Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 10, 2015 9:42 AM
May 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Seo Kouji did it . yeah be ready for some Truth .

Seo Kouji played with you all again . check the raw and you will understand it.

I have maintained this point from start that ONE SHOT was far far better than this money grabbing Serialisation .
TyrelMay 12, 2015 12:49 PM
latest manga raws/spoilers/covers/colour pictures updates at https://www.facebook.com/Manga.Utopia
May 10, 2015 11:23 AM

Dec 2013
When they were saying goodbye those giant boobs were so distracting!
May 10, 2015 11:42 AM
Dec 2012
I cant read japanese.Can anyone tell me what exactly happened?
May 12, 2015 7:07 AM

Oct 2013
raptor360 said:
I cant read japanese.Can anyone tell me what exactly happened?

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 12, 2015 11:00 AM
Dec 2012
Damn that is one shitty ending.
May 12, 2015 12:48 PM

Sep 2011
Thread merged
May 14, 2015 2:23 AM

Nov 2011
Shitty ending.

I really wish this could of been longer.
May 14, 2015 3:40 AM

Apr 2014
I think it was fine but definitely could have been better had it been longer.
Man,Seo should have dropped Fuuka and worked on this instead >.>
Anyway 7/10,bitter sweet ending I guess.
No insight on those asshole Childhood friend and Ex girlfriend of Shinichi.

May 14, 2015 3:44 AM

Dec 2014
So, you can summarize the manga in "She killed him 2 times".
May 14, 2015 3:59 AM
Nov 2011
rajin90 said:
I have maintained this point from start that ONE SHOT was far far better than this money grabbing Serialisation .
Well, good thing is that he didn't even get a single yen from me. :P =)
May 14, 2015 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
Meh ending.
May 14, 2015 4:22 AM

Nov 2013
Guess I'm different? I may tone it back in a couple of weeks but I really really liked the ending and I think that this might by Seo's best work.

Might also because the recent Evergreen took a giant shit on me with its ending whereas this didn't so that augments Half & Half's perceived quality, but whatever, I still liked it.
May 14, 2015 4:22 AM

Oct 2013
Shinichi died because of the bloody one shot.

Ending could have been so much better. I think the story could have went on longer tbh but having both of them survive would be too predictable I guess. Or both of em dying would be stupid. So I guess iot one of the othr.

Then again. Having him die was also predictable.

Also the son seems to be the reincarnation of him lol
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 14, 2015 4:39 AM

Jan 2011

Well, okay I guess. I'd just advise to read the one shot instead, unless you want to see some titties. I just can't believe they dragged it out for so long.
May 14, 2015 4:56 AM

Nov 2013
daAmazinFatB0y said:
Shinichi died because of the bloody one shot.

I mean, no matter what, Seo would get flack cause of the one-shot. If Shinichi didn't die, it's because Seo wanted to stay true to the One-Shot. If anything else happened, it would be reasoned that Seo wanted to be different from the One-shot and/or copped out. So I feel Seo ended it the way he wanted it to.
May 14, 2015 5:13 AM

Mar 2012
I guess this ending is more touching than the one shot with the girl survive and their child there. But, what bugged me is if Shinichi already knew that she was pregnant, why wasn't he make the decision from the start. I know he already prepared the letter beforehand that he'll be the one who's gonna die but looks to me he suddenly changed his mind only after he heard Yuuki's conscience/inner voice.

Edited: Sorry for the misleading. Inner voice is Shinji's. That explains for page 17-19. Thanks to ClawViper and CapsuleCore for the enlighment.
Claude_KennyMay 14, 2015 1:34 PM
Keep moving forward
May 14, 2015 5:22 AM

Jan 2011
This was a decent ending and still got me feeling quite emotional. Even the slightest bitter-sweet ending can get me. x_x It was a nice twist compared to the one-shot's ending; letting Yuuki live and Shinichi sacrifice himself instead. If only they could've been together. ;~;
May 14, 2015 5:53 AM

Sep 2011
The ending was a bit sad, but the story from beginig to end was entertaining.
May 14, 2015 6:51 AM

Feb 2013
i am suprised that 1 rly died... i was 90% sure it will be a both surrive ending 0.o
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
May 14, 2015 7:18 AM

Oct 2014
Smooki said:
i am suprised that 1 rly died... i was 90% sure it will be a both surrive ending 0.o

same here, part of me is ok with the child in the epilogue, part of me sad because I hoped both of them would survive
May 14, 2015 7:45 AM

Dec 2012
GenT-san said:
I guess this ending is more touching than the one shot with the girl survive and their child there. But, what bugged me is if Shinichi already knew that she was pregnant, why wasn't he make the decision from the start. I know he already prepared the letter beforehand that he'll be the one who's gonna die but looks to me he suddenly changed his mind only after he heard Yuuki's conscience/inner voice.

I actually think it is the child's inner voice - not too sure what happened there but I thought it was the child who said that he wanted to live.

Decent premise and execution, I enjoyed the one shot's ending better as I felt that it has more impact but this short series built up their relationship better. 7/10.
May 14, 2015 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
GenT-san said:

Shinichi had his suspicions, because he was able to hear more than one voice sometimes. That voice came up again, when Yuuki decided to die, so Shinichi was sure that it was his child. He couldn't allow Yuuki to die, even if she wanted him to live.

Shinichi wrote two letters before they had to make their decision and Yuuki only gets to read hers, if his suspicions, which he also wrote in that letter, are confirmed and she really is pregnant with his child.
May 14, 2015 11:46 AM

Jun 2011
I didn't like the ending that much but I still enjoyed reading it from beginning to end.
As much as we all wanted them both to live at the beginning it was made clear that one of them had to die.
May 14, 2015 12:24 PM

Nov 2014
For those confused; Yeah it was Shinichi's child's inner voice saying ''i want to live''. Go to page 18-19 ''Inside this kid's little voice... you want to live too''. No the kid is not a reincarnation of Shinichi. He already had a mind/soul of his own in the womb, even before Shinichi died. Shinichi had decided that he'll be the one to die since he realized that Yuki was pregnant, thus he made a second letter to his father to tell him to look after Yuki and his grandchild(Shinichi's child). I guess the author waited till the very end so it could be more dramatic...Or maybe Shinichi was waiting for the child to show its will to live, so it's easier for Yuki to understand and accept his choice to die.
SpringPrincessMay 14, 2015 12:30 PM
May 14, 2015 12:47 PM

Mar 2012
ClawViper said:
I actually think it is the child's inner voice - not too sure what happened there but I thought it was the child who said that he wanted to live.

Decent premise and execution, I enjoyed the one shot's ending better as I felt that it has more impact but this short series built up their relationship better. 7/10.

CapsuleCore said:
Shinichi had his suspicions, because he was able to hear more than one voice sometimes. That voice came up again, when Yuuki decided to die, so Shinichi was sure that it was his child. He couldn't allow Yuuki to die, even if she wanted him to live.

Shinichi wrote two letters before they had to make their decision and Yuuki only gets to read hers, if his suspicions, which he also wrote in that letter, are confirmed and she really is pregnant with his child.

Ohh so that inner voice is their child's voice huh, I thought it was Yuuki's. Silly me sigh. That explains what Yuuki said and thought on page 17-19. Thanks for the enlightment guys..
Claude_KennyMay 14, 2015 1:06 PM
Keep moving forward
May 14, 2015 2:14 PM

Jul 2010
It was a pretty good ending. It really surprised me! I wish this series had been longer, though...
May 14, 2015 2:55 PM

Nov 2012
Meh, I am going to pretend I never read this. I liked the one shot ending better.
IMO This ending was a bit exaggerated that it was even a little bit comical....
Bittersweet ending of the one shot had more feeling to it. I felt more the love of them in the shot ending.
One shot was better at expressing their emotions.
It was a nice touch that she had his child, but that kind of overwhelmed the whole drama from him giving up his life for her sake.

Basically,
From the one shot ending: They love each other so much that they were willing to die for the other's sake. (bittersweet but really nice ending)
This ending: She had his baby, so they loved each other.....WTF.... well, at least it wasn't as bad as when Seo made Haruto from KNIM more mature just by making other character mention that he is more mature, instead of actually showing any actions to prove he has mature.
jose21May 14, 2015 3:02 PM
May 14, 2015 4:09 PM

Jun 2010
Anything is better than Fuuka at this point. Love Seo's art but god his writing....
May 15, 2015 12:04 AM

Oct 2013
The ending wasn't that bad, but yea it could have been better. 7/10.
May 15, 2015 12:26 AM

Jan 2013
Goddammit Seo, and you too god.
I was waiting for the two of them to live. Although a kid was a possibility, didn't thought that much about it...
May 26, 2015 4:31 AM

Aug 2014
This is a lot better than KNIM, I think this would fall in Seo's top works. The ending was great, it would have been perfect if the mc survived *sigh* Animation is good as usual lol
Jun 17, 2015 3:56 AM

May 2014
I think it would've been better if Yuuki died. But I'm fine with this ending too. Regardless the ending I loved this manga ^^
Jul 4, 2015 7:45 AM
Oct 2013
ok...so,, it ended quite well would probably be the common reaction but...as for me, I'm a bit disappointed....I was kinda hoping for an not-so-unrealistic-yet-so-perfectly-beautiful-and-awesome ending (like Tasogare Otome) for this mysterious and incredible series....but, well...my expectations aren't quite met --- though it ended with quite beautifully.....It was enjoyable, indeed
Jul 7, 2015 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
I'm ok with this ending although I wanted them both to survive . Better than one-shot imo

6/10
Aug 5, 2015 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
"Fuck me, fuck my life, fuck sad stories, fuck everything." -> That's the kind of feeling I'm feeling after reading this last chapter.
Aug 31, 2015 8:37 PM
Jul 2015
I read this like 2 months ago, coming back, I'm feeling those empty feels again that I felt after reading the last chapter. I feel like this manga had WAAAY to much potential to be something much, much more. I would have loved for there to be some special condition or something and they could both end up living. As much as that sounds super cliche and convenient, I loved the characters way too much in this manga. I also felt like the ending was so rushed and so tear-jerking, and with that picture of the MC at the end that his son drew...F**K YOU SEO. WHY U DO DIS
One dream that will probably never come true: A full anime adaptation of Kimi no Iru Machi or Suzuka anime reboot.

"It Happens."
Sep 19, 2015 11:09 PM

Apr 2012
I was half expecting this ending. Seo pulled off a male protagonist dying ending in LOVE LETTER way before, so...
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 24, 2015 6:55 AM

Dec 2010
It's plot like this that makes me want Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou to be real.

Sorry, God, but you're are still a selfish bitch who ruins people's lives, so I asked Akuto to kill you. Hope you don't mind.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Dec 11, 2015 10:45 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, fucking shitty ending.

Glad they had a kid at least.
Dec 24, 2015 6:39 PM
Sep 2013
almost good ending, if i were the guy i would also presume that my gf is pregnant and it is worth to die and let them live.

but he made a big risk, he should ask god first if his gf is pregnant haha

Dec 25, 2015 6:25 PM

Aug 2014
Love this manga. Bittersweet end but I still love it.
Feb 9, 2016 6:25 AM

Oct 2013
Great ending... he made the predictable be unpredictable in the end. nice read
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
Apr 21, 2016 10:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
He managed to actually susprise me with the ending which was pretty unpredictable. Enjoyed this read.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2016 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Nice. It's sad but I'm kind of glad they didn't worm their way around the whole thing and really had someone go.
Jun 16, 2016 8:33 PM

Mar 2012
So it ends with the mommy have MC's child to remember him by, plus the painting of course. Did not expect her to be living with his family, but it makes sense since his house was so big.

Just read the one shot and it took the other route with MC living and remembering her by the drawing he drew. This serialized one was better imo.
ninja88880Jun 16, 2016 8:37 PM
Jul 11, 2016 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
Best ending given how it was true to its premise.
Would be interesting to know if she can ever find love again given her experiences.
That would make for a compelling manga
Feb 13, 2017 8:10 AM

Aug 2013
Really this last chapter fucked me up... i cried to much and i didin't know what to do with my life. And this bonus chapter, this guy is shinichi? WTF
Jul 9, 2017 4:48 PM

May 2010
Okay, didn't expect that kind of ending, can't say I loved it though... They've had sex like 4 times, it's a miracle she even managed to get pregnant within a few hours, but mmkay. Real question is: why did Shin'ichi know that they had a kid?! He wrote about that in his letter, but at that point he couldn't possibly have any idea about that...

Sooshiee said:
And this bonus chapter, this guy is shinichi? WTF

Yeah, what was with that? I didn't get it either T^T

Anyway, I hoped for some explaination about why God would put them in that situation, if one of them had to die either way. Why make them go through that trial? I thought there would be some deeper level to that, but lolnope, it's just a creative set-up for a romance story. Meeh.

Too bad, because other than that it was quite fun to read, and drawings were totally adorable - 7/10
Dec 18, 2017 2:42 AM

Jan 2013
SNaG21 said:
Guess I'm different? I may tone it back in a couple of weeks but I really really liked the ending and I think that this might by Seo's best work.

Same here, Whoo!Fingers crossed for that child.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jan 4, 2018 1:02 PM

Mar 2016
Final verdict: it was not good.
I wish that the author wouldn't have relied so much on the one shot. To me, the scenes taken straight from the oneshot. The whole tennis club act of the story should have been cut out all together, or at least given it a bigger impact. Right now I'm feeling like a whole lotta nothing happened in this manga. The ending felt forced and the last chapter could have been cut out all together. The art was bland and boring.
I strongly prefer the oneshot over the 13 chapter manga.Though it was far from amazing, it managed to do well telling a simple yet compelling story. You had to fill in the gaps of what happened during that seven days. That made the relationship between the characters at least believable, unlike in the full story.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Half & Half Chapter 3 Discussion

PapasPasta - Dec 20, 2012

28 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 18, 2022 10:49 AM

» Chapter: 0

Ngodslayer - Jan 10, 2015

4 by ANormalUser »»
Jun 27, 2022 4:22 AM

» Who cried?

Zestiria - Mar 30, 2021

2 by Draven4 »»
Apr 19, 2021 3:17 AM

Poll: » Half & Half Chapter 1 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 9, 2012

31 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Jul 30, 2020 9:22 AM

Poll: » Half & Half Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2013

17 by MDLegs »»
Jan 4, 2018 7:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.