Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 27, 2009 6:43 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another great episode XD Disc was funny and cute.

Finally Soruva and Seto has arrived, they look huge for some reason O_o. Soruva looks pretty badass in the OP Can't wait to see her fight. I wonder, Who started the Hanketsu - Shikei + finishing pose, its so cool XD
porkypinkAug 27, 2009 6:55 PM
[right]

Aug 29, 2009 8:15 PM

Jun 2008
The Father have been owned pretty badly by the pretty squad girls.... also two new mysterious allies appeared lol
Aug 29, 2009 9:20 PM

Feb 2009
Disc has some serious firepower, just makes her more awesome.

Did Seto say "Boku wa Seto"? If so, does that mean she's a trap? Wait, why am I seeing traps everywhere in this show? xD

What happened to Blade's memories of previous battles? Didn't he already memorize moves like Fragrance and Speed? And I'm not even talking about Arclight's more powerful moves.

Mio-chan punch and hip-attack are made of win. x)

Anyway good to see some new badasses join the crew. :)
Aug 29, 2009 9:56 PM

Aug 2009
Seto is pretty badass with her sword. Good to see its following the manga's direction.
Aug 29, 2009 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
"im watching heaven in a lot of ways" XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 30, 2009 12:22 AM
Apr 2008
wonder if 4th powerful girl is actually cruz's sister o.o;;; speculationg that is..
Aug 30, 2009 1:17 AM

Mar 2008
It was a bit ridiculous, that Blade couldn't do a thing. I mean he remembered all of their abilities before and at least speed can beat power and fragrance, so it's pretty much 1on1 against Setsuna. Plot hole. But well, I suppose I shouldn't even start thinking that way in THIS show. ^^

Anyway, this episode was ok, but there have been better ones. It was fairly funny (mainly Disc & Mio), though the fight scenes were a bit shallow. Good thing those two new girls emerged and saved the day. Ever since they caught my interest in the OP I secretly hoped they would be on the "good guys" side. They seem to be quite cool. Though I am more concerned about the evil fragment of that other girl. Seems like we will see that in action next episode.
Aug 30, 2009 1:51 AM

Jul 2009
SUBARASHII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i
Aug 30, 2009 2:49 AM

Aug 2008
It was cool (mainly Disk and Mio - as mentioned earlier), but there have been better episodes.
KvakondAug 30, 2009 4:07 AM
Aug 30, 2009 3:08 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode wish Blade put up more of a fight though.
Aug 30, 2009 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
Well, it is Blade after all, fighting against 3 lolis is impossible for him. But if it is 3 bad guys then it is another story.

Seto is pretty damn cool for her first appearance.

@Kvakond: no new avatar for you this week?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 30, 2009 3:49 AM

Mar 2008
Yes he really can use speed and block strikes.
And if he can neutralize that fragrance girl they strategy will be break.

Mystery women - Cruz sister?

Oh and i really want see furious Solva)
Aug 30, 2009 4:07 AM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
@Kvakond: no new avatar for you this week?
Haha, I actually forgot about it, but then again there weren't any good Kuchinashi moments this ep. Maybe I'll do something with Disk.
Aug 30, 2009 6:35 AM
Dec 2007
Great over-the-top episode as always !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 30, 2009 7:04 AM

Aug 2009
Action, Action, Action. I love this anime. Lots of action, humor and beautiful girls! 9th episode was awesome. Can't wait to see new girls fighting some more ^^
Aug 30, 2009 8:29 AM

Aug 2009
Yea Cruz sister is a spy for Simeon.
Aug 30, 2009 9:11 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Siva said:
Well, it is Blade after all, fighting against 3 lolis is impossible for him. But if it is 3 bad guys then it is another story.

I think that's the reason...but plot holes anyway....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 30, 2009 9:35 AM

Aug 2009
SoFarGone said:
Yea Cruz sister is a spy for Simeon.

I wish It wouldn't be truth ^^
Aug 30, 2009 9:43 AM

Feb 2009
WTF Disc!!! that note is kinda crazy how in the world do they know something like that. I fear whoever does TN -_-;

Good question Cruz-kun?
Aug 30, 2009 10:27 AM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:
Siva said:

I think that's the reason...but plot holes anyway....

Well, I also think I might be able to sleep well again with that kind of reasoning. Haha! ^^
Aug 30, 2009 11:49 AM

Aug 2009
This anime is cool also because it's making fun of itself. Plot holes - normal thing, I don't really care ^^
Aug 30, 2009 12:28 PM

May 2009
"Someone's touching my butt". That made me laugh. Disc maybe be more robot than human, but you can't deny that she is funny.

And maybe Blade never planned on truly fighting back. Given the fact that he had two allies show up at the last minute, that makes me suspect he wanted to hold back (perhaps not to damage the girls' bodies too much).

Mio's Power is pure pwnage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2009
Disc-chan is so sweet <3
Aug 30, 2009 3:14 PM

Jul 2007
Why does this series make me laugh so hard.
"I see heaven....in soo many ways ♥".
Aug 30, 2009 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
Morkand-san said:
This anime is cool also because it's making fun of itself. Plot holes - normal thing, I don't really care ^^

Plot holes?
examples?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 30, 2009 4:38 PM

Aug 2009
What happen to all the haters when this series came out?
Aug 30, 2009 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
SoFarGone said:
they gtfo as suggested
Aug 30, 2009 4:43 PM

Apr 2008
They all got crushed by mio-tan!

Gotta say I already love Seto. That grin and the signature death penalty part won me on the spot
Aug 30, 2009 5:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kvakond said:
SoFarGone said:
they gtfo as suggested

I guess only people who can bear watching this stayed. It sure isn't original, but hey, it's still pretty entertaining and that's all it matters....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 30, 2009 7:00 PM

Jul 2009
wakka9ca said:
Kvakond said:
SoFarGone said:
they gtfo as suggested

I guess only people who can bear watching this stayed. It sure isn't original, but hey, it's still pretty entertaining and that's all it matters....

Not original ?

pfffffff
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 30, 2009 7:22 PM

Feb 2008
Most painful plot hole I had ever watched in a long time.
Aug 30, 2009 7:40 PM

Apr 2008
woah ... new characters o_olll

Aug 30, 2009 8:46 PM

Jul 2008
new characters and the Judgment finisher is badass XD
LOL @ Disc's trap >_<

Kvakond said:
SoFarGone said:
they gtfo as suggested

ORLY?
Nayah said:
Most painful plot hole I had ever watched in a long time.

There >_<

but then again i find it weird how bout 20 guys didnt see how they climbed up into the vents above

o wells as long as it's entertaining im good XD
Aug 30, 2009 10:32 PM

Jul 2007
Mio's butt needs a fan club.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Aug 30, 2009 11:02 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode.
Disc and The Pretty Girl Squad were awesome with their powers not to mention the apperence of Seto and Solva they are great.
Aug 30, 2009 11:17 PM
Feb 2009
<-- dont care about plot holes anymore... but this:
Siva said:
hahaha, like that explaination XD

Splitter said:
Mio's butt needs a fan club.
lol
flame_tiongAug 30, 2009 11:22 PM
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 30, 2009 11:32 PM

Jan 2009
Any guesses as to what Saten and that girl did to Eve? Besides seemingly raping her. x__X Pretty sure it's not anything good for either of the Adams and it will blow up soon on their faces.

I WAS kinda bothered with all the Blade jobbing. Though he did enjoy the physical contact with Mio's buttocks, which could explain why he was containing his powers, his thoughts were totally serious about him being outclassed by the PGS and trying to fight and win. Ok, it's NEEDLESS, but still...

And the "masked girl is Aruka" is so obvious that of course she will be her, lol. Again, this is Needless.
Aug 31, 2009 12:37 AM

Aug 2009
unellmay said:
Morkand-san said:

Plot holes?
examples?

See previous posts. Not mine.
Aug 31, 2009 1:34 AM

Dec 2008
hell yeah reinforcements XD

Is the pretty girl squad dead now?, I think after death penalty they are wiped out .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2009 1:37 AM

May 2009
Wow, Father had reinforcements this entire time but never bothered to mentioned to the rest of the group. Seto is pretty awesome.
Aug 31, 2009 1:37 AM

Apr 2008
Actually there aren't that many plot holes in that fight if you look carefully.

1:Blade can't copy the fragment of an enemy but a INDIVIDUAL SKILL. Kuchinashi was always a problem since she has a infinite amount of scents like she wrote a while back so if anything our lovable mute is the main reason Blade got pwned this bad.

2: the attacks were also in quick succession and we've seen before that Blade's copied abilities seem weaker than the original by a small margin as we've seen with Uchida's two attacks
Aug 31, 2009 2:24 AM

Jul 2009
Darklight0303 said:

1:Blade can't copy the fragment of an enemy but a INDIVIDUAL SKILL. Kuchinashi was always a problem since she has a infinite amount of scents like she wrote a while back so if anything our lovable mute is the main reason Blade got pwned this bad.

2: the attacks were also in quick succession and we've seen before that Blade's copied abilities seem weaker than the original by a small margin as we've seen with Uchida's two attacks

Exactly someones getting it
Aug 31, 2009 3:45 AM

Feb 2008
Lol, there was no way in hell Blade would have lost especially after the fight with Arclight. He could have easily settled for a stale-mate especially since he memorized Setsuna's trademark skill which was more than enough for him to avoid or at least match up to Setsuna's speed.

This whole charade was nothing more than a simple script in which he was pretty much destined to lose..either that or he has a weakness for the Pretty Girl Squad members.
Aug 31, 2009 3:57 AM

Apr 2008
Um he lost the fight with Arclight. Besides Setsuna has more than just the Deen Drive foxhound.
Aug 31, 2009 4:51 AM

Oct 2007
SoFarGone said:
Well I am actually one of those people who did say "WTF is this?" but after a few episodes you start to understand what the show is about then you have no reason to not watching it anymore, Am I right?

One more thing to add, discussing about shounen thing in this show is failed in many level. You are not watching this show to learn about its shounen BUT you are watching this show to see what it shows you.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 31, 2009 5:01 AM

May 2009
Darklight0303 said:

The only problem here is that he should already KNOW their attacks, as he's been hammered with them before. He doesn't HAVE to memorize them again (after all, he still knew Uchida's move when he fought Arclight, he didn't have to re-memorize it).

Still, he did get some moments in which he could've retaliated, yet he let himself get beat up to the point where they nearly killed him. Judging by his reaction when the other two girls arrive (something like "what took you?"), I'm inclined to think he wanted those girls to finish them off rather than beat them himself and thus held back.
Aug 31, 2009 5:31 AM

Mar 2008
unellmay said:
Darklight0303 said:

No, you didn't get it.
She COULD use different ones, but she used the exactly same Fragrance attacks as before - he should be totally immune against these already memorized ones. So, that makes no sense at all.

His attacks were only weaker against Arclight, because he is so much stronger. There is no reason to think it's the same against the lolis, since his attacks were always as strong in the fight against the Spiderweb-Guy and Flamboy-Guy. Thinking that the Memorize-Ability can only copy those memorized attacks a little bit weaker than the original user is wrong, since Arclight is also a Memorizy-Ability-Useer and for him there wasn't that restriction. So it all comes done with how much power you can reproduce these attacks.

ClearSinz said:
but then again i find it weird how bout 20 guys didnt see how they climbed up into the vents above

Yes, I thought that, too. ^^
ForeverAug 31, 2009 5:38 AM
Aug 31, 2009 6:09 AM

Jul 2009
Forever said:
unellmay said:
Darklight0303 said:

No, you didn't get it.
She COULD use different ones, but she used the exactly same Fragrance attacks as before - he should be totally immune against these already memorized ones. So, that makes no sense at all.

Mer there was three of them
He only ever though one and just learning
someones attack won't suddenly make you better that makes no sense
Aug 31, 2009 6:36 AM

Mar 2008
unellmay said:
Mer there was three of them
He only ever though one and just learning
someones attack won't suddenly make you better that makes no sense

She only used "Maiden Restriction" and "Clown Marionette" - both were used in the first 1vs1 fight against her before and he memorized them both. In the first fight he was immune against an attack from her he already memorized, so he should have been immune to both of her attacks this episode. Obvious and ridiculous plot hole.
Aug 31, 2009 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
in the battle with Uchida the Vulcan Shock Ignition from Blade WAS smaller and less powerfull than the one Uchida fired. Only reason he won then is cause he combined Kandata string.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Needless Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 10, 2009

124 by Reshiram_IX »»
May 25, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaDenmad - Dec 3, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 21 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 20, 2009

49 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 12, 2009

41 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 19 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 5, 2009

45 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.