Nov 2014
i ask you because i want to start it but i want and your opinions
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2014 10:15 AM
Sep 2014
It's good
Dec 1, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
Been some time since I watched it, but it surely has a very grim and interesting atmosphere
Dec 1, 2014 10:25 AM

Nov 2014
I liked it
Dec 1, 2014 10:27 AM

Nov 2014
As an overall package, no.
While it has the benefit of a suffocating atmosphere, and somewhat intriguing universe, the hollow characters and their direction disappoints.
The pacing is choppy and slow, but some stand alone episodes provide decent entertainment.

In the end, you will feel as if your time was wasted, because the journey and destination were less than satisfying.
You'd be cocky as well if you were full of myself.
Dec 1, 2014 10:33 AM

Jan 2012
i didn't like it imo
this anime had Soooo much potential but it was complete mess. (story)

Dec 1, 2014 10:48 AM

Oct 2012
Sure.
Dec 1, 2014 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
It's popular among Evanescence fans.

Dec 1, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2011
nope, it have too much filler for just being 23 episodes long
Dec 1, 2014 11:26 AM

Jun 2010
It's one of the best experimental series out there.
Yes, it's slow on the beginning, but in this case, slow = good pacing.
Dec 1, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
Working_Designs said:

Lol.

I think it's a great show. The atmosphere and music were fantastic, and while it steadily loses focus during the later half of the show, the last two episodes were fantastic and tied up everything nicely IMO. I also think the characters were great and developed well throughout the show.

Also, I love Re-L's character design. Just throwing that in there

P.S. Paranoid Android as an ending theme? That's just fantastic
Dec 1, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2012
No, good anime aren't Ergo Proxy, whatever that is.
End Zionazism
Dec 1, 2014 12:38 PM

Feb 2012
It is not but I didn't like it.
Dec 1, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2012
MosesTransports said:
As an overall package, no.
While it has the benefit of a suffocating atmosphere, and somewhat intriguing universe, the hollow characters and their direction disappoints.
The pacing is choppy and slow, but some stand alone episodes provide decent entertainment.

In the end, you will feel as if your time was wasted, because the journey and destination were less than satisfying.

This was my experience with it. The premise was intriguing; the execution was meh.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Dec 1, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
Yes, it's excellent. Great characters, and the mystique keeps you interested. Despite using deep themes it doesn't feel pretentious at all.
Dec 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2014
Working_Designs said:

Bahahahaha
Dec 2, 2014 1:16 PM

May 2014
If you're looking for an action filled flick, look elsewhere. Ergo Proxy's more of an atmospheric and philosophical show.

It's one of my favorites because I find it unique.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jan 4, 2015 7:02 PM

Apr 2014
It's good
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Feb 25, 2016 3:11 AM

May 2010
Seiya said:

This made me laugh
Feb 26, 2016 7:11 PM

Apr 2015
Ergo Proxy: hated on the eyes by many, understood by only a few.

-Mastergold
Oct 28, 2016 10:57 PM

Jan 2014
till today there no clearly opinion if is worth watch or just another 24 long boring anime
Oct 30, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2016
Mastergold said:
Ergo Proxy: hated on the eyes by many, understood by only a few.

-Mastergold

My thoughts exactly. Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiments Lain, and Texhnolyze (and other anime like them) are only for those who are capable of seeing things differently. For those who have high focus and strong mental power. And like to delve deep into the story and find hidden messages and meanings, and perceive it their own way.

As you stated perfectly: "Hated by many, understood by a few."
Nov 2, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2016
Jctatis said:
till today there no clearly opinion if is worth watch or just another 24 long boring anime
That's because there are three types of people who watch Ergo Proxy:

1. People who put in the time and get something out of it.
2. People who watch it just to look cool but don't understand anything, give it a good rating and use the bullshit "IT'S SURREAL" argument to sound smart
3. People who are stupid, don't put in time, and refuse to get anything out of it because "WOW PHILOSOPHERS, PRETENTIOUS."

Admittedly, one could feasibly say this about a ton of shows, but with Ergo Proxy, it's more obviously segmented precisely because the story itself is more difficult to grapple with than other stories of its type.
Dec 10, 2016 5:19 PM
Aug 2016
I don't know how people can say the anime is bullshit... or almost that..
Sep 6, 2017 9:26 AM

Jun 2009
I guess i'll revive this thread to ask this question, does Ergo Proxy get any better after episode 5?

I usually give an anime 3-5 episodes the chance to prove itself. But so far it's kinda boring, and the characters arent really likeable. Are there any serieus plot twists?
Sep 15, 2017 7:40 PM

May 2013
Grimstar said:
I guess i'll revive this thread to ask this question, does Ergo Proxy get any better after episode 5?

I usually give an anime 3-5 episodes the chance to prove itself. But so far it's kinda boring, and the characters arent really likeable. Are there any serieus plot twists?

I really like EP, but I was hooked on it on episode 1. I guess there are some reveals as the plot progresses, but if you don't care about the characters and find the show a bit boring, what does that matter? The tempo and feeling of the show always remains the same.
Sep 16, 2017 9:33 AM

Jun 2009
buunny said:

I really like EP, but I was hooked on it on episode 1. I guess there are some reveals as the plot progresses, but if you don't care about the characters and find the show a bit boring, what does that matter? The tempo and feeling of the show always remains the same.

Well i completed EP, and i must admit it got better after episode 5. I really liked the feeling of the show, it's kinda unique.
It's an average anime for me though, gave it a 6/10, mainly cause of the confusing ending, else it would have scored higher overall. Near the end, i did care for the characters, especially pino, she was an amazing autoreiv.
Sep 16, 2017 9:52 AM

Jan 2017
Grimstar said:
buunny said:

Well i completed EP, and i must admit it got better after episode 5. I really liked the feeling of the show, it's kinda unique.
It's an average anime for me though, gave it a 6/10, mainly cause of the confusing ending, else it would have scored higher overall. Near the end, i did care for the characters, especially pino, she was an amazing autoreiv.

average? confusing ending? oh boy another guy who was not paying attention while watching the show
read these if you are interested
http://cureclover.livejournal.com/759.html
http://cureclover.livejournal.com/903.html
http://aminoapps.com/page/anime/2062667/ergo-proxy-plot-explained
Sep 16, 2017 9:55 AM

Jan 2017

>too much filler
>hallow characters
> choppy pacing
some of the comments here made me facepalm so hard
Sep 16, 2017 10:51 AM

May 2013
Grimstar said:
buunny said:

Oh nice! The ending was confusing to me, too. I had to look up an explanation and I'm watching it again for the first time in 2-3 years and it makes so much more sense now. Glad you came to like it in the end.
Sep 16, 2017 11:04 AM

Jun 2009
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

average? confusing ending? oh boy another guy who was not paying attention while watching the show

Well i wouldnt call it a masterpiece either. Some people like it, others dont. For me it simply was an average anime. I think some things could have been explained alot better, instead of rushing all the reveals into that last episode.

There have been anime for me, where i liked the whole anime, except the ending, which lowered my overall score for that anime.
For example Evangelion or 91 Days, were both good anime, but the ending lowered my overall score for those.
Sep 16, 2017 12:03 PM

Jan 2017
Grimstar said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Well i wouldnt call it a masterpiece either. Some people like it, others dont. For me it simply was an average anime. I think some things could have been explained alot better, instead of rushing all the reveals into that last episode.

There have been anime for me, where i liked the whole anime, except the ending, which lowered my overall score for that anime.
For example Evangelion or 91 Days, were both good anime, but the ending lowered my overall score for those.

Every single thing in the ending was foreshadowed before tho. You just need to pay attention because the show takes the "show don't tell" formula to the extreme.
Try reading the articles I linked in my previous comment.
Oct 12, 2017 9:10 AM

Jan 2017
Jul 5, 2020 6:14 AM

May 2020
I like the art, the atmosphere and the music but other than that I don’t know what to think. I’m on episode 9 should I keep watching?
Jul 5, 2020 6:15 AM

Apr 2015
why are we here. just to suffer. i feel my leg
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2020 6:16 AM

Mar 2020
Starts off promising, but never delivers. 1/10 - a complete trash.

I would recommend dropping it now.
Jul 5, 2020 6:17 AM

May 2020
MPIFGTY said:
Starts off promising, but never delivers. 1/10 is complete trash.

Yeah I’ve seen online and people like it because of the atmosphere and music but I never hear anything about the story being good, just confusing.
Jul 5, 2020 6:19 AM

Mar 2020
AdoNo659Xz said:
MPIFGTY said:
Starts off promising, but never delivers. 1/10 is complete trash.

Yeah I’ve seen online and people like it because of the atmosphere and music but I never hear anything about the story being good, just confusing.
Indeed, the story leads nowhere, adding only more questions than answers.
Jul 5, 2020 6:25 AM

Feb 2016
That depends on what mindset you approach the show. I personally loved it even tho the ending was very abrupt and the story was "confusing". If by now you don't feel like continuing it, then better drop it now and go for something else.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 5, 2020 6:32 AM

Sep 2018
I think it’s great, but it is certainly confusing (especially towards the end). It’s one of these shows where you kind of have to figure out what the story is about. Unless that sounds like really not your thing, I’d say it’s worth to keep going.
Jul 5, 2020 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
If you already in episode 9, I think you can do what you want because Ergo Proxy's quality didn't really change before and after it, in fact 3 to 5 episodes are enough to determine if it is your thing or not.

I disagree with one comment above though, because Ergo Proxy did answer all the question at the end.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 5, 2020 6:42 AM

Sep 2019
The best part about Ergo Proxy was the OP and the ED, Mainly the ED though :D

Everything else....not a big fan :/

Jul 5, 2020 6:49 AM

May 2016
Ergo Proxy is great. As per usual with the kind of show that it is, it's not for everyone, and I've heard plenty of pretty legitimate grievances people have with how it's put together. That being said, I think the critique that the story goes nowhere or that the ideas are nonsense don't really add up and demonstrate either just ignorance or oversight on the part of the viewer. There are things that Ergo Proxy does wrong but not making sense is not one of them.

Anyway, at least watch till Ophelia because standalone it's one of the best episodes ever made. The middle episodes are by far the best part of the show anyway and are pretty much the highlights of what anime has to offer as a medium.
Jul 5, 2020 7:05 AM

Jul 2019
From my experience, the overall story of Ergo Proxy was quite interesting but hard to pick out. The show seems to enjoy infodumps and out of place storytelling,
but unless you are really into the cyberpunk psychological stuff you’ll find the rest of the show a tough watch.
Jul 5, 2020 7:15 AM
Dec 2013
You know right away if Ergo Proxy is made for you or not. It doesn't change much. Moody, beautiful and full of symbolism. One of my favorites.
Jul 5, 2020 7:26 AM

May 2016
PerfectAzul said:
From my experience, the overall story of Ergo Proxy was quite interesting but hard to pick out. The show seems to enjoy infodumps and out of place storytelling,
but unless you are really into the cyberpunk psychological stuff you’ll find the rest of the show a tough watch.
Honestly my opinion of game show has softened over the years. I don't actually think it infodumps anything extremely important outside of just information about the world that doesn't end up mattering that much anyway, and I actually kind of appreciate the (albeit failed) attempt at making an ironic metanarrative critiquing the mid-season recap done by most two-cour shows of its time. There's tons of things wrong with it, but I don't nearly hate it as much as I do other episodes when I think about the show now.
Jul 5, 2020 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
That was the first Anime that I've watched in 2010 after some years of break from Anime/-related stuff, yes it's really good! and underrated.
Jul 5, 2020 8:02 AM
May 2018
I remember watching it years ago, around 2008...

Really loved Re-l's personality, and analytical nature.
Jul 5, 2020 8:08 AM

Aug 2018
Try reading the reviews, that is where people leave their opinions. Lazy fuck with no personality.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

94 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xel - May 29, 2008

105 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xel - May 28, 2008

152 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.