Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 23, 2015 8:25 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

- This thread is only about this episode / this anime. If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use separate threads.
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting/abuse/harassment will not be tolerated.

For more information see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]
May 30, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Shirou:

Was fun seeing how intimidating Gilgamesh is in this episode. It's also about time he took out Shinji. Glad ufotable didn't censor that part. GG Shinji. What an ending that was lol.

May 30, 2015 8:25 AM

Sep 2013
Mongrel was finally used. I am pleased.

Jan 2011
Dem giant swords. So chuuni.
What's with the Saber commentary, and why was LE there? Rushed shit is rushed.

The second half was pretty well adapted imo. Except the CG.

HNNNNNNNGGGG

DOLPHINS NEXT EP
KuremisagoMay 30, 2015 8:35 AM

May 2014
Uh huh.

Appropriate Emiya usage was appropriate.

I swear that episode went for 14 minutes
WrongPriestMay 30, 2015 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
Well.

At least Gil said "zashuu"

Jul 2007
UfoUBW Episode 9: Let's name the episode Answer and give none of that
"We are gonna change anime to avoid pointless monologuing everywhere guys!"
"And by that we mean we will remove only shirou's monologues"
"Let's have Saber, Rin, ARcher and everyone else monologue, get flashbacks, etc, hell let's give a freaking Grail a flashback, while Shirou remains blank slate"
"YEah! And while we are at it let's spend all our budget on pointless landscapes while we replace fights with sfx clashes and use poor cgi for ubw."
"Should we change why Gil leaves? That was stupid even in VN? We changed a lot already where it was not even needed"
"Nah it is okay like that. Gil does not like getting dirty"

Great job ufo.

Otherwise Archer keeps projecting swords inside UBW and trashes Shirou around. What was the point of last episode again if the start of this episode reset it all again?

Then Shirou goes Naruto, powers up AGAIN(despite doing it at end of last episode for nor eason apparantly) and then ufo goes full deen.

To cut it short - ACTUAL "Answer" got rushed as hell in favor of adding unneeded padding and rushing some more

And then we talk some more! And then Ufo manages to completely miss the point of WHY AND HOW ARcher gets stabbed there by Gil. It does not even look he knew it will happen. But of course Based Mary Sue Rin can see swords coming when a fucking servant could not.

And we get GIl's explanation somehow stuffed into this episode too! Complete with half-assed CGI grail. "Unlimited Budget Works" my ass.

Ufotable managed to completely misrepresent Shirou and the main ideal conflict of the whole show and somehow even after Answer managed to keep Shirou a blank slate. Somehow the episode that should have defined Shirou's journey so far and what he believes in became a pointless Gil exposition episode.
Was this the worst episode of whole UBW so far? Certainly close to Gatorade Master episode, but does not take the crown yet. Beat the Temple Talking Episode tho. Unlimited Talking Works indeed.

We are back to the usual question? With Answer horribly rushed in a half-an-episode, just what the hell will they spend next 4 episodes on?...

1/5.
AhenshihaelMay 30, 2015 8:30 AM

Oct 2010
Happy end for Shiniji xoxo, atleast he didn't explode like the ones in Psycho Pass

May 30, 2015 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
It was alright, I still have some problems with the Answer scene but the message was there for most part, I think. The whole projected swords and giant swords was still dumb, as well as Shirou somehow getting some kind of power up compared to;

It is an unbelievable technique.* "Nu!?" His attacking body is on the verge of death. His fingers are broken, his limbs are slashed, and his breathing has stopped without him even realizing it. His speed is nothing, and his attack is mediocre. The boy that has absorbed his combat skills to the point where he's able to fight decently, has now returned to fighting without them. An unskilled, frantic attack.
...But still...
This blow is heavier than any that came before.

Those words are driven into his chest.
An attack made at full strength, defense that should have been fast enough…
The cogwheels never got into gear and the battle is decided quickly.

And they missed Gil explaining the Grails purpose as a gate to the origin, and for some reason said he doesn't know what the creators intended. Ah well, at least they did the bit about his hate for the modern world and whatnot right.

And lol they change random unnecessary things but they couldn't change this silly Gil leaving scene. Just make the fire or castle collapse more intense damn.

No arms scene with Shinji, boo. And lol, physically smashing his stomach for a spiritual operation.

Magic crest and dolphin transfer whyyyy
InsertanamehereMay 30, 2015 11:37 AM
May 30, 2015 8:27 AM

Jul 2007
Was it just me or ufo made another plothole by having Shinji sprout blood when it was supposed to be a spiritual surgery kind of thing instead? -_-
May 30, 2015 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
Maerow said:

That end, my sides hurt, Shinji is saving this show.

That face was amazing.
May 30, 2015 8:28 AM

Feb 2015
pointless saberflashback
cutting answer
using giant sword likes DEEN
no dainslef
Gil using generic swords
sasuga ufotable
May 30, 2015 8:29 AM

Aug 2010
Goddammit! Missed the answer on the stream :/

Rin's "ARCHEER!!!" was chilling.

Shirou looked badass from the seconds I've seen of him. Gil's motive suits him quite well.

Shinji suffering animated? 10/10 just for that.

Will watch the subbed version to give my full assessment.
May 30, 2015 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
xShigarakix said:
saberflashback

If you thought that was a flashback,then i don't know what to say to you.
May 30, 2015 8:30 AM

Feb 2015
That Gil appearance...

May 30, 2015 8:30 AM

Mar 2015
After last weeks episode being surprisingly good I dared to have hopes...but this was not good imo.
Kinda sad when Shinji is the best thing in such an important episode.

_HeroKenzan_May 30, 2015 8:33 AM
May 30, 2015 8:31 AM

Sep 2014
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
xShigarakix said:
saberflashback

It was, tho.
The sun is a deadly laser
May 30, 2015 8:31 AM

Aug 2014
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
xShigarakix said:
saberflashback

They repeated her flashback from last week before showing the.....the....Avalon/LE thing
May 30, 2015 8:32 AM

Dec 2014
10/10 because Gil.

I guess I'll just have to accept that Shirou can invade Archer's UBW despite not knowing anything about reality marbles at all at this point then, oh well that's not really important anyways. That's another retcon I'll have to take in account later though.

EDIT: VN elistist are being so salty again, sigh. This is honestly a good episode. Why do you guys complain at everything that's not 1:1 adapted?
GradationAirMay 30, 2015 8:37 AM
May 30, 2015 8:32 AM

Oct 2014
Name episode Answer, spend large amount of time on Gil. I guess I expected too much.
May 30, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2011
I think at this point ufotable fans cannot criticize the giant swords thing in the Deen movie. It is also a really big dissapointment the fact they still fail to understand how UBW works.
May 30, 2015 8:34 AM

Aug 2013
Insertanamehere said:
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

They repeated her flashback from last week before showing the.....the....Avalon/LE thing

Looked more like showing the two sides of her.

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
Name episode Answer, spend large amount of time on Gil. I guess I expected too much.

At this point it is fair to say that Ufo will keep us surprised on just how low they can go in quality. Can they reach the depths of worst of worst that are Dragonaut and Mars of Destruction? Even if that ideal is impossible, they will surely try to.

Feb 2015
and looks like we get dolphin
May 30, 2015 8:35 AM

Jan 2014
Lol, let's name this episode Answer and imply we'll focus on Shirou and his character exposition, but lol no, lets just make it 5min instead with Saber flashbacks and monologues and then waste the rest of 20mins on Gil and Zero flashbacks.

Not gonna really bother mentioning the other problems I've had with this episode. Dropped this adaption to 2/10 just because last episode was decent and it gave me hope Answer will turn out great, but instead turns out like this. Not that everything before that episode was even good though.

Expecting Gil vs Shirou to be filled with Gil's flashbacks about his life and most of it getting rushed or sidelined for other things.
May 30, 2015 8:35 AM

May 2014
AWW SHIT SON< DOLPHINS INCOMING

Rin's nasu confirmed defenseless
May 30, 2015 8:36 AM

Mar 2011
May 30, 2015 8:37 AM

Dec 2013
the worst episode so far
Saber got an unnecessary flashaback
Gil got an unnecessary flashback
Rin's scream was fucking terrible
time wasted on Rin looking at fire
Answer was cut
giant swords

literally retarded
and of all the things for ufo to change, why not Gil's reason to leave
it's fine to change everything that makes UBW good but not the stupid stuff?

1/5

hopefully ufo fanboys aren't as delusional now and can see how much of a trainwreck this shit is
BAN ME
May 30, 2015 8:37 AM

Jul 2007
Raziel1991 said:

I think that will happen. UBW is a scenery piece anyway and does nothing.

TEMEEEEEEEEE
May 30, 2015 8:44 AM

Jul 2013

<3 GARcher's flashback + Naked Gil 10/10
May 30, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2014
WrongPriest said:
AWW SHIT SON< DOLPHINS INCOMING

Rin's nasu confirmed defenseless

dolphins confirmed
May 30, 2015 8:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Never thought I'd see the day when people can't appreciate character development

I didn't know that Shirou was the only character in this series and he and only he deserves to get focus and be fleshed out *derp*
May 30, 2015 8:47 AM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
Never thought I'd see the day when people can't appreciate character development

I didn't know that Shirou was the only character in this series and he and only he deserves to get focus and be fleshed out *derp*

Except Shirou isn't fleshed out, and that's why it's frustrating. Can't do monologues guys(for Shirou apparently), but Saber and Archer get them this episode.
May 30, 2015 8:48 AM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
Tokoya said:

Except Shirou isn't fleshed out, and that's why it's frustrating.

That's an understatement. Ufo-Shirou is literally John "McTrousers" Doe.
May 30, 2015 8:50 AM

Mar 2011
Also another big dissapointment for me was the fact that EMIYA and Shirou did not use Caladbolg and Durandal like in the VN.
May 30, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
Tokoya said:

''Yeah, lets not focus on the main character that is literally center point of the whole story and thematical messages, but instead flash back to Zero shit and try giving more exposition to Gil''.

inbefore ''but shirou is fleshed out enough in this adaption''.

Ok.
May 30, 2015 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
What monologue from the VN should they have included?

Aug 2010

Aug 2013
astroprogs said:
Did EMIYA at least play?

It did.

Aug 2014
Raziel1991 said:
Also another big dissapointment for me was the fact that EMIYA and Shirou did not use Caladbolg and Durandal like in the VN.

Inb4 Kanshou and Bakuya only later too.
astroprogs said:
Did EMIYA at least play?

Yeah for like 30 seconds
May 30, 2015 8:54 AM

Mar 2015
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
astroprogs said:
Did EMIYA at least play?

It did.

Then my life is complete. I can't wait for the subs :V
May 30, 2015 8:55 AM

Aug 2010
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
astroprogs said:
Did EMIYA at least play?

It did.

Phew. Ok, that's good.

Insertanamehere said:
astroprogs said:
Did EMIYA at least play?

Yeah for like 30 seconds

May 30, 2015 8:55 AM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:

Insertanamehere said:

Yeah for like 30 seconds

+1 if true. .___.
May 30, 2015 8:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
nocorras said:
Tokoya said:

Except Shirou isn't fleshed out, and that's why it's frustrating. Can't do monologues guys(for Shirou apparently), but Saber and Archer get them this episode.
That's besides the point here

All this talk about "unnecessary this and that for other characters is completely ridiculous and is what I'm referring to

Saber is a main character and so far most of what she's done in this cour is be a victim to Caster's bullshit. I know that you purists always say that FSN isn't a sequel bla bla bla but it is to an extent and as such UFO are treating it that way....She's a good character and for a popular character such as herself I'm baffled as to why none of you can even appreciate the time they're giving her

IIRC, FSN is a VN filled with 3 routes with focus on not only Shirou but with said lead female character which in this case is Rin.....I shouldn't need to explain why any form of development for her isn't unnecessary or useless

And lastly, Gil is obviously the final antagonist of this route and like with Saber, he hasn't had much development himself besides destroying Ilya and her crew and like with Rin, him being main character is qualification enough for him to receive more fleshing out. Heck, I can even take a page out of you guy's books where you tell people to watch Zero after and as such if people actually did that, then how would they know anything about Gil? Same can be said about the grail
May 30, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2011
Meh, i do think that Answer wrapped up too quick but i can't rly imagine how they would adapt this scene in anime.

May 30, 2015 8:59 AM

Aug 2014
Tokoya said:
Heck, I can even take a page out of you guy's books where you tell people to watch Zero after and as such if people actually did that, then how would they know anything about Gil? Same can be said about the grail

Lol'd irl
May 30, 2015 9:01 AM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
nocorras said:

All this talk about "unnecessary this and that for other characters is completely ridiculous and is what I'm referring to

Saber is a main character and so far most of what she's done in this cour is be a victim to Caster's bullshit. I know that you purists always say that FSN isn't a sequel bla bla bla but it is to an extent and as such UFO are treating it that way....She's a good character and for a popular character such as herself I'm baffled as to why none of you can even appreciate the time they're giving her

IIRC, FSN is a VN filled with 3 routes with focus on not only Shirou but with said lead female character which in this case is Rin.....I shouldn't need to explain why any form of development for her isn't unnecessary or useless

And lastly, Gil is obviously the final antagonist of this route and like with Saber, he hasn't had much development himself besides destroying Ilya and her crew and like with Rin, him being main character is qualification enough for him to receive more fleshing out. Heck, I can even take a page out of you guy's books where you tell people to watch Zero after and as such if people actually did that, then how would they know anything about Gil? Same can be said about the grail

Saber is not a main character in UBW, argue it all you want but she's not.

Gil does not need development he is not important to the themes.

What if I told you things got explained in a certain order in the VN for a reason. There's a reason the VN doesn't go over Gil very much, guess what that is, oh wait I already said it.
May 30, 2015 9:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Tokoya said:
Heck, I can even take a page out of you guy's books where you tell people to watch Zero after and as such if people actually did that, then how would they know anything about Gil? Same can be said about the grail

Lol'd irl
Can't argue with salty purists *rolleyes*
May 30, 2015 9:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
nocorras said:
Tokoya said:

Saber is not a main character in UBW.

Gil does not need development is not important to the themes.

What if I told you things got explained in a certain order in the VN for a reason.
She's important to the series regardless if she's not "the main female character" which is what you should say

Yeah, let's just randomly through in a big bad who was barely seen in the first cour and not give any form of development or explanations behind his actions besides being the big bad

I'm sorry, I didn't know that I was reading a VN, I could have sworn that this was an anime
May 30, 2015 9:07 AM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
nocorras said:

Saber is not a main character in UBW.

Gil does not need development is not important to the themes.

What if I told you things got explained in a certain order in the VN for a reason.
She's important to the series regardless if she's not "the main female character" which is what you should say

Yeah, let's just randomly through in a big bad who was barely seen in the first cour and not give any form of development or explanations behind his actions besides being the big bad

I'm sorry, I didn't know that I was reading a VN, I could have sworn that this was an anime

No,I meant what I said, she is not a main character in UBW, female or not.

He gave his explanations in the basement, and they're quite clear, also he should have briefly went over them here and that would take all of 30 seconds to explain what he wanted to do.

Yeah and I don't know why I'm bothering to waste my time, so feel free to be clueless I guess.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.