Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Silver Spoon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2014 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Hachiken lol
http://imgur.com/ARx4JkP

The episode was great. Mikage still following her dreams and the cheesecake <3. I really like Hachiken's determination to get his thoughts out as well too.
Stark700Mar 20, 2014 2:15 PM
Mar 20, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
Great episode. Hachiken has really come along way, and so has Mikage. Can't believe there's only one episode left. Definitely will pick up the manga because idk if I can wait long enough with this anime ^__^
Mar 20, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
Sweet episode with Hachiken getting closer to Mikage but still not dating her! lol
Mar 20, 2014 11:40 AM

May 2013
That was one huge step that Mikage went through, telling her parent about her dreams. The guy's reactions when Hachiken said he was gonna take responsibility, especially Mikage's dad lol.
Mar 20, 2014 11:40 AM

Aug 2010
Another beautiful episode :*)

Hachiken's reaction to Aki's grades "At least ur better than Tokiwa" XDXDXD

Good thing he found out a way to make her memorize stuff XD And finally he said NO! Such nice senpai's they have ^^
But Dat Execution when he figured out he was teaching a girl alone was so hilarious lololol

Sakae's reaction to Aki and Hachiken still not going out was lol "That's love for u" ;)...And Aki saying "Yes I'm an idiot" Totally indicates she likes Hachiken in the romantic type of way :3

Poor Hachiken having to call his brother and knowing he has to go home too XD It's all Buddha sensei's fault XD

Lol'd at how he kicked him out for infecting the cheese with negative emotions XD

Hachiken resisting Aki's "I'll do anything u want" was lol and Yoshino telling him he's a creep XD But damn Dem lips <3

Hajime is a genius as usual thinking how they'd rake in cash if that Yogurt was from the girls bath XD

And finally! The last part had me tear up a bit. Really great stuff there with Aki telling her parents what she wants with Hachiken's assistance. Her mother thinking Hachiken did something to her was lol and their reactions to "I'll take responsibility" was so damn hilarious esp the dad. First his shoulders being on fire then FLIPPING TABLES "HELL NO" XDXDXD Aki's dad is really cool though, accepting it immediately and thinking about her future. Lol'd so much at how they were talking about how stupid and how much a Baka she is and how she said she can't deny it XD Lol XD Her "Sorry and Thank u" while crying at the end was really touching. Such a great family :*)

Can't wait to see how Hachiken is going to stealthly evade his parents....if he can XD
Mar 20, 2014 11:54 AM
Nov 2010
I was a little concerned when the episode started and they began talking about how Hachiken agreed to help Aki. I was thinking there is absolutely no way they skipped that critical scene. I even checked the episode number before I went any further.

Thankfully, it was still in there but I wasn't a huge fan of the ordering. I understand the rationale from a director standpoint, but they pretty much laid the resolution out at the beginning so there was very little surprise or impact from the conversation and what came of it.

Anyway, another great chapter. It will be interesting to see exactly where they end it.
Mar 20, 2014 12:19 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah I didn't exactly see the point in ordering it like that, but it didn't really bother me. Still definitely had an impact.

I loved the reminder on how Mikage and Hachiken have been supporting each other. And the transition from Mikage to Hachiken attempting to confront his issues(sort of) was really good.

That ending though, wander what's gonna happen..
Mar 20, 2014 12:35 PM

Jan 2008
Another solid episode.

And now I'm off to read the manga, because waiting a week for a conclusion is way too much for me.
-
Mar 20, 2014 12:57 PM
Feb 2013
Hachiken you moron you're more concern about Aki's future but not yours, that as worse a a blind leading a blind.
Mar 20, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2009
The execution and Hachiken's subsequent vision of Pork Bowl calling him had me in stitches.
Ara ara.
Mar 20, 2014 1:21 PM

Oct 2007
Over the course of this season Mikage has grown so much on me, she's so damn cute.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 20, 2014 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome episode.

I have a feeling the ending part will play a pretty big role, mostly for the worse, like a car accident or something that has to do with the horses.
Mar 20, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2012
Next episode is the last one... Damn I don't want it to end! It would be awesome to see 3rd season in the winter!
Mar 20, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2010
Man they skipped a lot of funny and cute scenes. Bath scene and also Mikage's father threatening Hachiken (which I thought was important for the humor later on) was skipped. I'm sad.

One episode left. Season 3 maybe after two seasons or so. I'm hoping for spring 2015.
Mar 20, 2014 2:27 PM
Oct 2010
LOL at Hachiken greeting Pork Bowl after being "executed"

RazorRamona200 said:
Hachiken you moron you're more concern about Aki's future but not yours, that as worse a a blind leading a blind.
Student teaching is a great way to improve further in studies for those who are already at the top, so it's not like he is wasting his time.

He should decide on a career for himself before it's too late to choose, though... which should be about a year from this point in the story, if my time sense isn't off.
SkyKyz said:
I have a feeling the ending part will play a pretty big role, mostly for the worse, like a car accident or something that has to do with the horses.
Well, there is no point in putting that stuff just because, so that feeling is fully intended.
AjunkyMar 20, 2014 2:34 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 20, 2014 2:44 PM
Dec 2013
Yeah they, again, skipped a lot of scenes. Like when some students watching movie (for once, we have Aikawa), scene between girls in the bathroom (no, it wasn't fanservice) and their conversation (kind of important for Yoshino), and Mikage's father against the poor Hachiken. But now, I'm pretty sure to know with what chapters they are going to end the season. However, I'm nervous because they still can skipped some important scenes with those last chapter...
Mar 20, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
Next week last episode.I'll cry...and probably rate this season 10/10.
Beautiful episode, Hachiken and Mikage, marry already.

''BUTADOON!'' - XD
incompleteAEGISMar 20, 2014 3:36 PM
Mar 20, 2014 3:30 PM

Mar 2012
Haha, I like how totally blunt Mikage's family is. Some foreshadowing at the end there.
Mar 20, 2014 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
Poor Hachi, only got a thank you note at the end, no kiss in the wild.

The family talk was intense, "Mikage is not that smart" lmao.
Mar 20, 2014 5:23 PM

Jul 2012
I loved how they chose to end this episode by finishing the scene from last episode. I also love where the series has been going the last few episodes with Mikage's development and her relationship with Hachiken :)
Mar 20, 2014 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
The ice on the roads warning at the end made me think that Hachiken is going to get in an accident while he is visiting his parents!!!

Great episode!!!
Mar 20, 2014 6:39 PM

Dec 2012
Mikage's family ripping on her and her reactions were priceless XD but I am glad that the two made it work. Her father was fairly calm about the whole thing till Hachiken's outburst. One more episode then I am going to definitely pick up the manga. Haven't heard anything about this show's sales so I am prepping for the appearance/no show of a third season
Mar 20, 2014 7:04 PM

Sep 2012
Mikage's dad is the best. I really liked this episode, lots of fun moments, though I'm a bit disapointed they didn't follow the chronological order.

Winter is coming!
Mar 20, 2014 7:10 PM

Jul 2011
Mikage's father is awesome. :)

The ice warning makes me think someone will get into an accident!!
Mar 20, 2014 7:55 PM

May 2013
Greatness, as usual. This anime is so down-to-earth and honest in a way few are. Loved the interaction between Mikage and Hachiken this episode. The whole thing was chock full of comedy gold.

I have a feeling something unpleasant is going to happen soon though, what with that ominous news report at the ending...
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 20, 2014 8:01 PM

Sep 2013
I'm genuinely surprised that Aki asked Kobata to take over the ranch, although I'm not surprised he refused.

Awesome reaction to her tests :3

"Execution." LOL

"That's love for you." "Are you an idiot?" "Yeah, I'm an idiot. I'm dumb." Ha

"Don't insult the pigs." :P

"I'll do anything." And he immediately hits the erozone XD Why didn't he ask her out right then or something?

"Men's bath yogurt." Ew, he made the right decision. Women's bath yogurt would sell high though :3

That whole family talk scene was really good.

Shit a heavy winter, that could be a problem, anyways what a cliffhanger!

So many awesome freaking moments in such an epic episode >:D
Mar 20, 2014 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
Another fantastic episode.
I'm even satisfied at the pace their relationship is advancing at.
Mar 20, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2013
"I'll take responsibility!!"

lol.. the scene that I've been waiting for forever. I feel like it had more impact in the manga though.. still funny regardless.
Mar 20, 2014 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:
"I'll take responsibility!!"

lol.. the scene that I've been waiting for forever. I feel like it had more impact in the manga though.. still funny regardless.

I think once he said that Aki's mother and grandmother were ready to bring it into the family strategy discussion and make the betrothal arrangements that evening...

I can feel her father's pain though...no one is ever good enough for your only daughter. However, Hachiken is pretty good son-in-law material: he's smart, he's got a super work ethic, he loves Aki, and he's scared to death of you...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 20, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2008
If I were that sempai, I'd be jelly of Hachiken too knowing he gets to be alone with Aki, even if it's just studying. I hope the pizza event planning still progresses though even without Hachiken's active role.

Lol. The reactions to Hachiken's "I'll take responsibility" was priceless. Aki's stone-face, all 3 mother's lit up eyes, all thinking about marriage, and the dad's shivers while flipping the table....this was definitely the highlight of the episode.

Since Hachiken still hasn't decided what he wants to do...the closest thing I can think of that he might get into would be getting a job in the business side of things from maybe Tamako's previous casual invite, or perhaps Hachiken expanding on his love of studying to encompass education in general, and perhaps aim to become a school teacher. Well, that's all just conjecture.

Dammit, so many different anime titles are on their second-last episodes, and will be concluding next week, with Silver Spoon being no exception. Here's hoping for a 3rd season!
Mar 20, 2014 9:18 PM
Mar 2012
My favorite episode by far.
Mar 20, 2014 11:24 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, Hachiken has developed so well! I love awesome character development.(mikage was pretty good too, I'm liking her more and more)
Oh man the feels hit me hard this ep. I'm still in shock that next episode is the last.
Mar 21, 2014 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
the comic reliefs are funny I CAN'T OMFGGGG aahhhhhh the fact that this show will end next week is sooo heart-wrenching :( I WANT MORE GIN NO SAJI IN MY LIFE *sobs

whoops time to start reading the manga then~
Mar 21, 2014 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
So Aki will step down on her ranch and instead by going to a University and getting a job. How nice of Hachiken tutoring her when she is not good on some subjects. All Hachiken needs is to grab a couple of notes from his brother, and uses it for Aki's advantage to get to a UC.

LOL nice Yogurt experienment, and Aki's dad being overprotective. I have high hopes if Aki gets into college. Also for her romance development for Hachiken.

Mar 21, 2014 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
neonBdragon said:
The ice on the roads warning at the end made me think that Hachiken is going to get in an accident while he is visiting his parents!!!

I feel the same way. That ending is very subtle. Something bad is going to happen to someone. Either the Ice is going to hurt the farms or the road warning is going to come into play. now I'm on the fence. D:
Mar 21, 2014 6:15 AM

Jul 2013
for those who are wondering what chapter they should start, i recommend to read the whole manga, since the anime left out many jokes and dialogues with other characters.

if you, for some reason do not want to do this, start with chapter 72
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 21, 2014 9:36 AM

May 2011
Urek said:
for those who are wondering what chapter they should start, i recommend to read the whole manga, since the anime left out many jokes and dialogues with other characters.

if you, for some reason do not want to do this, start with chapter 72

thanks bro, i was just wondering where should i start this , i doubt if i can still wait for another season, tis season is especially getting into me

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 21, 2014 11:35 AM

Oct 2011
Go Mikage follow your dream!!!!

Dat ice warning!!! The horses will get into an accident during their shipping : 0
Something will happen to Hachiken!!!!

NOOOO !!!
Mar 21, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2009
Whelp, that TV broadcoast might mean a depressing finale ;_;
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 21, 2014 3:00 PM

May 2012
Sweet episode. Not as great as the last one (last episode was pretty much perfect) but still very good.

NOW KISS!!!

SetsukoHara said:
Mikage's dad is the best. I really liked this episode, lots of fun moments, though I'm a bit disapointed they didn't follow the chronological order.

Winter is coming!
+1
Mar 21, 2014 4:25 PM

Nov 2009
It's so great that things went well with Aki and her family.

Don't know much about Japan's geography but was that a foreshadowing in the saying that Hachiken won't be returning to Ezono for a while?

Shingo made an appearance!
Mar 21, 2014 8:44 PM

Jun 2012
Hachiken just ask Mikage out already.
Mar 22, 2014 1:00 AM

Sep 2011
OMG! That ''i take the reponsiblilty'' line had me rolling with mikage family reaction lol & mikage character development at the end...i feel that... Hachiken & mikage still on the fence everyone calling them both out as dumb & don't forget nakajima cheese sensei wisdom talk early in the ep. Great ep as usual, damn 1 more ep foreshadow at the end?....season 3 better happen xD.
Mar 22, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2009
I've always loved this show but the last few episodes have been so full of feels!
The combination of comedy and more serious dialogues always make me cry. T_T
ginko29Mar 22, 2014 9:22 AM
Mar 22, 2014 9:13 PM

Dec 2012

Hachiken's has come full circle, in a sense, as he's heading home to deal with his issues. Brilliant. Everything was excellent as usual.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Mar 23, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2014
Like everyone else, that "I will take responsibility" line really cracked me up. I was disappointed Komaba declined Aki's offer. I thought it was a good solution for both families. I wish his brother got more appearances, he's such an interesting character. Ah, only one episode left? I guess I'll switch back to the manga.
Mar 24, 2014 12:19 AM

Jan 2009
Episode was a great mix of comedy and drama - it's amazing how well this series does it.
Mar 24, 2014 4:08 PM

Sep 2007
DoomCraft said:
The execution and Hachiken's subsequent vision of Pork Bowl calling him had me in stitches.

This.

Mikage is possibly the cutest character this season.

Mar 25, 2014 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
Hachiken, your the man! hahaha

The two of them have really gotten closer since the start of the Komaba Ranch Arc...

The reactions of people who thought they were dating but actually not, was funny...well, the things that happened between the two of them was so fast didn't notice they were already in a situation like 'more than friends but less than lovers' kind of thing...

But on a serious note, its good that Hachiken is doing his all for Mikage, but, me too, thinks that he should also face his own problems with his family and later decide on a career he wants to do before its too late. It would be nice if at that time it will be Mikage's turn to help Hachiken. :)

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Feb 2011
Those two really need to end up together -_-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Will there be a 3 rd season ? ( 1 2 )

Dannyboy420 - Mar 25, 2014

80 by Rorertiy »»
May 29, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

162 by Shikkakku »»
May 7, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

100 by Shikkakku »»
May 7, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2014

74 by Shikkakku »»
May 6, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2014

137 by Shikkakku »»
May 6, 10:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.