Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2009 3:00 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Production values were good. Concept is cliche and generic to the maxxxxxx.
Oct 4, 2009 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
radiantfire said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Production values were good. Concept is cliche and generic to the maxxxxxx.

In case you haven't realized much, there's very few anime released now that are original.

With that being said, this is going to end up being one of my top shows of the fall besides Kampfer.
Oct 4, 2009 6:25 PM

Feb 2009
Morning Wood =)
(l_/)
('o')
(-)_(-)
Oct 4, 2009 7:04 PM
Nov 2007
KillerYandere said:

In case you haven't realized much, there's very few anime released now that are original.

lol Trying to be a smart ass?

If you want to justify your reason for liking such a generic show, then that's fine. Just don't come out and point out the obvious so as to defend your enjoyment of the series; especially to those who has seen more anime than you.

:)
radiantfireOct 4, 2009 7:22 PM
Oct 4, 2009 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
radiantfire said:
KillerYandere said:

lol Trying to be a smart ass?

If you want to justify your reason for liking such a generic show, then that's fine. Just don't come out and point out the obvious so as to defend your enjoyment of the series; especially to those who has seen more anime than you.

:)

No, but you putting me down by stating in such a matter of fact manner that you've seen more anime than me makes you one to a degree. Smartass doesn't have be someone stating the obvious, it can be someone who brags as well, which can move off into asshole territory. So, you call me a smartass, I'll give you a smartass answer and call you an asshole.

But, that's not why we're here. We're here to talk about this anime so. . .

Frankly radiantfire, I really don't care how many anime you have watched but there's been so many complaints over there being so many bad or generic anime released recently and it gets kinda tiring after awhile. Almost every topic in this site and many other forums have people proclaiming to the world that this anime is generic or unoriginal when people already know that and don't need someone else to remind them.

Surely you, who has seen more anime than I have, would know by now that the reason we have anime that has generic plots, pointless fanservice or large amounts of bloody pointless violence is that there are a large amount of people that watch these shows over other, more better shows. That's why we have dumbed down anime. Because a majority of anime fans don't want anime with comlicated or original storylines. The tired and true formula almost always wins in the end. The same can be said about the movies released in theaters. People make movies that have special effects and explosions more successful

Sora no Otoshimono has some great production and animation value to it. It's sure as hell better than Inuyasha the Final Acts (a non-filler season that feels like filler ironically). Sora follows the same trail most animes take. Yes it is generic, yes it is unoriginal, but it still does enough to make it entertaining.

I don't go into an anime show expecting for the anime I watch to be some mind breaking masterpiece or work of art. I want to be entertained. There there are some anime that fall into the category of entertaining anime that I do not like (Gurren Lagann, Needless, Naurto, Bleach) and watching them feel like some sort of chore.

Sora no Otoshimono has a simple plot that's easy to get into, predictable but you watch it anyway. Now, if it follows the manga, there will be some dark tone changes in it. That's the thing with Sora no Otoshimono. On the surface it looks like your standard fanservice anime. But lurking within it is a potentionally serious and dark tone. Ikaro's has a past that rears it's ugly head.

So, as a final note, if you can't get into such so called great anime such as Bakemongatari (which started off great but became repetitive as hell), it's someones the more simpler anime that we can watch and get into while we wait for a better one. Some would rather have mindless fanservice and action than 24 minutes of exposition that drones along and makes the 24 minutes feel longer than it is. Then again, that might be my ADHD talking.

Have a nice day, evening, morning or night wherever you are :)

Please don't take what I said just now seriously, you're entitled just as much to your opinion as I am to my own.
removed-userOct 4, 2009 9:31 PM
Oct 4, 2009 10:23 PM
Nov 2007
A few points:
- What you're saying does not excuse this show from being generic.
- You need not to state what the show is about. I've already been introduced to the manga quite a while back.
- Also, I enjoy Bakemonogatari.
- I fail to see the relevance of you stating you have ADHD.

In any case, I'll stop with this post. If you want to continnue, PM me or visit my profile.

Other than that, there's no need to be heated. People are going to say 'generic' to series they find generic. There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't like it, then that's your problem, lol.
Oct 5, 2009 8:33 AM

Aug 2008
At the very least, this episode was enjoyable. I am however curious about the direction of this series...

This adds another anime to my list of series this season.
Oct 5, 2009 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
Wow this series is actually much better then it looked at first glance I am glad I gave it a chance. It was a very good first ep I hope it can keep this up :D
Oct 5, 2009 9:31 AM

Jun 2007
wow, that was... bad.
Though there certainly has been worse.
Anyways: dropped.
Oct 5, 2009 10:01 AM

Apr 2009
that was ok.. i will be watching it..
Oct 5, 2009 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
It was good, i laughed a lot before Tomo said to conquer the world..he and his big mouth XD..

And i'm more curious about Sugitaka x Mikako relationship XP

The last scene in the toilet is hilarious, into my list it goes
Oct 5, 2009 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
Looks like i'm getting old for ecchi filled harem comedies. Watched too many in my younger years.

The student council president wasn't bad i guess
Oct 5, 2009 10:21 AM

Feb 2008
OMFG, the main character has probably the most annoying laugh I've ever heard.
Other than that, this first episode was entertaining.
Oct 5, 2009 10:28 AM

Feb 2008
the idiot gets absolute power in his hands...literally and he goofs off by stripping girls and walking around nakid? i like how he destroyed every human being. he got his wish in every possible way. but unfortunately this is a show with more than one episode.

well i certainly see the "danger" aspect to this show.
Oct 5, 2009 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
Is anyone subbing this?
Oct 5, 2009 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
llamaben said:
At the very least, this episode was enjoyable. I am however curious about the direction of this series...

Same here, but it made me laugh and it is short so lets see where it takes me.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Oct 5, 2009 10:47 AM

Aug 2009
Shadow_Strider said:
Is anyone subbing this?

http://www.animetake.com/
------------------
The show is very nice. In my rank it's second after Railgun. For now.
Oct 5, 2009 10:48 AM

Feb 2008
It made me laugh, I like it, makes me haaappy. I thought it was good. Though, I should note I kinda watched it high, that might be swaying my opinion.

Anyway, looks good to me.
Oct 5, 2009 10:56 AM

May 2009
Meh. Probably going to keep watching, cos i don't like dropping stuff.
Oct 5, 2009 11:22 AM

May 2008
nice 1st episode, it was beyond my expectation ;D
Oct 5, 2009 12:18 PM

Jan 2009
I like a perverted main character, and his cheap antics made me laugh quite a bit...
Oct 5, 2009 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
I love the music thats in it , very beastly :\ (except the school one). Nice episode , I lol'ed >.<

its generic in the beginning but it'll grow soon enuf :\
Oct 5, 2009 12:26 PM

Mar 2008
Wow, that was more generic than every other generic show in this new season. The worst one, too. It wasn't really bad, but not good, either. The quality of the drawings seemed rather good to me, though. The Angel is kind of cute, but that male lead is really forgettable and pathetic. There were some part I liked and a slightly bigger amount of others I hated. Quite some unexpected (but generic) drama in this first episode, too. Might give it another episode, if I'm bored.
Oct 5, 2009 1:03 PM

Sep 2007
Anyone know if this show is down in 720p or not? Or are all of them upscales? Trying to decide whether I want to wait for a 720p version or just watch the HorribleSubs 480p version.
Oct 5, 2009 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
There were some funny parts. But there were times when I was like that's just stupid. It doesn't seem they put alot of thought in the plot and character development.
Oct 5, 2009 2:43 PM

Jul 2009
Chobits a-like :3

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Oct 5, 2009 3:07 PM
Jul 2008
It seems to be very good, with a good comedy. I want to watch next episode soon. I hope the blue haired girl will come soon, she looks like Hatsune Miku so I'm interested in how she will be. Otherwise, I like this Slice of Life/fantasy anime!
Oct 5, 2009 3:22 PM

Jan 2009
The anime was really funny and great but Ikaros boobs could use some work they are too big and make her look stupid
Oct 5, 2009 3:56 PM
Dec 2008
pretty funny
Oct 5, 2009 4:02 PM

Feb 2008
this is so far my favorite show of the season. production values were unexpectedly high
Oct 5, 2009 5:11 PM

Jun 2009
it was good, although somewhat generic. will definitely not drop, and a season is anime isnt complete without at least one ecchi
Oct 5, 2009 5:39 PM

May 2008
My least favorite so far this season. And that's including kampfer...

Just bad.
Oct 5, 2009 5:43 PM

Nov 2008
This show is crap, but you have to give the creators points for at least letting the schmuck spend a perverted day as king of the world.
dbaranyiOct 5, 2009 7:36 PM
Oct 5, 2009 7:10 PM

Apr 2009
wow!! better than I expected,,so fun to watch..^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2009 7:13 PM

Oct 2008
Its a fun show, and since I have a dirty mind it makes it that much more enjoyable.
Oct 5, 2009 9:40 PM

Oct 2007
llamaben said:

Oct 5, 2009 10:07 PM

Sep 2008
the trailer for this one seemed so serious and sad, but itsactualy very funny,and i admit that he maked me feel a lot of envy towards him, i want to do that....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 5, 2009 10:53 PM

Sep 2007
Wow... that was a pretty lulz episode. I think I had set my expectations for this show a little too low. It was surprisingly entertaining.
Oct 6, 2009 12:01 AM

May 2008
that was awesome? 1 billion dollars was all i need

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 6, 2009 12:24 AM

Dec 2007
well just watched the episode and i dont really know if i liked it or not.
i was kinda spacing out during the episodes.

ill just give it a 3/5 and just wait till episode 2 then ill give my real opinion about this series.
Oct 6, 2009 12:41 AM

Sep 2007
Oh look, slayer is back.
Oct 6, 2009 12:51 AM
Oct 2007
CapuChuuu said:
Chobits a-like :3

Exactly what I thought. Nothing as beautiful as Chobits but good enough, and it looks like it might be heading in the same direction of drama later on, maybe a bit more on the fantasy/supernatural side though.

Got my interest. Sticking with it.
Oct 6, 2009 1:50 AM

Aug 2009
Nice anime, I think (just basing from 1st episode)...

You could do more than Doraemon could, huh...^_^
Oct 6, 2009 2:33 AM
Feb 2009
I was like O_O throughout the entire thing. Hearing Kira Yamato's voice in such a context is taboo >=]
Oct 6, 2009 3:50 AM
Sep 2008
My jaw just kind of dropped and I was like 'What?' 0_0

Either way, it was different than I expected it to be and it looks like it has potential to be interesting.
Oct 6, 2009 4:43 AM
Aug 2008
It was alright...until he started groping women |D; then it went a bit too far;;;
Oct 6, 2009 5:08 AM
Feb 2009
well.... my first impression was :

who is this fu*king chibi boy that thinks he is a "peace and quiet" motto person
but all he does is doing unreasonable ECCHI things....

at the end i think he really have some good points...

well if he just snap out like this first eps. i'm really gonna go to japan and kill the fu*cking author...
Oct 6, 2009 6:08 AM

Jan 2009
So, generic, and highly expected, still, I think this might be somewhat fun to watch.
Sugata's strange x)

The most annoying part so far, is the term "Master". It sounds annoying as shit in engrish.

Also, somehow, this is the worst possible protagonist in this kind of show xD
And he's already screwed stuff up : D

I'm looking forward to the entrance of the smaller angel, with light blue hair (or turquoise or w/e). She seems more interesting that this first one.

Oh and btw, another annoying thing, is that distant look in the angel's eyes >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 6, 2009 6:41 AM

Feb 2009
Well not really sure what to say about this Dears/Chobits lookalike, except that i frigging hate the voice of the male lead. His laughing/screaming or whatever the hell that was really took a toll on my eardrums...

Other than that I guess I'll take a few more eps to decide what to think, besides his voice the ep wasn't half bad.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Oct 6, 2009 7:03 AM

Jan 2009
Billbo88 said:
Well not really sure what to say about this Dears/Chobits lookalike, except that i frigging hate the voice of the male lead. His laughing/screaming or whatever the hell that was really took a toll on my eardrums...

Other than that I guess I'll take a few more eps to decide what to think, besides his voice the ep wasn't half bad.

Although that laughing (at least the maniacal cackle when he wanted world domination) was pretty lol-able xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 22, 2009

105 by kagamiiin »»
Jun 4, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dbaranyi - Dec 27, 2009

168 by little_raven »»
Apr 19, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 8, 2009

87 by CosmicGirl »»
Feb 25, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 1, 2009

113 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 13, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Oct 12, 2009

145 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 10, 10:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.