Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 3, 2014 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just watched the pre-air episode.

That was fun. It introduced most of the characters back again. What the hell, that girl is wearing a swimming tube to a classroom LOL. The transformation scenes were awesome though with a cliffhanger.

Hopefully we'll see the full OP song next time. Nice to see Kuro at the end though :>

"Eh?"
Stark700Jul 3, 2014 7:06 AM
Jul 3, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
This was *O RE TO KU*

Beach episode sounded too good to be true, but who cares.
Two Illya's!? Oh shit can I has one?
[right]

Jul 3, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
...Yeah....This ep just screamed to me

Dragging aside, the only thing that annoyed me is the (second) lack of Rho Aias name calling.And that the funny scenes are NOT as funny as in the manga.
ssjokgJul 3, 2014 12:49 PM
Jul 3, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
Good to see that they did not have the OP in the first ep as it would spoil the end of the episode.

ssjokg said:

Not seeing why you would say that.
Jul 3, 2014 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
is Irie gonna get more screentime this time?
Jul 3, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
Good to see that they did not have the OP in the first ep as it would spoil the end of the episode.

ssjokg said:

I hope this was sarcasm and you didnt just ignore the dragging of several scenes and the reuse of last season"s joke.

And you mean that the PVs and poster didnt spoil it already?
silversaint said:

Far more screentime than she did in season 1.
ssjokgJul 3, 2014 12:48 PM
Jul 3, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:

I hope this was sarcasm and you didnt just ignore the dragging of several scenes and the reuse of last season"s joke.

And you mean that the PVs and poster didnt spoil it already?
silversaint said:

Far more screentime than she did in season 1.

You mean they actually take time instead of rushing the shit out of it like you dreamed of?

As I said they will most likely do it two cour.

Not every viewer looks for promo material. THat's like saying that spoiling manga story is okay because manga is available.
Jul 3, 2014 1:42 PM

Aug 2009
The "oniichan morning kiss dream" scene was unnecessary,the whole park scene was useless unless you are in for the yuri and the transformation sequence to save Rin and Luvia was really not needed.

There is something that is between dragging and rushing you know.Normal pace without random scenes.

You mean a THIRD season or some OVA since for now it is still 10 eps.

You really think that those that actually want to watch it for what it is, DIDNT look for info.Okay.Lets ignore normal human reactions.
Jul 3, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
The "oniichan morning kiss dream" scene was unnecessary,the whole park scene was useless unless you are in for the yuri and the transformation sequence to save Rin and Luvia was really not needed.

There is something that is between dragging and rushing you know.Normal pace without random scenes.
They needed to re-establish the basics and they did.

This gives me hope that we might get the scenes that were cut too, like Iris discussion, etc.

Nope. I mean a second cour after a break like F/0

You really think that those that actually want to watch it for what it is, DIDNT look for info.Okay.Lets ignore normal human reactions.

Different people.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisJul 9, 2014 8:11 AM
Jul 3, 2014 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
No they dont need to reestablish the "basics", when the basics were outside the scenes I mentioned, unless if you mean Tatsuko being a retard ,indirect kisses(that werent even in the manga), a random transformation scene or reuse of a scene that they put in season 1 are the basics of Fate/Kaleid.

Except that unlike ufo, they didnt announce anything like that.They did the same just like in season 1.

Yeah different people....

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisJul 9, 2014 8:11 AM
Jul 3, 2014 8:01 PM

Jul 2013
I'm surprised they still did a Pre Air version like in season 1, and they didn't even include the OP and ED =3=

Illya-chan you need to stop dreaming about your brother... lol, Miyu-chan gets the wrong idea XD

"oyahou no chuuu~" and "Ahhh~"

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for big pictures
VudisJul 9, 2014 8:12 AM
Jul 6, 2014 7:45 AM

Jun 2011
Was trying to enjoy the transformation scene, but those two just can't shut up.

Fai said:
ssjokg said:
A two cour show with an one season break in between? You are way too optimistic. If you understand how anime production works, you would know that the production team is still working on the last few episode of this season right now. There is no way for them to prepare another season for winter 2015 unless they are already working on it now. I believe that it is highly unlikely, and if they are, they would have announced it. I'm not saying that season three is impossible, but it would highly depend on the popularity (aka sales). The earliest has to be spring 2015 just given the production time.
Jul 7, 2014 12:04 AM

Jul 2007
Shih said:

Fai said:
A two cour show with an one season break in between? You are way too optimistic. If you understand how anime production works, you would know that the production team is still working on the last few episode of this season right now. There is no way for them to prepare another season for winter 2015 unless they are already working on it now. I believe that it is highly unlikely, and if they are, they would have announced it. I'm not saying that season three is impossible, but it would highly depend on the popularity (aka sales). The earliest has to be spring 2015 just given the production time.

That's not just an "another season" the split cour season design is quite common nowadays to save animation budget. Fate/Zero did it that way.

ANd there's no way to stuff the whole 2wei into ~10 episodes.
Jul 7, 2014 1:46 AM

Aug 2009
Except that FZ didnt start advertising all of its BDs like both seasons of Kaleid did.
Jul 9, 2014 8:15 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Removed some baiting, don't ask where to find subs/where to watch an episode.

Is there really a need to discuss possible sequels when only the first episode of the second season aired?
I'd rather you keep this an episode discussion instead of instigating a flame war on if this is good or not.
Jul 9, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2009
Waver sure let himself go
Jul 9, 2014 12:39 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good first episode.
The screams of Rin and Luvia while this beautiful transformation scene were hilarious.
You also could see Schweinorg completely during Waver's phone call.
But I'm a bit disappointed that Illya didn't scream Rho Aias when she used it.
Pretty hyped to see Caren and Bazette soon, it has been quite a while since Carnival Phantasm.

Jul 9, 2014 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
It's been a long wait but it's worth it so far,
And i need more Tohsaka Rin, she did get much screen time tho.
It was also nice to see Ilya, Miyu and Luvia again and already looking forward to next week.
Jul 9, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Loved it :D The music and animation were top notch!!

Dat beginning :3 Illya wanting a good morning kiss thinking it's Shiro XD And Miyu was totally ready for it <3

Dat IllyaxMiyu feeding scene <3 Miyu pouting because Illya didn't say "Ah--" was kawaii :3

Dat double transformation scene was really pretty *A*

And KURO KENZAN!!! Can't wait to see her animated >.<
Jul 9, 2014 1:08 PM

May 2012
That transformation.

Really good episode. Like how we had the same fun and yuri moments from last season in the first half. The transformation scene was funny and great. It really showed off the animation. At first I thought Illya can just go in and out of archer forms, but now it looks like it split from her. I wonder if she would be called tan Illya lol. Can't wait for next episode.

4/5.
Jul 9, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2013
Lol the girls yelling while Ilya and Miyu are transforming. New girl has arrived at the end.
Jul 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2014
Such a fun episode! Can't wait to see the opening!

Jul 9, 2014 1:46 PM

Aug 2007
Not a bad starter. It seems their peaceful days are finally over. Though that transformation scene look really great, it was just annoying that you could hear Rin and them drowning in the background. Well I enjoyed that twist in the end so I can't see where this goes now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 9, 2014 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
i only watch this cause i don't like leaving unfinished buisiness
this episode was a bit boring, i feel like this season is going to be (even) worse than the previous
Jul 9, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2013
Funny stuff
Tatsuko being her crazy self. Nanaki's puuunch!
LOL at the girls when Miyu and Illya were "kidnapped"
And during that transformation scene - Luvia and Rin fighting lol
Kuro!
Luvia! Get that damn rock off your head lol
Jul 9, 2014 2:45 PM

Oct 2012
So, was this like huge UBW spoiler in the end? Anyway, is this based on UBW or on Ataraxia? Or combination of both? But I didn't like it how they change the laws of this universe how thet please just to make it look cool.

Anyway, it was so so, this series is a really weak substitute of original, better to wait till autumn for Heaven's Feel I guess.
Jul 9, 2014 2:47 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
So, was this like huge UBW spoiler in the end? Anyway, is this based on UBW or on Ataraxia? Or combination of both? But I didn't like it how they change the laws of this universe how the please to make it look cool.

Anyway, it was so so, this series is a really weak substitute of original, better to wait till autumn for Heaven's Feel I guess.
It isnt based on anything what makes you think that?

The laws of "that" universe havents changed at all.If you mean the cards, it is only an addition, not a change, just like the ritual in Extra, Apocrypha and Strange Fake.
ssjokgJul 9, 2014 2:51 PM
Jul 9, 2014 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
nooooOOOOOOOOOO

THEY DIDN'T SHOW IT. SKSJDHJSDHJHSDH

Ahem* Anyways, my body is ready.
Jul 9, 2014 3:12 PM

Nov 2013
More Fate/ = more awesome = more happiness :3
Well Shirou still looks awful. Way to ruin a badass character's design.
Loli yuri scene first thing? Absolutely brilliant.
Bleh.

Taiga being Taiga. And annoying blonde hair loli friend being all hyper and shit, then pink hair punches blonde hair DBZ style (or Captain Falcon style). I like that, she deserved it for being a) annoying, b) retarded and c) perverted. Aaaaand more yuri pairings, perfect. Yes I'm not that fond of Illya's friends, didn't like them much last season and not really sure if this will change this time around. Well, they have their moments at least. Was that recap really necessary though?

Kidnapping! Hahaha that was random. Waver looks badass. More Rin <3 (I still don't like her character design though) Luvia as obnoxious as ever xD
Rin >>>>> Luvia.

Mahou shoujo transformation was cool. Rho Aias, Split and.... Enter: Kuro. Wasn't that impressive of an entrance but it wasn't too bad either.

Visuals are great and OST is amazing.
4/5

PS: Ruby can go to hell :)
BotatoJul 9, 2014 3:16 PM
Jul 9, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
It isnt based on anything what makes you think that? The laws of "that" universe havents changed at all.If you mean the cards, it is only an addition, not a change, just like the ritual in Extra, Apocrypha and Strange Fake.

I thought last year someone said first season is loosely based on Fate, wheras second uses UBW route and third Ataraxia story. But I guess Bazett is slated to appear in this season so I guess it's just this weird mix.

And mainly I meant that creation of Illya's double, there is no way anything like that could be created in original world, not to mention with prana with all things (as far as we presume she is still vessel of kind and acts as source of her Archer self). Or is there any logical how this card "servant" same to her likeness could be placed into ordinary living body? (cause Archer was.. you know)

But maybe it's just me, I don't find this iteration of Fate universe so interesting and I already forgot lot of things since the last year. Not to mention they weren't really informative on what really happend when Illya unlocked her abilities in the last season.
Mich666Jul 9, 2014 3:26 PM
Jul 9, 2014 3:30 PM

Apr 2013
Interesting first episode. That transformation scene was beautiful. The new character Illya is really cute. I wonder why there are two now.
Jul 9, 2014 3:50 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
ssjokg said:
It isnt based on anything what makes you think that? The laws of "that" universe havents changed at all.If you mean the cards, it is only an addition, not a change, just like the ritual in Extra, Apocrypha and Strange Fake.

I thought last year someone said first season is loosely based on Fate, wheras second uses UBW route and third Ataraxia story. But I guess Bazett is slated to appear in this season so I guess it's just this weird mix.

And mainly I meant that creation of Illya's double, there is no way anything like that could be created in original world, not to mention with prana with all things (as far as we presume she is still vessel of kind and acts as source of her Archer self). Or is there any logical how this card "servant" same to her likeness could be placed into ordinary living body? (cause Archer was.. you know)

But maybe it's just me, I don't find this iteration of Fate universe so interesting and I already forgot lot of things since the last year. Not to mention they weren't really informative on what really happend when Illya unlocked her abilities in the last season.
They arent based on anything.I know who you mean and he talks about "symbolism", themes and that kind of stuff that really dont matter.

That Archer isnt the one we know. More about her are spoilers so I will leave put it in tags

One char having a double has been done before, the Saber class in the 3rd HGW. Servants are nothing more than mass of prana.What happened here is similar to that, although it has more to do with Ilya's power as the grail's vessel and the 3rd Magic than what the Edelfelt sisters did.
Jul 9, 2014 4:06 PM

Sep 2013
The transfromation scene was really funny. The yuri factor is going stronger.
Jul 9, 2014 4:22 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
They arent based on anything.I know who you mean and he talks about "symbolism", themes and that kind of stuff that really dont matter.

That Archer isnt the one we know. More about her are spoilers so I will leave put it in tags

One char having a double has been done before, the Saber class in the 3rd HGW. Servants are nothing more than mass of prana.What happened here is similar to that, although it has more to do with Ilya's power as the grail's vessel and the 3rd Magic than what the Edelfelt sisters did.

Oh, now it makes sense, thanks for the answer. Before I was thinking she drew her somehow with use of prana from alternate reality with her Kaleidostick. But this explanation made that a lot clearer.

Though, to create such being one would usually need A LOT of prana. And although those sticks have unlimited supply like Zelretch sword their drain rate is rather limited. But I guess it has to do with the place they were in and with leylines there (as we all know what's supposed to be in this cave beneath that hill). Or it was rather continuous process, prana being stored in Illya slowly after that incident. And Illya's third magic then did the trick.
Mich666Jul 9, 2014 4:25 PM
Jul 9, 2014 4:25 PM

Jan 2008
Was I the only one that was disappointed the morning kiss didn't happen?
Jul 9, 2014 4:31 PM

Nov 2013
4kicks said:
I was happy it didn't happen.

This anime is underrated btw.
Jul 9, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
ssjokg said:

Oh, now it makes sense, thanks for the answer. Before I was thinking she drew her somehow with use of prana from alternate reality with her Kaleidostick. But this explanation made that a lot clearer.

Though, to create such being one would usually need A LOT of prana. And although those sticks have unlimited supply like Zelretch sword their drain rate is rather limited. But I guess it has to do with the place they were in and with leylines there (as we all know what's supposed to be in this cave beneath that hill). Or it was rather continuous process, prana being stored in Illya slowly after that incident. And Illya third magic then did the trick.

Botato said:
4kicks said:
I was happy it didn't happen.

This anime is underrated btw.
It did happen.The kissing scene from season 1 is supposed to be in this ep.That's why I dislike that they almost reused the same joke.
Jul 9, 2014 4:40 PM

May 2013
The year of the yuri continues.
Shih said:
I actually thought that was hilarious. Enjoyable first episode. This series just makes me happy for some reason. That genki girl friend is annoying though. Luvia's boobs were trying to burst from her shirt. Rin is better though. Good transformation sequence.
Botato said:
anime is underrated btw.
Not really underrated but I think you need to be a fan of the fate series or a fan of mahou shoujos to enjoy this (I'm sure there are some exceptions though).
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 9, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
It did happen.The kissing scene from season 1 is supposed to be in this ep.That's why I dislike that they almost reused the same joke.
Yes I remember that, still happy it didn't happen again :p

Baku219 said:
Not really underrated but I think you need to be a fan of the fate series or a fan of mahou shoujos to enjoy this (I'm sure there are some exceptions though).
Makes me wonder who is downvoting this then (not to mention that it's a sequel).
Jul 9, 2014 4:57 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Awesome. (that's the second show I've said that for this season). I was laughing so hard during the 'bottomless bog' scene I had to stop the stream to catch my breath.
Jul 9, 2014 5:01 PM

Jan 2009
Great yuri kiss scene, illya & miyu feeding each other… yup, 2nd season looking good

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jul 9, 2014 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

Illya wanting a good morning kissing and think it was Shiro. It was so close, Miyu almost got kiss by Illya.

That double transformation scene looked pretty good.
Jul 9, 2014 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
Animation looked really great in this first episode. I kinda wish they used a new soundtrack (although the old one from S1 is pretty damn great). Guess Kato Tatsuya was too busy making the phenomenal Free: Eternal Summer OST.

Don't know why they decided to make the yuri more blatant. Maybe it's the source material but I think it's dumb. My penis disagrees of course.

Sella is such a best~
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 9, 2014 9:29 PM

Jan 2011
Some scenes were really funny, like when Miyu and Illya got "kidnapped", or (more out of universe comedy since it wasn't directly referenced) them showing the full transformation scene while Rin and Luvia are drowning.

It was a bit heavy on fanservice, somehow especially Illya repreatedly ended up shown from behind while on all fours etc. Yuri wasn't all that prevelant compared to that, it was only that morning kiss and the scene in the park.

I also had a small hope that Rin and Luvia would still be dirty after the rescue, would show some attention to detail or how you want to call it.

Overall it isn't as good as S1 was, but still nice, and it was only the first episode, so they got time to improve.
Jul 9, 2014 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
nice to see this back Yuri felt stronger than ever this time around

as for the episode wasn't expecting anything to happen at the rate it was going, lol the transformation looked pretty great i found myself laughing at those two still fighting during it.

and Illya un-fused with her archer card? no more badass dual wielding
Jul 9, 2014 9:48 PM

Oct 2013
haha great first ep Illya split into two O_O
now we have 2 Illyas XD
lol @ Luviagelita at the end haha
goign to be a good season hope its more than 10 ep D:
[/quote]
Jul 9, 2014 10:01 PM

Apr 2009
Can't wait Unlimited Bazett Works.
Jul 9, 2014 10:04 PM

Nov 2013
Fun starting episode. Fanservice felt kinda forced though but whatever and the animation is stunning. This will be a nice appetizer before the Fate/Stay Night remake.
Jul 9, 2014 10:13 PM

Nov 2012
loved it! great start in the second season, with some slice of life elements too :>
and we even got another appeareance of waver! c:
can't wait for the next episode~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

105 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 3, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2014

78 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

134 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2014

91 by Karva1 »»
Feb 19, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2014

153 by Karva1 »»
Feb 18, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.