Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 8, 2014 4:26 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

God damn, talk bout Nostalgia!! I really loved this closing episode to the arc. We got to see everything play out from kakashi's personal point of view. Everything that transpired during those first moments of this incredible series. Awesome. The studio really outdid them selfs with this arc. It was just fantastic all around. If only the original series has such awesome pacing like this.

In any case, THUMBS UP for canon returning! :D Finally.

May 8, 2014 4:29 AM

Mar 2014
I really really love this filler! the backstory from Kakashi's side!

It really blends well with the war theme, even though the pace slowed down a lot.
Those who read the manga too, will understand! :)
makamakafonisMay 8, 2014 4:35 AM
May 8, 2014 4:34 AM

Dec 2011
This episode felt really good, especially for the ones who read the recent manga chapter.

Can't wait for next week! It is all back to being canon again!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2014 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
Finally getting my Shippuden dosage after waiting for two weeks.

That was beautiful, so much feels.

Nostalgia.

Sasuke and Naruto were purposely put in the same team so Sasuke could use his Sharingan to stop Naruto's Nine Tails from going berserk, neat.

Gotta love J-Man.

This episode really tied in well with this week's manga chapter.

Wow, never realized how symbolic Naruto's little prank was at the start of the series, this showed it was more than just comic relief, and it highlighted each member's personality/flaws perfectly. Great observation skills on Kakashi's behalf.

Canon!

Next episode looks like it might have a lot of flashbacks, though there have been a lot of previews in the past that have looked like that and ended up being 99% action, guess we'll have to wait and see.

A good final episode for a great arc. Best fillers ever.

5/5

The Obito arc was something I had a lot of mixed feelings about, interested to see how Pierrot will handle it.
MinagatachiMay 8, 2014 4:05 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2014 4:53 AM

Jun 2011
I have read the latest manga chapter and to be honest it doesn't make this better. This is really good on it's own, awesome final episode for this arc, feels for Kakashi when his teammates push him forward. Almost wish it wouldn't get back to the canon.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 8, 2014 5:11 AM
Mar 2013
So that's why those three were put together. Lol, poor Iruka is totally wrong. I'm also surprised with how the Hokage knew about the Naruto > Sakura > Sasuke love triangle. He used Sakura as a way to get Naruto more motivated.

Aww, the ending of the episode was real sweet. They really upped the drama with that heart-warming OST. I loved it, and now back to waiting for the next episode.
May 8, 2014 5:29 AM

Jun 2012
No this arc is finished... It was great while it lasted though!

Yay canon is back next week. Time for things to get real!
May 8, 2014 6:14 AM

Jul 2013
Oh dat nostalgia.
was really nice to see that.
Nice filler arc.

And now it's back to canon.
May 8, 2014 6:45 AM

Apr 2011
emeraldrosary said:
SI'm also surprised with how the Hokage knew about the Naruto > Sakura > Sasuke love triangle.

Come on, anyone whose seen Naruto and Sakura should know that Naruto has feelings for Sakura and Sakura for Sasuke.
May 8, 2014 6:48 AM
Mar 2013
yhunata said:
emeraldrosary said:
SI'm also surprised with how the Hokage knew about the Naruto > Sakura > Sasuke love triangle.

Come on, anyone whose seen Naruto and Sakura should know that Naruto has feelings for Sakura and Sakura for Sasuke.
True. It's just something I didn't expect the Hokage to care about since it seemed so trivial. But this episode proves that he was keeping an eye on them for a long time. Seems like this love triangle wasn't so insignificant after all.
May 8, 2014 6:50 AM

Jul 2013
This was a nice conclusion to a nice filler arc. Looking forward to next week's canon ;)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 8, 2014 7:07 AM

May 2013
Hiruzen is awesome. He knows all that's happening in the village. That's his job of being the Hokage after all. It's kinda sad for Kakashi when you don't know that one of your comrades is still alive. Kakashi managing and meeting Team 7. Memories I'll never forget.

The fillers have reached it's end. Next episode will be at the 4th Great Shinobi War again.
May 8, 2014 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
I don't think I watched the very first three episodes when it was airing at the time but this was quite nostalgic. I think I started watching Naruto around 2006 though.

Looks like this filler arc is finished. Not bad I'd say, a lot better than I had expected. Next week looks like it will be the canon. Shame, I kinda wanted to see Asuma and Kurenai's team get their bells though. And what kinda of jutus was that, Jiraya? LOL.
May 8, 2014 7:38 AM

Nov 2009
I'm kinda sad about this arc ending ;_; Would've loved to see more of his father. But anyways, I don't think I could have imagined a better end to this arc. Bravo!
May 8, 2014 8:38 AM

Oct 2013
YES YES YES! No more fillers.

May 8, 2014 8:50 AM
Feb 2013
Omg, the part when Kakashi sees them feeding Naruto gave me goosebumps. Starting to like Kakashi more and more, hell.. He might even be my favorite character now!

I'm really excited for the next episode, how come we only had 2 in the last 4 weeks instead of 4 though?
May 8, 2014 9:11 AM

Mar 2014
I would normally 2/5 this, but honestly after yesterday's chapter i can't help but put a 4/5.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 8, 2014 9:24 AM

Feb 2014
Saskee said:
YES YES YES! No more fillers.

Well, it's not like these fillers were bad but yeah I can't wait for next week.
I walk a lonely road because everyone else fell off
May 8, 2014 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
Wow this week's chapter and this filler episode both emphasized on team 7.

To think that we'd have Kakashi reminiscing on the latest chapter as well as this week's episode is just... damn!

The feels just keep coming..
May 8, 2014 9:53 AM

Mar 2014
Very good and nostalgic conclusion to this arc..but it was about time the filler arc finished!
May 8, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
great episode, though they should have transitioned back to canon at the end of the episode so the whole filler arc was kakashi's thoughts instead it felt very cut off with the beginning of the next episode just being canon again

so much nostalgia in this episode
May 8, 2014 10:36 AM
Mar 2013
DarkMorpher said:
Is it me or has some of the dialogues from original Naruto episodes been rewritten for this episode?
Of course. For one thing, Sasuke definitely did not feed Naruto. And, Kakashi messed with them a bit more before telling them they passed. The part where they leave Naruto tied up there remains the same though ^^
May 8, 2014 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
Does anyone know whats the name of the OST that starts playing around the 8th minute of the episode, when Kakashi and Hiruzen are talking about Naruto and Sasuke ?
May 8, 2014 11:36 AM

Sep 2009
CreamZi said:
Hiruzen is awesome. He knows all that's happening in the village.
He has his crystal ball that shows whats happening all over konoha. What a stalker :D
May 8, 2014 11:48 AM

Sep 2009
Sasuke' room is pretty cool. That view from the window and balcony is nice, and the room is really big and neat.

So Sasuke and Naruto was put into the same team so Sasuke's Sharingan can control Naruto's Kyuubi if it goes berserk. Thats nice...too bad it didn't happen as team mates but rather as enemy haha.
May 8, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2007
We even saw young hirizen, orochimaru, and tsunade. yeah they could of used a better episode to end this arc. Amazing conclusion. one of my favorite back stories of the 4th war arc is coming to, i can't wait for that. :p

May 8, 2014 12:00 PM

May 2013
What a beautiful Naruto episode this was. This was a great ending to the Kakashi Anbu arc which has been very good in my opinion but for a filler, it's amazing in my opinion this has been the best filler of Naruto + Naruto Shippuden. The ending of the episode almost gave me "the feels" but I'm a big macho tough guy who never sheds a tear. I love Kakashi and I love Team 7. I'm very glad that we're going back to canon Naruto next week though! Thanks Kakashi Anbu arc, you were good and I loved this episode a lot it was very beautiful but I'm excited to go back to canon Naruto 5/5.

May 8, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
love it!! the formation of team7.......felt nostalgic <3 <3
May 8, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2008
Enjoyable episode. Liked the Kakachi backstory.
May 8, 2014 12:49 PM

Sep 2013
Well done!!!! Loved this Episode! Can't wait for Next week! Why?

CUZ IT'S FUCKING CANON BABY!!!!!!!!
May 8, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2013
Loved this episode <3
May 8, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
dat nostalgia !!! Idk if its just me, but I love these filler episodes, and want more of them :P. Its a shame its going back to canon next week >_<, oh well.
May 8, 2014 2:05 PM
Aug 2013
tha push. legendary man. legendary.
best filler arc ever.
May 8, 2014 2:10 PM

Feb 2012
Shit son it's finally over.
May 8, 2014 2:50 PM

Apr 2014
I really enjoyed this filler arc. I'm glad that we are getting back to canon though.
May 8, 2014 3:09 PM

Jun 2013
I had stopped watching Naruto:Shippuden while fillers were airing, and today I finished it in one go. I am enraged they did not give Kyuubi attack better animation, and instead used old one, and I am furious they didn't animate Orochimaru vs Jiraiya. I am seriously glad we got through fillers.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 8, 2014 3:50 PM

Aug 2013
;___; This Arc was awesome and the flashback were really good
An seeing that trap again from back in the first 10 episodes in Naruto :""""o Seriously loved it <3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 8, 2014 4:03 PM

Nov 2012
FINALLY THE LAST FILLER!!
May 8, 2014 5:03 PM

May 2014
maybe the best filler arc they have done tbh , now lets go back to the war .....
May 8, 2014 5:23 PM

May 2013
Not gonna lie, I teared up a little.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
May 8, 2014 5:33 PM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:
I don't think I watched the very first three episodes when it was airing at the time but this was quite nostalgic. I think I started watching Naruto around 2006 though.

Looks like this filler arc is finished. Not bad I'd say, a lot better than I had expected. Next week looks like it will be the canon. Shame, I kinda wanted to see Asuma and Kurenai's team get their bells though. And what kinda of jutus was that, Jiraya? LOL.

Only Kakashi has the bell challenge
May 8, 2014 6:26 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Sakura's parents inviting Kakashi and Hiruzen was quite funny!

Conversation between Hiruzen and Kakashi was nice.
Loved that little recollection of Hiruzen's squad. Tsunade admiring Orochimaru and Jiraiya trying to get her attention too. XD

Kakashi's initial observation after the duster prank was impressive!
Last part was a nice nostalgic scene.

As filler episodes; these were not so bad for the past few weeks.

Main story resumes next week! Looking forward to it. :)

May 8, 2014 7:39 PM

Feb 2014
Fiji said:
This episode felt really good, especially for the ones who read the recent manga chapter.

Exactly! :D
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
May 8, 2014 7:47 PM

Feb 2014
Ahh the nostalgia! What an epic episode, in fact this is definitely the best filler arc of Naruto! I absolutely loved this episode! It is so awesome that Kakashi actually saw through the prank and did a Sherlock, lol. And I love how we got to see these extra little bits that tie things together from the first few episodes of Naruto. WOW, just amazing!

And as much as I loved this filler arc, I cannot wait for next week's episode, we are finally going back to canon! This is going to be EPIC!

5/5.
May 8, 2014 7:54 PM

Feb 2014
link9us said:
one of my favorite back stories of the 4th war arc is coming to, i can't wait for that. :p

Just a warning to everyone, do not click the spoiler button and read the comments after this if you have not read the manga yet...

May 8, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2013
SpiritGT said:
link9us said:
one of my favorite back stories of the 4th war arc is coming to, i can't wait for that. :p

Just a warning to everyone, do not click the spoiler button and read the comments after this if you have not read the manga yet...

May 8, 2014 8:01 PM
Mar 2010
Great and conclusive episode.

Regarding next week, some of it will be flashback since they havent completed it from obito's point of view. The " I don't care. . . ."
May 8, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2013
This episode makes me want it rewatch Naruto again. Loved this filler arc! Actually kinda sad to see it go! Can't wait to see next week's episode though.
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
May 8, 2014 8:57 PM

Aug 2012
Really liked this filler arc. Awesome to see canon back though and Jiraiya: Whatever Jutsu LOL.
May 8, 2014 10:56 PM
Dec 2011
wow....every time they talked i paused the video and thought about it..... to hiruzen sarutobi sensei team > minatos team > kakashis team... so much background information .... i was feeling sad happy i i i... just cant tell what i felt it was beautiful ..i understand kakashi sensei perfectly now.

everything kakashi sensei did up until now make sense even everyone around him= 4th hokage kushina,3rd hokage, itachi, kakashis class mates and there students. ..

specially i got to see the way kakashi cared for naruto (naruto always thought kakashi favors sasuke) he checking the milk .. he didn't even check anything on sasuke and he was all alone too.. i think that was great because i think naruto and kakashi sensei as student and teacher is fantastic they have very cute but strong bond !! every moment when it shines like this i love :3

i love this episode and every episode in this ARC it was pure bliss to watch nice end ..anything on naruto,kakashi,jiraya i watch with full heart.. next week its the WAR oh...my...god... cant wait... well done naruto team awesome timing :3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
9 hours ago

» Is Itachi in your top 10 favorite Naruto characters or no?

SupremeGod - May 12

38 by BotGang »»
May 19, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

71 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 17, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 381 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

81 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 14, 12:56 PM

» who's the best waifu? (ending the debate once and for all)

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

45 by DollarstoreYuji »»
May 13, 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.