Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2015 5:39 AM

Jan 2014
I have mixed feelings with Shirou as I can't seem to connect with his character well.

To those who have known Shirou for a while, which version of his is your favorite?
In which FS route do you like his ideals/motivations best? Which route do you think he was the best written and be able to connect with you?

F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 24, 2015 5:48 AM

Sep 2014
1) There's this exact thread in the first cour section.
2) Y no Aachaa?
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 24, 2015 5:51 AM

Nov 2014
Archer.
Jun 24, 2015 5:53 AM

Sep 2014
you should include archer here. if you made this thread with the mind set that i think your making it under then archer should be on the list too. AND mind of steel shirou and put SPOILERS in the title so we can speak freely

ALSO. syou should include an "all of the above" option too. when we're going into this whole shirou stuff one thing people shouldnt overlook is the fact that all of the shirou's your seeing in Fate/stay night is the same person who goes through 3 different character journey's due to how his story pans out.
MaloghurstJun 24, 2015 5:58 AM
Jun 24, 2015 5:56 AM

Aug 2014
UBW Shirou.
InsertanamehereJun 24, 2015 6:07 AM
Jun 24, 2015 5:59 AM

Feb 2015
UBW Shirou because he has the healthiest mentality out of the three.Btw,OP you aren't supposed to relate with a character like Shirou.If you do so,then there is something fundamentally wrong with you.

But I guess then if you want to be a person that has a tortured past and future (as evidenced by archer) , is thoroughly screwed up emotionally to not be able to even smile (until the end of the show with Rin), to have PTSD from a fire where as a 8 year old kid he saw 500 people die along with his parents. Also yes he wishes to be a person with no self preservation who jumps into everything knowing full well he will be killed.

Oh the grand, amazing life of being a forever mentally scarred human being.,then sure you can "relate" or "connect" to him.
Jun 24, 2015 6:04 AM

Jul 2007
There was already thread about this. UBW Shirou won due to him having the most mature, healthy and realistic outlook towards idealism and life. That and he starts being competent earliest(prety much from first berserker encounter) and delivers most of snark and trolling

And yeah, you are not supposed to "relate" to Shirou. For that you'd have to be insane sociopath, have PTSD, have your entire life destroyed alongside hundreds of people you saw die and have dedicated your life towards an impossible an utterly insane goal just because that's the only way for you to continue functioning/living.
Jun 24, 2015 6:05 AM

Aug 2014
lol how is Fate Shirou even winning

old thread
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1348971
Jun 24, 2015 6:07 AM

Jan 2015
HF shirou as it was the only route where he managed to be a truly compelling protagonist imo.
Jun 24, 2015 6:12 AM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:

old thread

Seiba fanbois. It should even out.
Jun 24, 2015 6:12 AM

Sep 2014
laidellent said:
UBW Shirou because he has the healthiest mentality out of the three.Btw,OP you aren't supposed to relate with a character like Shirou.If you do so,then there is something fundamentally wrong with you.

But I guess then if you want to be a person that has a tortured past and future (as evidenced by archer) , is thoroughly screwed up emotionally to not be able to even smile (until the end of the show with Rin), to have PTSD from a fire where as a 8 year old kid he saw 500 people die along with his parents. Also yes he wishes to be a person with no self preservation who jumps into everything knowing full well he will be killed.

Oh the grand, amazing life of being a forever mentally scarred human being.,then sure you can "relate" or "connect" to him.
sure as hell wouldnt wanna meet the guy who can self insert Tohno Shiki
Jun 24, 2015 6:16 AM

Oct 2012
Heavens Feel Shirou, by far.
Jun 24, 2015 6:16 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

old thread

Seiba fanbois. It should even out.

>Implying that Seiba fanboys all love Fate Shirou the most.

Salty. :^)

There ya go, fixed it for ya. ;)

Maloghurst said:
laidellent said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 24, 2015 6:18 AM

Sep 2014
with that being said. thinking you can really "connect"/"relate" to someone like shirou is almost like saying you can relate to Kirei as a person. if your trying to claim that you can then i'm inclined to call bullshit.
Jun 24, 2015 6:21 AM

Sep 2014
Maloghurst said:
with that being said. thinking you can really "connect"/"relate" to someone like shirou is almost like saying you can relate to Kirei as a person. if your trying to claim that you can then i'm inclined to call bullshit.

People like that exist, tho. Whether or not you call bullshit.
Jun 24, 2015 6:21 AM

Jul 2007
Maloghurst said:

Considering Shirou and Kirei are exactly identical in terms of their psychology and drives, yeah.

Nasuverse protagonists are not someone you should "self insert" into. Hell, Tohno Shiki is written to be SCARED of.
Jun 24, 2015 6:23 AM

Feb 2015
Maloghurst said:
laidellent said:

I hate that guy so I won't bother to do that.
Jun 24, 2015 6:25 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Maloghurst said:

Considering Shirou and Kirei are exactly identical in terms of their psychology and drives, yeah.

Nasuverse protagonists are not someone you should "self insert" into. Hell, Tohno Shiki is written to be SCARED of.

I don't think anyone is actually scared of him. ~.~
Jun 24, 2015 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
mira-nyan said:
Maloghurst said:

yes i know people like that exist. i said "inclined" not "will" call bullshit
Jun 24, 2015 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
Maloghurst said:
mira-nyan said:

yes i know people like that exist. i said "inclined" not "will" call bullshit

It doesn't change what I mean, tho.
Jun 24, 2015 6:33 AM

May 2014
Heavens Feel = Prillya>>>>>The Rest.

Prillya is just HF Shirou with more girth to his loins anyway.
Jun 24, 2015 6:35 AM

Jul 2007
mira-nyan said:
CookingPriest said:

"tohno gland" people are not.

Anyone SANE however is. The first healthy reaction to ANYTHING about Tohno Shiki is "holy fucking shit, this dude is fucked up and I would NEVER EVER want to meet him in real life"

WrongPriest said:
Heavens Feel = Prillya>>>>>The Rest.

Prillya is just HF Shirou with more girth to his loins anyway.

Prillya Shirou does not base his decisions on how much he wants to have sex so no.
Jun 24, 2015 6:38 AM

Nov 2013
UBW!Shirou.

Stop making obvious choice polls.
Jun 24, 2015 6:41 AM

Jan 2015
I don't have "favourite" Shirou. All Shirou's as separate beings are uninteresting.
I like the fact that we can see how he evolved in 3 different situations. Without that Shirou is just annoying protagonist.

Marloges said:
Heavens Feel Shirou, by far.

But
Jun 24, 2015 6:48 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
mira-nyan said:

Anyone SANE however is. The first healthy reaction to ANYTHING about Tohno Shiki is "holy fucking shit, this dude is fucked up and I would NEVER EVER want to meet him in real life"

No. >:I

Plus humans are pretty curious. I'm sure they'd find overly extreme people fascinating.
mira-pyonJun 24, 2015 6:52 AM
Jun 24, 2015 6:53 AM

Aug 2010
UBW Shirou. He's the only Shirou i think i can personally get along with without feeling the urge every 5 minutes to punch him in the face (Fate) or the balls (HF). HF Shirou is still way more tolerable for me than than Fate's, though.

So i think it goes something like this:
UBW Shirou > HF Shirou > Archer > Fate Shirou

Need to catch up with Prillya first to form an opinion about its Shirou.
Jun 24, 2015 6:56 AM

Feb 2015
mira-nyan said:
CookingPriest said:

No. >:I

Plus humans are pretty curious. I'm sure they'd find overly extreme people fascinating.

eh....Mira,normal people won't
Jun 24, 2015 7:07 AM

Sep 2014
laidellent said:

By normal people you mean
>You
>Yourself

Ofc, if they weren't interested, they wouldn't read anything that he belongs to. :/
Jun 24, 2015 7:11 AM

Feb 2015
mira-nyan said:
laidellent said:

>You
>Yourself

Ofc, if they weren't interested, they wouldn't read anything that he belongs to. :/

FYI ,I hate Shiki Tohno.I started with Fate and only after finishing it,I read Tsuki to understand certain other things better.I was about to drop it midway but the lore always intrigued me to the point I was able to finish it.I can ignore one sasuga rapist if it means I can understand the world setting better.

Also,Arc ,Ciel(kinda)and Sacchin master race.
Jun 24, 2015 7:12 AM

Jul 2007
You can read about someone while still not ever wanting to see such people in real life.

Silence of the Lambs and all that.
Jun 24, 2015 7:32 AM
Aug 2012
I thought UBW Shirou single-handlely decimated the previous poll.

Someone opened another one........well the answer is obvious.

Jun 24, 2015 7:45 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
You can read about someone while still not ever wanting to see such people in real life.

Silence of the Lambs and all that.
laidellent said:
mira-nyan said:

>You
>Yourself

FYI ,I hate Shiki Tohno.I started with Fate and only after finishing it,I read Tsuki to understand certain other things better.I was about to drop it midway but the lore always intrigued me to the point I was able to finish it.I can ignore one sasuga rapist if it means I can understand the world setting better.

Also,Arc ,Ciel(kinda)and Sacchin master race.

Well IDK about you guys but I find him interesting.

And

Jun 24, 2015 7:49 AM

Jun 2014
VN UBW Shirou because

1.Most objective and realistic look on his ideals and life.

2. Even after understanding that his ideal can't be achieved still follows it with taking his limits into consideration( Rather than abandoning them for a worm s....) because it's not wrong and is strong enough to reject his superior future self(which is his most immature self) and stating that he is not wrong.

3. Has the most natural romance and character progression(no "girls shouldn't fight" or going after a worm s......).
Jun 24, 2015 7:52 AM

Aug 2014
mira-nyan said:

Well IDK about you guys but I find him interesting.

So do I.

Jun 24, 2015 7:53 AM

Jul 2011
His HF version, after that, his UBW one.
Jun 24, 2015 7:53 AM

Sep 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

this poll was made by a rather entheusiastic new fan who doesnt particularly care for how "not-dark" shirou is
Jun 24, 2015 7:55 AM

Mar 2014
I like the one who says that people die when they are killed
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 24, 2015 8:00 AM

Feb 2015
mira-nyan said:

What?
Jun 24, 2015 8:04 AM

Sep 2014
Comic_Sans said:
I like the one who says that people die when they are killed
and that girls deserved to be raped for not being feminine enough
Jun 24, 2015 8:09 AM
Aug 2012
laidellent said:
mira-nyan said:

What?

Mira needs help...........her desire for Seiba is overflowing.

Maloghurst said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

this poll was made by a rather entheusiastic new fan who doesnt particularly care for how "not-dark" shirou is

Well we already have enough of those.

Personally i don't like HF Shirou since he took the easy way out in a sense.........maybe realistic but not to my likeliness.

Jun 24, 2015 8:10 AM

Jun 2014
"I really don't like Shirou as a character and I think there are much better written characters in Fate"

- This option is here because of Miura-sama's perfect vision that portrays the 'PERFECT MAN' beyond perfect.
Jun 24, 2015 8:36 AM

Apr 2014
The Faker is a dense repulsive idiot. There are many other characters who are much better written, such as the magnificent The King of Heroes.
Jun 24, 2015 8:51 AM

Sep 2014
ZeroDragon said:
The Faker is a dense repulsive idiot. There are many other characters who are much better written, such as the magnificent The King of Heroes.
your just mad because the anime made you out to just be a spamin ass baby back bitch. all your loyal fans are now drowning in their tears not realising they're all just puppets. puppets that fill the cups with wine and Yuetsu.
Jun 24, 2015 9:15 AM

Feb 2009
Shirou Kotomine.
In terms of development, UBW Shirou.
In terms of combat power, 3rei Shirou.
Jun 24, 2015 9:15 AM
Aug 2012
ZeroDragon said:

So King of Heroes, i always wondered something...........how that Arm Slice and Headshot felt especially when delivered to you by your most hated Fakers. An accurate description if you please..........

BR, AD and GA still make the threads fun

Jun 24, 2015 9:25 AM

Aug 2014
He didn't throw away his ideal. He just changed it significantly.
Jun 24, 2015 9:26 AM

Sep 2014
FakePriest said:
HF Shirou.
UBW Shirou isn't "complete" if he were faced with a dilemma of saving either Rin or 2 random people then what would he do? Either follow in Kerry's footsteps or abandon his ideals to save his loved one.
So HF Shirou is the most "complete" and realistic one as he has thrown away his impossible ideal for his loved one. Plus it was only in HF that I really really came to like Shirou.

If Shirou was faced in that situation, he would save Rin and continue on being a hero.
He accepts that he can't do what he can't do. And if push comes to shove, giving him no other choices, he will save the people more precious to him.

HF Shirou doesn't throw away his ideals, he just turns it on his head. He still wants to be a hero, but to his loved ones, not everyone(including strangers).
mira-pyonJun 24, 2015 9:29 AM
Jun 24, 2015 9:31 AM

Sep 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
ZeroDragon said:

So King of Heroes, i always wondered something...........how that Arm Slice and Headshot felt especially when delivered to you by your most hated Fakers. An accurate description if you please..........

BR, AD and GA still make the threads fun
the only thing on the king of heroe mind
Jun 24, 2015 9:32 AM

Sep 2014
FakePriest said:
Yeah I know but that's pretty much throwing it away. He didn't save everyone and picked Sakura. HF Shirou is more ready to save his loved one when push comes to shove. Who know what UBW Shirou will do, maybe he'd try to save everyone and fail.

No, you're thinking of FateShirou.

Like I said, he knows what he can't do.

HF Shirou: Save Sakura, I am her knight. Everyone else is always secondary.
UBW Shirou: I can only save one. I accept that I can't save all of them and since Rin is the most precious to me, I'll choose her.

Ofc, it's an immediate choice for HF Shirou, but UBW Shirou will still choose Rin, rather than trying to do something he knows he can't. He isn't too selfish, but he isn't selfless either; he's thought about his decision. And it's best to think logically before acting.
mira-pyonJun 24, 2015 9:35 AM
Jun 24, 2015 9:45 AM

Sep 2014
FakePriest said:
mira-nyan said:

No, you're thinking of FateShirou.

Like I said, he knows what he can't do.

HF Shirou: Save Sakura, I am her knight. Everyone else is always secondary.
UBW Shirou: I can only save one. I accept that I can't save all of them and since Rin is the most precious to me, I'll choose her.

Ofc, it's an immediate choice for HF Shirou, but UBW Shirou will still choose Rin, rather than trying to do something he knows he can't. He isn't too selfish, but he isn't selfless either; he's thought about his decision. And it's best to think logically before acting.

Yeah ur probably right well the only time I really came to like Shirou was HF so w/e

Finally, I won a debate against you.

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!11111ONEONEONE

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.