Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 18, 2015 12:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well nice, I kinda like the different style they opened the episode.

The episode showed a different side of Guila, one in which I think is a much more compassionate one compared to the one when she fought against the others. Except when someone pisses off her family

Gowther's portrayal is okay I guess. I find his voice a bit dull but his personality to be well adapted.
Stark700Jan 18, 2015 12:26 AM
Jan 18, 2015 12:29 AM

Nov 2007
That green hair with glass guy is with a giant... He's helping that giant out to be hidden because he's hurt. That female holy knight with eyes closed has a brother who always gets bullied. She killed those who bullied. lol~ more cosplays for the princess! The group arrived to a village that met green hair with glass guy.

The giant went out with the attack with pain and hurt the knights that caught KajiKaji's character attention. More new holy knights? Wow, green hair guy changed his hair to pink (as a sign of "breaking seal")! So he is the actual member that they are looking for, instead of that giant?

The chibi preview was not funny this time, but KajiKaji's character asked the good question.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 18, 2015 7:04 AM

Jan 2013
tsubasalover said:
That green hair with glass guy is with a giant... He's helping that giant out to be hidden because he's hurt. That female holy knight with eyes closed has a brother who always gets bullied. She killed those who bullied. lol~ more cosplays for the princess! The group arrived to a village that met green hair with glass guy.

The giant went out with the attack with pain and hurt the knights that caught KajiKaji's character attention. More new holy knights? Wow, green hair guy changed his hair to pink (as a sign of "breaking seal")! So he is the actual member that they are looking for, instead of that giant?

The chibi preview was not funny this time, but KajiKaji's character asked the good question.

Why you don't bother to learn the characters' names ?
Jan 18, 2015 7:19 AM
Dec 2013
As a manga reader I can say that I enjoyed this episode and I actually liked the way the changed some events. I find it worth that the ommited Pelio and his "Seven Deadly Sins' so that they could give both Guila and Gowther more characterization.
In fact, I am tempted to say that this is better than the manga was. My only fear right now is that it might go anime original and, I sincerely do not want that to happen.
8.5/10 for me.
Jan 18, 2015 7:58 AM

Jan 2013
Randerth said:
As a manga reader I can say that I enjoyed this episode and I actually liked the way the changed some events. I find it worth that the ommited Pelio and his "Seven Deadly Sins' so that they could give both Guila and Gowther more characterization.
In fact, I am tempted to say that this is better than the manga was. My only fear right now is that it might go anime original and, I sincerely do not want that to happen.
8.5/10 for me.

Why Gowther transformed if anybody knew his appearence?
Armando exists because Gowther wants to please Pelio.

Without Pelio, Gowther hasn't any sort of sentiment, when actually, Gowther cared for him during 10 years.

They gave more time to Geera's characterization, but fucked Gowther's characterization.
Jan 18, 2015 8:05 AM
Dec 2013
If I remember correctly, Gowther as Armando didn't talk to Elizabeth until after he got revealed. In the episode we saw Gowther talk to you know who in the armour and after that to Elizabeth. And from the very very little that I understood they seemed to be talking about having precious people or something like that.
Jan 18, 2015 8:16 AM
Dec 2014
Finally the trap appeared :3
Jan 18, 2015 9:55 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah, more one deadly sin, Gowther! :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 18, 2015 10:55 AM
Sep 2014
I think I'm gonna start reading the manga soon because I'm reeeaaally liking this anime. The only thing I don't like is how Elizabeth is objectified but, well, you can't have it all the way you want it. This episode my suspicions were confirmed: the green haired guy was Gowther after all! But now I'm wondering what that big thing in the armor is... I'll have to wait until next week in order to find out, I guess ^^

Jan 18, 2015 10:59 AM

Aug 2010
That was actually pretty nice. Tbh I didn't care much about the kids part in Gowther's arc in the manga so I didn't mind the way they did it. They still kept Dawn in.

And Gowther's interactions with the Armor's scenes were quite entertaining. Liked them :3

Guila being so dere with her brother was cute :3 But u don't want her Yan side XD
I wouldn't say the kids deserve being killed but they were just going too far <_<
She should've made them piss their pants or something :P

Lol'd at King staring at Diane's ass while she was sleeping XD Well who wouldn't :P

Gowther talking pig language when he met Ellie and Hawk was lol.

The fight at the end was pretty nice. And Gowther's identity is revealed :3 10 more eps. How many are they gonna be leaving for Liones arc? >.<
Jan 18, 2015 12:01 PM

Jun 2013
That Green haired 4-Eyes
I do not know do I think him as Annoying when he is in this form, or just pretty good actor. Somewhat annoying personality at least.

Guila is somewhat amusing how she acts as Bitch in battle, but when she is with her little Brother...XD Bro-Con Anyone? XD those bullies better pray that Guila never catch them...she can Murder them when she wishes and no-one can accuse her.

....It is over...they just show their Face to her, those 3 are D E A D !!! XD O.o I said that as a Joke..didn't her really murder them...Damn New Generation are quite Psychopath and Sociopaths....
Hendricksen...Guila would murder him if she knew what really happened to her Father.

WHOOHOO!!!! DAWN BREAKER/ROAR HAS ARRIVED!!!! One of the Best Side Characters of entire Series!!!

Ellie-chan Cosplay and Meliodas perverseness...XD Ah how amusing

And fight starts....Damn Dawn Roar is one of the Strongest...well this was the Group that was formed to Succeed Nanatsu no Taizai...Of course they Are Strong

But..Daamn...Gowther Reveals himself always with Style huh? XD Meliodas and Co Reaction was Hilarious!!!

Next Episode Title..."Unholy Knight" huh
JarjaxleJan 18, 2015 12:56 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 18, 2015 3:07 PM
Apr 2014
And thus the best character in the show, Gowther, made his appearence.
I'm okay with the non-canon replacement, At least they didn't omit Dawn Roar
>Threader planting Meliodas's head to the ground
Another good episode.

Forever_A said:

Why Gowther transformed if anybody knew his appearence?
Armando exists because Gowther wants to please Pelio.

Without Pelio, Gowther hasn't any sort of sentiment, when actually, Gowther cared for him during 10 years.

They gave more time to Geera's characterization, but fucked Gowther's characterization.

Drake1000Jan 18, 2015 4:57 PM
Jan 18, 2015 7:55 PM

Dec 2013
Holy shit, that Guila characterization took me by surprise, i'm really glad they took the time to flesh out her character. And that plot twist!! Soundtrack was amazing and that comedy was topkek. Nanatsu no Taizai is the shit

5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 19, 2015 12:41 AM
Nov 2010
This was a decently interesting episode. I wonder if there's anything more to Gowther's story.
Jan 19, 2015 1:22 AM

Jan 2012
The Guila scenes were the highlight for sure. I was worried they might skip them altogether but they were handled well. The changing around of Gowther's intro is annoying but not so much that I'm left angry by it really. Also,

Manga spoilers:
[spoiler]I couldn't help but feel really bad for Guila's little brother considering what's happening currently in the manga. It's very ironic that he was introduced in this episode that also(formally)introduces Gowther, the one trying to take his sister away from him currently. They even have the book she reads him be one Gowther had, I forget if that was in the manga or an anime only thing but it was a nice bit of foreshadowing anyway. The anime staff likely lined at least some of this up intentionally too I'd bet.[/spoilers]
Jan 19, 2015 1:51 AM

Jun 2013
The House pig is Hawks mother.....i didnt even realise.
Jan 19, 2015 2:17 AM

Oct 2013
This was... incredible.

1. The opening scene with Gowther made me feel strongly melancholic for reasons I can't quite pinpoint aside from the overall setting and atmosphere... and Gowther's occasional cries of fear.
2. The sudden Guila characterization seriously took me by surprise as well and was probably the highlight of the episode. Fantastically done. I suddenly find myself really interested in her character, which is shocking. It's also great to see the Holy Knights not being exclusively painted as one-dimensional villains.
3. The soundtrack just... left me in awe. So surreal and chilling; I could've played this episode in the background for the soundtrack alone.
4. I loved the scenery, especially near the end. This series already has high quality animation and beautiful scenery, but the dank atmosphere this time around really, again, created a strong touch of melancholy.
5. PLOT TWIST!!!

Easily, easily my favorite episode thus far. I was thinking I wasn't really getting into the series after last episode, but this one flipped my opinion entirely.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 19, 2015 2:23 AM

Dec 2013
Loved this episode. They changed a lot of the stuff with Gowther but it wasn't like AgK where it turned to absolute shit but it was actually pretty good on it's own. Really relieved at that.

Glad we finally got that characterisation for Guila that they skipped earlier.

Dat plot twist at the end! So hyped for Gowther!
G_Spark233Jan 19, 2015 2:45 AM
Jan 19, 2015 3:10 AM

Oct 2014
Wow this episode. Just loved it, can't wait to see Gowther in action!

Jan 19, 2015 3:34 AM

May 2013
That's it, I've made my decision: The OP is pretty cool! Still can't say anything about the ED. Also, new intro!

So we have three Deadly Sins left. That's Escanor, Merlin, and Gowther.
And this episode, we're introduced to appearance-changing Goat's Lust, Gowther!
Therefore Gluttony and Pride are left.

So Guila has a background story involving her little brother. Seems like a good one after she killed some men.
Lol, Elizabeth and Hawk accidentally said their names to Gowther during their first meeting.
Wait, Elizabeth loves Meliodas? (^_^)

So we have the Armor vs Dawn's Roar. Good thing Meliodas, Ban, and King interfered. If not, Armor could have died.
"Whoever moves first, loses." Seems like Dawn's Roar could defeat the Seven Deadly Sins easily.
Good thing Gowther shows his true face. Or her. I can't tell. Must be a trap.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 19, 2015 4:14 AM

May 2013
They completely changed Gowther's arc which is good in terms of story-telling yet I can feel that they are doing this to adapt 100 chapters of the manga, so kinda rushed, I guess.

Also, I am still disappointed with Aran/Gowther's voice, men, I imagined more than this voice considering his personality. But still, my 2nd favorite Sin.

Oh well, at least they didn't left Guila's reason in this episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 19, 2015 5:44 AM

Dec 2013
Those poor ripper rabbits...

Typical Shonen introduction. Played down the strength of other Sin to hype up Gowther's revelation. Can't wait to see his real strength against stronger enemies.

Fireego said:
Good thing Gowther shows his true face. Or her. I can't tell. Must be a trap.

Everyone look like Meliodas to me lol
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2015 5:57 AM

Jan 2015
Randerth said:
8.5/10 for me.

I hope not. Not after what happened with Akame ga kill.

Anyway, meliodas needs to get his weapon back big time the way he got laid down by Threader was too easy!

Jan 19, 2015 6:17 AM

May 2012
Our favorite androgynous character is finally here.

I could have sworn Gowther was introduced differently but whatever.

I've always liked Guila so it was satisfying to see that scene get animated.

Jan 19, 2015 6:18 AM

Jun 2014
It sounds like Hawk groaning while having diarrhea ...

Jan 19, 2015 6:45 AM

Nov 2012
Wasn't Gowther suppoded to be teaching some kids in a village ? O.o they changed the whole thing.
Jan 19, 2015 7:04 AM

Jul 2010
Elizabeth and Hawk meeting Gowther first. Trying to talk in pig language lol.

Guila killed the 3 men that was bothering her brother.

Hawk and Elizabeth is quite the master of disguise, it was quite entertaining.

Gowther only actually coming out when everything is for sure seems quite awesome too!
Jan 19, 2015 7:08 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
dat end gave me goosebumps
Jan 19, 2015 7:13 AM

Mar 2013
Dat trap !
Jan 19, 2015 7:26 AM

Aug 2008
Can't wait for next week episode. Nice to see some soft side of Guila.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 19, 2015 7:48 AM

Jun 2014
Finally they revealed Gowther!! 2 Sins left. Hyped for the next episode :D
Jan 19, 2015 8:20 AM
Jan 2015
They put focus into Guila and Zeal's character which was great.

They skimped on Gowther's introduction though. They decided to remove Pelio which removes probably the only character that Gowther has showed strong sentiment towards. Also, the way he's been portrayed doesn't seem like the cold, blank and emotionless Gowther that I know.
Jan 19, 2015 9:12 AM

May 2013
That reveal at the end. Guila does not play around. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 19, 2015 11:08 AM

May 2012
wow. what a plot twist. It never occurred to me that the glasses guy is Gowther but that revelation at the end was BA. Can't wait for next week. And oh! The new OP is really growing on me even though the Engrish is meh.. but I definitely love this new OP which is weird. hehe.
Jan 19, 2015 11:14 AM
Mar 2014
Mmh seems like Guila is actually kind hearted, quite a surprise atleast towards her litle brother, she just slashed the guys who where botering her litle brother.

Lmao@ King staring at Diane's ass.

Dat plot twist at the end tho, definetly dident saw that comming.
Jan 19, 2015 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
They changed a lot of the stuff of Gowther's arc.

Gowther is talking a pig language when he met Elizabeth and Hawk was a lol.
Jan 19, 2015 11:26 AM
Jun 2014
Loved this ep! Well I really enjoyed every episode so far anyway. xD

Green haired four-eyes is actually Gowther?!
Woah. Didn't see that coming.
Can't wait for next ep! ;3;
Jan 19, 2015 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
Have some elizabeth on the house~

Dawn Roar hype, those guys were dismantling them ;o
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 19, 2015 11:45 AM

Jan 2014
This was a nice episode. Guila was also nice. And Gowther was also nice. Hope the next episode will also be nice :)
Jan 19, 2015 1:28 PM

Sep 2010
Really good episode, can't wait for Gowther to show his stuff.
Jan 19, 2015 1:51 PM

Sep 2008
Nice epsode!
Really like that new character *.*

Aww... so cute!
http://oi58.tinypic.com/nx2h68.jpg
Jan 19, 2015 2:42 PM
Jul 2014
can't wait for next week >< .
curious bout the seal though.
Jan 19, 2015 2:53 PM
Apr 2014
WOW WTF xD That plot twist at the end. Didn't expect that :D And another badass entry. Really nice catch.

The Guila-scene though. Not sure if I like that. She was a bit in every other fucking scene. And I doubt she'll change her mind so the boy will most likely end up alone unless she survives all this for some weird reason(yea it's shounen but at some point anybody HAS to die).
Jan 19, 2015 3:06 PM

Nov 2014
Cool episode, Guila is pretty crazy
Hi there
Jan 19, 2015 4:58 PM

May 2012
Yeah Gowther, I like how they remove those kids from manga..

Jan 19, 2015 5:15 PM

Dec 2013
Great to see the backstory of one of the Holy Knights. And I didn't expect the green hair guy to be Gowther (even though I read spoilers beforehand o.O). Can't wait to see more of Gowther though.
5/5
Jan 19, 2015 6:12 PM

Aug 2013
Nice episode.
Dawn Roar looks strong, but Gowther too :o
Jan 19, 2015 8:03 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty enjoyable episode overall. I had a feeling that the armoured giant wasn't the real Gowther. Let's see what happens next week.
Jan 19, 2015 9:28 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah I actually liked the change as Pelio kind of took some of the characterization away from Gowther. Here we are able to focus solely on him, and well the armored giant I guess. I think the way they're going with this and how it's being directed is actually smart, considering the Guila scenes.

Not only were the books Gowther and Guila had the same one, but it was titled after the extra chapter that this episode covered with Guila and Zeal: A Young Girl's Justice. That was a nice little Easter egg.

Man, the awesome OP and decent episode here make me want to feel good about what's to come, but I won't A-1 burn me again. Already showed they won't spend too much time for a longer arc with Byzel, and considering they did nearly the same thing with Magi S2 all signs point to 9 episodes for Liones Arc. Not to mention some of the OP/ED visuals and characters are pretty telling.
Jan 19, 2015 9:32 PM

Oct 2011
Gowather gave me goosebumps !!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

131 by Rithic »»
Jun 5, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

134 by Rithic »»
May 27, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

328 by ProzmicDoed »»
May 27, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.