yuuki was going to tear him a new one. Sick fight, even though it lasted only 1 second.
4. Wtf are you doing Basara? You go to assassinate someone, you get injured on purpose and then you decide to fucking faint/fall because of that injury? Are you fucking kidding me, man? If you're going to pretend to get hit, at least make it so you're not going to fucking bleed out like a geyser. Smh.
5. Issei has always been a better harem protag than Basara. I like them both, but Basara is only doing the perverted stuff to make them stronger (though Mio is a bit more love, I guess?). Issei has a purpose that few other protags have when building that ecchi-harem (not by accident but on purpose). No one will beat Issei as an ecchi-harem protag (think Rito from To-Love is close though, just needs to clear that doubt and go all out).
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Nov 28, 2015 12:39 AM

Jun 2013
you gotta admit Lars is pretty badass Kurumi lost because she was stupid
Nov 28, 2015 4:11 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The best episode so far.....only action and serious moments. I hope it would be at least like this for the next two episodes.

Although Yuki's match was predictable.....it was still one of the best scene here.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 28, 2015 6:59 AM

Nov 2015
Wow, Nonoka Yuki was amazing, she deafeted that i-don't-remember-the-name demon easily.
Nov 28, 2015 7:58 AM

Jul 2015
Demon's playin' dirty... Well not that i can blame them, they're DEMONS after all. And when everyone is putting their fate in Basara, dude is just chillin' in the middle of a forest. Talk about being lazy...
Nov 28, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2014
Someone please tell, whether it is properly following Light novel? Because it kinda felt rush to me and what's up with that new look of Basara? That didn't happen before :|
Nov 28, 2015 10:12 AM

Feb 2015
seriously, kurumi and maria, i feel bad for her. but i can predict that kurumi will lose. i just don't like the way all that shitty demon spectator just shout "KILL HER! KILL HER! KILL HER!".
and Yuki. my god, she went mad and kill her enemy so easly. damn badass.
"shit demon was talking about Honor and Sin" Oh no plz, just shut up! i don't want to hear your bullshit. and you can't say honor after one of their demon just cheat to their opponent.
Is Ramus really gonna fight leohart ? or Basara will fight him. i don't know that one. i'm waiting for that. 2 more episode left. Good episode overall.
Nov 28, 2015 10:45 AM

Feb 2015
Hate to say it, but this episode and same goes for Ep.7 but I found myself bored about half way through it and greatly thought that this season is a few step's behind season 1.
The best girl is getting little to no action (Zest)..

Will finish and hope so see some major action in the last few episodes, still wish it was more the 10 episodes long though
Nov 28, 2015 3:23 PM
Apr 2015
Lars victory is sadly one of the only highlights of this episode, if you could call it a highlight at all. Why? Because it's the only thing that made some kind of sence.

Kurumi's battle was really stupid. There was no reason for the basara team to think their opponents would play fair. Which makes the way Kurumi handled her situation even more horrid to watch. The only thing she proved is that without Basara holding her hand she can't do shit. What could have been a moment for her character devellopment just got thrown out of the window.

Yuki's battle (while awsome) was just to short to leave any meaningfull impact.

While it is obvious that the council are the "real evil" here there is something about Leohart that just makes me want to hate him even more. His reaction to figuring out one of the matches was rigged was just so hypocritical...

It's kind of sad that this episode continues to prove that this show cannot do anything without it's ecchi gimmick and borderline hentai scenes (which was low tier at best). Which is really sad.
Nov 29, 2015 1:14 AM

Feb 2013
Eyyyy looks like Basara released one of his limiters.
One step closer to his hero armor or whatever we see in the OP.
Nov 29, 2015 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
Well, that answers the question of if Maria has nipples or not.
Nov 29, 2015 5:44 PM

Nov 2013
Why am I still watching this shit?
Nov 30, 2015 1:05 AM

Nov 2015
Basara's character development still far ahead.
But somehow I found myself bored halfway through.
Poor maria and Kurumi. But atleast Yuki won.
Nov 30, 2015 4:08 AM

Aug 2012
Awesome fatality from Yuki.
Dec 1, 2015 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
#1: "Over The Testament" by Metamorphose featuring Yoko Ishida
#2: "Over The Testament ver.2" by Metamorphose featuring Kaori Oda
#3: "Over The Testament ver.3" by Metamorphose featuring Aki Misato

ok I'm curious what's up with the different versions? btw, Ver.4 is Megumi Ogata
Dec 1, 2015 10:56 PM

May 2015
Necromia said:
was delish... Shao Kahn would be proud... Que his patented laughter followed by Flawless victory... ^_^

Basara got Lars as his informant and I'm pretty sure he trust him the bromance is strong Lol! that is why he saw Belphegor as big threat before the actual Demon King that is why he took out one of the people who was plotting some nasty stuff in cahoots with the council from the shadows including making Mio his personal sex slave and possible all of the girls too in addition to being a great threat to the world & all the things that are important to Basara and Bassachi took care of him (Yes he risked an injury before the big fight and he got one but he needed to do so because the tournament provided the best chance for infiltration and the best % for victory) so I don't understand why people are mad at him for making that decision...

I Wished this season would be more than 10 episodes so the arena fight and the previous fights would get a little bit more of animation sequences in the fighting scenes...
Dec 2, 2015 10:55 PM

Aug 2013
Roy_Focker said:
Necromia said:
was delish... Shao Kahn would be proud... Que his patented laughter followed by Flawless victory... ^_^

Basara got Lars as his informant and I'm pretty sure he trust him the bromance is strong Lol! that is why he saw Belphegor as big threat before the actual Demon King that is why he took out one of the people who was plotting some nasty stuff in cahoots with the council from the shadows including making Mio his personal sex slave and possible all of the girls too in addition to being a great threat to the world & all the things that are important to Basara and Bassachi took care of him (Yes he risked an injury before the big fight and he got one but he needed to do so because the tournament provided the best chance for infiltration and the best % for victory) so I don't understand why people are mad at him for making that decision...

I Wished this season would be more than 10 episodes so the arena fight and the previous fights would get a little bit more of animation sequences in the fighting scenes...

I agree. I actually the decisions Basara made. It makes him more interesting in my opinion.
Dec 5, 2015 7:18 AM

Apr 2011
That was awesome.

Lars is badass. And Yuuki was insane to pull that off. She was surely pissed off
Dec 5, 2015 8:30 AM

May 2010
Never mess with Nonaka.
Dec 5, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, that moment where you try to replace your head and realize that it's all your body that is in piece. I guess the council will have to find another personal guard.

I feel like it was a implied a long time from now, but Leohart doesn't seem like the real vilain. In fact, I'd guess that Basara and him will fight at some point together against whatever is that ''thing'' from the council.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 5, 2015 2:42 PM
Apr 2014
So why exactly did Basara go there and kill that guy? Maybe I missed something at the previous episodes(highly unlikely though because I watched last 3 in a row) or that seemed just way too random. Just a to build suspension at the end of the show or something...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

81 by Lmonman »»
Jul 21, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

138 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2015

68 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

70 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 5:44 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.