Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2015 8:45 PM

Jul 2014
At first he was trying to protect the princess but then he tried to take over the world? I see how earth made him kind of like Lelouch (zero) from code Geass , as he was the fault and after hi demise everything became better. But that was clearly not Slaine's intentions given what happened in the final. So What was he trying to do the whole time?! I have no idea what his thought process was. Anyone , please help me
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2015 9:07 PM

Apr 2012
No one knows.
Mar 28, 2015 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
Do not compare this to anything Code Geass
Mar 28, 2015 9:13 PM

Mar 2015
abyss333 said:
At first he was trying to protect the princess but then he tried to take over the world? I see how earth made him kind of like Lelouch (zero) from code Geass , as he was the fault and after hi demise everything became better. But that was clearly not Slaine's intentions given what happened in the final. So What was he trying to do the whole time?! I have no idea what his thought process was. Anyone , please help me

From my believe he trying to go about creating a new faction on earth consisting of Counts that are/could be forced to be loyal to Seylum and once he achieved it he was have her take the throne to ensure an empire that would follow her rule.. but when things didnt go his way especially with Seylum been rescued by Cain/rejecting the path he was taking to achieve it and Inaho getting in his way he broke mentally giving us what happened in the last couple eps
Mar 28, 2015 9:13 PM

Jul 2014
I am not. i am saying they tried to imply he was someone like ZERO (thats the only character i know like that) but he clearly wasnt.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 28, 2015 9:14 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
The same motivations Gai had from Guilty Crown.
Mar 28, 2015 9:15 PM

Jan 2015
IZEROII said:

Actually it's pretty comparable, and Slaine is a mix of Lelouch and Suzaku and some Char. These writers used these 3 characters as the template for Slaine, and it's painfully obvious.

However, this show was horribly written.
Mar 28, 2015 9:24 PM
Jul 2012
Slaine was trying to do 2 things. One make Vers united as well make it so people would be more accepting to people in situations similar to him.
Mar 28, 2015 9:33 PM

Apr 2010
Homura_ said:

Better comparison than Code Geass. Ugh, don't shame a good series.
Mar 28, 2015 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
antonnn said:
Homura_ said:

Thank you. Both are inferior attempts.
Mar 28, 2015 9:40 PM

Mar 2012
antonnn said:
Homura_ said:

Look, I get why you are offended but you really can make Code Geass comparisons (and even Gundam 00 but I'm a little sketchy on the Valvrave comparisons since Inaho got off fine here). The inspiration for some of this show's direction is very clear. Just because it hurts to associate with Code Geass doesn't mean you should dismiss the comparisons like they aren't there.
Mar 28, 2015 9:48 PM

Jan 2015
MetaKite said:
antonnn said:

Look, I get why you are offended but you really can make Code Geass comparisons (and even Gundam 00 but I'm a little sketchy on the Valvrave comparisons since Inaho got off fine here). The inspiration for some of this show's direction is very clear. Just because it hurts to associate with Code Geass doesn't mean you should dismiss the comparisons like they aren't there.

Exactly.

Three big mecha anime characters were the obvious templates for Slaine: Lelouch, Suzaku and Char.

Two of those characters are Code Geass characters.
Mar 28, 2015 11:37 PM
Jun 2011
This is what I came to understand after thinking about Slaine's objectives.

First Season
1. He was trying to save or help Asseylum from the corrupted Counts
2. However the "good/correct" methods was not good enough
3. In the end, Asseylum was shot by Saazbaum
4. And he shot Inaho due to jealousy/envy as Asseylum was shot trying to save him

Second Season
5. He learnt that he needed power in order to protect Asseylum while believing that she would wake up from her coma.
6. Once again the reason Asseylum was due to the Counts and he believed that conquering the Earth with the Counts under his rule would protect her from harm
7. He made used of Saazbaum to get the rank of Count
8. However, just a rank was not enough due to his birth as a Terran
9. In order to gain trust from other Counts, he destroyed a base alone.
10. After gaining much trust from the Counts via deceiving methods, Asseylum woke up and she did not approve Slaine's actions.
11. Asseylum managed to escape and broke the trust between the Counts and Slaine
12. This led to Slaine's downfall.

To me Aldnoah.zero is very good but it did not show Slaine's intentions properly, whether to be like Lelouch or something else. In the end, he became a tragic hero, an opposite role and objectives from Inaho because of their different backgrounds and encounters.
Mar 28, 2015 11:40 PM
Sep 2010
Slaine was a plot device to be defeated season 2. That is all.
Mar 29, 2015 12:06 AM
Mar 2015
IZEROII said:

code geas has too much plot twist, it even twisted my brain
Mar 29, 2015 1:30 AM

Apr 2010
I'm not offended, it's just the series doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as series that are actually good.

Next thing you know somebody will compare it to LoGH. Oh God.
Mar 29, 2015 1:55 AM
Nov 2012
[quote=quukii]No one knows.[/quote

So Slain represented the writers of the show.
Mar 29, 2015 1:55 AM

Dec 2011
Writers weren't competent enough to give him a plan. They ran out of time to do anything interesting so they went with the boring villain route.
Mar 29, 2015 1:58 AM

Dec 2013
All he really did was cause more pointless death.
Mar 29, 2015 2:07 AM

Sep 2011
Edgy teenager syndrome.

Or rather just shit writing.
Mar 29, 2015 6:45 AM

Jun 2012
It's really not that difficult. The show, for all it's terrible writing, makes it clear he's trying to destroy barriers between Vers and Earth in order to create a utopia over which Asseylum can rule.
Mar 29, 2015 7:02 AM
Feb 2015
Code Geass also had many flaws, but it wasn't apparent back then because we were all younger and we're looking back through nostalgia glasses. Honestly this show is in many ways more similar to Code Geass than many would like to admit.

I like how Slaine haters rage at Slaine-Lelouch comparisons and try to suggest Slaine is much more unjustified in his goals when Lelouch was much of a douche in the tyranny/cruelty/disregard for life department. The guy literally dragged the world back into war after the Black Knights already made peace with Britannia and got back Japan. Unlike Slaine, Lelouch would actually have mental breakdowns when Nunnally rejects him, and tried to rape Kallen for comfort. Laughing like a maniac at destruction and death and placing him and his views above the entire world were also things Lelouch did rather frequently.
MonadoRudraMar 29, 2015 7:10 AM
Mar 29, 2015 7:21 AM

Jun 2012
xiiaobronz3 said:

10. After gaining much trust from the Counts via deceiving methods, Asseylum woke up and she did not approve Slaine's actions.
11. Asseylum managed to escape and broke the trust between the Counts and Slaine

Asseylum left him but he still could activate aldnoah drives , most of the counts that sided with slaine on the first place had the same beliefs as him and despised the idea of peace with earth.
Slaine had everything he needed to make a third faction and go to civil war with vers (maybe) and reach the top. Even at the end they tell us that most castles at earth didn't accept the treaty and still occupy earth territory and that Asseylum will visit them to change their minds ...
Slaine HAD all the cards he needed to go a step further but the blondy left him and he emoquitted.

Through season 2 I was cheering for Slaine since he was the only interesting character, but the creators remembered that Inaho should be the protagonist and ended the series . Inaho , the character that could be called a computer AI even BEFORE he got the "cheat" eye...
Inaho , much interesting , such wow
Mar 29, 2015 7:52 AM
Sep 2010
MonadoRudra said:
Code Geass also had many flaws, but it wasn't apparent back then because we were all younger and we're looking back through nostalgia glasses. Honestly this show is in many ways more similar to Code Geass than many would like to admit.

I like how Slaine haters rage at Slaine-Lelouch comparisons and try to suggest Slaine is much more unjustified in his goals when Lelouch was much of a douche in the tyranny/cruelty/disregard for life department. The guy literally dragged the world back into war after the Black Knights already made peace with Britannia and got back Japan. Unlike Slaine, Lelouch would actually have mental breakdowns when Nunnally rejects him, and tried to rape Kallen for comfort. Laughing like a maniac at destruction and death and placing him and his views above the entire world were also things Lelouch did rather frequently.

Ehhh I think we're just mad cuz code geass is vastly superior. Went back and rewatched a cour of Geass recently and yea it did have flaws I didn't notice the first time around.

That being said Geass actually makes the battles very believable despite random plot devices at times. also the CG characters there can actually be likeable and are mortal unlike aldnoahs unlimited plot armor UFE forces with no personality.

Also plot device made lelouch drag Japan back into war so... Not rly his fault.
Mar 29, 2015 8:07 AM

Sep 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
IZEROII said:

Actually it's pretty comparable, and Slaine is a mix of Lelouch and Suzaku and some Char. These writers used these 3 characters as the template for Slaine, and it's painfully obvious.

Except Lelouch was smart, Suzaku was brilliant pilot even while piloting inferior mech and Char was charismatic.
If by mix of those 3 you mean he took all positive traits of those 3 and replaced them with 3 bland ones, then sure.
Slaine is just, well, strange.
Mar 29, 2015 8:12 AM
Aug 2012
Sigh how many characters must people insult to justify Slaine and their delusions.

I am feeling bad for Shitzaku now........he doesn't deserve to be compared to Slaine.

Slaine is Nina from CG.

Mar 29, 2015 8:14 AM
Jul 2012
Slaine haters everywhere.
Mar 29, 2015 8:51 AM

Jan 2015
nina4life said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Except Lelouch was smart, Suzaku was brilliant pilot even while piloting inferior mech and Char was charismatic.
If by mix of those 3 you mean he took all positive traits of those 3 and replaced them with 3 bland ones, then sure.

Hey, I did say the show was horribly written, but you edited that outta my post.
Mar 29, 2015 8:59 AM
Sep 2014
He was mad that Inaho tooks his love interest/only friend and wanted the world to feel his loneliness.

100%

This shows writing = poop.
Mar 29, 2015 9:03 AM
Feb 2015
I have said it once and I will say it again. The reason why slaine's actions does not make any sense is that the writers failed to explain jack shot about them, just like how they did to all the characters out there.
Mar 29, 2015 9:06 AM
Feb 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Sigh how many characters must people insult to justify Slaine and their delusions.

I am feeling bad for Shitzaku now........he doesn't deserve to be compared to Slaine.

Slaine is Nina from CG.

It is even more disappointing on how you can keep going on like a broken record there.People do not need your consent or approval on how they interpret a story and it's character, they certainly do not need to confirm with your narrow and biased pov.

Clear off if you have nothing constructive to offer.
Mar 29, 2015 9:30 AM

May 2014
xiiaobronz3 said:
This is what I came to understand after thinking about Slaine's objectives.

First Season
1. He was trying to save or help Asseylum from the corrupted Counts
2. However the "good/correct" methods was not good enough
3. In the end, Asseylum was shot by Saazbaum
4. And he shot Inaho due to jealousy/envy as Asseylum was shot trying to save him

Second Season
5. He learnt that he needed power in order to protect Asseylum while believing that she would wake up from her coma.
6. Once again the reason Asseylum was due to the Counts and he believed that conquering the Earth with the Counts under his rule would protect her from harm

To me Aldnoah.zero is very good but it did not show Slaine's intentions properly, whether to be like Lelouch or something else. In the end, he became a tragic hero, an opposite role and objectives from Inaho because of their different backgrounds and encounters.

Great comment. Now things become a little more clear for me. :P
Mar 29, 2015 9:32 AM

Sep 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
nina4life said:

Hey, I did say the show was horribly written, but you edited that outta my post.

I'm like this show, leaving all the important bits out to create unnecessary drama.
Mar 29, 2015 9:39 AM
Aug 2012
Viktor_Otaku said:

It is even more disappointing on how you can keep going on like a broken record there.People do not need your consent or approval on how they interpret a story and it's character, they certainly do not need to confirm with your narrow and biased pov.

Why are you interpreting that you need my consent to make delusions.............just keep them as delusions only or people will point them out.

Oh i am truly sorry because my narrow and biased POV sees Slaine as the messed up character he is and i don't need your approval to post either.

Mar 29, 2015 9:45 AM
Feb 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Viktor_Otaku said:

Why are you interpreting that you need my consent to make delusions.............just keep them as delusions only or people will point them out.

Oh i am truly sorry because my narrow and biased POV sees Slaine as the messed up character he is and i don't need your approval to post either.

You not liking a character is fine, you attack other posters on how they view the character based on their own valid interpretations goes to show what a big baby you are.
Mar 29, 2015 9:48 AM

Sep 2009
I don't really get Slaines character because first it was obvious that he had a crush on the princess and wanted to protect her and stuff but somehow it ended up totally different and it was like he didn't care for the love of the princess any longer and that was really odd because I really thought that he was the kind of person who would beg her for forgiveness or something

I don't really see why taking over the world was more important to him than the princess o.O

Mar 29, 2015 9:51 AM

Apr 2008
Viktor_Otaku said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You not liking a character is fine, you attack other posters on how they view the character based on their own valid interpretations goes to show what a big baby you are.

And you do the very same thing with anyone not part of your echo chamber of delusions
Mar 29, 2015 9:53 AM
Sep 2014
Shoko-tan said:
I don't really get Slaines character because first it was obvious that he had a crush on the princess and wanted to protect her and stuff but somehow it ended up totally different and it was like he didn't care for the love of the princess any longer and that was really odd because I really thought that he was the kind of person who would beg her for forgiveness or something

I don't really see why taking over the world was more important to him than the princess o.O

That love ended when he saw Inaho had befriended the princess. Slaine was just salty the rest of the series.
Mar 29, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2008
NorthBayAnime said:
Shoko-tan said:

That love ended when he saw Inaho had befriended the princess. Slaine was just salty the rest of the series.

Yup pretty much. Jealous obsession is pathetic
Mar 29, 2015 9:57 AM
Aug 2012
Viktor_Otaku said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Take a real good look at your previous posts and then at a mirror Mr. Hypocrite.

Mar 29, 2015 9:58 AM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Viktor_Otaku said:

And you do the very same thing with anyone not part of your echo chamber of delusions

That's rich coming from a person who uses that term in every post. When ever I see a person stating that he hates or like x character because of personal opinions like he is a villain a such. It's none of my buisness, but when they try to justify that by twist plots an spitting half facts as truth and then try to insult others who dare to disagree with them. That's when it crosses the line.
Mar 29, 2015 10:03 AM

Nov 2009
nobody knows...fly high, how did we get lost in here?
even the &Z(anime OP) lyrics mentions what all that was XD

Mar 29, 2015 10:09 AM
Sep 2014
sauteed_roaches said:
nobody knows...fly high, how did we get lost in here?
even the &Z(anime OP) lyrics mentions what all that was XD

lolol
Mar 29, 2015 10:46 AM
Apr 2014
What was Slaine's intention? Imagine if Lelouch tried to save the world, but then Nunnally actually is so OP that just because she said she wants all the fighting to stop, and everyone actually stopped fighting and started getting along with each other, but all of this is happening while Lelouch is still in his evil emperor phase and haven't gotten to the sacrificing part.

But honestly, god knows. The director wanted to make Slaine looks alot like the "key" to save this world by being the evil, but then towards the last few episodes Slaine is suddenly a pile of weak sauce, managed to lose princess by accident, and even let her have the opportunity to flip the table. They still want to portray Slaine as a good guy throughout, but because he failed miserably, it made him looked like a wuss instead of a vigilante savior with a good intention all along. I mean they still made Slaine the "source of evil" by blaming the war on him, but the way it ended made it seems like Slaine was forced into submission and so it made Slaine looks really really stupid.

And P.S. the OP power is given by the idiot who directed the script, because it makes ZERO sense how everyone suddenly listens to Assyleum last minute and stopped fighting. It's extremely retarded. But anyway. There you go, Slaine in a nutshell.
JackyhkMar 29, 2015 10:49 AM
Mar 29, 2015 11:03 AM

Apr 2008
Jackyhk said:
What was Slaine's intention? Imagine if Lelouch tried to save the world, but then Nunnally actually is so OP that just because she said she wants all the fighting to stop, and everyone actually stopped fighting and started getting along with each other, but all of this is happening while Lelouch is still in his evil emperor phase and haven't gotten to the sacrificing part.

But honestly, god knows. The director wanted to make Slaine looks alot like the "key" to save this world by being the evil, but then towards the last few episodes Slaine is suddenly a pile of weak sauce, managed to lose princess by accident, and even let her have the opportunity to flip the table. They still want to portray Slaine as a good guy throughout, but because he failed miserably, it made him looked like a wuss instead of a vigilante savior with a good intention all along. I mean they still made Slaine the "source of evil" by blaming the war on him, but the way it ended made it seems like Slaine was forced into submission and so it made Slaine looks really really stupid.

And P.S. the OP power is given by the idiot who directed the script, because it makes ZERO sense how everyone suddenly listens to Assyleum last minute and stopped fighting. It's extremely retarded. But anyway. There you go, Slaine in a nutshell.

Slaine was never like Lelouch
Mar 29, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2008
fimbu1vetr said:
Slaine was a plot device to be defeated season 2. That is all.

Pretty much this.

They ruined his character at the end of season 1, so that there would be a bad guy to fight in s2.
Mar 29, 2015 3:47 PM
May 2011
He probably just wanted to create a world where he could bang Asseylum in peace without having competition from an alexithymic. Poor kid.
Mar 29, 2015 4:33 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Jackyhk said:

Slaine was never like Lelouch

Yes he was. It's PAINFULLY obvious. But yes, Slaine isn't as horrible a person, nor as tyrannical, nor as sociopathical as Lelouch. That's where they're different.

Other than that, there' s clear similarities that anyone, who's seen both series, can see because these writers slap us with the similarities.
Mar 29, 2015 4:34 PM

Jan 2015
Oh also, unlike Lelouch, Slaine didn't try to rape anyone.

Nor did he have mental break downs. Nor did he need a Deus Ex Machina to accomplish anything.
Makaze_no_MoujuuMar 29, 2015 4:37 PM
Mar 29, 2015 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Oh also, unlike Lelouch, Slaine didn't try to rape anyone.

Nor did he have mental break downs. Nor did he need a Deus Ex Machina to accomplish anything.

No mental break downs? That is debatable in Slaine's case. He unloaded a clip into Saazbuam as the realization came he inadvertently help Saaz "kill" Asseylum. Then he just let Inaho have it out of spite and jealousy. You could say Slaine snapped then.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.