Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 22, 2014 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was awesome. We get the Judgement Stand making its appearance apparently wants to grant three wishes. I can't help but think 'be careful what you wish for...'

Oh Polnareff, you and your dreams..

The scene with "Sherry" was well done since it reflected the gruesome nature of reality.

I lol'd.
Stark700Aug 22, 2014 9:10 AM
Aug 22, 2014 8:56 AM

Apr 2009
HAIL 2 U as well, Judgement!
Finally some more SFX and random color changes again, they slowly bring back the visuals of 2012 we loved so much.
I also liked the added flashbacks of Polnareff's sister, it added to the creepy atmosphere.

Avdol's father was also portrayed well, and yes: His pigeons are Michael Jackson, Prince and Lionel Richie. When doves cry~
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 22, 2014 10:21 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Quite a lot of feels this episode; for Avdol in the beginning and Sherry in the second half. Poor Polnareff.. T_T

For a moment, I thought Judgement was an impartial Stand since he actually granted Polnareff's first wish satisfactorily.
But then again, I had a feeling Sherry wasn't a complete human and would attack Polnareff somehow. What a cruel Stand. -.-

Well, hopefully the others will arrive at the spot and deal with Judgement effectively.

Good episode. Polnareff keep changing his mind for the second wish was pretty funny though.

Aug 22, 2014 10:27 AM

Aug 2007
I didn't really like this part in the manga but anime really made it much more entertaining. I enjoyed all the colors Polnareff had and all the nice close ups they did with him. I find it funny they always go after Polnareff they must think hes truly the weakest link.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 22, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed this episode a lot more than I thought I would. They really hit the ball out of the park in trying to make the feels for Polnareff's sister as high as possible.

Apparently even as a kid Polnareff has been hitting some heavy weights.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details and large pictures.
ZelotSep 4, 2014 6:22 AM
Aug 22, 2014 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
I figured that with the nice work DP has been doing I'd enjoy this episode, but I didn't think I'd be enjoying it -this- much. Very nice work there, a very entertaining episode this week.
Especially Polnareff. I had to pause the video for a bit at that point just because I was laughing so much.
Aug 22, 2014 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
I'm sad at how little they adapted. I know a scene that would have been way better to end the episode to.

Well, at least the filler was done well, but the second half of the episode dragged on WAAAAAYYYYYY too long. The scene where Polnareff speaks with Sherry was just ridiculously long.
Aug 22, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2013
Adapting this made it even better than the manga. Those added flashbacks made the situation all the more intense and emotional.

Given the circumstances anyone would do that, and I love how Polnareff can't bare to see his sister this way so he'd rather she disappear again.

This episode's timing was interesting too... The aladdin reference when Robin Williams recently died? I smell conspiracy.... R.I.P Robin Williams

Fantastic character building for Polnareff and cannot wait for next episode.
Aug 22, 2014 10:44 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. It really is funny how Polnareff is the one mostly targeted XD Good to see he's starting to be cautious bit by bit but still not enough ^^;

So for manga readers...will Sherry and Avdol return to being normal humans after this arc? I don't mind getting spoiled :3
Aug 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
Barion-Zara said:
So for manga readers...will Sherry and Avdol return to being normal humans after this arc? I don't mind getting spoiled :3

Aug 22, 2014 10:50 AM

Feb 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Nice ep. It really is funny how Polnareff is the one mostly targeted XD Good to see he's starting to be cautious bit by bit but still not enough ^^;

I'm still warning you about reading this spoiler, even if you don't mind being spoiled.
Aug 22, 2014 10:54 AM

May 2013
Not exactly how Polnareff wanted his wish to turn out. Good episode.
Aug 22, 2014 11:39 AM

May 2013
Pretty good episode. Polnareff always seems to get himself into trouble lol. Polnareff deciding on his second wish was so hilarious. I had a feeling that Sherry wasn't going to be brought back to life as a completely normal person. It's gonna be pretty hard to face Avdol after everything that happened. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Aug 22, 2014 11:51 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode, a hell of a lot better than the manga chapters. Maybe with David Pro at the helm next episode will turn out well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 22, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode, can't wait for that third wish.
Aug 22, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
shoulda wished for the manga artist thing polnareff such an intense ep i wonder whats gonna happen
Yo
Aug 22, 2014 12:08 PM
Dec 2013
...I want to go to Polnareff land.

I want to go so bad.
Aug 22, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2007
I was spoiled about Avdol's return by Gintama of all things (or maybe that's the perfect way to be spoiled eh?) but honestly wasn't expecting this twist! Oh Avdol, please be okay. Becoming a zombie creature thing to die a second time is such a cruel fate.

They really, really shouldn't let Pol wander around anywhere on his own. Seriously, this is how many times now that he's got into trouble?
Aug 22, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
CookieBun said:
They really, really shouldn't let Pol wander around anywhere on his own. Seriously, this is how many times now that he's got into trouble?

Discounting attacks on the group?

Ebony Devil, Hanged Man, Emperor, Justice, Death 13, and Judgment have all ambushed him at this point.
Aug 22, 2014 12:38 PM

May 2013
Dat Tsk Tsk Tsk in the preview.
Aug 22, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2013
looks like Polnareff got himself in deep shit again
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 22, 2014 12:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOL, Polnareffland would be absolutely marvellous!

Just change the name of this series to Polnareff's Bizzare Adventures already. He's become the MC as it is anyway.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 22, 2014 1:13 PM

Mar 2012
4 episodes left? *cries*
Aug 22, 2014 1:21 PM

May 2013
b1GZZ said:
4 episodes left? *cries*

Don't worry it's only a 3 month break.
Aug 22, 2014 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
Marzan said:
LOL, Polnareffland would be absolutely marvellous!

In Polnareffland there are many wonderful attractions: Ghost houses featuring zombies and dead, mutilated animals; a merry-go-round where you sit in giant toilet bowls and so much more!
Aug 22, 2014 1:41 PM
Mar 2014
While reading the manga I didn't picture this fight at night, but it works
Aug 22, 2014 1:46 PM

Sep 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the DUMBEST STAND BATTLE EVER.

I anxiously await the arguing in the forum that will commence when the second half hits.
Aug 22, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2009
Lindle said:

I anxiously await the arguing in the forum that will commence when the second half hits.

Yeah, it's a low point but it still gave us this AMV so I am willing to forgive Araki this slip.
In any case, after Judgement we should be done with the meh battles.
Aug 22, 2014 2:31 PM

Dec 2008
Polnareff, you idiot!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 22, 2014 3:07 PM
Dec 2013
Lindle said:

Dumb or not, the execution of this episode was pretty great. I guess DP is going all out in order to distract greenhorns for the upcoming bullshit.
Aug 22, 2014 3:23 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was well handled, I really love how they played up the drama of Polnareff's "wishes" being turned against him. I'm convinced that there is no way they could've adapted this bit better.

However because of how good this episode was, it does make me wonder if this will make the reception of the second half of Judgement worse. We'll have to wait till next week to find out.

Also sign me up for PolnareffLand as well :D. Free Stands for all whom attend (the manga readers will get a chuckle out of this).
Aug 22, 2014 3:33 PM

Apr 2010
Kinda a darker episode imo
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Aug 22, 2014 3:47 PM
May 2014
The sister thing was a bit of a tear jerker, but I can't say I didn't expect it!

The 'genie' was obviously a stand but at least it does what it's told! Polnareff should just cling to the fact that he's rich, thoguh I bet he'll leave without the gold ^_^
Aug 22, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2010
Honestly? This episode was even better than the manga. The execution was splendid, utterly amazing. DP did bring back the design of 2012' version for Sherry, or it seems so ..?

I liked how they added some filler scenes of Sherry and Polnareff, they really made their reunion a lot more touching. Poor Polnareff, I feel bad for him.
Also, I think I've heard one or two soundtracks that I didn't hear in the latest album, looking forward to hear them in the future then, I kinda had Caesar's episode vibes.

HAIL TO YOU was hilarious and the animations were outstanding as always.

Expecting a lot of movement in the next episode's thread.
Aug 22, 2014 5:02 PM
Jan 2014
Very nice episode. The tone shift was handled nicely. Polnareff is a very soft person in the inside, which is his weakness. Cameo took his time to exploit that.

I always have a laugh when hearing about Polnareff's fantasies.

Got a bit sad when he started wishing to bring Sherry back to life.
The OST captured the emotional state of Polnareff very well, props to Kanno Yugo.

Can't wait for the next one.
Aug 22, 2014 5:32 PM

Jun 2013
Damn this episode was great. Had both hilarious and sad moments
Aug 22, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 2013
Gosh that episode dragged on considering the very small amount of content it delivered. Really depressing stuff though :(
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 22, 2014 7:34 PM

Aug 2012
It's starting to look like that the anime version will be better than the manga version, DP is really doing an amazing job.
Aug 22, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
great episode, wasn't expecting a Stand like that
Aug 22, 2014 7:35 PM

Apr 2009
Polnareff, you're a great guy and all but you're not Rohan okay! You never will be so just back off man!

Anyway I heard that this was like a low point in part 3, but I dig it. I like how one second we're on a super serious mission to tell a man that his son died, and next Polnareff just finds a stand lamp and wacky shit happens.

Well this is just the first part, I'll reserve my full JUDGEMENT after it's over.

Aug 22, 2014 8:12 PM

Jul 2011
I agree that this was much better than expected. I don't hate Judgement from the manga, but it didn't exactly stick out. I see it as a transition point, and it's not really a terrible one. I was fine with the next 2 eps being mellow (after Death 13). But this episode made it seem like a beat hasn't been skipped and we're rolling right along though. Amazing stuff.
Aug 22, 2014 8:21 PM

Sep 2011
After not so good last episode, this episode was awsome. Polnareff focus episode is always the best in jojo part 3! Her sister revived turn into zombie & that stand is freaking OP but who is the user???? Avdol dad? Or some random dude....
Aug 22, 2014 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
me love those color changes and that bitch is a zombie!
Aug 23, 2014 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
Kinda hoping Polnareff dies. He's way to gullible and stupid this episode and last episode definitely proved that to me.
Aug 23, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode,I really liked the color changes damn I missed them some much (and the posing).
Aug 23, 2014 8:00 AM
Dec 2013
Haytin said:
Kinda hoping Polnareff dies. He's way to gullible and stupid this episode and last episode definitely proved that to me.

Why would you wish for Part 3's protagonist to be killed?
Aug 23, 2014 8:09 AM

Sep 2009
Haytin said:

Get out. Polpol is perfection. Best crusader, easily.

Besides, while he may be an idiot, he's also managed a lot more successes than most of the other characters.
Aug 23, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
Lindle said:
Haytin said:

Besides, while he may be an idiot, he's also managed a lot more successes than most of the other characters.

If I ever get a pet turtle, I know what i'm going to name it.
Aug 23, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
Lindle said:
Haytin said:

Shame that those so called successes involved falling for them at first. Plus getting made to lick toilets and the list goes on. He's far from the most successful. If anything Kakyoin has that title
Aug 23, 2014 10:36 AM

Sep 2009
ThisNameBlows said:
Lindle said:

If I ever get a pet turtle, I know what i'm going to name it.

i c wut u did thar u lil shit

Darklight0303 said:
Lindle said:

Shame that those so called successes involved falling for them at first. Plus getting made to lick toilets and the list goes on. He's far from the most successful. If anything Kakyoin has that title

Kakyoin? The worst crusader, who won all of two fights in the whole series, and CONSTANTLY forgot what his superpower was? Like, if he used Heirophant Green for anything other than bursts of Emerald Splash, he could have been so much more useful.

Plus, I'm not going to go into detail about events that haven't been adapted yet, but I will say this: things do not go well for Kakyoin. If anything he gets fucked over MORE than Polnareff in the upcoming battles.

Hell, there can be no debate over who the most successful Crusader is, anyway. It's obviously Jotaro.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

127 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 15, 12:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

130 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 14, 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.