Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2014 12:52 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Boar hunting time?! This OVA was shorter than I had thought but whatever. Seriously though, Mikasa is RIPPED. Also nice to see Sasha get some spotlight in this. More Potato Girl is always fun ;)
Apr 10, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
It was a pleasure to see Mikasa's beautiful abs. ^__^
Apr 10, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2013
Only half of the special has been uploaded so far.
Apr 10, 2014 4:24 PM

Nov 2007
It really don't have any connection to main story (seriousness and cruelness), but it was too funny! The content of the match was decided by the old guy's hunger. Omu Rice won over meat.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
julyanJun 30, 2014 9:19 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 10, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
I laughed so hard at this it's not even funny.
mitch3315 said:
This might be a bit hard for you to believe, I know I didn't at first, but the thing is that other people actually have different opinions to your own. Crazy, right? How dare they not conform to your opinion on this show, or any other, who the hell do they think they are?
Apr 10, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2013
This was hilarious. Loved to see Mikasa's abs. Lol @ that intensified cooking.
Apr 10, 2014 11:16 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode IMO. :) at first I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't a serious ova. but it does give character development to the series. and it was very funny as well. 23+ minutes goes by too fast.
Apr 11, 2014 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
They animated the fake previews from the manga. I like it.
Apr 11, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2011
Nice to see a breather from the tense theme.
CHARA DEVELOP AHOY
Apr 11, 2014 9:42 AM

May 2010
Jean screentime, lol. He has a lot of fans it seems, I hope this makes them happy. ;)
Sasha, u beauty. xD

lol @ Eren wanting to carry his own box by himself. That was adorable ! X3

Mikasa.. still so ripped... what fun fan service, lol

Poor Armin. >_<
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 11, 2014 8:10 PM
Jun 2013
10/10 because of the opening changes

http://puu.sh/85gwF.png
http://puu.sh/85gDf.png
iampancakeApr 11, 2014 8:20 PM
Apr 12, 2014 11:14 AM

Jan 2011
I was lucky to watch this while live streaming. So many Jean funny Jean momments and Commander's reaction to team Sasha's food was priceless.

12/10 +1 for Sasha in a dress and +1 again for Historia's titan attack.
[center]
Apr 12, 2014 2:34 PM
Dec 2010
This was completely insane, I died laughing
Apr 12, 2014 11:05 PM

May 2009
This was awesone. Can't wait for the third one!
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Apr 13, 2014 12:04 AM

Oct 2013
New opening makes Jean the main character 10/10
Mikasa working out while sparkling 10/10
Pixis going ham and Christa's titan form blast him into space 10/10

I loved it.
Apr 13, 2014 2:24 AM

Feb 2011
That Shingeki no Kyojean opening killed me.
Apr 13, 2014 10:35 AM

Mar 2013
I'm glad this was just an OVA because it was insane and horrible.
Apr 13, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
Dat opening
Dat Mikasa abs
Dat armin titan form
Apr 13, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
Dat opening tho lol
Apr 13, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2012
Now we know that Mikasa's body is fucking ugly.. Abs, abs everywhere...
Apr 14, 2014 3:38 AM

Oct 2011
bigzzcobzz said:

Hah, you're joking right? She's got a body to die for, a fair amount of muscle and her legs aren't bulky.
Apr 14, 2014 5:46 PM

Nov 2012
Meh, disapointed with the OVA. Was expecting something serious and emotional like the 1st OVA, now that was an excelent OVA =/ oh well, it was kind of funny
Apr 14, 2014 9:41 PM

Sep 2013
to be completely honest I don't know how to feel about this OVA, I mean it was really funny, and I kind of liked it, but it's just weird to see such a serious anime turn into a comedy in one episode. Sure I liked seeing things like the titan forms of armin and mikasa ( I didn't think the would include that) and there were some funny parts so in the end i didn't love it but I didn't hate it either.

Apr 14, 2014 10:54 PM

Sep 2013
Lol, imagine Jean was the lead character instead of Eren. Outside of that, I can't even take this series seriously any more haha. Nah jk! it was entertaining!

One last thing, I fucking love the armored titan theme song btw.

Apr 14, 2014 11:44 PM

Jun 2008
Ahahahhha XD WOW this is a comedy episode XD Didn't expect something like this X'D - That opening really killed me and LOL at Jean drawing Mikasa.
- Cooking Battle? Lmfao, didn't expect to see this~
- omg Sasha's hunting skills are finally shown in this episode :DDD
- Sasha's reaction towards Reiner's resignation was funny, she actually punched him x'D........Her obsession with meat overwhelm the power of potatoes X'D
- Jean is so mean to his mother ;'(((((
- OMG AHAHHA Armin's LEG WTF OMG the way he broke his leg WUt the heck XD
- Jean is cute when he's little :') Awwh
- They're taking that cooking battle so seriously
- Mikasa's beautiful ABs!! I love that short training scene where she throw her punches *W*
- That moment where the commander ate the boat meat, i laughed so hard.
- I cant believe they actually animated that fake transformation part X'D

I really enjoyed this ova, albeit it was nothing like i expected it to be since the tone of the series was quite serious as opposed to the light-hearted, comedic tone in here. IT's not bad to have comedy once in a while, i suppose :) The action scenes were great throughout the episode though! O_O The animation was very smooth and some part are even better than the fighting scene in the actual series o-o;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 5:36 AM

Aug 2013
How did you go that whole sentence without mentioning Jean OP, it's legit his OVA .-.

Pipoko said:
Love Sasha in this. She's great. I'm sick of Jean, though, he already got a bunch of filler. He's a good character and I liked what they did in this, but I'd rather seen some of the training stuff they skipped in the anime. Then again, there's the third OVA and the only thing of the material the anime covered that they still can naturally cover is some of the missing training flashback. Waiting for subs, but it was really entertaining.

Dude all SNK OVA's are about what happens in between and it's to make fans laugh.
Has nothing to do the original plot, if it did they would put it in the original story line.
How did he get a bunch of fillers? Most of Jeans scenes in the anime and Manga is always shared with someone else. Sasha has a big fanbase and a good 1/2 of the video was about her, why are you complaining. I' more pissed we didn't really get to see Annie speak and interact.
shippos said:
to be completely honest I don't know how to feel about this OVA, I mean it was really funny, and I kind of liked it, but it's just weird to see such a serious anime turn into a comedy in one episode. Sure I liked seeing things like the titan forms of armin and mikasa ( I didn't think the would include that) and there were some funny parts so in the end i didn't love it but I didn't hate it either.
That's the point of OVA's lol and did you not see the chibi series? Things like this are so common in Anime, I honestly don't see how people are shocked. I was more shocked at the fact they were able to keep SNK so serious. Comedy wise there have always been hints here and there in the main story. They went full out here but still staying true to the characters. You can't expect a bunch teenagers to be serious all the time. Even as a whole, there was so much negative tension in the OVA, it was nowhere near funny as a whole.
Just something Jean, Sasha and Connie fans would enjoy.
skittle316Apr 15, 2014 5:46 AM
Apr 15, 2014 7:17 AM
Sep 2012
skittle316 said:
How did you go that whole sentence without mentioning Jean OP, it's legit his OVA .-.

Pipoko said:
Love Sasha in this. She's great. I'm sick of Jean, though, he already got a bunch of filler. He's a good character and I liked what they did in this, but I'd rather seen some of the training stuff they skipped in the anime. Then again, there's the third OVA and the only thing of the material the anime covered that they still can naturally cover is some of the missing training flashback. Waiting for subs, but it was really entertaining.

Dude all SNK OVA's are about what happens in between and it's to make fans laugh.
Has nothing to do the original plot, if it did they would put it in the original story line.
How did he get a bunch of fillers? Most of Jeans scenes in the anime and Manga is always shared with someone else. Sasha has a big fanbase and a good 1/2 of the video was about her, why are you complaining. I' more pissed we didn't really get to see Annie speak and interact.

Well, Jean already had a lot of extra scenes in the anime itself that's why it bugged me a little. I said I don't hate the character. I much rather would have had the stuff they skipped from the training flashback animated, but it was a Jean-centric episode and that's fine, too, they covered the fun fake previews from the volumes. It was fun.

The subs are out. I thought the character interaction was really fun and it ended on a heartwarming note with Jean's mom. There will be a third OVA in August and they'll have a chance to cover the stuff they skipped in the manga there, that would be nice.
Apr 15, 2014 1:17 PM

Oct 2010
Excellent OVA, just like the first, but for very different reasons XD
Apr 15, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2012
They are lucky Levi wasn't in this contest or else it would have been a wrap

Also, Sasha in a dress <333
Apr 15, 2014 2:03 PM

Aug 2012
This was so funny. I love the contrast it gave, with the more of a light hearted feel this had compared to the original series.
Stitches327Apr 15, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 15, 2014 2:30 PM

Jan 2012
Hmm so Mikasa really has abs...

And seriously that was quite something when they transformed into titans... and krista into an angel??? lol
Loved how Connie was so tiny compared to the others lol
Apr 15, 2014 2:42 PM

Jun 2009
Obligatory:
[ ]Filler Episode
[ ]Beach Episode
[X]Jean fanservice Episode
[X]Potato Girl episode

Need more of Mikasa abs.
NouverApr 15, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 15, 2014 2:50 PM
Jun 2009
This was such a disappointment, SnK was my favorite show last year, there was not one episode (apart from the summary one...) that I dislike but this... this does not belong in the SnK world...
Apr 15, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
bigzzcobzz said:

I smell jealousy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
Well...that was the last thing I was expecting, but it was absolutely hilarious! I was struggling to believe I was watching SnK, but even with crazy comedy episodes, it still somehow retains that epic feel. Loved it!
Apr 15, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
Resuming the episode 2:"Shokugeki no Kyojin"

Apr 15, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2010
I almost grew to dislike Jean but when he opened the lunch box it made up it.
I enjoyed Sasha's group more when they were hunting.

This showed me a new side of commander Pixis, which was enjoyable also.
Glad to see most of the cast again.
Apr 15, 2014 4:21 PM

Apr 2013
lol the show was mocking itself so much in this ova. very funny and random

how can anyone disklike mikasa's abs
Apr 15, 2014 4:32 PM
Apr 2013
My two favorite characters Sasha and Jean were featured :D
That was really good and funny. I greatly enjoyed the comedy and the silly. Sasha is a monster when it comes to food haha
Apr 15, 2014 4:43 PM

Mar 2013
them mikasa abs
Apr 15, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2011
SnK + serious comedy? No.

Freakin' lol when Armin tripped on the stairs though.

Otherwise, I will happily forget whatever I just watched.
Apr 15, 2014 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
Madara31 said:
Excellent OVA, just like the first, but for very different reasons XD

This.
Omg dat opening lols
Apr 15, 2014 5:33 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Good OVA.

-- "You're the only one who can outmaneuver me."
I'm pretty sure everyone is better than Jean. XD

Damn, that bite.. Sasha killed that potato..

Reiner takes a good beating and admits to be wrong. XD

How Sasha was holding onto the boar and naming those foods made from it's meat. Even Armin's potato bait didn't work! XD
One shot KO. Sasha is badass when it comes to food.

Damn, Jean-boy was quite rude.. Though, he realized his attitude later.

Those abs! Mikasa *.* ..

Boar meat is so delicious, it turns everybody into titans Pixis' imaginations knows no bound. XD
Jean-boy wins with his mom's omelet. :) Good to see he's back to normal.

Apr 15, 2014 6:06 PM

Jun 2012
what did I just watch?

wth

It seemed a lot better in the gifs I saw on tumblr

at least there was a lot of Armin and Sasha, which are my faves, and it was nice to hear the first op and end

but overall for me that OVA was merely okay, could have totally pass on it honestly
I'm giving an overall 7/10 for now simply because I adored the first OVA and it wouldn't be fair to drop it to a 5 o 6 because of this one (I just hope the third is not like the second)

Mirorin said:
(...)
I will happily forget whatever I just watched.

^ this

- I only draw freestyle! -
Apr 15, 2014 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
That was hilarious.

Jean-boy stealing the spotlight in the OP.

Sasha's devotion to meat is admirable.

Dem abs.

Titan transformation dream sequence.
Apr 15, 2014 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
Dat Jean Opening
Dem Mikasa abs

That Pixis titan daydream was 11/10
Holy shit goddamn
Apr 15, 2014 6:31 PM

Jan 2013
Throughout the whole time I was dying of laughter. I loved how this OVA was a change and was mostly focused on the comedy, than titans.
Loved the opening. Despite how mean Jean was to his mother, he's still amazing and why I loved the opening. I also just love seeing them move around the maneuver gear. Never gets old.
Sasha and her meat. Am I the only one who was thinking about Death Note when she ate the potato? Funny, they're still living off her name. Sasha and Connie moments are amazing. At some point when Jean held her hand I shipped her with him, but i'm still with Sasha and Connie.
Pixis. He killed me. They over exaggerated that whole scene, but it was hilarious. When they all turned into titans. I remember seeing that somewhere in the manga, but didn't think they'd ever show it.
Mikasa's abs, damn.
Also when Armin broke his legs. His reaction killed me.
Eren and not being able to carry one box. So cute.
And finally Jean's mom embarrassing. It was cute, even though he's acted really rude. I least he realized in the end.
Overall, amazing OVA and loved the change.
Apr 15, 2014 6:41 PM

Sep 2010
OVA focusing on my two favorite characters in the series so I honestly loved this despite it being fanservice!

I think Jean was mean to his Mom cause he is in his rebellious stage? xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 15, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2013
This OVA was hilarious, I definitely enjoyed it!
Can't even count how many times!
That Pixis imagination was just freaking awesome lol!
Sasha and Connie's hilarious pose, and her not liking being called Potato Girl!
Sasha beating the crap out of Reiner HAHA!
I loved Jean's flashback of his mom, it was pretty touching... That Omurice, inspiration!
Armin injuring himself and his reaction, freaking priceless!!!!!!!

Mayuri_Shiina said:
They animated the fake previews from the manga. I like it.

+1
Apr 15, 2014 7:02 PM

Apr 2011
Wow, I never thought an episode of Attack on Titan would make me ROFLMAO, but it sure spun my ROFLcopter :P I loved the over the top ludicrousness of the cooking (including dynamic AoT poses using cookware), and OMG the meat hallucination.

Pork ... so good, you'll feel like everyone's turning into Titans!

Dunno why people are hating on this episode, personally I liked it as much or more as the first OVA, though the tone of the two are like night and day. Looking forward to #3!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin OVA Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Aug 8, 2014

143 by Apreggi »»
Feb 24, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Ilse no Techou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

241 by Apreggi »»
Feb 20, 11:36 PM

» Eren is an immature dick

Kokko - Aug 20, 2014

14 by _spoon_ »»
Nov 12, 2021 10:42 PM

» Episode 5

StormBoi - Apr 11, 2015

2 by SpeedRoidGenm »»
Oct 28, 2018 1:11 PM

» has anyone seen: Chibi Theater: Fly, Cadets, Fly!

dinka- - Apr 6, 2018

2 by dinka- »»
Apr 7, 2018 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.